Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test - Jobs/Vacancies (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test (556048 Views)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / WAEC: Invitation For Aptitude Test Roll In / Diamond Bank 2015 Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by skydude(m): 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
Dick agreed my typo are unquestionable, but u mentioned u wey a black am sure nw u are a white,
All I see in ur Rants are words of a fallen man who tries 2 shell some ego,
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by stemichnaa(f): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
dickoflife:
well since u think having a masters is so special then sorry to burst your bubbles my dear I have a postgraduate degree also from europe and studying for another again so don't worry the fucking garage will be provided bring your beetle let's park.. When una tire some of us at una expense will leave this jungle called nigeria for una and your myopic view. Shebi u sabi english abi? Rubbish.
been reading your comments,1st I thought you wanted to talk in favor of those who recruitment was suspended, but then you jumped into insults,then into bragging and then you started pissing me off like seriously,then I started seeing lies.All in all I think you desperate looking for this NIS job too.Byeeeeeeeee the insults can start coming in what you best known for.*wink*

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by dickoflife(m): 12:26am On Oct 01, 2015
stemichnaa:
been reading your comments,1st I thought you wanted to talk in favor of those who recruitment was suspended, but then you jumped into insults,then into bragging and then you started pissing me off like seriously,then I started seeing lies.All in all I think you desperate looking for this NIS job too.Byeeeeeeeee the insults can start coming in what you best known for.*wink*
your opinion is yours. I can support whom I choose. If it gores your ox, pele.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by adesan790: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
IT IS TIME TO SPEAKOUT WITH UNANIMOUS VOICES.

There is perhaps no better time or day other than this beautiful democracy day in our country to make comments on many observations I have noticed on this thread since its creation few months ago. The choice of today is not deliberate; it is just a matter of coincidence but I am also glad I have the opportunity of passing this message across on a day like this, given the significance we all attach to this day in our history.
To start with, I commend the spirit of everyone who has posted on this thread ever since, making it interesting to visit almost every day. Apart from the few times of silence the thread encountered, it has actually served a useful medium of relevant information for all the details of the Immigration Service recruitment for several numbers of uncountable times. To be frank, this thread represented a mini picture of what goes on in the larger Nigerian society and, interestingly, I admired almost all the comments. In fact, there was everything you could imagine and think about without discontent.

Yes, there were abuses and counter abuses; allegations and counter allegations; rumors and counter rumors; advices and counter advices; warnings and counter warnings and a whole lots of forecasts, predictions, speculations and confidents boastings of numerous sorts. All these arguments, exchanges, dialogues, talks, conversations etc. to me were just what gave light and essence to the controversial subject of interest under scrutiny. Right from page zero to the current page, I just could not help laughing about all that have been posted; from the pains and agonies of some to the joys and ecstasies of others etc. I have seen all and certainly do have my observations.

My observations stems from the copious evidences from many of the posts herein and this shows that, there was a great deal of intolerance, misunderstanding and the unwillingness of many to accept that opinions can never be the same on a particular concern. No one is an island of knowledge, hence wherever one’s awareness ends, those of others begin. To those who feel the appointed persons from the recruitment should be recalled, they have their points and those who feel otherwise also have their points. Given the discrepancies in thoughts and opinions of this nature, it therefore becomes a herculean task to put everybody on the same page of agreement. If such task can however be achieved, it won’t come by the wanton attacks and counter attacks that have been witnessed herein all along. The only way to make this happen is to give clear details as to the reason why everyone must be on the same page; a thing which I seek to achieve with this enormous piece.

First and foremost, let me remind all of us that about 1.2million applicants initiated applications when the presidential committee advertised vacancies into various cadres of the NIS. However, only about 677,810 prospective candidates concluded their applications as presented from the summary statistics of the presidential committee. For some of us who are conversant with probability techniques (apologies if you dislike mathematics), let’s go a bit technical here.

1. The probability that anyone would be recruited at that time into the service equals 1/677,810 = 0.0000014753

2. Recall the values of probability lies between 0 and 1. That is 0 ≤ P ≤ 1.

3. The decision rule for probability values is that If P assumes the value of 0, it implies the event will not occur and if P assumes the value of 1, then it is certain that the event will occur. Thus the nearer the probability values to 0, the lesser the chance of occurrence and vice versa.

From the above analysis, it becomes crystal clear to all of us that everyone’s chance of being selected at the initial stage was virtually none existent because the probability value of 0.0000014753 is approximately 0. However, after the aptitude test was conducted, the chances selection of the remaining candidates improved significantly because of the reduced number of applicants (i.e. the denominator). Now you may want to query the aptitude test results here that how were those who passed the test determined since the results of the test was not released. Well, I actually went on a fact finding mission to unravel this and I was told that only those candidates who scored above a certain benchmark in the test were forwarded to the committee by the testing body.

I queried further that I have listened to so many complaints, especially from graduates who were certain that they choose the right answers in the tests and were confident about their choice, only to find out that their names did not make the list. The response was that, with multiple choice questions, you can never be too certain about your ingenuity. Where you may think you have chosen the right answers, you may be surprised the computer will mark you down, since it’s been pre-programmed to add and deduct according to your selections. So you can see, you may never know where you went wrong.

