Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,445 members, 7,801,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar (5920 Views)

President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad / Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Borderless: 7:59am On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

Buhari in Imo State

Copy and post the quote from Buhari validating yours and the claim of the Journalist.

PDP and their agents can their head on the wall, it does not change the Fact that Buhari did make the comment that PDP has spent millions to propagate.

The lies and hate campaign again Buhari is one reason Nigerians kicked out Jonathan.

I can bet that your "all progressives confidence" grandpa will be worse than PEJ. We shall see how it goes when he begins to honour invitations from world leaders. I just hope somebody will continually be by him to remind him that he is from Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by MalcoImX: 8:09am On Apr 03, 2015
Even if he did, it's not entirely impossible. At a certain time in Nigeria's history the Naira was higher in value to the Dollar. But people should stop propagating lies just because they lost an election.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Borderless: 8:13am On Apr 03, 2015
suwailad:
this should be on fp. we ought to start putting fake reports against GMB exactly where they belong. It will be unfair if we dont quash this now. Please egift i would love you change the title from asking questions to staking your claim. GMB never said anything like that! stupid journalist!

I hope you'd carry along with you the fake ones about GEJ too. . .all those sniper thingy, or what do you think? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Ama80(f): 8:15am On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=egift post=32295337]

@Bold:
The implication of his statement was that the slide is wrong, meaning he will make efforts to see the Naira appreciate in value. But to now run to town an tell everyone that "Buhari promised to make the exchange rate 1 Naira = $1, is grossly mischievous to say the least.

In case you don't know, the plan is that in 4yrs, Okupe and his PDP crew will be here to tell use although Naira has appreciated, that Buhari to deliver on his promise to make the Dollar and Naira equal in exchange rate. When he never made such promise in the first place.[/quot.post d video link and leav d comprehension for us.and one word;it's too early.
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by egift(m): 8:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Borderless:
I hope you'd carry along with you the fake ones about GEJ too. . .all those sniper thingy, or what do you think? grin

This is about "₦1 = $1" Lies that is being spread by PDP and their agents.

If you have any false allegations against Jonathan you wish to clarify, create your own thread and we can discuss it. But knowing this one is false, start first by accepting the truth.
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Ama80(f): 8:18am On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

@Bold:
The implication of his statement was that the slide is wrong, meaning he will make efforts to see the Naira appreciate in value. But to now run to town an tell everyone that "Buhari promised to make the exchange rate 1 Naira = $1, is grossly mischievous to say the least.

In case you don't know, the plan is that in 4yrs, Okupe and his PDP crew will be here to tell use although Naira has appreciated, that Buhari to deliver on his promise to make the Dollar and Naira equal in exchange rate. When he never made such promise in the first place.
post d video link here and leave d comprehension for us.and one word;it's too early.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by suwailad(f): 8:30am On Apr 03, 2015
Ama80:
post d video link here and leave d comprehension for us.and one word;it's too early.

you go find the video. or must every thing have it's own video too?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by dunkem21(m): 8:54am On Apr 03, 2015
suwailad:

stop acting like a dummy or are you one?
We do not need to sue anyone. The only thing we can do is EDUCATE you since we know its hard for half-baked graduates to effectively comprehend, thats why i metioned the article for you to find it out yourself.

So do well to stop spreading lies. Thank You

OK. Thank you.

No need to argue with paid jobbers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by dunkem21(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2015
suwailad:

stop acting like a dummy or are you one?
We do not need to sue anyone. The only thing we can do is EDUCATE you since we know its hard for half-baked graduates to effectively comprehend, thats why i metioned the article for you to find it out yourself.

So do well to stop spreading lies. Thank You

OK. Thank you.

No need to brain storm with paid jobbers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 03, 2015
Rose2014:

Why not post the link as reported by vanguard anyway let me help you. Here
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

All of a sudden, APC has started changing their tone. Could that be the change they promised naija? cheesy Chai ma belle o. Changing the promises that was just made last week.
Until they sue vanguard, what op is saying here is story for the gods

Watching with keen interest until agents of change:
1. Ensures one naira equals one dollar
2. Ensure world oil price is increased
3. Ensures millions of unemployed youths receive 5k every month

4years countdown begins May 29th

Btw no excuses please cheesy

lol lie lie party
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 03, 2015
suwailad:

From that same source, let me paste the full article here for every one to read

Please slowly and articulately read the article AND TELL ME WHERE BUHARI SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED HE WOULD MAKE A NAIRA TO ONE DOLLAR!

I believe you have basic education to understand what i am saying.

Instead you should be denouncing Junk Journalism and useless reportage based on hate and calumny, look at you here still jumping on that stale old jonathan's slander propaganda.

Remove that hate from your heart, and lets all support Buhari. Is there any need to still cry over spilt milk? Would you want to destroy what nigerians have built together, or dont you have kids and family to think about?

