Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,925 members, 7,799,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles (17772 Views)

Videos: The Five Various Types Of Free-kick Scored By Lionel Messi In His Career / WC Q 2018: $10,000 For Every Unreplied Goal Scored By Super Eagles / Even With 3 Moses In The Super Eagles: Hilarious Reaction About Loss To Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Herald47: 8:40am On Apr 04, 2015
Raiders:
Sunday Oliseh world cup goal against Spain in 1998. Its one of the best goal in France 98
that's one of the greatest shot in the history of football,i think it's only zlatan ibrahimovic that broke that record
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Herald47: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2015
bastien:
Sunday oliseh against Spain,that back to sender na real one
it's against italy and not spain
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2015
alienvirus:
Guys abeg free una selves.

Il ignore that troll
Thanks
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 04, 2015
Herald47:
it's against italy and not spain
It's Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtTnQ6ZgAdc

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by naptu2: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by alienvirus: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Il ignore that troll
Thanks
Thanks sir.
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2015
Tough call but it will have to be one of these lot

Jay Jay's goal against Cameroon in the finals of the nations cup in 2000
Amokhachi's goal against Greece in USA 94 ( almost 30 yards out )
Jay Jay's goal at a qualifying match in Lagos , it was a a curving free kick sending the keeper to the left while the ball went to the right
Yekini's goal from a corner kick , also a qualifying match
Ben Iroha's goal against Ivory coast at Tunisia 94
Osazie's goal against South Africa

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by kolawoletimmy: 8:46am On Apr 04, 2015
rashidi yekini goal

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 04, 2015
alienvirus:
Thanks sir.
smiley
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:
Tough call but it will have to be one of these lot

Jay Jay's goal against Cameroon in the finals of the nations cup in 2000
Amokhachi's goal against Greece in USA 94 ( almost 30 yards out )
Jay Jay's goal at a qualifying match in Lagos , it was a a curving free kick sending the keeper to the left while the ball went to the right
Yekini's goal from a corner kick , also a qualifying match
Ben Iroha's goal against Ivory coast at Tunisia 94
Osazie's goal against South Africa

Op said 'BEST'
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 04, 2015
Andrew3:

Abeg help me ride my own naa grin grin

U wan die abi? undecided
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 04, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Weyrey. Omo jati jati. Alainironu. Oponu. Ode. Oloshi.

tongue

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by alienvirus: 8:49am On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by UnknownT: 8:50am On Apr 04, 2015
Post said super eagles but i remember the goal Taye Taiwo scored against Ukraine in U-20 World Cup in Netherlands in 2005. His attempt to cross the ball with his weak foot resulted to a goal

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 04, 2015
searching...

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Herald47: 8:50am On Apr 04, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

It's Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtTnQ6ZgAdc
oh i remembered,am sorry though
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by jahlove4jah: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2015
ferociouz:
In recent times, Nigerians have been disappointed with the performances of the Super Eagles. Many reasons have been attributed to the poor performances of the team such as not having good players, lack of good tactics and techniques on the side of the coaching crew, administrative ineptitude, etc.

Let's take our minds of all these issues and try to think of the best goal ever scored by the Super Eagles. For me, it'd be that scorcher of a goal scored by Sunday Oliseh in a group stage match at France'98 against Spain. Andoni Zubizaretta never saw it coming!

Feel free to add yours.
That thunderous shot by oliseh from outside box that gave Nigeria 3:2 victory over Spain will always be fresh in my memory.
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2015
Herald47:
oh i remembered,am sorry though
wink
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by ipunchbitches(m): 8:52am On Apr 04, 2015
Joseph yobo's sexy goal against France

Apere oshi
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by donbenie(m): 8:54am On Apr 04, 2015
Agaghowa's goal against Sweden 2002 wCup, his equalizer against Senegal AFCON 2000,Oliseh's WCup goal,Utaka against Cameron,Amunike against Greece 94..
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 04, 2015
ipunchbitches:
Joseph yobo's sexy goal against France

Apere oshi
cheesy grin grin
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Op said 'BEST'

And I said it would have to be one of the lot
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by MduZA: 8:58am On Apr 04, 2015
[left][/left]Sunday olesey 98 world cup
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by ammyluv2002(f): 8:59am On Apr 04, 2015
bastien:
na 2014 u start to dey watch ball?
Yes undecided
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by seankay(m): 8:59am On Apr 04, 2015
Osaze's second goal against SA in the 2004 AFCON
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by xtervaganza(m): 8:59am On Apr 04, 2015
Saklekplus:

Am very sure that u must be indomie generation,,,

KANU NWANKWO golden goal against Brazil in atlanta 96
old man, calm down, it's not about age or when the goal was scored. It's about the beauty of the goal scored and Musa's goal was a piler
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2015
ferociouz:
In recent times, Nigerians have been disappointed with the performances of the Super Eagles. Many reasons have been attributed to the poor performances of the team such as not having good players, lack of good tactics and techniques on the side of the coaching crew, administrative ineptitude, etc.

Let's take our minds of all these issues and try to think of the best goal ever scored by the Super Eagles. For me, it'd be that scorcher of a goal scored by Sunday Oliseh in a group stage match at France'98 against Spain. Andoni Zubizaretta never saw it coming!

Feel free to add yours.
Julius Aghaowa's winning goal against Senegal in the quarter final match of the year 2000 AFCON.
Nigeria came from behind to win the match 2-1.
Aghaowa dribbled almost all the Senegalese players in the box 18 before sending both ball and keeper to different direction
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by axeman10(m): 9:01am On Apr 04, 2015
naptu2:
Nigeria vs South Africa (October 1992). Yekini receives a very high pass from Samson Siasia. It seems too high, but Yekini controls it and fires a shot past the keeper.

Nigeria vs Cameroon (Maroc 1988). Samuel Okwaraji's incredible shot.

Those two goals top it for me. For the first one...you didn't mention how Siasia controlled and brought the ball down calmly in the air from a Keshi long pass from the defence. That was really sweet!

Okwaraji's 1st minute goal against Cameroun was also fantastic.

Siasia's goal against Argentina, Amokachi and Finidi's against Greece, Kanu's 2goals against Brazil at Atlanta, Oliseh's screamer against Spain in France 98, then Amuneke's header against Bulgaria at USA 94.

So many beautiful goals to freshen the mind.

Lastly, an icing on the cake...Nigeria's goal against Tunisia to qualify us for our first world cup. That was a top class Finidi goal.

The goals that were not to be : Yekini's volley against Egypt at Tunisia 94 and his scissors kick against Spain at France 98. Sweet memories!

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:

And I said it would have to be one of the lot
My bad
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 04, 2015
Yekini's strike against Egypt in Tunisia 94 would have been the best goal ever from Nigeria if it hadn't hit the crossbar.

A magical pass from Jay jay to Yekini was all Yekini needed , he made 3 touches without the ball hitting the ground , controlled down with the chest , down to his knee and WOZA!!! a blinding shot. The ball hit the crossbar and shook it seriously , the keeper was awed by the power in the shot , it was also from like 25 yards out

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores On Her Debut Match As Arsenal Ladies Win / NFF Crisis: Dalung Insists On Supreme Court Judgement / Lionel Messi Scores 800th Career Goal In Argentina Win Over Panama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.