Let me give you a quick example as regards the above assertion here. One of my neighbors who went for the just concluded NBC aptitude test in Ikeja came home and told me he came across a question in the test which asked about the tallest building in the world and that he choose The Empire State building, New York, USA and was so confident it was the right answer until we Google it only to find out it was some other building in the UAE. Thus to those who were so assured of what they did during the test, you can never tell where it went wrong. Similarly, I have heard some boast of having masters’ degrees; second class upper yet they know of someone with a lower or pass and such was considered above them. Wow! I laugh. Such persons are quick to forget that objective questions are quite tricky. While you may be very good at your academics in school, this does not guarantee you a high mark in multiple choice questions (especially when it is not your day or your area of study or you may be so unlucky that the computer will just be throwing those questions you aren’t really familiar or certain about). In fact, you may sit with a secondary school leaver in an objective test and the latter may come out with higher scores. This does not mean he is more intelligent than you or smarter than you; in fact, in many cases, such a high score could just be a product of guessed options but right answers, while the confident person who is taking his time and thinking before making his choices, is unfortunately, selecting the wrong answers for that matter.

The selection at the state commands during the oral interview and document verification could have been subjective because human factor was already creeping in at this stage. However, judging by the responses from many participants who got the appointment that they do not know anyone before they were shortlisted, you will agree with me that prejudiced choices were minimal, if at all it happened. Reasons are that, many of those people whose names were forwarded by the computer to have passed the test actually never knew nobody at their various states of origin command where the verification was conducted. The reason for this is very simple; a computer does not know who you are. It does not recognize whether you are the Comptroller General’s child or the Interior Minister’s brother. Once you do not meet the cut, it drops you. In essence, since those who went for the verification and interview were unknown bunch of entities, those saddled with the responsibility of selection were compelled to pick according to the performances of the candidates they interviewed.

I also read a particular piece from someone who said he had a master’s degree and was not given the nod. Well, you see, it wasn’t only academic qualifications that were considered. You may have a Ph.D but with a flat foot, broken tooth, tattoo or drawings on your body, not meet the required height and chest measurement, poor health report and unclear speech. Remember that was the first time contacts was established between candidates and NIS officials and since they know what they are looking for, which may be totally different from what you filled into your application, then it becomes very difficult to determine your suitability for the job. You will recall that certain requirements were stated by the presidential committee for candidates to meet if they must be considered for appointments into the service. Let me paint a little scenario for us here. Let us assume there are two individuals: a Nasir el-Rufai, who came out with a first class from his university and a Buhari, who managed to escape with a third class from his Alma Mata. Both were interviewed for a job. The job is para-military in nature and at the end of the day; Mr. Buhari was selected for appointment into the para-military service, while Mr. El-Rufai was sent a regret letter. What do you think could have worked for Mr. Buhari? (I assume everyone on this thread is familiar with these two notable political individuals in our country and have seen the duo together before? If you have not seen them together before, please try to take note of both men on television whenever the opportunity presents itself and this may give you a clue or even an outright answer to the question posed here).

Similarly, the problem of federal/state character even within the state also comes in. Definitely, you do not expect them to pick the few people they need within your state from just your own local government. About 45 persons or thereabout were selected per state at the end of the recruitment process by the presidential committee and going by the fact that we have about 20 and above or less local governments within a state; this implies that just about 2 -3 persons per local government within each state can be selected; so how were you so sure you were the best even within your local government, knowing fully well that all the local government must be fully represented in the state, since it is a federal job and all the entities making up the whole must reflect the characteristics of the bits and pieces of all. And do you know one funny but stupid thing about this federal character nonsense is that, your performance within your local government in relation to those of other candidates in other local governments within your state may be better than those of the best candidates of those other local governments, but because you are unlucky to be grouped in a local government having very bright and genius candidates, who had extremely good performances in your own local government, you are dropped and they (i.e. poor candidates of other local governments) whom you are better off and far out perform during the exercise, are picked. If you then happen to be friends with those candidates from other local governments, and you find out that they were picked and you were dropped, the next thing is you cry foul and continue to discredit the process as being biased and with arbitrary selection rule without knowing the facts. You may even be tempted to accuse other candidates of going through the back door to secure their appointments.

Given all the above however and knowing this country for what it is as regards the problem of corruption, nepotism, rent seeking and pre-bendal politics, which has eaten deep into the fabrics of those saddled with the responsibilities of appointing individuals into federal MDAs, I do understand the numerous reservations and skepticism that many of us have associated with the recent appointments of 2000 Nigerian youths into the NIS. However, you will be surprised to hear that the reason why the NIS board and ministry of interior are so unhappy with the recruitment exercise is because the presidential committee never succumbed to the lobbying and request for slots from these heavily corrupted institutions. The presidential committee insisted everyone must write the test and pass before nominations can be made and since this approach did not favor the NIS board and ministry of interior as they knew their preferred candidates may not scale through the test, and they knew Jonathan was leaving the presidency soonest, they decided to discredit the process. This tells you the selection process was credible and devoid of pre-bendal politics. Let me ask you a question here; what do you think would have happened if the polls had favoured Jonathan? Do you think this deceptive NIS board/Ministry of interior would have raised any excuse about the recruitment process as they are doing now?

Now my problem with this recruitment is not based on whether the recruitment was political or not? Or whether it followed due process or not? My problem is that, the plight, pains, sorrows and troubles of our innocent youths were being used to determine superiority amongst two unserious and shameful entities: the presidential committee as constituted by Jonathan and the NIS board/Ministry of interior. My concern is not about those who were lucky to get the appointments or those who lost out; my concern lies with the state of despondency in which this type of leadership impunity is causing our youths (Recall innocent Patricia). It baffles me to notice that many of us are not considering this matter from that dimension and I just hope and pray that all of us in this forum will see the larger picture of assault, rape and uncanny insensitivity against the innocence of the youths of this country. After robbing us of our money and killing us in a sham recruitment exercise in 2014, the Nigerian government is still mocking 2000 of our youths (2000 youths for God’s sake!) with appointments made into the NIS by a presidential committee in May, 2015 with suspension and cruelty. I hope and I just hope many of us in this forum will see the larger picture of greed and self-aggrandizement in this impunity by the Buhari presidency and the hypocrite NIS board/Ministry of interior.

