Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them (2086 Views)

7 Categories Of Young Ladies Around A Single Guy. / 5 Challenges Of Being Lanky / POSSIBLE Tips To Curbing Break-up Situations In Your Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them.

I'm not speaking everyone's mind. smiley

This is especially for some who rarely spend time at home with themselves, lol! Also for some who don't really wanna "date" the whole world until they get to find her and then simply tie the knot.

I don't know about you but the challenges of being a bachelor are baffling. Almost every evenings, there is an eatery down the street where all these awesome bachelors go to fill their tummies for the night. wink

Sometimes, It is actually boring, I must confess.

How Then Can One "Counter" The Challenges Of Living Alone As A Single Guy?

NOTE: There are some challenges whose solution is only marriage
grin

1.Cute Ladies Everywhere

The phrase, " body no be firewood" was really coined out of experience, lol!

Whether you're a non.v, semi.v or v, there is this thirst to always wanna be around a lady even if you don't have plans marrying her, oooopss shockedwink Did I just say that?

Seriously, nor be moimoi. I don't have much of a solution to this other than just get busy with some computer work, read some novel or perhaps visit NL. If I feel overwhelmed, I take a walk and keep walking to the end of the earth... tongue

2. Food Things

Some of us were born cooks. We started cooking from mummy's womb lol cheesy.

The reason we eat out is because mostly you get home by 7-8 PM kinda tired, what time have you to cook. Thank Jesus for Indomie wink and other beverages cheesy.
Besides, some of us find it a strenuous exercise to cook always because after cooking, you really don't enjoy eating alone.

Whereas some guys are expert in this ministry sha o.
How do we solve this? Cook and put in the fridge for many days...if no light nko? Hmm...
If you get a lot of cash on you, laziness sets in and you visit eateries often but when it's giving signals of its exhaustion, you resort to cooking and wise spending. Sharp Guy!

3. The Luxury Of Being Picky

Ladies are not the only ones who are extremely picky o... Guys are quite selective too. If he is telling he loves you, you should ask yourself, "What kind of love?" smiley

He might just wanna have you around, you know...you've got what you know to be called a "good shape" and other accessories.

Being Picky is a serious Issue. It's not bad itself but... It shouldn't be done in excess. Bone the excuse of incompatibility. Make that move! wink

4. Unwise Use Of Money

He is making a lot of cash today and he isn't thinking of savings, investing in some kinda biz or even in his younger ones. Hmm.

Every Friday evening, you and your guys in that bar cancelling all kinds... at the expense of your savings and family.

She says her name is Cassandra and you are Udeme but you lied that you're Alexandra. Ok. From that day, you became her GTBank.

The issue is that you don't love her enough to marry her, so why invest wrongly? Well, I blame her "presence" tho... I know what you're thinking cry
I'm a good guy angry

You can add more...
How are you containing
the "insurgency of singlehood" ?

Ladies, you can contribute.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by sourbutsweet(m): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
There are actually no challenges being single.
It's fun, there's freedom and you do whatever you please.

Get married.
And then you can come and speak of challenges.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by sourbutsweet(m): 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rexhenrex:

RickRichards:

vizkiz:

See them undecided

This is why Nairaland can never grow -_-
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by tohpahz(f): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Cutehector(m): 9:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
Try bein married, u"d wish u were single.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by sholikay(m): 9:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
Feels bad to be single at times. sad
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by demmy0325(m): 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by mirexxx(f): 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
challenges?? really??
when I'm free like a bird cheesy
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by mirexxx(f): 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
sourbutsweet:

Get married.
u get sense! smiley
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Hollyb(f): 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Enjoy this phase of your life it will soon pass.
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by vizkiz: 10:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
sourbutsweet:

See them undecided

This is why Nairaland can never grow -_-

this is why you are still single undecided
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by sourbutsweet(m): 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
vizkiz:

this is why you are still single undecided

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by xynerise: 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Cutehector:
Try bein married, u"d wish u were single.
Do you people ever think of your parents before saying trash? Are your parents living in bondage since they got married? And even if they are/were, what led to it? These are the questions you need to ask yourself before coming here to give inductive and stereotypical judgement.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by vizkiz: 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2015

Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by sholikay(m): 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
sourbutsweet:

Get married.
that's for ladies who are still below 27 years.. If I hear say ladies above 29 years no they face challenges. Even conc challenges sef.. cheesy
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by sourbutsweet(m): 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by vizkiz: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by amokeme(f): 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
didn't know there were challenges undecided
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
amokeme:
didn't know there were challenges undecided

