Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,436 members, 7,801,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card (2103 Views)

Timilehin Daomi Invents Coins-Dispensing ATM In Lagos (Photos, Video) / For Atm Users, See The 20 Most Guessed Atm Pin Numbers / Why You Need To Keep Your ATM Card Than Your Pin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by medamillion(m): 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
I just lost my GTBank ATM card today, and I can't go to the bank and block it due the holiday.

My question is, is it possible for someone who doesn't know my password to have access and withdraw money from my account with the ATM card?

Please urgent answers needed. Thanks.
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by juniormusa(m): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Is very possible oh with the figures in front and the 3 C.V.V numbers at the back of your card..
Just try and block it asap bro..
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by juniormusa(m): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
3 C.V.V
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by magicfingers009: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
You don't have to panic. You've got two options.
1. You can call GTConnect on 08029002900, then would block that ATM card and process a new
one for you
2. You can logon to your internet banking and disable your card and request fr a new one. You can even select your pick up branch
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by watered(m): 11:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Its not possible. Just mail me your PIN and I'll help you block it.
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by juniormusa(m): 11:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
watered:
LOL badt guy
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by juniormusa(m): 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
watered:
hehe ahbi
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by watered(m): 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
juniormusa:

LOL badt guy
LOL

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by watered(m): 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
juniormusa:

hehe ahbi
na true na *winks

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by medamillion(m): 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
magicfingers009:
You don't have to panic. You've got two options.
1. You can call GTConnect on 08029002900, then would block that ATM card and process a new
one for you
2. You can logon to your internet banking and disable your card and request fr a new one. You can even select your pick up branch
Thanks broz, I am really grateful, but I just tried calling the number around 7:00 PM perhaps they can't pick it due to the holiday period.

As for the Internet Bank,I don't know the security ID offhand (too long), I saved it in my phone and it got lost with the ATM Card.

My fear is just that I don't know how fast the person having the ATM card can be now on trying to access my account. And the Bank will not likely open untill Tuesday.
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by juniormusa(m): 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
watered:
na true na *winks
Haha
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by medamillion(m): 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
watered:
Na wa for you o...Trying to take advantage of peoples problem to mock or dupe them will not take you anywhere.
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by magicfingers009: 6:37am On Apr 04, 2015
medamillion:

Thanks broz, I am really grateful, but I just tried calling the number around 7:00 PM perhaps they can't pick it due to the holiday period.

As for the Internet Bank,I don't know the security ID offhand (too long), I saved it in my phone and it got lost with the ATM Card.

My fear is just that I don't know how fast the person having the ATM card can be now on trying to access my account. And the Bank will not likely open untill Tuesday.

Send GTConnect an email on gtconnect@gtbank.com and explain everything to them. Keep trying their number. Once the voice prompt starts, press 1 and 0 immediately. You would be linked to a customer service person. So far the person doesn't know your pin, there's no damage he can do
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by medamillion(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2015
magicfingers009:

Send GTConnect an email on gtconnect@gtbank.com and explain everything to them. Keep trying their number. Once the voice prompt starts, press 1 and 0 immediately. You would be linked to a customer service person. So far the person doesn't know your pin, there's no damage he can do
God bless you 20times broz. @bolded is my major concern. Thanks.
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by magicfingers009: 10:33am On Apr 04, 2015
medamillion:

God bless you 20times broz. @bolded is my major concern. Thanks.
Have you been able to reach them?
Re: Please Help! I Just Lost My ATM Card by medamillion(m): 10:48am On Apr 04, 2015
magicfingers009:

Have you been able to reach them?
No I have not, I will definitely go to the bank once they resume on Tuesday.

(1) (Reply)

Sad Experience With This Power Bank / Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit Review / I Noticed A Star Constellation For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.