Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar (5925 Views)

President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad / Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by egift(m): 4:07am On Apr 03, 2015
The short answer is No. All through the PDP's campaign of hate, we saw many blatant lies being paraded against Gen. Buhari. Twisting of very simple issues and blackmails here and there.

In order not be dragged into false expectations that is not there, I will like this issue revisited.

1. Below is the falsehood deliberately ignited by Vanguard newspaper. For everyone who listened to the speech, Buhari never made such claim. The exact quote from Buhari on the fall in value of the Naira is clearly in bold.

Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.dpuf

2. It is important to state the the "Abacha is not Corrupt" and "spreading Sharia all over Nigeria" also started like this - A Journalist misrepresenting issues to gain audience or for gratification.

3. While I have the opinion that misconceptions is not limited to one political party, it is important we still present the truth irrespective of the number of time a lie is repeated.

4. Anyone you see who continue asking what President Buhari will make Naira to a dollar, know the person is just mischievous, ignorant or deliberately continuing the Hate Campaign of PDP that cost Jonathan the presidency.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free"

cc: lalasticlala, OAM4J, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by abuchilag: 4:59am On Apr 03, 2015
sir, what records are u setting straight. May 29th is about 56days away and you are already defending Buhari.
what does this statement mean :
"I will ensure that the naira is equal to the dollar in value"?

Tomorrow you will also come and tell us that he didn't say that he will stabilize the price of oil.

In as much as we need to support and encourage our leaders, time has come for us to hold them accountable to their campaign promises. So don't come here and try to twist the obvious.

After four years, we shall appraise his performance.....hopefully by then the exchange rate will be N1- $1

God bless Nigeria
God bless our president-elect
God bless his economic team.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by egift(m): 5:22am On Apr 03, 2015
abuchilag:
sir, what records are u setting straight. May 29th is about 56days away and you are already defending Buhari.
"I will ensure that the naira is equals to the dollar in value"?

Tomorrow you will also come and tell us that he didn't say that he will stabilize the price of oil.

In as much as we need to support and encourage our leaders, time has come for us to hold them accountable to their campaign promises. So don't come here and try to twist the obvious.

After four years, we shall appraise his performance.....hopefully by then the exchange rate will be N1- $1

God bless Nigeria

Provide us any evidence of actual quote from Buhari that One Naira will be equal to a dollar. Below is what Buhari said:
“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’

So how does a comment on the sad state of Naira dropping against dollar, equal a vow to make them equal? Tell us and stop repeating the headlines and comments of a paid journalist.

Note: It is not impossible. In Economics, it is called Re-denomination. Ghana did it. But the fact is, Buhari did not make the claim the the journalist attributed to him. Am glad even NTA and AIT are back to reality after months of misinformation.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Rose2014: 5:30am On Apr 03, 2015
abuchilag:

God bless Nigeria

Why not post the link as reported by vanguard anyway let me help you. Here
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

All of a sudden, APC has started changing their tone. Could that be the change they promised naija? cheesy Chai ma belle o. Changing the promises that was just made last week.
Until they sue vanguard, what op is saying here is story for the gods

Watching with keen interest until agents of change:
1. Ensures one naira equals one dollar
2. Ensure world oil price is increased
3. Ensures millions of unemployed youths receive 5k every month

4years countdown begins May 29th

Btw no excuses please cheesy

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Rose2014: 5:31am On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

Provide us any evidence of actual quote from Buhari that One Naira will be equal to a dollar. Below is what Buhari said:
“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’

So how does a comment on the sad state of Naira dropping against dollar, equal a vow to make them equal? Tell us and stop repeating the headlines and comments of a paid journalist.

Note: It is not impossible. In Economics, it is called Re-denomination. Ghana did it. But the fact is, Buhari did not make the claim the the journalist attributed to him. Am glad even NTA and AIT are back to reality after months of misinformation.

I've provided you the evidence as reported by vanguard. Either u sue vanguard or forever hold your peace

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by mrmetoo1: 5:32am On Apr 03, 2015
abuchilag:

God bless Nigeria

Even this is not true. He said he'll stabilize the oil market not the oil price. People even went as far as saying he would stabilize global oil prices.

He even said what he said about stabilizing the oil market with regards to Nigeria and the unscrupulous practices that has plagued the market for so long.

