Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! (86490 Views)

Etche Of River State Are Not Igbo--igbo Are Landgrabbers / Yoruba And Igbo Are Virtually The Same Language - Just Different Pronunciations / Before You Marry That Igbo Girl,know These Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by gatiano(m): 11:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
Who then is a Blackman or Black person? How would you classify one as black without taking them to the laboratory?
Ihuomadinihu:

I don't think you understand genetics. Apart from the your West African genes,the other genetic components did not evolve in Africa. That is why it is referenced eurasia,not that you are not black. There are specific genes associated with Africa and subsaharan Africa. I explained that before,a phenotype is not a sole determinant of a dna or race.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 11:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You are only repeating what i wrote before. No amount of draging this issue will solve your lack of understanding. Congoid cultures are not homogenous,so that is not valid.
I have already explained the uniqueness in igbo-jewish circumcision. Linguistic connections abound. Igbo and jewish genes come from same ancestors. At the end of the day,you are the one making the connections. smiley
There's no uniqueness in Igbo circumcision, it's as typical as many of their neighbors
because of people like you, I've decided to make it a point of duty to study rituals like circumcision on infants in southern Nigeria

Can u just show the linguistic similarities.between Hebrew and Igbo
Historical records kept by traditional Igbos talking of migration from the middle east
The haplogroup that the Jewish and Igbo gene originated from

I don't know why you relish lies
it's true what they say after all, one lie always breeds more lies to try to keep up with the original lie
Your original lie here is that Igbo and Hebrew have same ancestry
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2015
Radoillo:

There was a paper I saw a couple of years back that deals with some questions raised by this 'Gad' inscription. I haven't seen it since, but it did make a case which isn't difficult to follow.

First, the Biblical Eri lived well before the Hebrews adopted the Semitic alphabet. So, assuming that they were writing anything at the time, there was no way they were using anything like the so-called 'Paleo-Hebrew inscription' that I have seen. Simple point, really.

Second, since no similar 'Paleo-Hebrew inscription' is known from Israel,there is no way really to prove that the Aguleri 'Gad' is anything but Gibberish.

These onyx stones, what are they? You have pictures? I want to have a look.

Here is a good source of information this is Israeli news it talks about the onyx stone of Gad:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/features/nigeria-s-igbos-members-of-the-tribe-1.255034
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
PreciousBro:
Macof Is a Reprobate Dunce, Empty and Unbelievably Foolish.

What Names and Clarification Does He Seek ?

Why can't you answer my questions but prefer to insult? I just can't stoop low to ur level I would have played your dumb game but am here for more important issues like seeking what you have on Igbo-Hebrews, something valid this time
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 12:01am On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

There's no uniqueness in Igbo circumcision, it's as typical as many of their neighbors
because of people like you, I've decided to make it a point of duty to study rituals like circumcision on infants in southern Nigeria

Can u just show the linguistic similarities.between Hebrew and Igbo
Historical records kept by traditional Igbos talking of migration from the middle east
The haplogroup that the Jewish and Igbo gene originated from

I don't know why you relish lies
it's true what they say after all, one lie always breeds more lies to try to keep up with the original lie
Your original lie here is that Igbo and Hebrew have same ancestry

I already educated you on circumcision. What other cultures practice it like them.
I have provided enough links for you. Go and provide the rest and counter my opinion.
Linguistic opinions are already there,only a non igbo is unaware of that cos it's not your language.
I already provided the gene E3a for igbo and E3b for jews. The dna has same ancestors. In your tribalism,blindness and bitterness,you didn't see where i mentioned that same genes run through subsaharan Africa,you chose to attack an insignificant issue. I included yoruba in the same family and you went crazy. Who is talking about Migration. Didn't you see where i wrote that authorities believe that members founders of hebraic culture came from this region snice igbo dna is older? You are probably taking this as a jolly good ride by repeating ridiculous posts.
We are not even on the same page,am making comparisms and exposing similarities. You are the one making the jewish connection and branding. Loser like you,am still expecting an academic link to counter all i've said. I have educated you enough,it's time for you to read and learn. Don't quote and counter me unless you have empirical evidence with links.
Until you start showing your links for your unfounded doubts i wouldn't take you serious.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Fulaman198(m): 12:06am On Apr 12, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I don't think you understand genetics. Apart from the your West African genes,the other genetic components did not evolve in Africa. That is why it is referenced eurasia,not that you are not black. There are specific genes associated with Africa and subsaharan Africa. I explained that before,a phenotype is not a sole determiner of a dna or race and vice versa.

