Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. (2137 Views)

Ghana Vs Nigeria Luxurious Bus: This Is Why Tourism Is Dead In Nigeria. / Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) / Tourism: Ikogosi Warm Springs Ekiti (new Pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by sagewonders(m): 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
I saw this signboard at Federal Polytechnic Idah Kogi State and a close look at the motto of the signboard I saw TOURISM IS RICHER THAN OIL and I decided to share it nairaland to see people's opinion.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by jbl007(m): 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
If I hear...not even close.
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Solowande(m): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
Why u nor go ask Femi Otedola and Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by sagewonders(m): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Solowande:
Why u nor go ask Femi Otedola and Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke
Lol
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by 19naia(m): 4:01am On Apr 04, 2015
It depends on how much oil you are talking and also how many tourist you are talking.

If you viisit thailand, you will see tourist like swarms of locusts infesting the place and bringing money like a plague..
Many Thai people are making it rich just from tourist alone.. They are exhausted already from tourist and many are hating the tourist now..
I was In Peru and that place also is thriving with tourist from all over the world..

Costa rica is a country to research for how tourism has transformed their economy.. The money they see fom tourism has turned the once jungle bound quiet banana republic into a place of modern development to compete with any country in its region and beyond.. It used to be the underclass of its region but now people from countries in the region are thronging to Costarica to taste it's more exquisite and bustling economy...
Many USA companies have moved there ,as well as retired people from USA and Europe and beyond.. They bring money, business ventures and development to the place... I was there as well as all other countries in the region..

When tourist come, their money comes along.. When their money helps to enrich the country, it will help to develop the country.. When it develops the country, it will attract tourist to want to stay and reside and bring their retirement income and also set up business ventures..
When the tourist start to live there in significant numbers, big companies from their home countries in USA and Europe will seek to open big commercial outlets there to sell a taste of home to the expatriates and everyone else in the country...
Nigeria already has KFC and other US And UK franchises operating there, but only on a small scale because the economy and culture is not there to support good sales....
Tourism can transform a nation faster than oil, because it not only brings in big money, but also many foreigners with transformative ideas and efforts to add to what the host nation already has for itself.. Oil just brings people focused only on oil business and oil money..
Tourism exponentiates upon itslef into so much more than just tourist coming with money.. Tourist will make the country want to improve its quality/standards of living and infrastructure, to attract more tourist and more of their revenue input...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Nobody: 4:43am On Apr 04, 2015
Tourism is richer because it preserves/conserves ecosystems and nature.

Tourism is richer because there is no environmental hazards, air pollution or water pollution, or explosions.

Tourism is richer because it brings about a real sense of
pride and identity to communities. By showcasing and conserving distinct characteristics of their ways of life, history and culture.

Discovery of oil in some countries around the world has claimed many lives via encouraging civil wars, insurgence, oil militants, and explosions in attempt to vandalise oil pipelines.

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by 19naia(m): 5:11am On Apr 04, 2015
Sile12:
Tourism is richer because it preserve/conserve ecosystems and nature.

Tourism is richer because there is no environmental hazards, air pollution or water pollution, or explosions.

Tourism is richer because it brings about a real sense of
pride and identity to communities. By showcasing and conserving distinct characteristics of their ways of life, history and culture.

Discovery of oil in some countries around the world has claimed many lives via encouraging civil wars, insurgence, oil militants, and explosions in attempt to vandalise oil pipelines.

Yes true, nice and very important point.. The damage oil does is more than the profit it brings in...
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 04, 2015
19naia:

Yes true, nice and very important point.. The damage oil does is more than the profit it brings in...

Yes, will never forget this compulsory question in one of my final exams in school.

"Is oil discovery in Nigeria a Curse or a Blessing?" Critically examine.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by SkinnyDude(m): 7:15am On Apr 04, 2015
Sile12:

Yes, will never forget this compulsory question in one of my final exams in school.

i will go with curse.

what did you answer.
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 04, 2015
Sile12:

ACE product?
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 04, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

ACE product?

Ekiti State University.
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 04, 2015
SkinnyDude:
i will go with curse.

what did you answer.

I wrote on both Curse&Blessing. Like Advantages/Disadvantages, but the curse/disadvantages re higher and I had B.
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by SkinnyDude(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2015
Sile12:

I wrote on both Curse&Blessing. Like Advantages/Disadvantages, but the curse/disadvantages re higher and I had B.
wow. nice.
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 04, 2015
Sile12:

Ekiti State University.
Okay
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by angelTI(f): 11:54am On Apr 04, 2015
I never knew people study tourism as a course undecided
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
angelTI:

Yeah, Tourism,Travel, &Hospitality Management. Just that we don't value tourism in Nigeria like that, you study this course in a country where tourism is highly respected and you gat a job in one of the tourism company, you stand the chance of seeing more or travelling more around the world. Im aiming for the course abroad though.
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
Yes,it is.
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by sagewonders(m): 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
angelTI:

Yes I am studying Tourism at federal polytechnic idah very nice course
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by sagewonders(m): 8:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
tourism is sustainable. tourism lives on the environment. the survival of the environment is the survival of tourism. tourism is not limited like oil. tourism can bring social cultural, environmental and economic impacts to the host community

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by delgroveng(m): 7:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
It depends on how you define tourism, tourism is a thrillion dollar industry. It includes foreign direct investment in infrastures, Resorts, hotels airport and transportation Obviously the other tool is hospitality, serving your guest, direct source of employment for citizens.Managing hotels, transportation(Airlines, charter boats, Taxis, buses),Catering and lots of cultural export.
Oil brings direct benefit to those involve. attracts investment to just a particular section of the economy. Employs mostly few skilled labor compared to tourism but a huge source of capital for a weak govt. without relying on borrowing from any country to fund project.
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by sagewonders(m): 7:18am On Apr 07, 2015
delgroveng:
It depends on how you define tourism, tourism is a thrillion dollar industry. It includes foreign direct investment in infrastures, Resorts, hotels airport and transportation Obviously the other tool is hospitality, serving your guest, direct source of employment for citizens.Managing hotels, transportation(Airlines, charter boats, Taxis, buses),Catering and lots of cultural export.
Oil brings direct benefit to those involve. attracts investment to just a particular section of the economy. Employs mostly few skilled labor compared to tourism but a huge source of capital for a weak govt. without relying on borrowing from any country to fund project.

that's true
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Menace2Society(m): 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
angelTI:

What a dumb post undecided
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by angelTI(f): 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
Menace2Society:
What a dumb post undecided

You are dumber for this post of yours.

Is this how you talk to your elders? Don't you dare open your mouth to talk to people anyhow especially in a public forum.

I asked a question and reasonable people have answered me.

Peace out
Re: Is It True That Tourism Is Richer Than Oil. by Menace2Society(m): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
angelTI:

You are dumber for this post of yours.

Is this how you talk to your elders? Don't you dare open your mouth to talk to people anyhow especially in a public forum.

I asked a question and reasonable people have answered me.

Peace out
What a dumb reply!LMAO@your elders

(1) (Reply)

Travelling From Nigeria To Germany / It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies / CEO Air Peace Please Cut Down Your Air Ticket Fee.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.