How can a charlatan NIS board/Ministry of interior say to 2000 able bodied youths at this point in time that the recruitment was illegal when their appointments have already being made and the youths made to pass through a hell of an induction experience. How can you tell them there was no finance to pay them in a country where billions of dollars are fleeced abroad on daily basis? How can you tell them the presidential committee was not righty constituted at this point in time? Who was in the better position to advice president Jonathan during his moment of madness when he wanted to constitute a presidential committee to assist the immigration on a recruitment the whole nation knows is determined by allocated slots to the president’s mother, his wife, the NIS board/Ministry of interior and politicians? Did the youths of this country beg for the exercise to be conducted by their actions/inactions? Why doesn’t the hypocritical NIS board/Ministry of interior just allocate the slots to themselves as usual and save our youths these agonies? At least many of these youths will only hear appointments have been made and some people sent on course in a weird manner as usual and those not appointed will only grumble underneath and that would just be the cost of not having the job to them.

Why? Why? Why? Why is it that we the youths are not seeing this rape and impunity from this point of view but from the point of personal benefits, thus if it does not benefit me then I will mock others who benefitted when they are being slapped, disrobed and maltreated with sheer impunity for something that is no fault of theirs? For an injustice they did not invite with any of their actions and we, as other youths are sitting down looking without saying anything or even volunteering to protest on their behalf till PMB, the fraudulent NIS board/Ministry of interior and other powers that be will hear us and do the right thing. Permit me to quote HRM Haile Selassie 1, the Emperor of Ethiopia here. He said, ‘throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered, that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

As youths within this forum, please let us eschew all the mockery of the misfortune of our fellow youths ((2000 of them for God’s sake!) and see beyond the fact that you were not appointed, for a larger picture of sheer impunity against these youths of this country. The truth is that the NIS cannot absorb everyone, hence some people must be picked and some dropped. This however does not mean you do not have the right mix of academic qualification or that you may not be qualified in some other ways, or that those appointed were more qualified than you; it only means that certain conditions, which may be implied or even subjective, led to your disqualification. Even in this fact still, it does not mean you are no more; the experience only serves to strengthen you and make you stronger to forge ahead with life and continue to wish yourself luck. Not being appointed does not make you less than what God made you to be and as far as God is concerned, you are good in his sight and he loves you dearly.

Take my case for example, many of you will not believe that I have gone through a good number of federal MDAs recruitment exercise in this country, yet as I speak, I have not been considered for any. However, even in the face of these defeats, I still usually summon the courage to put calls through to many new friends I meet at these recruitment centers and who, in one way or the other, are lucky to be appointed and extend my congratulation to them and then forge ahead with life. I have since realized it doesn’t make me less than who I am and it doesn’t even take my qualifications away. In fact, for the 2014 Abba Moro Youth-Killing NIS recruitment exercise, I was part of the multitude that paid one thousand naira to those fools and when it turned out gory, I intentionally refused to partake in the 2015 exercise when I saw the advert. And with this impunity that I am seeing now; that I was not part of the exercise is not enough to stop or deter me from mobilizing support for these victims to reclaim their right and call our government to order. Thus, I call on fellow youths of this country to please join hands together and buzz these selfish leaders with this unpalatable story of our brothers and sisters wherever they may be and demand the reinstallation of these 2000 appointed youths as announced by the presidential committee in May, 2015. As far as you participated in the exercise when it started, the same fate could have befallen you. Remember that everyone’s probability of selection at the start was equal. Remember also that, an injustice to one is an injustice to all, therefor speak out for your fellow youths who are presently being treated with sheer impunity.

To conclude this piece, let me leave you to ponder with the words of Friedrich Martin Niemoller, whose words are quoted thus: “When the Nazis came for the Communist, I remained silent; I was not a Communist. When they locked up the Social Democrats, I remained silent; I was not a Social Democrat. When they came for the Trade Unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a Trade Unionist. When they came for the Jews, I did not speak out; I was not a Jew. When they came for the Protestants, I was a Protestant, therefore they came for me and there was no one to speak out.