That's where you are wrong, all DNA comes from Africa. West Africa is not the only place in Africa and Nigeria is not the only place in West Africa. The problem with people with "local" mentality is that they have this "stereotypical" view on what West African is. I actually don't think you understand genetics, no offence. You can't look at Africans as a monolith, that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It's like saying Italians and Northern Europeans even though they have different features that one is "Afroasian", that's pretty much where you are heading with your argument. For someone like the Fulani or Siwa Berbers, we are less likely to be mixed...why? we are far more segregated from everyone else since we live in remote areas that MOST people would have no business accessing.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. It is what it is.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 12:16am On Apr 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

That's where you are wrong, all DNA comes from Africa. West Africa is not the only place in Africa and Nigeria is not the only place in West Africa. The problem with people with "local" mentality is that they have this "stereotypical" view on what West African is. I actually don't think you understand genetics, no offence. You can't look at Africans as a monolith, that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It's like saying Italians and Northern Europeans even though they have different features that one is "Afroasian", that's pretty much where you are heading with your argument. For someone like the Fulani or Siwa Berbers, we are less likely to be mixed...why? we are far more segregated from everyone else since we live in remote areas that MOST people would have no business accessing.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. It is what it is.
Wrong! Early Africans moved out of Africa and gave birth to other genes. Those genes where not birthed and conditioned in Africa,so it is not Africa. All these genes cannot be found in Africa as we speak except the ones that came back to Africa. If Native Americans decide to move to Nigeria,believe me,in the next 10yrs, Nigerian dna will change cos of the admixture. This is simple logic attested by both black and European authorities.
Fulanis were segregated? O gush!
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Fulaman198(m): 12:21am On Apr 12, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Wrong! Early Africans moved out of Africa and gave birth to other genes. Those genes where not birthed and conditioned in Africa,so it is not Africa. All these genes cannot be found in Africa as we speak except the ones that came back to Africa. If Native Americans decide to move to Nigeria,believe me,in the next 10yrs, Nigerian dna will change cos of the admixture. This is simple logic attested by both black and European authorities.
Fulanis were segregated? O gush!

Fulanis were and have been always segregated and still are till this day. Most nomadic groups of people live remotely and don't come in contact with others unless they become sedentary and settle down, that's just how it is. The Wodaabe Fulani and other Mbororo'en are the perfect example of this. Like the videos said, Fulani people have never mixed with others (I'm not talking about Sedentary Fulanis here who have mixed with Hausa, Mande, Tuaregs, Tebu/Tubus, Kanuris, Songhai, etc. which is a more recent mixing that only just started happening about 500 years ago). I'm referring to indigenous traditional groups that don't come in contact with other groups of human beings. The Fulani and Siwa Berbers (who live in a mountainous region out of the reaches of most people) have pure African DNA. That's just how it is, you can't change it and call it "Eurasian" when there is no solid proof from Eurocentric lovers.

All legitimate DNA and genetic tests on Fulani have said that we are indeed one of the oldest people in the world, whether you like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 12:23am On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

Here is a good source of information this is Israeli news it talks about the onyx stone of Gad:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/features/nigeria-s-igbos-members-of-the-tribe-1.255034

This is so pathetic. I read ur link and it's only a claim by an Igbo Jew
If such stone existed why are there no pictures anywhere? Why have Aguleri people not come out to back up the claim of the stone's existence?

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 12:31am On Apr 12, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Are you blind? My job is not to feed you with links. You can't say your fulani masters never slept with your women,lol. Illorin is still going through complex identity crises. What a pity!

You are daft, a really dumb pile honestly even after I've just told u no Yoruba have been slaved by fulani...at least none is known anywhere...it's so unheard of
You still keep up with this
It's obvious u are trying to insult the Yoruba people with this disgusting lie many bigots like urself peddle on this forum

Is London going through identity crisis? Because there are many ethnic groups that have indigene status in Ilorin doesn't make it less a city centered on Yoruba culture and language

4 Likes

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 12:36am On Apr 12, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Haha! Why are you denying your history? It wasn't the whiteman that wrote that one. This happened in recent memory. Yes,Fulani plunged and it's still enslaving your kingdom. I guess you didn't go through those yorubatic links. How can anyone take you serious?

You foul beast my kingdom is Ido-Ekiti and no fulani has ever been known to step into it talkless of enslaving it

Keep making a total fool of yourself and your ethnicity

3 Likes

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 12:39am On Apr 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

Fulanis were and have been always segregated and still are till this day. Most nomadic groups of people live remotely and don't come in contact with others unless they become sedentary and settle down, that's just how it is. The Wodaabe Fulani and other Mbororo'en are the perfect example of this. Like the videos said, Fulani people have never mixed with others (I'm not talking about Sedentary Fulanis here who have mixed with Hausa, Mande, Tuaregs, Tebu/Tubus, Kanuris, Songhai, etc. which is a more recent mixing that only just started happening about 500 years ago). I'm referring to indigenous traditional groups that don't come in contact with other groups of human beings. The Fulani and Siwa Berbers (who live in a mountainous region out of the reaches of most people) have pure African DNA. That's just how it is, you can't change it and call it "Eurasian" when there is no solid proof from Eurocentric lovers.