I saw the interview live, imagine my surprise coming online and seeing people writing rubbish. I just saw it as people having serious comprehension problems or people just being mischievous or both

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by ellechrystal(f): 5:42am On Apr 03, 2015
APC n LIES, lol.
U guys havnt seen nothing yet, lol.
U say one n lie later, y didn't these folks come to defend it before d election? Oh after d game, u come to counter all u said?
Hell no, we ain't stupid, we ain't fools, please do as u said o.
Hmm
If not, Nigerians will deal with u more than Johna sef.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Nobody: 5:44am On Apr 03, 2015
**clears throat** now this is gonna be very interesting,haha......gonna be pretty interesting.

da hellssthat goddamm popcorn?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Rose2014: 5:45am On Apr 03, 2015
Rexxie:
**clears throat** now this is gonna be very interesting,haha......gonna be pretty interesting.

da hellssthat goddamm popcorn?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by egift(m): 5:50am On Apr 03, 2015

Buhari in Imo State

Rose2014:
I've provided you the evidence as reported by vanguard. Either u sue vanguard for lying against your master(and win o) or forever hold your peace

Copy and post the quote from Buhari validating yours and the claim of the Journalist.

PDP and their agents can their head on the wall, it does not change the Fact that Buhari did make the comment that PDP has spent millions to propagate.

The lies and hate campaign again Buhari is one reason Nigerians kicked out Jonathan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by gratiaeo(m): 6:31am On Apr 03, 2015
We haven't started and APC are already crying.
We will have our own version of BH haram.
We will have our own version of chibok girls.
The old foolish certificateless general will see hell on earth

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by egift(m): 6:35am On Apr 03, 2015
gratiaeo:

So the misinformation and lies is a deliberate quest by the PDP to undermine the next administration? Good to know.

When PDP understand the reason they failed, you will stop the hatred. Nigerians will move past the hate and divisiveness of the PDP.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by nigerianvenom(m): 6:38am On Apr 03, 2015
gratiaeo:

he feels he will have a smooth sail,but never will he.
he will taste the same fruit he has been giving others.may 29 isnt far,but to me its far.i wish it should be this weekend

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by arewafederation: 6:47am On Apr 03, 2015
nigerianvenom:

he will taste the same fruit he has been giving others.may 29 isnt far,but to me its far.i wish it should be this weekend

Even you will begin to chant the "Change" mantra after May 29. cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by dunkem21(m): 7:00am On Apr 03, 2015
Rose2014:

I've provided you the evidence as reported by vanguard. Either u sue vanguard or forever hold your peace

Waoh!

Classical du excellento.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by MalcoImX: 7:03am On Apr 03, 2015
nigerianvenom:

venom, I can only read that you're just being bitter. Instead, it would do you some good if you'd research why Jonathan wasn't re-elected.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by suwailad(f): 7:12am On Apr 03, 2015
Rose2014:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

From that same source, let me paste the full article here for every one to read

Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said [s]he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value[/s], if voted into office. (where in this Article did Buhari mention this? What useless Journalism is this?)

Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.buhari-Naira

[size=18pt]“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’[/size] he said.

He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.

Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

Please slowly and articulately read the article AND TELL ME WHERE BUHARI SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED HE WOULD MAKE A NAIRA TO ONE DOLLAR!

I believe you have basic education to understand what i am saying.

Instead you should be denouncing Junk Journalism and useless reportage based on hate and calumny, look at you here still jumping on that stale old jonathan's slander propaganda.

Remove that hate from your heart, and lets all support Buhari. Is there any need to still cry over spilt milk? Would you want to destroy what nigerians have built together, or dont you have kids and family to think about?

Stop Your Hate campaign now and stop spreading misinformation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by MalcoImX: 7:15am On Apr 03, 2015
Rose2014:

All of a sudden, APC has started changing their tone. Could that be the change they promised naija? cheesy Chai ma belle o. Changing the promises that was just made last week.

Yours is questionable too, because some papers reported that that's not what he actually said.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by suwailad(f): 7:17am On Apr 03, 2015
this should be on fp. we ought to start putting fake reports against GMB exactly where they belong. It will be unfair if we dont quash this now. Please egift i would love you change the title from asking questions to staking your claim. GMB never said anything like that! stupid journalist!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by suwailad(f): 7:19am On Apr 03, 2015
dunkem21:

Waoh!

