Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene (25737 Views)

Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) / Why I Am Joining APC – Florence Ita-Giwa / "I Have No Intentions Of Joining APC'' - Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by lalasticlala(m): 12:03am On Apr 04, 2015
Amid intense speculations that Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State is contemplating defecting from the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), to the All Progressives Congress (APC), a chieftain of APC and the member representing Ogbaru Federal Constituency, Mr. Victor Ogene, has vowed to stop the governor from defecting to APC.
In a statement in Awka, Ogene, said the governor’s entry into the APC would only stunt the expected resurgence of the party in the state and the entire South East geo- political zone.

Ogene, who is the deputy chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, wondered what value the governor would add to the APC, after abysmally leading APGA down the path of extinction through a combination of autocracy, vindictiveness, haughtiness and a crass disposition of self- adulation.

Ogene asked: “Is the man we are talking about not the one who, in the words of famed novelist, the late Chinua Achebe, had his palm kernel cracked for him by benevolent spirits, yet he refused to be humble. Where is former Governor Peter Obi? Where are the five House of Representatives members that Obiano inherited when he became governor? How many seats did he lead APGA to win in the just concluded elections? The questions are legion, yet very few optimistic answers.

Ogene said that under the circumstance, he would advise Governor Obiano to remain in APGA and clean up the mess he instigated, before embarking on another political voyage.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/ill-stop-obiano-from-joining-apc-ogene/

5 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by ozoigbondu: 12:04am On Apr 04, 2015
Obiano should take serious time he should better not be contemplating joining that lying party called APC or l swear i go throw him name for Amadioha shrine to deal with him. angry

This must be one of APC lies if willie is to decamp he will join PDP cos they swept Senate and HOR and is more accpected in Anambra but he is going nowhere
Willie is working cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by abduljabbar4(m): 12:06am On Apr 04, 2015
Is it his business? He should allow him to make his choice

3 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 04, 2015
everyone wana join APC now. gudluck met PDP and gave them bad luck

24 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:09am On Apr 04, 2015
PDP stands!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by omenka(m): 12:11am On Apr 04, 2015
Obiano seems to be a reasonable man, focussed and mature. He should remain in his party and rally men of like minds to form a strong opposition party that could mitigate likely excesses from APC.

Much as I support APC, one cannot deny the importance of having a vibrant opposition. It is the only way to deepen democracy and promote good governance.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by courage54(m): 12:12am On Apr 04, 2015
I want to use this opportunity to congratulate the incorruptible people's General for his victory over the people's democratic party at the presidential polls. This is a victory for all Nigerians, so let's join hands together to make our incoming government a successful one. I also wants to appreciate the outgoing president for his high spirit of sportsmanship, I respect you sir. In as much as I always criticises most of your policies I won't fail to give you credit for conducting two credible elections so far and also your achievement in the agricultural sector.
Conclusively, I want to thank all the friends I made through this journey and for the forks am sorry if I in any away took things personal with you it wasn't really my fault is just that I don't play with my believe and struggle. And I most confess that in this journey there were a lot of challenges ranging from insults and threat messages but I took them in good fate as my sacrifice for the CHANGE we all seek for. This is victory for all NIGERIANS

I also learn a serious lesson during this process that As you grow you should learn to choose your fights, ignore miscreants who are mostly bigots and semi-literates who have no life outside this virtual world, kids who only feel relevant on the www. Stop feeding them the attention. You say you have moved on, maintain and sustain the move. Stop looking back.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless General Buhari
God Bless President GoodLuck Jonathan
God Bless Prof Osinbajo

18 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by nerodenero: 12:17am On Apr 04, 2015
Well said.
omenka:
Obiano seems to be a reasonable man, focussed and mature. He should remain in his party and rally men of like minds to a strong opposition party that could mitigate likely excesses from APC.

Much as I support APC, one cannot deny the importance of having a vibrant opposition. It is the only way to deepen democracy and promote good governance.

10 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by iykofias(m): 12:17am On Apr 04, 2015
The only achievement obiano has achieve is reminding anambrians that willie is working. Nothing else before n after that

7 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by ramdris(m): 12:24am On Apr 04, 2015
Wetin I dey find hia sef?.
* hiss and walks out angrily *
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by GetUmad: 12:28am On Apr 04, 2015
With the turn of events of late, especially as APC has overnight assumed the position of the ruling party, expect exodus of even the least unexpected person to the ruling party.