Seriously, how and why?
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
The Insurgency of Singlehood? Well, singlehood launched co-ordinated attacks on me from different directions. From the Northeast came about two platoons of singlehood's anti-tank riflemen with zero light infantry to back them up. What a fool! I had littered the mesa with machine gun nests. They walked right into the killzone. From the Northwest he attacked with light infantry fighting vehicles and flamethrowers - yeah I know what you're thinking: Singlehood is as clueless as Jonathan's government? Hehe...well, I'm not perfect either: My scouts had only spotted the flamethrowers earlier, so I just deployed five fire teams (light infantry) and two snipers, but on spotting the IFVs, I knew my men were in danger of being massacred. Fortunately, there was an anti-aircraft artillery vehicle closeby. I ordered the crew to switch to anti-tank mode, and that was it: PULVERISED!!! *please don't visualize that: too graphic*
Singlehoods main battle tanks then started advancing on the Southwest frontier. Easy peasy: I scrambled my A-10 warthogs and the column of tanks was blown to smithereens.
Singlehood was very angry and desperate so he started advancing from the Southeast with his deadliest weapon: his 100-man strong elite special forces, every single one of them. I was on a winning streak so I got cocky and asked the whole of my army to retreat, save for my very own 80-man strong elite special forces. Then the mother of all battles began. It was chaotic as hell. What I saw left me bamboozled. Our elite special forces effectively cancelled out eachother. Suddenly, the battlefield became as quiet as a grave yard. "It's over". So I thought until I saw a figure emerge from the smoke. OMG! I saw Singlehood face-to-face for the very first time. He must have been about 15 feet tall, and he looked like he weighed 180 stones. His eyes were like molten magma, and the earth trembled with each step he took. Fucck! I had fought many battles but I had never seen anything like this. For the first time ever, I was scared. Singlehood kept advancing on my position until he was 20 feet away from where I stood. We stared into eachothers eyes for about 5 minutes, with me trying my best to look unruffled. Then suddenly he spoke: "I will finish you today!!!" But gosh...his voice was super squeaky - like a baby's voice. It was super funny. I was having a good laugh until he suddenly grabbed me and threw me into a tree 50 metres away. I was still groggy when he gave me one super duper upper-cut. The upper-cut sent me accelerating into the air, surpassing the earth's escape velocity...in fact I entered the atmosphere of Mars where they - greenish martians - were having some kinda party in the methane skies....I started retardating and fell back down to earth where the fuccker - Singlehood - was still waiting for me. He didn't even allow me to land before he went to town on me again. It looked like it was the end. I had won all my fights with my fellow mortals. But I had to replicate that success here. So I fought back; and I fought hard. Landing a couple of shots here and there, but Singlehood somehow gained the upper-hand again. He pinned me to the ground, brought out a weird-looking, ridiculously sharp weapon and prepared to finish me off. As he raised the weapon to strike me, I saw my iphone 6 beside me, and I suddenly remembered Nneka123. So I cleverly asked him to grant me one last wish: to let me speak with my mum. He reluctantly agreed and I called Nneka instead, to chyke her. Mehn...I had only seconds to chyke Nneka but as fate would have it, I said all the right words, and ended the string of words with: "Nneka will you be mine?" Knowing her answer meant life or death. Nneka paused. It was the longest 10 seconds of my life. I was already losing hope when Nneka blurted out: "Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Silly you, why did it take you so long to ask?!!". But something was already happening to the monster Singlehood: it turns out no sooner had Nneka said the first "yes" than a beam of light appeared in the sky. Singlehood started screaming and convulsing. Gosh! The screams were horrible - something like Tiwa Savage singing. He dissapeared into the sky and that was it. I had defeated Singlehood with the help of Nneka123. That's my story. If I lie, make Goodluck Jonathan lose Nigeria's presidential election.
That's enough yabbering for one night. Good night Nneka. And say hello to your weird flatmates for me. cheesy
OP are we clear now, or you need me to add more 'points'?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by amokeme(f): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
emusmith:

Seriously, how and why?
just have that believe that guys enjoy being single
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
amokeme:
just have that believe that guys enjoy being single