Stop Your Hate campaign now and stop spreading misinformation
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC)
presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu
Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that
the Naira was equal to the dollar in value , if
voted into office.
what about that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Bevista: 9:20am On Apr 03, 2015
abuchilag:
What does this statement mean :
"I will ensure that the naira is equal to the dollar in value"?
Can you please point me to any article where the quote you just printed above was said by Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Gr8amechi: 9:23am On Apr 03, 2015
Rose2014:

Why not post the link as reported by vanguard anyway let me help you. Here
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

All of a sudden, APC has started changing their tone. Could that be the change they promised naija? cheesy Chai ma belle o. Changing the promises that was just made last week.
Until they sue vanguard, what op is saying here is story for the gods

Watching with keen interest until agents of change:
1. Ensures one naira equals one dollar
2. Ensure world oil price is increased
3. Ensures millions of unemployed youths receive 5k every month

4years countdown begins May 29th

Btw no excuses please cheesy

there is no place on the page of vanguard that quoted him saying that, if he did show me

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by egift(m): 9:31am On Apr 03, 2015
Chappie:

voted into office.
what about that?

Either you are ignorant of a what a "Quote" is in a news article or you are deliberately and mischievously ascribing the words of the Journalist to Buhari.
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

Either you are ignorant of a what a "Quote" is in a news article or you are deliberately and mischievously ascribing the words of the Journalist to Buhari.

Truth has to be repeated constantly
because error is also being preached all the
time and not just by the few but by the
multitudes. In the press and encyclopedias,
in schools and universities, everywhere
holds sway, feeling happy and comfortable
in the knowledge of having the majority on
its side.

the bolded part fits your agenda,i posted what's written in the article...

not all Nigerians are one sided bigot like you..
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by dunkem21(m): 9:45am On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

I have asked this question severally, 'Is the statement in quote the only statement made by Buhari'?

Why are we not disputing the vanguard's story about Okorocha and what he said? ..and other events at the rally?

Why not upload a video link for all to watch instead of telling us that the journalist was being mischievous?

You guys really take us for fools.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:53am On Apr 03, 2015
arewafederation:

Even you will begin to chant the "Change" mantra after May 29. cool
lol shouting change mantra after May 29 means changing the government in power which is APC
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by dunkem21(m): 9:57am On Apr 03, 2015
dunkem21:

I have asked this question severally, 'Is the statement in quote the only statement made by Buhari'?

Why are we not disputing the vanguard's story about Okorocha and what he said? ..and other events at the rally?

Why not upload a video link for all to watch instead of telling us that the journalist was being mischievous?

You guys really take us for fools.
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by mrmetoo1: 10:51am On Apr 03, 2015
Borderless:

Mind you oga, you're not the only one who saw the interview quite a lot of people did. I suggest you go get brighter grammar textbook to help with your obvious comprehension problem. Nigerians aren't daft!

Not all Nigerians are daft but some are
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by BossTtdiamonds(m): 11:06am On Apr 03, 2015
egift.. I have come to understand that no matter how hard you explain sonethings to certain persons, there's a brick wall of ignorance that repels any form of wise explanation or intelligence as the case may be......

Believe me, I know what I am talking about..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by suwailad(f): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Chappie:

voted into office.
what about that?

are you so daft? Please bring the source where the news media quoted him VERBATIM saying that!
Oh God, what education did you have?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by 4Play(m): 11:23am On Apr 03, 2015
suwailad:

are you so daft? Please bring the source where the news media quoted him VERBATIM saying that!
Oh God, what education did you have?

Wouldn't it be easier to upload the video to show he said something else in his speech? At the moment, both sides are relying on media reports or interpretations of the speech.

It is incumbent on those insisting they know exactly what Buhari said in his speech to provide evidence. This applies to both sides.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 03, 2015
suwailad:

Oh God , what education did you have?
Is the
statement in quote the only statement made by
Buhari? undecided

You can only see what your eyes wants to see...

[qoute] Oh God , what education did you have?[/quote]

i think i should ask you that?
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by egift(m): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2015
Chappie:

Is the
statement in quote the only statement made by
Buhari? undecided

You can only see what your eyes wants to see...

[qoute] Oh God , what education did you have?

i think i should ask you that?

The one in quote was the only one he made about the dollar and naira, from which the journalist derived her dubious claims.

Other issue Buhari discussed that day was the state of the economy, security, poverty, mining, etc. He spent the rest thanking the people of Imo state and requested for their support and votes.

So what we are saying here, is that while Buhari decried the dwindling value of the Naira, he NEVER said he will make N1 = $1. Sadly that misinformation came through a journalist that works with News Agency of Nigeria. We are all glad that despite Jonathan deploying all the tools of Government to smear Buhari, Nigerians defeated Corruption eventually. It would have been sad to see Hate Campaign win.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

The one in quote was the only one he made about the dollar and naira, from which the journalist derived her dubious claims.

