Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos (4935 Views)

Senator Ben Murray-Bruce Reply To Ambode / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Jimi Agbaje Lost To Ambode In His Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
egift:

Please read through the comments above, this time slowly, if you still can't find a reason to vote Ambode instead Agbaje, then repeat your question. And if you need to know Ambodes plan for Lagos, he has a comprehensive Manifesto on his website. Cheers!

I assume you've also read the thread slowly.

Please, tell us what ambode has done with his 27 years experience and what benefit the average citizen has gotten from it.
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by bchpeter: 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode has the required experience to lead Lagos... leadership is all we need
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Sooroptimist1: 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dominiquez:

[s]You have a problem my friend a serious one, do you know what it takes to sustain a business in our harsh environment? Starting a business here is not the problem but sustaining it and watch it grow after years.

To contest an election in Nigeria is very expensive and JK have financed his previous election from the proceed of this his so called chemist business and yet it never caused him business setback.

egift I have opened a business in this country and I can tell you how difficult and expensive it is to wade off competition from major players in that sector and high overhead cost and survive.

You don't have point on this against JK because Richard Branson with all his success in Europe,asia and American markets he could not survive in Nigeria.

And you cannot compare Bode George with Tinubu in any area on who is the master as per corruption.

Let's give JIMI a chance[/s].

Give Jimi a chance to do what?

It seems you just comment out of sentiments

I laugh at that part where you said Jimi financed his campaign out of his pocket..........please always stick with what you know

From time immemorial PDP had always financed most of these mushroom party including the DPA under which Jimi contested then

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Sooroptimist1: 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
googlepikin:
[s]I was on a bike yesterday and the Abokii guy asked me who did I vote for, buhari or GEJ , I said buhari. I asked him who is he going to vote for in Lagos governorship election, he said all okada association and northerners have had a meeting that they can't be deceive by APC for the third time. that they have agreed to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. it's amazing that Lagos state presidential vote was 700 and something to 600 and something thousand mind you half of those who voted for buhari have plans to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. So imagine the North, SS and SE voting for JIMI AGBAJE in dis kinda free and fair elections, then I'm sorry for tinubu , fashola and co. there will be shock in Lagos state in few days time.1,000,000 vote for JIMI AGBAJE dis coming election. am pleading to all Northerners , southerners and Easterners to come out in our millions to vote for the rightful man for Lagos state. let's all vote for JIMI AGBAJE because he's the right man. LIKE IF YOU WILL VOTE FOR JIMI AGBAJE and share if you will vote for ambode[/s].

Carry this your silly lies go front
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by chamboy(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Many Problems I have with JIMI Agbaje.
Mr Jimi Agbaje being an health Professional doesn't see the Medical Hazard that Okoda caused over the years, only for him to support bringing back of Okoda riders to our highway. It's a shame
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by chamboy(m): 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jimi Agbaje is too ignorant for my liking..
"Lagos is not Working"- Jimi Agbaje on Sunrise, ChannelsTV
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
chamboy:
Many Problems in have with JIMI Agbaje.
Mr Jimi Agbaje being an health Professional doesn't see the Medical Hazard that Okoda caused over the years, only for him to support bringing back of Okoda riders to our highway. It's a shame

Where did you get this from?
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by shewenzy: 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Fashola To Ambode grin CORREECT!!!!! That's what we want in Lagos state and nothing us, Fashola during his time, he gave us everything and he kept everything in place and made use of his governoship post well, this is to say that Ambode will continue with the good work that Fashola as started.
Lets give this man a chance to rule Lagos and progress will be the order of the day, we need continuity in lagos State and the only person that can give us ths contuinity and progress is Akinwunmi Ambode
#votewisely
Vote APC

#Ambode2015
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by chamboy(m): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
The Only thing he preaches is Anti-tinubu
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by chamboy(m): 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
rationalmind:

Where did you get this from?
One of his Campaigns, He promised to bring back Okoda
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Theofficialseun: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
YES!!!! That's the code Fashola to the Great Ambode, if not Ambode then no one else, cus these are the people that knows where we are coming from and where we are going(APC) any other party will just come and decieve us and ch*p our moniiiiiiiii
so vote wisely
Vote APC
Vote Akinwunmi Ambode as Governor of Lagos state.
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by AbetterLagos: 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ambode because of his vast experience over the years, especially that which he amassed during his tenure as the Accountant General of Lagos State in my opinion is better placed than any other gubernatorial candidate to lead Lagos State to greater6
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
chamboy:
Jimi Agbaje is too ignorant for my liking..
"Lagos is not Working"- Jimi Agbaje on Sunrise, ChannelsTV

The result of Mr. Fashola’s efforts still puts Lagos as the 137th of 140 cities listed in the liveability index by the ranking of the Economic intelligence Unit (EIU). This means that if you take 140 cities worldwide where people consider good to live in, Lagos is the fourth worst place to live in. Apart from this, a World Bank survey shows that of the 36 states in Nigeria, Lagos is still the worst state in terms of the ease of securing Building Permits. It is still on record too that the party Fashola represents has delivered less than 5,000 units till date. It is still on record that more students in Lagos fail WAEC than those who pass.
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by AbetterLagos: 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ambode because of his vast experience over the years, especially that which he amassed during his tenure as the Accountant General of Lagos State in my opinion is better placed than any other gubernatorial candidate to lead Lagos State to greater heights. Vote wisely my people.