Happy Independence Anniversary.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by skydude(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
Adesan thumbs up
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by zion47: 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
Well done Adesan, A wonderful write up! Keep it up!!!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Arrahdasoul: 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
Well done, Adesan790! Brilliant write up... Something for us all to ponder and act on.
adesan790:
There is perhaps no better time or day other than this beautiful democracy day in our country to make comments on many observations I have noticed on this thread since its creation few months ago. The choice of today is not deliberate; it is just a matter of coincidence but I am also glad I have the opportunity of passing this message across on a day like this, given the significance we all attach to this day in our history.
To start with, I commend the spirit of everyone who has posted on this thread ever since, making it interesting to visit almost every day. Apart from the few times of silence the thread encountered, it has actually served a useful medium of relevant information for all the details of the Immigration Service recruitment for several numbers of uncountable times. To be frank, this thread represented a mini picture of what goes on in the larger Nigerian society and, interestingly, I admired almost all the comments. In fact, there was everything you could imagine and think about without discontent.
Yes, there were abuses and counter abuses; allegations and counter allegations; rumors and counter rumors; advices and counter advices; warnings and counter warnings and a whole lots of forecasts, predictions, speculations and confidents boastings of numerous sorts. All these arguments, exchanges, dialogues, talks, conversations etc. to me were just what gave light and essence to the controversial subject of interest under scrutiny. Right from page zero to the current page, I just could not help laughing about all that have been posted; from the pains and agonies of some to the joys and ecstasies of others etc. I have seen all and certainly do have my observations.
My observations stems from the copious evidences from many of the posts herein and this shows that, there was a great deal of intolerance, misunderstanding and the unwillingness of many to accept that opinions can never be the same on a particular concern. No one is an island of knowledge, hence wherever one’s awareness ends, those of others begin. To those who feel the appointed persons from the recruitment should be recalled, they have their points and those who feel otherwise also have their points. Given the discrepancies in thoughts and opinions of this nature, it therefore becomes a herculean task to put everybody on the same page of agreement. If such task can however be achieved, it won’t come by the wanton attacks and counter attacks that have been witnessed herein all along. The only way to make this happen is to give clear details as to the reason why everyone must be on the same page; a thing which I seek to achieve with this enormous piece.
First and foremost, let me remind all of us that about 1.2million applicants initiated applications when the presidential committee advertised vacancies into various cadres of the NIS. However, only about 677,810 prospective candidates concluded their applications as presented from the summary statistics of the presidential committee. For some of us who are conversant with probability techniques (apologies if you dislike mathematics), let’s go a bit technical here.
1. The probability that anyone would be recruited at that time into the service equals 1/677,810 = 0.0000014753
3. The decision rule for probability values is that If P assumes the value of 0, it implies the event will not occur and if P assumes the value of 1, then it is certain that the event will occur. Thus the nearer the probability values to 0, the lesser the chance of occurrence and vice versa.
From the above analysis, it becomes crystal clear to all of us that everyone’s chance of being selected at the initial stage was virtually none existent because the probability value of 0.0000014753 is approximately 0. However, after the aptitude test was conducted, the chances selection of the remaining candidates improved significantly because of the reduced number of applicants (i.e. the denominator). Now you may want to query the aptitude test results here that how were those who passed the test determined since the results of the test was not released. Well, I actually went on a fact finding mission to unravel this and I was told that only those candidates who scored above a certain benchmark in the test were forwarded to the committee by the testing body.
I queried further that I have listened to so many complaints, especially from graduates who were certain that they choose the right answers in the tests and were confident about their choice, only to find out that their names did not make the list. The response was that, with multiple choice questions, you can never be too certain about your ingenuity. Where you may think you have chosen the right answers, you may be surprised the computer will mark you down, since it’s been pre-programmed to add and deduct according to your selections. So you can see, you may never know where you went wrong.
Let me give you a quick example as regards the above assertion here. One of my neighbors who went for the just concluded NBC aptitude test in Ikeja came home and told me he came across a question in the test which asked about the tallest building in the world and that he choose The Empire State building, New York, USA and was so confident it was the right answer until we Google it only to find out it was some other building in the UAE. Thus to those who were so assured of what they did during the test, you can never tell where it went wrong. Similarly, I have heard some boast of having masters’ degrees; second class upper yet they know of someone with a lower or pass and such was considered above them. Wow! I laugh. Such persons are quick to forget that objective questions are quite tricky. While you may be very good at your academics in school, this does not guarantee you a high mark in multiple choice questions (especially when it is not your day or your area of study or you may be so unlucky that the computer will just be throwing those questions you aren’t really familiar or certain about). In fact, you may sit with a secondary school leaver in an objective test and the latter may come out with higher scores. This does not mean he is more intelligent than you or smarter than you; in fact, in many cases, such a high score could just be a product of guessed options but right answers, while the confident person who is taking his time and thinking before making his choices, is unfortunately, selecting the wrong answers for that matter.
The selection at the state commands during the oral interview and document verification could have been subjective because human factor was already creeping in at this stage. However, judging by the responses from many participants who got the appointment that they do not know anyone before they were shortlisted, you will agree with me that prejudiced choices were minimal, if at all it happened. Reasons are that, many of those people whose names were forwarded by the computer to have passed the test actually never knew nobody at their various states of origin command where the verification was conducted. The reason for this is very simple; a computer does not know who you are. It does not recognize whether you are the Comptroller General’s child or the Interior Minister’s brother. Once you do not meet the cut, it drops you. In essence, since those who went for the verification and interview were unknown bunch of entities, those saddled with the responsibility of selection were compelled to pick according to the performances of the candidates they interviewed.
I also read a particular piece from someone who said he had a master’s degree and was not given the nod. Well, you see, it wasn’t only academic qualifications that were considered. You may have a Ph.D but with a flat foot, broken tooth, tattoo or drawings on your body, not meet the required height and chest measurement, poor health report and unclear speech. Remember that was the first time contacts was established between candidates and NIS officials and since they know what they are looking for, which may be totally different from what you filled into your application, then it becomes very difficult to determine your suitability for the job. You will recall that certain requirements were stated by the presidential committee for candidates to meet if they must be considered for appointments into the service. Let me paint a little scenario for us here. Let us assume there are two individuals: a Nasir el-Rufai, who came out with a first class from his university and a Buhari, who managed to escape with a third class from his Alma Mata. Both were interviewed for a job. The job is para-military in nature and at the end of the day; Mr. Buhari was selected for appointment into the para-military service, while Mr. El-Rufai was sent a regret letter. What do you think could have worked for Mr. Buhari? (I assume everyone on this thread is familiar with these two notable political individuals in our country and have seen the duo together before? If you have not seen them together before, please try to take note of both men on television whenever the opportunity presents itself and this may give you a clue or even an outright answer to the question posed here).
