Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,160 members, 7,807,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

What Does The HR Mean? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Does The HR Mean? (972 Views)

Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? / Diary Of A Pretend HR / What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The HR Mean? by Mayosky15754: 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
My kid sister had an interview with their sister multinational  company in a different state. The company has a laid down policy, before attending any interview with their other coys, you must inform your line manger as well as your present HR. She went ahead to inform the HR and all the HR did was to call the other HR of where she was scheduled for the interview and speak well of her but the conversation was not open to her.She attended the interview but didnt perform up to expection and felt very bad about her performance right there in the interview room and was somehow consoled that they have not taken a decision yet i.e the final outcome. The HR decided to ask her will she accept another role diferent from the one she applied for and her response was 'Yes'. After about 5 weeks of being kept in the dark, she called the HR on phone and all he said was that their application is still under going processing. Please house, is there still any hope?
Re: What Does The HR Mean? by mymadam(m): 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
HR can actually mean many things. However, in this case I believe HR means HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT (a.k.a. PERSONNEL). They are generally in charge of assessment and recruitment of personnel. Please this just my opinion, let others chip in. Bless you. Nigeria rocks!
Re: What Does The HR Mean? by Mayosky15754: 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
mymadam:
HR can actually mean many things. However, in this case I believe HR means HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT (a.k.a. PERSONNEL). They are generally in charge of assessment and recruitment of personnel. Please this just my opinion, let others chip in. Bless you. Nigeria rocks!

Yes, the Human Resources Business Partner HRBP of the company.
Re: What Does The HR Mean? by mymadam(m): 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
Question: Please house, is there still any hope?

Answer: Possibly but... hasn't the particular spot been filled yet? If not, there's hope, but remember that your sister admitted to an unimpressive performance at the interview. Meanwhile, there are many other organizations recruiting. One must NEVER lose sleep over any one. Never put all your eggs in one basket. Tell your sister to move on to other openings while waiting for a response. Good luck. Over & out. Nigeria rocks!
Re: What Does The HR Mean? by Mayosky15754: 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
@ mymadam,
The post is yet to be filled up.
Thanks for your response.
Re: What Does The HR Mean? by CrazyMan(m): 7:28am On Apr 04, 2015
5 weeks is too long; that's over a month. If they needed someone urgently to fill up that spot, why keep silent for 5 weeks when you can just tell the candidate to resume immediately?

Secondly the HR is a very polite person. Most HR's don't accept calls from prospective employee's unless of course you know them personally. For her to be the one doing the calling after 5 weeks show that the gap which they company were intending to fill has already been filled. If I were her, I would just remove my mind from that place and continue my job hunt elsewhere.
Re: What Does The HR Mean? by CrazyMan(m): 8:07am On Apr 04, 2015
Mayosky15754:
@ mymadam,
The post is yet to be filled up.
Thanks for your response.
That's because they're yet to find a suitable candidate for that post. If any of the ones they interviewed met their requirements, that post would have been filled long ago.
Re: What Does The HR Mean? by Mayosky15754: 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
I will appreciate more comments.

(1) (Reply)

EMPOWERMENT On Nairaland / Ideal Basic Salary For HSE Supervisor In Oil And Gas / Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.