EKO O NI BAJE.
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
chamboy:
One of his Campaigns, He promised to bring back Okoda

Stop peddling lies bro.

Is it true that you plan to bring back Okada riders to the roads?

I never said that. I said this government has not handled the Okada issue properly. I am on record to say that at the level of our development today in Lagos, we cannot throw away Okada, because if you go to all parts of Lagos, the roads are not there and there is no transportation, so to that extent, Okada remains something that we cannot do away with. Having said that, we have to work with them in a way that they are not a threat. What I have against the present government is the way it handled the issue. There is a lot of arrogance, a lot of conservatism that I talked about, rather than progressivism. Even in the party that the government of Lagos belongs, there are states that banned Okada but gave the commercial motorcyclists alternatives. They made arrangements to get taxis and things like that for them, which is the way to be progressive but our own government didn’t do that. Our own government just asked them to go to hell; that once they had nothing to do, they could go to hell.

http://www.punchng.com/news/gov-fashola-lied-against-me-on-the-altar-of-politics-agbaje-lagos-pdp-governorship-candidate/
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
AbetterLagos:
Ambode because of his vast experience over the years, especially that which he amassed during his tenure as the Accountant General of Lagos State in my opinion is better placed than any other gubernatorial candidate to lead Lagos State to greater heights. Vote wisely my people.

EKO O NI BAJE.

Hey robot,

What did he use the experience to achieve and how exactly did you benefit from his experience as the accountant general of the state?
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by chamboy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
chamboy:
don't show me silly Written propanganda on newspaper..

Like I did say earlier, most of the people campaigning for ambode are dullards and this guy just proved me right.

So, where is your evidence Agbaje said so? Were you at the campaign ground when he said it?

What a dolt.
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by chamboy(m): 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Op facts Y JK would lose Lagos Gubernatorial Election.
1. Yorubas are more than other ethnic groups in Lagos, d party Pdp is like a taboo to the west. So expect 80% of yorubas to vote for Ambode.
2. Most Non-Yorubas in Lagos are kinda less motivated due to the loss of GEJ in the Presidential so expect a low turn out in their part, Am sure u knw most JK's Supporters are Ndigbo Community of lagos
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by chamboy(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
rationalmind:

Like I did say earlier, most of the people campaigning for ambode are dullards and this guy just proved me right.

So, where is your evidence Agbaje said so? Were you at the campaign ground when he said it?

What a dolt.
don't Call any body a dullard for not accepting ur Lies.
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by usbcable(m): 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
rationalmind:

Why are you guys making this about agbaje on a thread that's supposed to highlight the achievements of ambode and why he deserves our vote.

It's not enough to say the finances and revenue of lagos state has grown. You should please tell us what direct impact ambode had on the growth of the finance and revenue.

You should please tell us those policies that increased revenue were ambodes's idea.

You guys brought Agbaje into the picture.
The Op Was alluding to transitioning from fashola to Ambode
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by usbcable(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
rationalmind:

I assume you've also read the thread slowly.

Please, tell us what ambode has done with his 27 years experience and what benefit the average citizen has gotten from it.

Ambode has been part and parcel and a core member of the government's of Fashola that has positively impacted the lives of Lagosians.

What impact has your JK had in Nigeria?
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
usbcable:

You guys brought Agbaje into the picture.
The Op Was alluding to transitioning from fashola to Ambode

You obviously didn't read the OP

Akinwunmi Ambode has the required experience to lead Lagos, JK is just a Chemist with no leadership skills, except talking smooth.
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
usbcable:

Ambode has been part and parcel and a core member of the government's of Fashola that has positively impacted the lives of Lagosians.

What impact has your JK had in Nigeria?

Tell us Ambode' s personal achievements in 27 years of service.

The fact you've chosen to dwell on JK rather than tell us what ambode has done speaks volumes.
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by usbcable(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
rationalmind:

Tell us Ambode' s personal achievements in 27 years of service.

The fact you've chosen to dwell on JK rather than tell us what ambode has done speaks volumes.
see below for example. This is from his profile page.