Similarly, the problem of federal/state character even within the state also comes in. Definitely, you do not expect them to pick the few people they need within your state from just your own local government. About 45 persons or thereabout were selected per state at the end of the recruitment process by the presidential committee and going by the fact that we have about 20 and above or less local governments within a state; this implies that just about 2 -3 persons per local government within each state can be selected; so how were you so sure you were the best even within your local government, knowing fully well that all the local government must be fully represented in the state, since it is a federal job and all the entities making up the whole must reflect the characteristics of the bits and pieces of all. And do you know one funny but stupid thing about this federal character nonsense is that, your performance within your local government in relation to those of other candidates in other local governments within your state may be better than those of the best candidates of those other local governments, but because you are unlucky to be grouped in a local government having very bright and genius candidates, who had extremely good performances in your own local government, you are dropped and they (i.e. poor candidates of other local governments) whom you are better off and far out perform during the exercise, are picked. If you then happen to be friends with those candidates from other local governments, and you find out that they were picked and you were dropped, the next thing is you cry foul and continue to discredit the process as being biased and with arbitrary selection rule without knowing the facts. You may even be tempted to accuse other candidates of going through the back door to secure their appointments.
Given all the above however and knowing this country for what it is as regards the problem of corruption, nepotism, rent seeking and pre-bendal politics, which has eaten deep into the fabrics of those saddled with the responsibilities of appointing individuals into federal MDAs, I do understand the numerous reservations and skepticism that many of us have associated with the recent appointments of 2000 Nigerian youths into the NIS. However, you will be surprised to hear that the reason why the NIS board and ministry of interior are so unhappy with the recruitment exercise is because the presidential committee never succumbed to the lobbying and request for slots from these heavily corrupted institutions. The presidential committee insisted everyone must write the test and pass before nominations can be made and since this approach did not favor the NIS board and ministry of interior as they knew their preferred candidates may not scale through the test, and they knew Jonathan was leaving the presidency soonest, they decided to discredit the process. This tells you the selection process was credible and devoid of pre-bendal politics. Let me ask you a question here; what do you think would have happened if the polls had favoured Jonathan? Do you think this deceptive NIS board/Ministry of interior would have raised any excuse about the recruitment process as they are doing now?
Now my problem with this recruitment is not based on whether the recruitment was political or not? Or whether it followed due process or not? My problem is that, the plight, pains, sorrows and troubles of our innocent youths were being used to determine superiority amongst two unserious and shameful entities: the presidential committee as constituted by Jonathan and the NIS board/Ministry of interior. My concern is not about those who were lucky to get the appointments or those who lost out; my concern lies with the state of despondency in which this type of leadership impunity is causing our youths (Recall innocent Patricia). It baffles me to notice that many of us are not considering this matter from that dimension and I just hope and pray that all of us in this forum will see the larger picture of assault, rape and uncanny insensitivity against the innocence of the youths of this country. After robbing us of our money and killing us in a sham recruitment exercise in 2014, the Nigerian government is still mocking 2000 of our youths (2000 youths for God’s sake!) with appointments made into the NIS by a presidential committee in May, 2015 with suspension and cruelty. I hope and I just hope many of us in this forum will see the larger picture of greed and self-aggrandizement in this impunity by the Buhari presidency and the hypocrite NIS board/Ministry of interior.
How can a charlatan NIS board/Ministry of interior say to 2000 able bodied youths at this point in time that the recruitment was illegal when their appointments have already being made and the youths made to pass through a hell of an induction experience. How can you tell them there was no finance to pay them in a country where billions of dollars are fleeced abroad on daily basis? How can you tell them the presidential committee was not righty constituted at this point in time? Who was in the better position to advice president Jonathan during his moment of madness when he wanted to constitute a presidential committee to assist the immigration on a recruitment the whole nation knows is determined by allocated slots to the president’s mother, his wife, the NIS board/Ministry of interior and politicians? Did the youths of this country beg for the exercise to be conducted by their actions/inactions? Why doesn’t the hypocritical NIS board/Ministry of interior just allocate the slots to themselves as usual and save our youths these agonies? At least many of these youths will only hear appointments have been made and some people sent on course in a weird manner as usual and those not appointed will only grumble underneath and that would just be the cost of not having the job to them.
Why? Why? Why? Why is it that we the youths are not seeing this rape and impunity from this point of view but from the point of personal benefits, thus if it does not benefit me then I will mock others who benefitted when they are being slapped, disrobed and maltreated with sheer impunity for something that is no fault of theirs? For an injustice they did not invite with any of their actions and we, as other youths are sitting down looking without saying anything or even volunteering to protest on their behalf till PMB, the fraudulent NIS board/Ministry of interior and other powers that be will hear us and do the right thing. Permit me to quote HRM Haile Selassie 1, the Emperor of Ethiopia here. He said, ‘throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered, that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
As youths within this forum, please let us eschew all the mockery of the misfortune of our fellow youths ((2000 of them for God’s sake!) and see beyond the fact that you were not appointed, for a larger picture of sheer impunity against these youths of this country. The truth is that the NIS cannot absorb everyone, hence some people must be picked and some dropped. This however does not mean you do not have the right mix of academic qualification or that you may not be qualified in some other ways, or that those appointed were more qualified than you; it only means that certain conditions, which may be implied or even subjective, led to your disqualification. Even in this fact still, it does not mean you are no more; the experience only serves to strengthen you and make you stronger to forge ahead with life and continue to wish yourself luck. Not being appointed does not make you less than what God made you to be and as far as God is concerned, you are good in his sight and he loves you dearly.
Take my case for example, many of you will not believe that I have gone through a good number of federal MDAs recruitment exercise in this country, yet as I speak, I have not been considered for any. However, even in the face of these defeats, I still usually summon the courage to put calls through to many new friends I meet at these recruitment centers and who, in one way or the other, are lucky to be appointed and extend my congratulation to them and then forge ahead with life. I have since realized it doesn’t make me less than who I am and it doesn’t even take my qualifications away. In fact, for the 2014 Abba Moro Youth-Killing NIS recruitment exercise, I was part of the multitude that paid one thousand naira to those fools and when it turned out gory, I intentionally refused to partake in the 2015 exercise when I saw the advert. And with this impunity that I am seeing now; that I was not part of the exercise is not enough to stop or deter me from mobilizing support for these victims to reclaim their right and call our government to order. Thus, I call on fellow youths of this country to please join hands together and buzz these selfish leaders with this unpalatable story of our brothers and sisters wherever they may be and demand the reinstallation of these 2000 appointed youths as announced by the presidential committee in May, 2015. As far as you participated in the exercise when it started, the same fate could have befallen you. Remember that everyone’s probability of selection at the start was equal. Remember also that, an injustice to one is an injustice to all, therefor speak out for your fellow youths who are presently being treated with sheer impunity.
To conclude this piece, let me leave you to ponder with the words of Friedrich Martin Niemoller, whose words are quoted thus: “When the Nazis came for the Communist, I remained silent; I was not a Communist. When they locked up the Social Democrats, I remained silent; I was not a Social Democrat. When they came for the Trade Unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a Trade Unionist. When they came for the Jews, I did not speak out; I was not a Jew. When they came for the Protestants, I was a Protestant, therefore they came for me and there was no one to speak out.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by dickoflife(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
The writer has my highest regards and I totally agree. The problem is when we try to assess issues objectively the basic nigerian factor of name calling and insults . How then can we resolve?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by idris4r83(m): 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
adesan790:

