Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar (5929 Views)

President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad / Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by BlackTechnology: 6:33am On Apr 07, 2015
egift:
The short answer is No. All through the PDP's campaign of hate, we saw many blatant lies being paraded against Gen. Buhari. Twisting of very simple issues and blackmails here and there.

In order not be dragged into false expectations that is not there, I will like this issue revisited.

1. Below is the falsehood deliberately ignited by Vanguard newspaper. For everyone who listened to the speech, Buhari never made such claim. The exact quote from Buhari on the fall in value of the Naira is clearly in bold.

2. It is important to state the the "Abacha is not Corrupt" and "spreading Sharia all over Nigeria" also started like this - A Journalist misrepresenting issues to gain audience or for gratification.

3. While I have the opinion that misconceptions is not limited to one political party, it is important we still present the truth irrespective of the number of time a lie is repeated.

4. Anyone you see who continue asking what President Buhari will make Naira to a dollar, know the person is just mischievous, ignorant or deliberately continuing the Hate Campaign of PDP that cost Jonathan the presidency.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free"

cc: lalasticlala, OAM4J, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji

Why are you changing mouth nowwww

We are watching you guys fake change in 3D

When is Buhari probing Tinubu and OBJ grin
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by nigerianvenom(m): 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
He is a divisive figure and therefore not good for the unity of the country.

explain what u mean by that,sir
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by MalcoImX: 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
nigerianvenom:

explain what u mean by that,sir
Where have you been that it's today you want answers. Not yo derail, I think the thread is alleges that Buhari promised to make Naira equal to the Dollar, which many have pointed out to that he was misquoted.
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by stanech: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Them son change gear. don't worry @ d appointed time we will bring out all the evidence.
the other day they were saying he is not in support of sharia until I gave them hard evidence from a mewspaper
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by ayindejimmy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
abuchilag:
sir, what records are u setting straight. May 29th is about 56days away and you are already defending Buhari.
what does this statement mean :
"I will ensure that the naira is equal to the dollar in value"?

Tomorrow you will also come and tell us that he didn't say that he will stabilize the price of oil.

In as much as we need to support and encourage our leaders, time has come for us to hold them accountable to their campaign promises. So don't come here and try to twist the obvious.

After four years, we shall appraise his performance.....hopefully by then the exchange rate will be N1- $1

God bless Nigeria
God bless our president-elect
God bless his economic team.

Pls. Can u kindly provide the link from which buhari was quoted as you just did above?

Most of the newspapers used it as headlines but none quoted him the way you just did. I'll really love to know where this quote is from. Thanks.
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by nigerianvenom(m): 7:47am On Apr 11, 2015
MalcoImX:
Where have you been that it's today you want answers. Not yo derail, I think the thread is alleges that Buhari promised to make Naira equal to the Dollar, which many have pointed out to that he was misquoted.

u havent answered d question sir.or u wanna deny he never said so?
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by mex22: 11:43am On May 29, 2016
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar by mex22: 11:43am On May 29, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Pls. Can u kindly provide the link from which buhari was quoted as you just did above?

Most of the newspapers used it as headlines but none quoted him the way you just did. I'll really love to know where this quote is from. Thanks.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Africa Is Technologically Undeveloped / 2019 Polls: Complaints Trail Display Of Voters’ Register / 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.