Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. - Career (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. (74976 Views)

How Should I Respond To My Boss Who Fired Me Via Email? / My Boss Asked Me To Go Back To School. Before I Slip Into Depression, Help Me. / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
all4naija:
No, you are supposed to be intelligent from a civilized perspective. Many of you use too much emotions to address issues. Feminists by hearts aren't reasonable enough to understand they are going too far with some of their views when they are not necessarily required of them.

I'm going to ignore that statement.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mandu94:

I'm going to ignore that statement.
Why did you have to do that? You are doing what you accused men of here. Can't you see you are guilty as well?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
@ Mnadu94

Do you mean you can't relate with me on the same level? So much for gender equality. You aren't doing feminism any good with such strict attitude. This is what we are talking about.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
all4naija:
No, you are supposed to be intelligent from a civilized perspective. Many of you use too much emotions to address issues. Feminists by heart aren't reasonable enough to understand they are going too far with some of their views when they are not necessarily required of them.
"Don't try to go personal with me. Firstly the request was simple yet the employee took it so personal he ignored her. That shows his ignorance and how he views women.

Once again he WOULD have done it if the manager was a man."

He said I doubt you have worked in a structured company before. (You know what , Im sick and tired of you). You take it like a man vs woman issue. I don't.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mandu94:

"Don't try to go personal with me. Firstly the request was simple yet the employee took it so personal he ignored her. That shows his ignorance and how he views women.

Once again he WOULD have done it if the manager was a man."

He said I doubt you have worked in a structured company before. (You know what all4naija, Im sick and tired of you) . You take it like a man vs woman issue. I don't.
This is why I like you. You have uncontrollable anger at times. grin grin grin grin.You take everything personal. I understand that but if he rejected a male boss in the same manner you wouldn't say the same thing. Let's be sincere with ourselves for once. Don't you think the female boss overreacted?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 2:37am On Apr 23, 2015
Emodeee:

dat YANSH is fit for a doggy style. U dn't even need to bend ya kneels and touch ur toes@ya dp.

Every guy who likes this statement hasn't had sex for a long time. # No to sexism
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
all4naija:
This is why I like you. You have uncontrollable anger at times. grin grin grin grin.You take everything personal. I understand that but if he rejected a male boss in the same manner you wouldn't say the same thing. Let's be sincere with ourselves for once. Don't you think the female boss overreacted?

Ofcourse it will be different. And that's where you don't understand.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mandu94:

Ofcourse it will be different. And that's where you don't understand.

It won't be different. The fact that most women who gravitate toward the ideology of feminism often than not react negatively in most situations like the one we are discussing about. This is a single incidence though. There have been many instances around the world where female bosses receive fair treatment from male employees than the female ones. You are begging the question by procrastinating on what you think the outcome would look like when it is a male boss involved and it is not helping in your fight for equality.

How are you? No fighting, please! grin cheesy cool
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
all4naija:

It won't be different. The fact that most women who gravitate toward the ideology of feminism often than not react negatively in most situations like the one we are discussing about. This is a single incidence though. There have been many instances around the world where female bosses receive fair treatment from male employees than the female ones. You are begging the question by procrastinating on what you think the outcome would look like when it is a male boss involved and it is not helping in your fight for equality.

How are you? No fighting, please! grin cheesy cool

?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 25, 2015
Mandu94:

?
Jeez! What is that one for? You are very complicated to say the least! grin cheesy cheesy
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:
Jeez! What is that one for? You are very complicated to say the least! grin cheesy cheesy

Why do you keep emailing me. I cant even access the emails.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mandu94:

Why do you keep emailing me. I cant even access the emails.
Just to see you around. You can pm me so that I can email you properly. How are you?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:
Just to see around. You can pm me so that I can email you properly. How are you?

All4Naja, I don't like how you spoke to the girl about dating whether she should date the african American. You cross the line of being highly opinionated person to being a bully.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mandu94:

All4Naja, I don't like how you spoke to the girl about dating whether she should date the african American. You cross the line of being highly opinionated person to being a bully.
Oh,yeah! What has that got to do with this thread?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:
Oh,yeah! What has that got to do with this thread?

And what has asking me whether I'm okay, got to do with the thread either.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mandu94:

And what has asking me whether I'm okay, got to do with the thread either.
You didn't answer my question. Asking you about your condition is relevant to the thread because I didn't see you around to continue with the discussion on feminism.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
feminism in Nigeria please tell me that's a joke, am yet to see one that actually know what feminism is, most throw the words to think it means favoring women over others. but really it's not in my Job Description to carry people's bag but then again it's not a structured company so anything goes. This won't happen in a structured organization, this is a company where one person plays God.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mandu94:

But he would have done it if she was a man. Its the problem with society and how men look down on women. He should be respectful he is an employee.

That's actually false, because they mentioned peers there's no way I would carry peer's bad just because his father owns the company. regardless of the sex I would turn them down. It's not in my job description, also he is respectful as an employee but not a servant, he's duties are confined to his work and not personal tasks. Also am curious how has refusing to help someone got anything to do with how the society looks at women. There are women in top organizations who men look up to; so not sure where you're getting at.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
pcguru1:

That's actually false, because they mentioned peers there's no way I would carry peer's bad just because his father owns the company. regardless of the sex I would turn them down. It's not in my job description, also he is respectful as an employee but not a servant, he's duties are confined to his work and not personal tasks. Also am curious how has refusing to help someone got anything to do with how the society looks at women. There are women in top organizations who men look up to; so not sure where you're getting at.