I was appointed acting Auditor-General for Local Government in
2000 and became the youngest ever Auditor-General for Local
Government in Lagos State.
• I was appointed Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance in
January 2005 and in February, 2006, was given the additional
responsibility of Accountant-General of Lagos State.
• I was the youngest Permanent Secretary in service and only
the second person to hold both positions of Permanent
Secretary and Accountant-General at the same time.
• Under my watch, the State Treasury Office revolutionized the
way Lagos State finances were raised, budgeted, managed and
planned resulting in the state’s budget performing at an average
of 85% annually.
• I ensured payment of civil service staff salaries before the end
of the month, payment of running cost by 1st week of each
month and introduced end of the year
package and special/specific welfare for staff.
• I launched the e-payment platform for the monthly staff salaries
• I renovated the State Treasury Office, created a conducive
working environment, introduced a corporate dress code and
provided laptops for all Directors
• I Introduced prompt payment of gratuity and pension arrears of
the State Universal
Basic Education Board and Local Government old pensioners.
• I introduced regular technical meetings with the Directors of
Accounts in all MDAs, facilitated the sponsorship, by the State
Governor, of over 1000 accountants to the Annual accountants'
Conference in Abuja and initiated the annual retreat for Heads of
Accountants as well as Local and International training for staff.
• I co-organised the first ever National Tax Retreat in association
with the Joint Tax
Board/Federal Inland Revenue Service in 2005.
• I chaired the Technical Committee that produced the Lagos
State Economic
Empowerment Development Strategy (SEEDS) document.
• I led the audit teams as the Auditor-General in the office of
Auditor-General for Local Government to clear and publish the
arrears of statutory audits of 1995 to 2004 within 12months.
• I am a scholar, accountant, administrator, an astute leader with
strong emotional intelligence, i am an alumnus of Wharton
Business School and also attended courses at Cranfield School
of Management, Cranfield, England; the Institute of Management
Development, Lausanne, Switzerland; INSEAD, Singapore and
the Harvard Kennedy
School of Government, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
• I retired voluntarily from public service in August, 2012; the
first ever recorded voluntary retirement by a Permanent Secretary
in the Lagos State Public Service.
• I established Brandsmiths Consulting Limited in 2012 and the
company is today consulting for Federal, State and Local
Governments on the transition to the new International Public
Service Accounting System and other financial advisory services.

NOW SHOW US THAT OF YOUR CANDIDATE AND LETS COMPARE
Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by usbcable(m): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
rationalmind:

Why are you guys making this about agbaje on a thread that's supposed to highlight the achievements of ambode and why he deserves our vote.

It's not enough to say the finances and revenue of lagos state has grown. You should please tell us what direct impact ambode had on the growth of the finance and revenue.

You should please tell us those policies that increased revenue were ambodes's idea.

I WILL GLADLY REPEAT THIS FOR YOU TO READ.

I was appointed acting Auditor-General for Local Government in
2000 and became the youngest ever Auditor-General for Local
Government in Lagos State.
• I was appointed Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance in
January 2005 and in February, 2006, was given the additional
responsibility of Accountant-General of Lagos State.
• I was the youngest Permanent Secretary in service and only
the second person to hold both positions of Permanent
Secretary and Accountant-General at the same time.
• Under my watch, the State Treasury Office revolutionized the
way Lagos State finances were raised, budgeted, managed and
planned resulting in the state’s budget performing at an average
of 85% annually.
• I ensured payment of civil service staff salaries before the end
of the month, payment of running cost by 1st week of each
month and introduced end of the year
package and special/specific welfare for staff.
• I launched the e-payment platform for the monthly staff salaries
• I renovated the State Treasury Office, created a conducive
working environment, introduced a corporate dress code and
provided laptops for all Directors
• I Introduced prompt payment of gratuity and pension arrears of
the State Universal
Basic Education Board and Local Government old pensioners.
• I introduced regular technical meetings with the Directors of
Accounts in all MDAs, facilitated the sponsorship, by the State
Governor, of over 1000 accountants to the Annual accountants'
Conference in Abuja and initiated the annual retreat for Heads of
Accountants as well as Local and International training for staff.
• I co-organised the first ever National Tax Retreat in association
with the Joint Tax
Board/Federal Inland Revenue Service in 2005.
• I chaired the Technical Committee that produced the Lagos
State Economic
Empowerment Development Strategy (SEEDS) document.
• I led the audit teams as the Auditor-General in the office of
Auditor-General for Local Government to clear and publish the
arrears of statutory audits of 1995 to 2004 within 12months.
• I am a scholar, accountant, administrator, an astute leader with
strong emotional intelligence, i am an alumnus of Wharton
Business School and also attended courses at Cranfield School
of Management, Cranfield, England; the Institute of Management
Development, Lausanne, Switzerland; INSEAD, Singapore and
the Harvard Kennedy
School of Government, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
• I retired voluntarily from public service in August, 2012; the
first ever recorded voluntary retirement by a Permanent Secretary
in the Lagos State Public Service.
• I established Brandsmiths Consulting Limited in 2012 and the
company is today consulting for Federal, State and Local
Governments on the transition to the new International Public
Service Accounting System and other financial advisory services.

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Ambode: The Change We Need In Lagos by egift(m): 7:43am On Apr 12, 2015
A big Congretulations to Ambode and Lagosians for giving us the Change we need in Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southwest States Begin Exploration Of Solid Minerals / See What An Ondo Indigene Posted After APC Was Declared Winner Today(pics). / Atiku Moves To Contest For President In 2023, Makes 18 Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.