Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH (60998 Views)

Abubakar Shekau Claims Responsibility For UNIMAID Bombing / Photos From Agip Oil Pipeline Explosion That Killed 3 People In Bayelsa / Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Kano Bomb Blast, Share Pic Of The Bomber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by Anazp: 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
An Urhobo militant group, Urhobo Gbagbako, on Friday claimed responsibility for Thursday night’s bombing of the NPDC Oil pipelines at Ighrenene, Afiesere and Ekiugbo communities in Delta State.

The group, which made the claims in an email sent to some reporters, said it is also planning to shut down all the oil fields in Urhobo and Isoko areas.

The email signed by the group’s s spokesperson, Priest Omodjuvwu, said the bombing of the Ekiugbo/Ighrenene/Afiesere was to draw attention to the neglect of ex-militants of Urhobo extraction.

It said the Urhobo had been sidelined in the pipelines protection contracts offered to ex-militants from other ethnic groups and they now want to show that they too had the capacity to cause trouble if ignored.

The group said it had sent warning signals to the NPDC and the federal government on the pipeline surveillance contracts, which had excluded the Urhobo.

Urhobo Gbagbako however dissociated itself from media reports about a 14-day ultimatum given to the federal government and NPDC on the oil pipeline surveillance contracts.

“We have now resumed attack on the NPDC pipeline facilities on a massive scale, which scale of bombings shall be unprecedented,” the email said.

The group said the attacks will continue until the Urhobo got what rightly belonged to them.

It explained that Urhobo Gbagbako Group is a militia group of all ex-militants, youths, women and elders of Urhobo origin.

http://www.punchng.com/news/militant-group-claims-responsibility-for-delta-pipeline-explosion/

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Too bad they don't know it's their villages that will be polluted. In the past, they had good reasons for their actions. Now that they've been compensated beyond measures and had it all messed up by a fisher man, they now want to start fomenting trouble. They won't be any sympathy from other regions when calamity befalls them cos we all have seen that they can never satisfied. We all know why the Nigeria Army couldn't defeat boko haram. Now that the divisive fisher man who had aim of sinking the ship called nigeria has been booted out, the finishing of the niger delta militants will seem like having a shooting practice. Now is the time for the sensible ND to speak against a coming calamity, or else baga, mubi and gwoza will have annexes in SS.

145 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by UrennaNkoli(f): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Urhobo Gbagbako wants to start nonsense in the Niger Delta. They are flies compared to boko haram. We'll wipe them out in seconds using bullets made from tissue paper.

Just make sure you turn a new leaf on or before may 29 because the administration that awaits you won't be smiling at all. You can ask the animals you are copying and imitating from the north, they'll explain better.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jonathan please talk to your boys

19 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by temitemi1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hmmm... GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL!

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by ozoigbondu: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
Oyel money.........What is trying to happen to Oyel money.......I just dey observe.......is oyel money about to dry up....will cocoa farming return......only time will tell cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by DickDastardly(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thats what we talking about. Encore grin cool

10 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by saintopus(m): 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
GMB challenge number 01

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by dunkem21(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by Idrismusty97(m): 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
Enjoy your limited time very well...Soon you would know Nigeria is bigger than you rat faces!

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by 0BOYPC(m): 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hahahahahaha I just dey laff.
Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by Kolade354(m): 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
temitemi1:
Hmmm... GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL!
Are you mad or Insane?

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by DickDastardly(m): 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
Keneking:
Jonathan please talk to your boys
He once did, and you & i know he will. Unlike your pretentious and halo holy Buhari that will only tackle BH when elected into power. Useless mean Dictator cool

*just rehearsing and sharpening my attack tools for when he comes on board*
No rest for the wicked wink

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by eagleeye2: 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nothing dey happen.....GMB go soon crush them (shey dem dey catch breeze)

6 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by themilanway(m): 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
I refuse to believe these guys do these things for the fun of it.

CHEVRON,MOBIL,SHELL,AGIP and other multi oil companies must be made to pay,develop and create jobs for the youths of these communities

I cant give you a wife still give you a mat to screw her.

The community chiefs should also be probed and queried.

The agitation of these people needs to be looked into once and for all.

I just hope some one some where is reading this.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by eagleeye2: 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
Segeggs:
Too bad they don't know it's their villages that will be polluted. In the past, they had good reasons for their actions. Now that they've been compensated beyond measures and had it all messed up by a fisher man, they now want to start fomenting trouble. They won't be any sympathy from other regions when calamity befalls them cos we all have seen that they can never satisfied. We all know why the Nigeria Army couldn't defeat boko haram. Now that the divisive fisher man who had aim of sinking the ship called nigeria has been booted out, the finishing of the niger delta militants will seem like having a shooting practice. Now is the time for the sensible ND to speak against a coming calamity, or else baga, mubi and gwoza will have annexes in SS.
Lekwa grammar.
Compensated beyond measure, when It's Hausa/Fulani that's controling the oil blocs.... It's alright.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by Flets: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
once posted the comments below and was called names and referred to my post as a threat. Gradually, I shall be ticking off the events as they occur.

How do we avoid the impending dangers to Nigeria’s economy and existence under a Buhari presidency?

We must need to face reality as there is no magic in governance.

Extremely hard times lies ahead for this country if Buhari ever emerges victorious. 

How do you explain to a Niger Deltan that despite GEJ's achievements in almost all sectors, roads, bridges, railways, agriculture, automobile, alamajiri schools, new universities, fertilizer and ghost worker scam elimination, freedom of press, FOI, free and fair elections, power sector. .........etc, he is still booted out.