Little events represent larger issues. Its about being able to see that rather than seeing things literally. You may say that you will refuse if it was a man, however you see it more degrading if it were a woman.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by AAinEqGuinea: 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
klark3:
I was employed as an architect in a medium size architectural firm, my boss happens to be a lady.

I hitched a ride in her car after a meeting with a client on site, It's was even my first time of hitching a ride in her car, as I have always eschewed it, on getting to the office she asked me to carry her hand bag along, but I turned deaf ear to her request and swiftly went straight to the office, but she came to my office and gave me a sullen glare.

I thought the malice won't last long, but unfortunately for me, she fired me this morning for a no cogent reason.

I'm downcast and bewildered, she's just privilege to be the manager because it's her dad firm, she's my contemporary, and I was on the verge of supervising a gigantic project.

Was I wrong?

Yes and No.

You were wrong because you need that job and the personal experience from project.

Sure, you're not her personal handbag man and it was unprofessional for her to ask you... but at the end of the day you needed the job and experience.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mandu94:

Little events represent larger issues. Its about being able to see that rather than seeing things literally. You may say that you will refuse if it was a man, however you see it more degrading if it were a woman.
grin grin grin grin. This is done tongue-in-cheek way.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mandu94:

Nope i won't see it degrading as a man, I will see it degrading as a peer how the hell would i be carrying his/her bag just because her dad owns the company ? that's why companies have errand boys. In my office am not disposed to helping babes carry anything as much as you want me to look sexist. But you cannot mandate me to carry anything , you can only ask for my assistance then it's up to me to carry it. then again isn't it sexist to offer to help her wouldn't that mean me trying to say "you need a man to always help you out when you are in trouble" ? I only mentioned this part since sexism intrigues you.

If you work for a structured company you will know that getting fired for things like this are not possible. oh incase i forgot my boss is a lady and she's the best in our department (just thought mentioning that would make you feel satisfied to some level).

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
I once worked in a one man company as a Software developer, and this is me working late day and night to fix stuff for the company, so a boss (Male) calls me in and gives me a cheque (my salary) and i take it and turned back, and he got angry with me because I didn't say Thank you. not like he thanks me when i deploy their work and all. in 2 months time i resigned because I noticed he takes things too personal and also i had nothing to do anyway since it's not an IT company.

What's my story here: One man company are not structured and are highly sentimental, I resigned because it's not professional, mixing emotions with business. I would never work in a one man company except as partner. Before you get fired in a structured company it would need to be deliberated. it's a shame that we are even castigating this person for standing up for what's wrong then again we Nigerians are a bunch of butt-lickers.

5 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 27, 2015
Mandu94:

Every guy who likes this statement hasn't had sex for a long time. # No to sexism
I do! I like that post.But, you are speculating.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Mandu94: 7:13pm On May 28, 2015
all4naija:
I do! I like that post.But, you are speculating.

I know lol
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 28, 2015
Mandu94:

I know lol
Okay. Are you still a feminist by heart? How are you? I know you hate to be asked about your condition. grin cool
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by oshaosha2014(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
Mandu94:

That's where you miss the point, it wasn't trivial as he displayed uttermost disrespect by entirely un-acknowledging her request. This means he undermines her authority therefore it is essential that he is fired to sustain a healthy workforce and environment. This has nothing to do with her self esteem, it is simply the problem many men have as a result of patriarchy over centuries. This very primitive mindset will cause society to be quite restricted. And be very honest to yourself, he would have behaved differently is she was a man.
#Equality for women

Hey feminist, I sight you. How market?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by asalimpo(m): 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
klark3:
I was employed as an architect in a medium size architectural firm, my boss happens to be a lady.

I hitched a ride in her car after a meeting with a client on site, It's was even my first time of hitching a ride in her car, as I have always eschewed it, on getting to the office she asked me to carry her hand bag along, but I turned deaf ear to her request and swiftly went straight to the office, but she came to my office and gave me a sullen glare.

I thought the malice won't last long, but unfortunately for me, she fired me this morning for a no cogent reason.

I'm downcast and bewildered, she's just privilege to be the manager because it's her dad firm, she's my contemporary, and I was on the verge of supervising a gigantic project.

Was I wrong?
you were not wrong and will never be. You were an employee, hired to contribute specific services to the firm, nothing less.
Your employer has no grounds to look down on you for being an employee. And you should never allow any too. In a country with a strong justice system this thuggery wouldnt be accepted.
Wipe your eyes and console yourself in the fact that you stood up for yourself instead of otherwise. Besides, as an architect, you could market your skills independently.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 20, 2016
mexzony:
Pls he is not wrong. Handbag is not part of the job description.Nigerians just like taking ppl for granted just because they are in a higher position.
Was it included in his job description that his boss will become his driver. If the boss can be free enough to drive him, why can't he swallow his ego and carry the bag. Probably cos the boss is a lady, it sure wouldn't have mattered if he is female and the boss male.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by MrXlim5618: 9:26am On Apr 03, 2016
duni04:

There's a thin line between humility and preserving your dignity. Its sad that people like you don't know where the line is. You're probably the kind of person that'll eat shît to get a job. Smh for u undecided

yeah?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:59am On Jun 28, 2016
eyeview:
You weren't wrong. It was never stated in the offer letter that you job description included carrying her hand bag. She has inferiority complex and she could only overcome it by seeing you do attend to her domestic needs. She wanted to cross the line and you didn't let her. That's the same way some people get to start doing uncomplimentary things to keep their jobs. You were a man.
Don't feel bad,other jobs will turn up.
The award therefore goes to you for the most brilliant comment on this thread smiley
If he had, carrying her bag is just the beginning, we women we no dey tire lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.