u r indeed a genius with a great heart. May almighty God bless you with a job better than immigration in 100 folds. If nigerian youths can reason the way you expressed your feelings we would have long gone more than this. Thanx one more time for this piece.one love
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Seun360(m): 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
adesan790:

Just wow
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by jimikata(m): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2015
You people should have typed ur messages without quoting the lengthy write up. You're just messing the whole thread up with that quote.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by dickoflife(m): 9:15am On Oct 02, 2015
skydude:
Dick agreed my typo are unquestionable, but u mentioned u wey a black am sure nw u are a white,
I am black to the bone my dear friend.. If you call it rants na you sabi all I know is you are opposed to me because I have a contrary opinion does that really put your thinking faculty on a high pedestal? Pele tie o..... You don't even know the difference between questionable and unquestionable... Your naïve bro.. Wake up Buhari is now the President.. APC!!! Chanhe...
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by dickoflife(m): 9:16am On Oct 02, 2015
skydude:
I am black to the bone my dear friend.. If you call it rants na you sabi all I know is you are opposed to me because I have a contrary opinion does that really put your thinking faculty on a high pedestal? Pele tie o..... You don't even know the difference between questionable and unquestionable... Your naïve bro.. Wake up Buhari is now the President.. APC!!! Change...
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by MimiHANS(m): 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
@Adesan...

Thanks for the selfless and breath-taking write-up
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Philipsdael(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2015
adesan790:

Apart from your good grammatical construct, your perception shows how matured and experienced you are.... I doff my hat in respect to your explicit and comprehensive analysis.
Wow, you're an uncrown genius and in a space of no time, you will be crowned with a better and a befitting post. People of your intellect and perception are rare to find.
Your quotes are awesome as it always drives in greater meaning. ( You are an Eye-opener)
Once more, I doff my hat !!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by idris4r83(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2015
With this ministerial nominees i wonder where the apc change will come into play. Since the inception of this government they have not created a single job to the youths. The ministerial nominees are bunch of old thieves that have once milked their states dry. No single youth in the cabinet.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Philipsdael(m): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oh God , pls don't let Lai Lai Mohammed to be the minister of Interior.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by idris4r83(m): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
Philipsdael:
Amen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by kelesty: 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
its wortghy to note that the truth can still be said clearly without insults. my frnd ur a rear gem and i tell you ur crown awaits you. i too have applied and written so many FG Jobs some i was not even shortlisted but then i kept on pressing harder and am still pressing.
Yes to God be the glory i was appointed by NIS after PTDF, NLNG, NNPC, NDDC and FAAN (that did not even invite me, yet i studied transport). one point that have kept me going and still keeps me going is knowing that i was or not selected is not because i did better or worst but because other favourable and unfavourable factors worked yet i know i must keep on improving.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Rogersmith(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Philipsdael:
Lol....He may most likely head ministry of information.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by stemichnaa(f): 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Philipsdael:
you just said it lai mohammed is out for Abaa Moro interior is his target,his the brain box over the cancelation of this recruitment,he started it even b4 APC took over power.just watch and see.If it was this same old thieves that PMB wanted to give us then I tell him it was just a waste of time,the time wasting was not worth it.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by jimikata(m): 7:13am On Oct 09, 2015
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/families-of-immigration-stampede-victims-protest-in-abuja/114138.html. Protest over and over again yet no visible results, i think it's high time the youth wake up from their slumber.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Philipsdael(m): 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
stemichnaa:
you just said it lai mohammed is out for Abaa Moro interior is his target,his the brain box over the cancelation of this recruitment,he started it even b4 APC took over power.just watch and see.If it was this same old thieves that PMB wanted to give us then I tell him it was just a waste of time,the time wasting was not worth it.
Speculated Ministerial Portfolios from Vanguard
Chris Ngige – Anambra (Health)
Kayode Fayemi – Ekiti (Foreign Affairs)
Rotimi Amaechi – Rivers (Ministry of Niger Delta
Babatunde Fashola – Lagos (FCT)
Abdulrahman Danbazau (Defence)
Aisha Alhassan – Taraba (Women Affairs)
Ogbonaya Onu – Abia (Science and Technology)
Kemi Adeosun – Ogun (Trade and Investment)
Abubakar Malami (SAN) – Kebbi (Justice)
Sen Hadi Sirika – Katsina (Aviation)
Barr. Adebayo Shittu – Oyo (Works)
Suleiman Adam – Jigawa (Labour and Productivity)
Solomon Dalong – Plateau (Interior)
Ibe Kachikwu – Delta (Petroleum and natural resources)
Osagie Ehanire – Edo (Water Resources and Solid
Minerals)
Audu Ogbeh – Benue (Agriculture)
Lai Mohammed – Kwara (Information and
Communication)
Ahmed Isa Ibeto – Niger (Transportation)’
Amina Mohammed – Kaduna (Finance)
Udoma Udoma – Akwa Ibom (Culture and Tourism).
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/ministerial-list-see-speculated-portfolios-of-ministers/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Philipsdael(m): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
With Solomon Dalong as the interior minister.
walahi, the omen seems very good.
Abba Moro and his coalition forces have been defeated.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Valmesk(m): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Philipsdael:

Speculated Ministerial Portfolios from Vanguard
Chris Ngige – Anambra (Health)
Kayode Fayemi – Ekiti (Foreign Affairs)
Rotimi Amaechi – Rivers (Ministry of Niger Delta
Babatunde Fashola – Lagos (FCT)
Abdulrahman Danbazau (Defence)
Aisha Alhassan – Taraba (Women Affairs)
Ogbonaya Onu – Abia (Science and Technology)
Kemi Adeosun – Ogun (Trade and Investment)
Abubakar Malami (SAN) – Kebbi (Justice)
Sen Hadi Sirika – Katsina (Aviation)
Barr. Adebayo Shittu – Oyo (Works)
Suleiman Adam – Jigawa (Labour and Productivity)
Solomon Dalong – Plateau (Interior)
Ibe Kachikwu – Delta (Petroleum and natural resources)
Osagie Ehanire – Edo (Water Resources and Solid
Minerals)
Audu Ogbeh – Benue (Agriculture)
Lai Mohammed – Kwara (Information and
Communication)
Ahmed Isa Ibeto – Niger (Transportation)’
Amina Mohammed – Kaduna (Finance)
Udoma Udoma – Akwa Ibom (Culture and Tourism).
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/ministerial-list-see-speculated-portfolios-of-ministers/
Ogbonnaya onu is from Ebonyi State.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Philipsdael(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Valmesk:
Ogbonnaya onu is from Ebonyi State.
Yeah, but I heard, he has governed Abia state in past
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by adesan790: 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
…….. …...At last, justice may just be on the way for our brothers and sisters! GOD-WIN!

FROM THE NATIONAL MIRROR NEWSPAPER
(http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nis-recruitment-reps-carpet-bagaji/):

NIS RECRUITMENT: REPS CARPET BAGAJI

…order deployment of employees

House of Representatives Ad-hoc Committee on the Nigeria Immigration Service, NIS recruitment stampede yesterday, knocked the permanent secretary of the ministry of interior, Abubakar Bagaji, for saying that the employment letters wielded by next of kins of those who died in the nis stampede in 2014, were ceremonial letters.

The Committee went further to recommend that those involved be deployed with immediate effect by the NIS, having lawfully secured their employment into the service. The hearing by the committee followed a protest and petition to the National Assembly by the affected persons, which led to the setting up of the ad-hoc committee by the House to probe the matter with a view to letting it to rest.

Minority Leader, Leo Ogor, had informed the team from Ministry of Interior led by the Permanent Secreatary that the petitioners, who were young Nigerians that lost their loved ones in that failed exercise, were duly issued employment letters, but were disregarded by the ministry. The committee chairman and house leader, Femi Gbajabiamila, had expressed deep annoyance at the flagrant disrespect and disobedience to the order by president of the federal republic, who directed that at least three persons each, including a female, from the families of those who lost their lives, as well as all those injured during the exercise be given immediate and automatic employment into the NIS.

However, the Permanent Secretary, PS, who said that he directed the issuance of the employment letters, said he could not implement it because he was suspecting the legality of the Presidential Committee that directed their employment. Consequently, the Committee, which informed him that the President’s directives in the terms of reference given to the presidential committee that was headed by chairman, civil service commission, were very unambiguous and should be obeyed to the letter. The interior permanent secretary was therefore advised to go ahead and ensure that all those duly employed by the nis and the board of fire service, civil defence, prisons and immigration, are called and deployed, as well as every other beneficiary in this category.

Following the embarrassment from that failed recruitment, former President Goodluck Jonathan had directed that these categories of applicants be compensated with that employment to cushion the effect of the stampede on their families, but this was sabotaged along the way leading to series of protests.