Other issue Buhari discussed that day was the state of the economy, security, poverty, mining, etc. He spent the rest thanking the people of Imo state and requested for their support and votes.

So what we are saying here, is that while Buhari decried the dwindling value of the Naira, he NEVER said he will make N1 = $1. Sadly that misinformation came through a journalist that works with News Agency of Nigeria. We are all glad that despite Jonathan deploying all the tools of Government to smear Buhari, Nigerians defeated Corruption eventually. It would have been sad to see Hate Campaign win.
do you have a video link for me to verify?
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by rabimlomo: 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Borderless:

Mind you oga, you're not the only one who saw the interview quite a lot of people did. I suggest you go get brighter grammar textbook to help with your obvious comprehension problem. Nigerians aren't daft!

He NEVER said he would stabilize world oil price. STOP SPREADING LIES. This was what he said

"We should do what we can to stabilize the
oil market....but diversifying into agriculture is a
must"

Meaning the local oil industry vis avis all the stealing going on in that sector

HERE IS THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5tpOLkUyU
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by rabimlomo: 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
abuchilag:
sir, what records are u setting straight. May 29th is about 56days away and you are already defending Buhari.
what does this statement mean :
"I will ensure that the naira is equal to the dollar in value"?

Tomorrow you will also come and tell us that he didn't say that he will stabilize the price of oil.

In as much as we need to support and encourage our leaders, time has come for us to hold them accountable to their campaign promises. So don't come here and try to twist the obvious.

After four years, we shall appraise his performance.....hopefully by then the exchange rate will be N1- $1

God bless Nigeria
God bless our president-elect
God bless his economic team.

He NEVER said he would stabilize world oil price. STOP SPREADING LIES. This was what he said

"We should do what we can to stabilize the
oil market....but diversifying into agriculture is a
must"

Meaning the local oil industry vis avis all the stealing going on in that sector

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by rabimlomo: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
egift:
The short answer is No. All through the PDP's campaign of hate, we saw many blatant lies being paraded against Gen. Buhari. Twisting of very simple issues and blackmails here and there.

In order not be dragged into false expectations that is not there, I will like this issue revisited.

1. Below is the falsehood deliberately ignited by Vanguard newspaper. For everyone who listened to the speech, Buhari never made such claim. The exact quote from Buhari on the fall in value of the Naira is clearly in bold.

2. It is important to state the the "Abacha is not Corrupt" and "spreading Sharia all over Nigeria" also started like this - A Journalist misrepresenting issues to gain audience or for gratification.

3. While I have the opinion that misconceptions is not limited to one political party, it is important we still present the truth irrespective of the number of time a lie is repeated.

4. Anyone you see who continue asking what President Buhari will make Naira to a dollar, know the person is just mischievous, ignorant or deliberately continuing the Hate Campaign of PDP that cost Jonathan the presidency.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free"

cc: lalasticlala, OAM4J, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji

Plus the "i will stabilize oil market lie". I actually did believe that lie until I watched the video just now. OMG people can lie shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Amitex(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

Provide us any evidence of actual quote from Buhari that One Naira will be equal to a dollar. Below is what Buhari said:
“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’

So how does a comment on the sad state of Naira dropping against dollar, equal a vow to make them equal? Tell us and stop repeating the headlines and comments of a paid journalist.

Note: It is not impossible. In Economics, it is called Re-denomination. Ghana did it. But the fact is, Buhari did not make the claim the the journalist attributed to him. Am glad even NTA and AIT are back to reality after months of misinformation.

It is damn too early to start defending that clueless statement from president-elect. Any attempt to fraudulently hoodwink us with grammar will not work. I am saving my money so that soon, very soon I can buy houses in New York. At least with N2m ($2m), I can own a good home in New York.

APC = CHANGE from cluelessness to "OBLIVIOUNESS"grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by Franzeez(m): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Within 100 days we will begin to shout #thisisnotthechangewewant and we will start the campaign of Change. Just 100 days. Thanks to the social media you used in spoiling GEJ, we are ready if Buhari fails to deliver his promises to instantly critique him and start the movement for his removal as early as after 100 days. Rubbish
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by nigerianvenom(m): 11:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
MalcoImX:
venom, I can only read that you're just being bitter. Instead, it would do you some good if you'd research why Jonathan wasn't re-elected.

there is no good reason he wasnt re elected
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by MalcoImX: 6:28am On Apr 07, 2015
nigerianvenom:

there is no good reason he wasnt re elected
He is a divisive figure and therefore not good for the unity of the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Video: Soldiers in Gloves, Corpses & Burnt Properties at Zakzaky's Residence / Nigerian Man Arrested In London For Instigating Killing Of Igbos / The Truth About The Billionaire Adeleke Family From Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.