OBAINO, however is the least person i would expect considering he wasn't in any way instrumental to APC's victory in his state, unlike Jigawa and Niger state governor that I believe in a way sold out deliberately(knowingly) or otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Abagworo(m): 12:32am On Apr 04, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Obiano should take serious time he should better not be contemplating joining that lying party called APC or l swear i go throw him name for Amadioha shrine to deal with him. angry

This must be one of APC lies if willie is to decamp he will join PDP cos they swept Senate and HOR and is more accpected in Anambra but he is going nowhere
Willie is working cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol. Once again I seem to be right. Obiano has the character of a progressive quite unlike Peter Obi. His joining APC is merely joining like minds that want the development of Nigeria. Victor Umeh is never a good friend to anybody. To him it is all about the money.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by ozoigbondu: 12:36am On Apr 04, 2015
Abagworo:

Lol. Once again I seem to be right. Obiano has the character of a progressive quite unlike Peter Obi. His joining APC is merely joining like minds that want the development of Nigeria. Victor Umeh is never a good friend to anybody. To him it is all about the money.

He will never join that cult called APC or else.......where are gods of our land.....willie take time angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Scatterboss(m): 12:51am On Apr 04, 2015
Obiano is my man anyday, anytine.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Raiders: 1:05am On Apr 04, 2015
APGA is a dead party. He better leave APGA

3 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by menix(m): 1:07am On Apr 04, 2015
I jst pray Willie aint pondering such..
Yes, APC aint a bad party for now buh leaving APGA is betraying Late Ojukwu's legacy.

Obiano u won under APGA considering d Luv ur pple had towards d late War lord's party nd u feel u can betray them..

Sure u will b on a political sucide attempting such..

5 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by nzeadachie: 1:25am On Apr 04, 2015
OBIANO NO BE MUGU HE CAN NEVER ENTER APC, ENTERING APC IS TO STOP THE GOOD WORK HE'S DOING JUST LIKE ROCHAS AND AMAECHI DID WHEN THEY ENTER APC

7 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by morhsuud22(m): 2:26am On Apr 04, 2015
What makes APC a cult sir?
ozoigbondu:

He will never join that cult called APC or else.......where are gods of our land.....willie take time angry

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by siegfried99(m): 2:45am On Apr 04, 2015
undecided
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Yugosng(m): 3:08am On Apr 04, 2015
How exactly does he plan to stop Obiano? With force?

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by sheymoni(m): 3:15am On Apr 04, 2015
Anambra stand to gain a lot if obiano switch to APC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by efilefun(m): 3:16am On Apr 04, 2015
When APC was campaigning, PDP was preoccupied looking & searching for Buhari's WAEC result. Now that d result is out, i think they can now see dat he passed at distinction level in all d subjects. Dis is a lesson. D bible says, when Leah was mocked & hated, God remembered her & opened her womb(Gen29:31). Just b focused because those that are looking & searching for ur downfall because
of hatred will soon see d miraculous evidence of God's miracle in ur live & just like Jonathan & Fayose are now struggling to b d first to
congratulate Buhari, their sworn enemy, ur enemies shall queue to congratulate u b4 d end of this year in Mighty name of God

5 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by ManMountain(m): 3:23am On Apr 04, 2015
Lolz. Ibo people will find their way to APC one after the other. Opposition politics in not their natural calling. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 04, 2015
This is the only available route for Obiano; if he wants to stay relevant in the politics of Anambra state. He has destroyed himself by isolating and carrying on with his wife as if there is no tomorrow.

Decamping to the APC would only allow him to enjoy his 4 year term uniterrupted but would not give him a re election cos he has allowed himself to be carried away by the comfort of his office. As long as our elections remain credible, all thanks to GEJ and Jega, he will never win.

GeJ's legacy is free and fair elections.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Ilekeh(f): 3:30am On Apr 04, 2015
Everyone wants to rub shoulder with success...I don't blame him, APGA is a dead party.

But because APC needs a strong opposition, it's better for Obiano to join the demonic PDP party.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Ilekeh(f): 3:32am On Apr 04, 2015
20pounds:

GeJ's legacy is free and fair elections.

Nothing is free and fair in the election rigging that took place in the SS/SE by GEJ/PDP.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 04, 2015
omenka:
Obiano seems to be a reasonable man, focussed and mature. He should remain in his party and rally men of like minds to form a strong opposition party that could mitigate likely excesses from APC.

I have not seen anything to indicate that obaino is anything other than a lightweight imposed by his predecessor. I doubt the man had it in him to rally APAPA into an opposition. The only in politician that may ha E been able to achieve that, imho, is rochas
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by MrBasketball: 3:49am On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmmm.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 04, 2015
If everybody decamps to the winning party,who will now be the opposition?

Nigeria politicians are just there for selfish purpose..

Not my business,if he decamps.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by joe4christ(m): 5:36am On Apr 04, 2015
hmmmm, wahala dey...
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by ednut1(m): 6:10am On Apr 04, 2015
when he join. na u go first congratulate am. yeye

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers / I Didn’t Blow Up Pipeline – Tompolo / Ali Modu-Sheriff, Fayose, At Wike's Thanksgiving Service In Rivers State (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.