Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

WINDOWS 10 Anyone? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / WINDOWS 10 Anyone? (1472 Views)

Help!!! My Simple Server Refuses To Work After Upgrading To Windows 10 / The wait is over: Welcome Windows 10! The World Most Awaited Operating System / Windows 10 Is Almost Ready. Check Out Images From The Latest Build 10204 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by bioduneberry(m): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
I upgraded my windows OS from windows 8 to windows 10 (Technical Preview Evaluation Copy) (curious me) and as far as i can see they (microsoft) improved on their previous version. Although the new OS is a little bit laggy on a 2gigabyte RAM machine during startup. Overall performance is 80% for now and lest i forget the startup menu is back with an improved, clean and interactive interface. Can't wait for the final stable version.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Fulaman198(m): 10:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
I am currently running my Windows 10 technical preview as a virtual machine so that I wouldn't lose my Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit.

Overall, I like the new integration of Cortana and makes me want to completely join the Windows ecosystem. Windows 10 is definitely a formidable product.

I didn't notice the lag because my system has 28gb of RAM of which I have dedicated 4gb to the VM and a quad-core i7 processor.
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Awoofawo(m): 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
When the stable one is out hala me..... I somehow like window 8.1 thou..
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Awoofawo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
Fulaman198:
I am currently running my Windows 10 technical preview as a virtual machine so that I wouldn't lose my Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit.

Overall, I like the new integration of Cortana and makes me want to completely join the Windows ecosystem. Windows 10 is definitely a formidable product.

I didn't notice the lag because my system has 28gb of RAM of which I have dedicated 4gb to the VM and a quad-core i7 processor.

What is the likely cost of upgrading my ram to half of what you are flexing on your system.... How to go about it. Thank bro!
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Fulaman198(m): 12:45am On Apr 05, 2015
Awoofawo:

What is the likely cost of upgrading my ram to half of what you are flexing on your system.... How to go about it. Thank bro!

Do you use ddr3-l ram? 1600 mhz?

1 Like

Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Awoofawo(m): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

Do you use ddr3-l ram? 1600 mhz?

I'll need to open my system to confirm but I no wan put hands inside, the system is hp 15 icore-3 processor, ram 4g with 500g hhd. Don't know type of ram used on it, cos like I said earlier don't want to open it, it is still very new now......
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Awoofawo(m): 10:14am On Apr 05, 2015
This is what I got after scanning with CPU-Z (CPUID soft development kit)

MEMORY
Type: ddr3 Channel#: single Size: 4GB
Dram frequency: 799.9 MHz
Max Bandwidth : PC3 - 12800 (800HMz)

hope this will do? Thank alot!
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 05, 2015
bioduneberry:
I upgraded my windows OS from windows 8 to windows 10 (Technical Preview Evaluation Copy) (curious me) and as far as i can see they (microsoft) improved on their previous version. Although the new OS is a little bit laggy on a 2gigabyte RAM machine during startup. Overall performance is 80% for now and lest i forget the startup menu is back with an improved, clean and interactive interface. Can't wait for the final stable version.

Hope you didn't lose any files & documents?
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by bioduneberry(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
helenmi:

Hope you didn't lose any files & documents?

No i didn't. All my files, apps and documents were intact.
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by bioduneberry(m): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Awoofawo:

The stable version will be out by September.
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Fulaman198(m): 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
Awoofawo:

I'll need to open my system to confirm but I no wan put hands inside, the system is hp 15 icore-3 processor, ram 4g with 500g hhd. Don't know type of ram used on it, cos like I said earlier don't want to open it, it is still very new now......

Tell me the PC model and I'll find the kind of RAM for you
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Awoofawo(m): 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
bioduneberry:

the model is hp 15-d081nr

Thank!
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Awoofawo(m): 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
bioduneberry:

Will wait.... or meanwhile I am tempt with the idea of installing linux (ubuntu) on it! Have tried ubuntu and bodhi on desktop love both, but unfortunate the iso are for 86x system while the laptop is 64x!

Does anyone understand how to go about it without having to download 64x iso... Thank
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Ifebazz(m): 4:25am On Apr 06, 2015
Awoofawo:
Main reason I want to upgrade to Windows 10 is because since I got my windows 8.1 my FIFA 14 button configuration have refused to normalise (shoot turns to long pass, pass become shoot etc) despite downloading available hardware drivers. I use a Lenovo ThinkPad SL510.
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Edygrin(m): 11:19am On Apr 06, 2015
I ve read a lot about windows 10 and can't wait to upgrade. I juz hope the much hype about it won't ruin it
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Justiceotuya(m): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
am actually running build 10049 of the windows 10 technical preview and am wowed. cortana is a genius although she still dey learn, project spartan nko, the browser is wowww. but they are still improving and men i cant just wait for the final edition to come out.

microsoft for the first time are listening to their customers through insider hub and windows feedback app and so they are tailoring it to our taste. thats Good... just cant wait

1 Like

Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Fulaman198(m): 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Justiceotuya:
am actually running build 10049 of the windows 10 technical preview and am wowed. cortana is a genius although she still dey learn, project spartan nko, the browser is wowww. but they are still improving and men i cant just wait for the final edition to come out.

microsoft for the first time are listening to their customers through insider hub and windows feedback app and so they are tailoring it to our taste. thats Good... just cant wait

If they listened to their customers, they would add native SSH and Telnet to their command prompt or powershell
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Justiceotuya(m): 7:34am On Apr 09, 2015
Fulaman198:

If they listened to their customers, they would add native SSH and Telnet to their command prompt or powershell
actually i dont know what SSH mean and so i goggled it, saw that it would be a good addition. for those who dont know what SSH mean check this link http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/technoglossary/f/whatis_SSL.htm
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Fulaman198(m): 7:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Justiceotuya:

actually i dont know what SSH mean and so i goggled it, saw that it would be a good addition. for those who dont know what SSH mean check this link http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/technoglossary/f/whatis_SSL.htm

You linked SSL my friend which is secure socket layer (also known as https) which is used mainly for web applications and websites. I'm talking about SSH (Secure Shell) which is linked to TCP port 22. It is an alternative to Telnet (which operates on TCP port 23). Basically if you want to log into something like a device or a router, people who work in the I.T. field need to login via SSH because when you do, your passwords are encrypted. When you login via Telnet, your password is sent in plain text (thus the reason no one uses Telnet anymore unless they are using outdated tech).

Mac OS X which is derived from Linux has SSH/Telnet built into the command line interface (because it uses Linux CLI). If Windows can add it to Command prompt or PowerShell, I will do seriously do a dance. In essence, every other thing about Windows is nice.
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Fulaman198(m): 7:43am On Apr 09, 2015
NVM, I read your link, and it did talk about the two different protocols.
Re: WINDOWS 10 Anyone? by Justiceotuya(m): 8:00am On Apr 09, 2015
Fulaman198:
NVM, I read your link, and it did talk about the two different protocols.
thanks just learnt something fro you today

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Clean White Samsung Galaxy S4 [2GB RAM/16GB Internal] - SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Please Help: Why I'm I Seeing This On My Computer / Problem With Transfering Files From Phone To Windows 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.