MY TAKE

I am not really sure if those appointed by the presidential committee in May, 2015 are included in this order that was given to the CDFIPB/Ministry of Interior. Though the content is clear and is suggestive that they were also captured by this directive. However, let us assume they are not included, I believe many of our youths affected by this NIS appointment are a bit passive and not ready to take their own destinies into their hands. When I confronted a group of them way back in September 2015, to form a team that will engage in a peaceful but massive protest to the National Assembly over this matter, they told me they are waiting for a substantive minister to be appointed and that is the reason why they have not protested this impunity. Now, I just hope they will and have learnt from the victims of the tragedy, who have gone to the National Assembly to forcefully obtain their rights as reported by almost all news dailies yesterday 13th October, 2015.

LESSONS LEARNT

Did the recruitment tragedy victims waited for a minister? The answer is no.

What did they do? They took a bold step and reached out to those who have the powers to solve their problems.

Were they castigated? The answer is no.

What did they get? They got their appointment through a point blank directive to those self-seeking and greedy interior ministry.

Is the ministry ready to recall those appointed? The answer is, their responses and body languages do not suggest so. The news dailies that captured insinuations that seems to suggest everyone that has to do with the recruitment will the included in the order given by the House of Representative, led by Hon Femi Gbajabiamila, are The Natioanl Mirror and The Sun Newspapers whose content is already pasted here. Reports from the other dailies suggest only the victims were being directly referred to and will be absorbed. In fact, the house had to force those old chumps in that board/ministry them to compensate the protesters.

WAY FORWARD FOR THOSE APPOINTED

The more the delay in staging a peaceful protest at the National Assembly, the more the matter keeps dragging. One thing I found funny during the heated exchange between the house and the CDFIPB/Ministry of Interior was that:

1. The house was not even aware that those clowns at the CDFIPB/Ministry of Interior have not even carried out the order of the President concerning the victim.

2. Those teacups of a CDFIPB/Ministry of Interior had the guts to say a presidential pronouncement had no substantive authority to back it up and

3. That they only heard the directive on television and radio etc. and therefore, were not informed and hence, will cannot carry out the presidential order.

ADVICE TO THE AFFECTED APPOINTEES

My advice to those youths affected out there is that, once you wait for about a week from the date of this directive (for clarity, the directive was given on the 13th October, 2015) or at most, the end of this month (October) and you all are not recalled; then it is time you all called yourselves together and took a protest to the National Assembly (I will be ready to follow in the lead if I am contacted). Who knows our representatives may not be aware of this blatant disregard and impunity against your lawfully given job as they opined on Tuesday 13th October, 2015. And even if they are aware, there is still the need for a protest to make the world know what the Nigerian government is doing to you all so that the necessary authority can take action as we have all seen in the case of the affected victims of the recruitment tragedy (This option will only be viable if you are not recalled).

SEE THE VERSION FROM SUN NEWS ONLINE
(http://sunnewsonline.com/new/immigration-stampede-why-we-shunned-jonathans-directive-nis/)

Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Interior, Abubakar Magaji yesterday revealed why a directive from former president, Goodluck Jonathan on employment of 176 persons selected by the Special Presidential Committee on the Immigration Recruitment was ignored.

Magaji described the presentation of employment letters by Jonathan as symbolic just as he stressed that he approved the issuance of the letters of employment by the board even without meeting laid down procedures in order not to embarrass the president.

Magaji made the disclosure when he appeared before the House of Representatives ad-hoc Committee on Victims of Nigeria Immigration Service stampede.

The permanent secretary accused the presidential committee of not involving the Interior ministry as well as unilaterally directing the CFIPSB to issue employment letters. He also stated that the ministry did not have funds to pay the wages of 176 beneficiaries and another 2,000 applicants employed earlier in the year by the NIS as funding for their salaries was not included in the ministry’s 2014 budget.

Obviously dissatisfied by the explanation from the permanent secretary, members of the committee took turns to condemn the failure of the ministry, the NIS and the CFIPSB to have fully settled beneficiaries.

Last Thursday, the House of Representatives set up a three-man committee comprising Majority Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila, Minority Leader, Leo Ogor and Aminu Shagari (Sokoto APC) following protests by families of the victims at the National Assembly.

The protesters had said the pledge by President Jonathan to employ three persons from the families of the deceased, and to give automatic employment to those who were injured was yet to be fulfilled.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Yksoul(m): 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
CONCERNING GIVING THE MEMBERS OF THE VICTIMS' FAMILIES NIS JOBS,THERE WAS NO PROPER DOCUMENTATION OF DIRECTIVES SENT TO NIS TO OFFER THE VICTIMS OF THE ILL-FATED RECRUITMENT JOBS.WAY FORWARD:NO RECRUITMENT MUST COME FROM NIS OR NPS OR NSCDC OR FFS ONLY BUT ALSO ALL THE CDFIPB SERVICE THAT IS THERE SHD BE RECRUITMENT IN NIS,NSCDC,NPS AND FFS WHY? BECAUSE THEY REPRESENT CDFIPB AND ALL MUST BE CARRIED ALONG.WHAT IS GUD FOR NIS IS GOOD FOR NSCDC
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Adet5(m): 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
will this directive affect the 2015 new intake pls any one should clarify this
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Roseey0(f): 3:29am On Oct 15, 2015
It will only affect you when you wake up from slumber and take your matter to the right channel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (Reply)

OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria / SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 222
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.