All legitimate DNA and genetic tests on Fulani have said that we are indeed one of the oldest people in the world, whether you like it or not.
Lol,oldest indeed! This is purely egocentric,when history said otherwise. Admixture is not a crime,it is a heritage. As far as i know,fulanis are nomards and stay close to the sahel savannah zone,not the rain forest where it's difficult to locate people. What happened to the lslamic conquest? Fulanis were segregated when they moved from an intensely diversed place like North Africa,lol.
Eurocentric lover? I already posted the black men that worked on your genes. Nothing is good enough when you are blind to the truth.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Fulaman198(m): 12:42am On Apr 12, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol,oldest indeed! This is purely egocentric,when history said otherwise. Admixture is not a crime,it is a heritage. As far as i know,fulanis are nomards and stay close to the sahel savannah zone,not the rain forest where it's difficult to locate people. What happened to the lslamic conquest? Eurocentric lover? I already posted the black men that worked on your genes. Nothing is good enough when you are blind to the truth.

I'm not the one who said it, both videos from the Discovery Channel and the .edu video said it. If you think that's me being Egocentric, it's more rather of you being defensive and not willing to listen. I provided you with two legitimate videos that you have refused to watch (aka evidence). Let you just want to remain close-minded. There's not much I can say to that. Those who want to be close-minded will remain close-minded. There is nothing one can do about that.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 12:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

I'm not the one who said it, both videos from the Discovery Channel and the .edu video said it. If you think that's me being Egocentric, it's more rather of you being defensive and not willing to listen. I provided you with two legitimate videos that you have refused to watch (aka evidence). Let you just want to remain close-minded. There's not much I can say to that. Those who want to be close-minded will remain close-minded. There is nothing one can do about that.
You are the close minded one. A youtube video can say anything. The real deal should be looking at what 'African' experts say about your people,afterall there are videos that say different things about mine.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Fulaman198(m): 12:51am On Apr 12, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You are the close minded one. A youtube video can say anything. The real deal should be looking at what 'African' experts say about your people,afterall there are videos that say different things about mine.

YouTube and Discovery channel are not the same thing. Discovery channel has a channel on YouTube like many other TV stations in the west.

You have Google, kindly Google what Discovery channel is. I'm wasting my time. I think I should go. Bye!
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Ihuomadinihu: 12:58am On Apr 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

YouTube and Discovery channel are not the same thing. Discovery channel has a channel on YouTube like many other TV stations in the west.

You have Google, kindly Google what Discovery channel is. I'm wasting my time. I think I should go. Bye!
Discovery channel is eurobasedcheesy. I don't expect you to reference them,afterall everything european is nonesense. Genetics is also trash and irrelevant. Nobody said they don't have west African genes,but they have an admixture. Reference what fulani authorities have to say. Why must you rely on a foreign influence network? Accepting your 8.1 percent non west african gene is not a big deal.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 1:08am On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

If such stone existed why are there no pictures anywhere? Why have Aguleri people not come out to back up the claim of the stone's existence?

Claim by an Igbo Jew? No this site is Israel News.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 1:12am On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/283304632784382365/

And "Haartz" again is a legit Israel news network as legit as "Israel today"

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by PreciousBro: 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Why can't you answer my questions but prefer to insult? I just can't stoop low to ur level I would have played your dumb game but am here for more important issues like seeking what you have on Igbo-Hebrews, something valid this time

LoL Finally, You Admit You Wanna Learn, Something You Should Have Said Prior Now. Guess What, You Can Do It On Your Own Without Being On This Thread. Bye!
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by PreciousBro: 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

Bros, accept defeat, your debating skills are non-existent.

First Of all, You and I are Not Peers To Debate, What are We Debating On ? Smh

I Wish I Could Tell You ,You are Smart Enough But Its a Sunday and I Don't Wanna Start The Week Being a Liar.

Don't Flatter Your Self, Debating My AsSs .
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by PreciousBro: 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

Come on man, the fail in your posts is beyond belief undecided. If you are going to protect your lady, do so with class. Again, as aforementioned, my hideous beast of a friend if we were to both post our pictures I'm sure I would see something I would never want to see in my lifetime ever again.

Hahaha hmmm Vain!!