What will stop the creeks from going haywire again? Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.

OBJ's use of JTF force could not help as no Oil producing company will risk producing crude and killing staff in a volatile region. 

GEJ under Yaradua had to get down to the creeks to to talk to these boys and effect the amnesty program because they found him as a representation in government.

It will be impossible to convince a ND minority albeit a militant that their own was not persecuted out of office. And that will be the theme of their new struggle.

The long term solution to this mess is implementing the Confab report and enthroning true federalism.

A lot of opportunities are springing up around Africa and the IOCs are already geared towards investing in these newer and saner climes than invest in an unstable Niger delta . 

And while these troubles persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investments will seize in all sectors.

Unfortunately, even if the Nigerian troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one strategic location along the multi- kilometer trunk lines to continue to wreck havoc to the Nigerian economy. 

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015. 

Cos the truth is that without crude proceeds for now, Nigeria is finished. And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.And then we will ask.... Why were we this silly?

And before you quote me, make sure you outline in clear terms how you or Buhari will avert this obvious calamity staring us in the face

Only last week, they creek boys seem to have resumed activities by kidnapping at Yoho facility operated by Exxonmobil and have shut in 80KBD already.

Are we ready for this for the next 4 years?

The entire world stands to benefit from a crisis in the Niger delta. Its not a coincidence that USA who abandoned us at the height of bokoharam is busy shouting for change in govt . 

Crises in the ND will reduce supply of crude to the Oil market and that would drive up the price of crude for producing countries.... But at Nigeria's expense.

Is Buhari is any way a better Democratic president than GEJ? Is this risk worth it?

Nigerians.... Be Warned!!!

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by eagleeye2: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Enjoy your limited time very well...Soon you would know Nigeria is bigger than you rat faces!
This one pass him dogs and baboons.

2 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by IVORY2009(m): 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Urhobo Gbagbako wants to start nonsense in the Niger Delta. They are flies compared to boko haram. We'll wipe them out in seconds using bullets made from tissue paper.

To before warned is to before harmed. Just make sure you turn a new leaf on or before may 29 because the administration that awaits you won't be smiling at all. You can ask the animals you are copying and imitating from the north, they'll explain better.

You are only making mouth, if you see shakabuka can u stand? cheesy cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by RockMaxi: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
I will advice them to pass this aggression to the appropriate quarters.
Jonathan ochestrated this evil without knowing the implications.

8 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
What is this nonsense?

Do these people think at all before embarking on a journey that may irredeemably define their lives!

Why blow up pipelines?
Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by OneNaira6: 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
I'm still against blowing up pipeline. Please let's fight for RESOURCE CONTROL. This way you'll cripple nigerian economy excluding regions with oil. The others have to rebuild their "groundnut or coco" or whatever the Bleep they have. Also, this way the north cannot use the wealth from ND to fix the sh1t they did in their region only because a southern is the president.

Also, why blow up pipeline when GEJ is still president? That's counterproductive. They should have started when GMB takes over. Give him the same treatment GEJ went through. The north didn't give GEJ a month before they "made the country ungovernable for him". If una wan replicate, do am. Just don't kill or destroy our lands. Abeg my people's homeland is in that delta state. Biko nu, don't f2k my lands ooo.

21 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by herald9: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
The termites have risen...

They be bursting pipelines and polluting their farmlands.... When the money comes they'll still complain of high cost of living....

Sick brains.

12 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by 9jvirgin(m): 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
They will be slaughtered. Just wait.

5 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by superstar1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Who's land is being polluted from the explosion?

8 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by OneNaira6: 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Segeggs:

I always find it laughable when you ppl use a nigerian military to boast and blame GEJ for their weakness. Incase you weren't aware, your military has ALWAYS been weak

Didn't your military fight the militants in the past? Did they defeat them? Didn't they end up going after innocent citizen aka Odi massacre just to get at the militant yet the militant still played them around like football? If it wasn't GEJ going to them to beg them to stop and take the Amnesty Yaradua offered, they would still be playing your military for football. Reason why is because no other nation got involved to assist them. The only times your military ever won anything is by the assistance of other nations.

Name one fight Nigerian military have been in where they won the fight or actually had an upper hand prior to other African or western nations assisting them. Just name one

The only other time no country was willing to assist Nigeria in it's fight against another was during the Cameroon and Nigeria swamble over Bakassi. Tell us what happemed? didn't una hand over Bakassi to Cameroon without a single gunshot.

I laugh whenever you people use that weak@ss military to boast. Just too funy!!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by superstar1(m): 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
They made the country ungovernable for a C-in-C with all the powers of a President of this country. Just agree that GEJ was clueless. Simple.

The north tried sharia threat with OBJ, he replied them with State of Emergency and they had to back track. GEJ could not even implement full state of emergency.

Even if there was any conspiracy against him concerning BH, he nurtured, aided and abetted the conspiracy.

Abeg joor.

4 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by datguru: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hahahahahahaah! I said this yesterday and I got a lot of quotes but I did not answer them and I repeat the message again

I pity all of you, this is the end of this scam called Nigeria,
just keep calm and see how the country goes before may
29th. We will blow up the whole pipeline and put this scam
called Nigeria in a chaos, maybe then you people will take
us serious

12 Likes

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by Symphony007: 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Unacceptable!!

1 Like

Re: Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH by Rahmatuparker: 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Una don start abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lynda Chuba Ikpeazu Gives Birth To Twins At 51 - Frontlinenews.com / Atiku Dasuki's House Sealed By The EFCC - Pictured / Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.