What about you gals? grin
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
RickRichards:
The Insurgency of Singlehood? Well, singlehood launched co-ordinated attacks on me from different directions. From the Northeast came about two platoons of singlehood's anti-tank riflemen with zero light infantry to back them up. What a fool! I had littered the mesa with machine gun nests. They walked right into the killzone. From the Northwest he attacked with light infantry fighting vehicles and flamethrowers - yeah I know what you're thinking: Singlehood is as clueless as Jonathan's government? Hehe...well, I'm not perfect either: My scouts had only spotted the flamethrowers earlier, so I just deployed five fire teams (light infantry) and two snipers, but on spotting the IFVs, I knew my men were in danger of being massacred. Fortunately, there was an anti-aircraft artillery vehicle closeby. I ordered the crew to switch to anti-tank mode, and that was it: PULVERISED!!! *please don't visualize that: too graphic*
Singlehoods main battle tanks then started advancing on the Southwest frontier. Easy peasy: I scrambled my A-10 warthogs and the column of tanks was blow to smithereens.
Singlehood was very angry and desperate so he started advancing from the Southeast with his deadliest weapon: his 100-man strong elite special forces, every single one of them. I was on a winning streak so I got cocky and asked the whole of my army to retreat, save for my very own 80-man strong elite special forces. Then the mother of all battles began. It was chaotic as hell. What I saw left me bamboozled. Our elite special forces effectively cancelled out eachother. Suddenly, the battlefield became as quiet as a grave yard. "It's over". So I thought until I saw a figure emerge from the smoke. OMG! I saw Singlehood face-to-face for the very first time. He must have been about 15 feet tall, and he looked like he weighed 180 stones. His eyes were like molten magma, and the earth trembled with each step he took. Fucck! I had fought many battles but I had never seen anything like this. For the first time ever, I was scared. Singlehood kept advancing on my position until he was 20 feet away from where I stood. We stared into eachothers eyes for about 5 minutes, with me trying my best to look unruffled. Then suddenly he spoke: "I will finish you today!!!" But gosh...his voice was super squeaky - like a baby's voice. It was super funny. I was having a good laugh until he suddenly grabbed me and threw me into a tree 50 metres away. I was still groggy when he gave me one super duper upper-cut. The upper-cut sent me accelerating into the air, surpassing the earth's escape velocity...in fact I entered the atmosphere of Mars where they - greenish martians - were having some kinda party in the methane skies....I started retardating and fell back down to earth where the fuccker - Singlehood - was still waiting for me. He didn't even allow me to land before he went to town on me again. It looked like it was the end. I had won all my fights with my fellow mortals. But I had to replicate that success here. So I fought back; and I fought hard. Landing a couple of shots here and there, but Singlehood somehow gained the upper-hand again. He pinned me to the ground, brought out a weird-looking, ridiculously sharp weapon and prepared to finish me off. As he raised the weapon to strike me, I saw my iphone 6 beside me, and I suddenly remembered Nneka123. So I cleverly asked him to grant me one last wish: to let me speak with my mum. He reluctantly agreed and I called Nneka instead, to chyke her. Mehn...I had only seconds to chyke Nneka but as fate would have it, I said all the right words, and ended the string of words with: "Nneka will you be mine?" Knowing her answer meant life or death. Nneka paused. It was the longest 10 seconds of my life. I was already losing hope when Nneka blurted out: "Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Silly you, why did it take you so long to ask?!!". But something was already happening to the monster Singlehood: it turns out no sooner had Nneka said the first "yes" than a beam of light appeared in the sky. Singlehood started screaming and convulsing. Gosh! The screams were horrible - something like Tiwa Savage singing. He dissapeared into the sky and that was it. I had defeated Singlehood with the help of Nneka123. That's my story. If I lie, make Goodluck Jonathan lose Nigeria's presidential election.
That's enough yabbering for one night. Good night Nneka. And say hello to your weird flatmates for me. cheesy

Hahahaha... Too much of Video games grin

Nice one sha... I don dash you 1 like and 1 share...doooo
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by amokeme(f): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
emusmith:

What about you gals? grin
some do while some dont
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
amokeme:
some do while some dont

You nko?
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by YUNGLURD(m): 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
RickRichards:
Singlehoods main battle tanks then started advancing on the Southwest frontier. Easy peasy: I scrambled my A-10 warthogs and the column of tanks was blow to smithereens.
wut happens to summary
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by amokeme(f): 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
emusmith:

You nko?
true friendship over love wink
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
amokeme:
true friendship over love wink

Thank goodness we are already true friends smiley, what's my next step?
Re: Challenges Of Being A Single Guy And Possible Ways To Curbing Them by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
Challenges you say

Well not for me that is always indoors 24/7

Making my money

And watching some badass movies

The only challenge I have is that of konji

And the numerous ashii in our estate can always take care of that...

I have given up on love a long time ago...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Faked A Call Just To Impress A Guy/lady? / She Gave Me So Many Greenlights But... / *****lol*****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.