That Explains The Emptiness You Carry Around Like a Disease. Yea You're Right,You Would See My Handsomeness Killing Your Ugliness ,I'm Sure You Certainly Won't Like That.

Our Monicker Speaks For Us. LoL

You Are The Fula Man While I am The Precious Man. lol

Good Riddance!!
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 4:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

Claim by an Igbo Jew? No this site is Israel News.

Here's from the link
LAGOS, Nigeria - Efraim Uba was born and raised Catholic in southeastern Nigeria, the homeland of the Ibo ethnic group. He spent 17 years as a Pentecostal preacher before joining a messianic congregation where members wore yarmulkes and tallits but praised Jesus. In
1999, one congregant traveled to Israel and
came back claiming that the Ibos were Jews.
He convinced the whole congregation to
embrace Judaism.

...father down the claim

" The Nigerian Jewish claim was bolstered
several years ago with the discovery in the area of an onyx stone reportedly bearing the name "Gad" in ancient Hebrew."

You should not the bold...meaning the stone is still very mysterious and hasn't been seen to be what Igbo Jews claim
Yet we haven't seen this mysterious stone in public found in the "area". What area are they even talking about?
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Here's from the link

You should not the bold...meaning the stone is still very mysterious and hasn't been seen to be what Igbo Jews claim
Yet we haven't seen this mysterious stone in public found in the "area". What area are they even talking about?

The area is the palace at OBU-Gad, and I have seen some of you questions your just a mad Yoruba Man, Yoruba are known for hating Igbo people, and for the Igbo to be from Israel that would mean that the Yoruba were wrong this whole time and they went against God's people, your a Yoruba you know nothing about the Igbo
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Here's from the link

And here is the meaning of bolstered

bol·ster
ˈbōlstər/
verb
past tense: bolstered; past participle: bolstered
support or strengthen; prop up.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
And
macof:

Here's from the link

And report:

re·port
rəˈpôrt/
verb
give a spoken or written account of something that one has observed, heard, done, or investigated.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 7:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:
And

And report:

re·port
rəˈpôrt/
verb
give a spoken or written account of something that one has observed, heard, done, or investigated.

obviously I know the meaning of the word "report"...I don't need this

But certainly you need this..
Reportedly:
according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true).

Apply this definition to this ..." the discovery in the area of an onyx stone reportedly bearing the
name "Gad""

the Igbo Jews gave the report, but obviously an untrue report...otherwise the stone would be made public immediately it was discovered to have "Gad" inscribed on it..till now, that Stone is Unknown
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

The area is the palace at OBU-Gad, and I have seen some of you questions your just a mad Yoruba Man, Yoruba are known for hating Igbo people, and for the Igbo to be from Israel that would mean that the Yoruba were wrong this whole time and they went against God's people, your a Yoruba you know nothing about the Igbo

Radoillo already corrected the fallacy about the name "Obu-Gad" do u need to see his post again?

you are the mad man here, coming all the way from God knows where to make ridiculous claims, not even one has been found to be true...including the bold

And I suppose you know more about Igbo all the way from Kenya or is it Ethiopia you said you from here's the insane calling me mad undecided
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
Oh! And Israel might be their God's people...every people to their God

Even ur holy book knows that...I assume you are Jewish

Micah 4:5
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Radoillo already corrected the fallacy about the name "Obu-Gad" do u need to see his post again?

you are the mad man here, coming all the way from God knows where to make ridiculous claims, not even one has been found to be true...including the bold

And I suppose you know more about Igbo all the way from Kenya or is it Ethiopia you said you from here's the insane calling me mad undecided

I said at the palace at OBU-Gad why? Because OBU-Gad is the current name for the place so of course I am going to call it OBU-Gad, I've been to Nigeria many times and I have many Igbo friends so yes all the way from Ethopia
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 8:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Reportedly:
according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true).

Apply this definition to this ..." the discovery in the area of an onyx stone reportedly bearing the
name "Gad""

the Igbo Jews gave the report, but obviously an untrue report...otherwise the stone would be made public immediately it was discovered to have "Gad" inscribed on it..till now, that Stone is Unknown

The Israel news would not have reported it if it was not true, they would of went and see it for themselves first.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Reportedly:

name "Gad""

And how do you know that it was the Igbo who gave the report? the prime minster sent the Jews done their in igbo land and the Jews were the ones who gave the report not the Igbo. It was the Israelites who went that discovered that and reported it. And yes your a mad Yoruba man
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

"
In May 1997, the ancient stone throne of Gad with a paleo-hebrew script was found in Igboland by an Israeli govt delegate under Netanyahu."

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Igala Language In Anambra State. / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.