Classical du excellento.

You too should do well and read the article then find out where he mentioned it. If you can find it, i will pay you N100k.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by dunkem21(m): 7:29am On Apr 03, 2015
suwailad:

You too should do well and read the article then find out where he mentioned it. If you can find it, i will pay you N100k.

If you guys want to defend your guy, get us a video link and stop acting childish.

..or sue vanguard ..it will send a strong message.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by AmucheJane(f): 7:35am On Apr 03, 2015
To early to start defending your general. I just dey watch make I see wetin una president go do for una.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by suwailad(f): 7:36am On Apr 03, 2015
dunkem21:

If you guys want to defend your guy, get us a video link and stop acting childish.

stop acting like a dummy or are you one?
We do not need to sue anyone. The only thing we can do is EDUCATE you since we know its hard for half-baked graduates to effectively comprehend, thats why i metioned the article for you to find it out yourself.

So do well to stop spreading lies. Thank You

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by suwailad(f): 7:37am On Apr 03, 2015
AmucheJane:
To early to start defending your general. I just dey watch make I see wetin una president go do for una.

Please read the thread and the comments clearly, we are stopping the spread of misinformation, It is way more different than what you are speculating

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by usbcable(m): 7:37am On Apr 03, 2015
The journalist is either a dunce or a corrupt PDP agent.
The editor of Vanguard himself is guilty of complacency.

egift good of you to show the lies and propaganda of PDP apologist.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by usbcable(m): 7:38am On Apr 03, 2015
dunkem21:

read the Vanguard article.
The only part where Buhari was quoted and not the thrash paragraph above it.
The journalist was just being mischievous

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by egift(m): 7:43am On Apr 03, 2015
usbcable:
The journalist is either a dunce or a corrupt PDP agent.
The editor of Vanguard himself is guilty of complacency.

egift good of you to show the lies and propaganda of PDP apologist.

They where handsomely paid to lie. Even NTA and AIT who told us Buhari has no certificate and did not even finish Secondary School, now tell the complete truth that not only did Buhari graduated from secondary school with well-known classmates, that he also have a Masters Degree certification from United States War College (an information they deliberately suppressed just days ago).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Borderless: 7:43am On Apr 03, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Even this is not true. He said he'll stabilize the oil market not the oil price. People even went as far as saying he would stabilize global oil prices.

He even said what he said about stabilizing the oil market with regards to Nigeria and the unscrupulous practices that has plagued the market for so long.

I saw the interview live, imagine my surprise coming online and seeing people writing rubbish. I just saw it as people having serious comprehension problems or people just being mischievous or both

Mind you oga, you're not the only one who saw the interview quite a lot of people did. I suggest you go get brighter grammar textbook to help with your obvious comprehension problem. Nigerians aren't daft!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by unphilaz(m): 7:44am On Apr 03, 2015
Make i go youtube sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Ama80(f): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2015
@op pls don't insult our intelligence here.if u a having problems wt semantics i advce u go bak to clas.we knw wat d general said and he knows d implications of wat he said.i don't see him failing aftr all he is a miracle worker.so don't cry fr him.he is telling us now to b realistic wt our demands but I tell u Nigerians are pregnant with expectations. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by major466(m): 7:56am On Apr 03, 2015
Rose2014:

APC promised N25,000 to unemployed youths.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by egift(m): 7:59am On Apr 03, 2015
Ama80:
@op pls don't insult our intelligence here.if u a having problems wt semantics i advce u go bak to clas. we knw wat d general said and he knows d implications of wat he said. i don't see him failing aftr all he is a miracle worker.so don't cry fr him.he is telling us now to b realistic wt our demands but I tell u Nigerians are pregnant with expectations. grin

@Bold:
The implication of his statement was that the slide is wrong, meaning he will make efforts to see the Naira appreciate in value. But to now run to town an tell everyone that "Buhari promised to make the exchange rate 1 Naira = $1, is grossly mischievous to say the least.

In case you don't know, the plan is that in 4yrs, Okupe and his PDP crew will be here to tell use although Naira has appreciated, that Buhari to deliver on his promise to make the Dollar and Naira equal in exchange rate. When he never made such promise in the first place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. / British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today / Life In America, Yoruba Housewife And Her Mother In Law - Shame(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.