Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 (14362 Views)

Kano Pillars Signs Joseph Yobo / NPFL: Kano Pillars Vs Shooting Stars (4 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan Today At 2pm: CAF Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by taiocol: 9:54am On Apr 04, 2015

The hosts will be hoping to reach the next round of the Caf Champions League but must first cancel their four-goal deficit suffered in the first leg

Kano Pillars welcome Moghreb Tetouan to the Sani Abacha Stadium for the second round, second leg of the 2015 Caf Champions League.

The Nigerian side were bounced 4-0 in the first leg courtesy of Mouhcine Iajour's treble and face an uphill task overturning the deficit on Saturday.

Reuben Ogbonnaya has stated that his side will feast on visitors insisting hope is not lost yet insisting his teammates are not deterred by the outcome of the first leg.

"Cancelling a 4-0 deficit is not a child's play; the challenge is tough but surmountable. It was within 90 minutes they netted four goals, we can and will surely do the same in 90 minutes," Ogbonnaya told Goal.

"Kano Pillars should not be written off. Football is not mathematics, we've worked hard and corrected our mistakes and come on Sunday it will be a different Sunshine Stars that will be on parade.

Pillars are aiming to reach the group for the first time in three consecutive appearances since 2009 after they crashed out in previous two occasions in the first round.

Emordi's men will strive to take advantage of the humid weather just as the Moroccans did with the cold weather in the firt leg.

The crucial encounter will kick off by 2pm in Kano.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4143/caf-champions-league/2015/04/04/10444932/kano-pillars-moghreb-tetouan-preview-masu-gida-aim-to?ICID=HP_BN_4Line:%201
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by taiocol: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2015
cc:mukina2, seun, tongue tongue tongue honeric01 grin embarassed embarassed cry
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Solowande(m): 10:01am On Apr 04, 2015
Forget abt d match Kano pillar don comot. This show d kind of league we have in Nigeria.
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by taiocol: 10:02am On Apr 04, 2015
Solowande:
Forget abt d match Kano pillar don comot. This show d kind of league we have in Nigeria.
Solowande:
They did it before against al haly there can do it again grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Krasid(m): 10:16am On Apr 04, 2015
taiocol:
They did it before against al haly there can do it again grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
They didn't lose 4-0 to Al ahly in Egypt then.They are definitely out of the tournament.
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Solowande(m): 10:24am On Apr 04, 2015
taiocol:
They did it before against al haly there can do it D
Keep on hoping. The only way out is 4 den to do it d Nigeria way ie bribing d ref. If nt 4get abt it. [quote
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by taiocol: 10:49am On Apr 04, 2015
Krasid:
They didn't lose 4-0 to Al ahly in Egypt then.They are definitely out of the tournament.
we know there are out, was referring to this tweet

Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 04, 2015
if i look myself finish i go foolishly go dey watch match wen i heard it clearly stated. KANO pillars""

hmmm wen KANO Is synonymous with bomb blasting

hausa ppl wey dey use bomb drink garri
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by veraiyke(m): 11:18am On Apr 04, 2015
All hope is not lost ke. Except d ref perform several magical displays my broda una don comot
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Nimblemind(m): 11:19am On Apr 04, 2015
If them qualify ehn, make i get fault.
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by paulolee(m): 11:23am On Apr 04, 2015
mchweeeee.... mk dem no waste dier tym n energy coz even Barcelona self no fit win dose fellas bt in futball anything can happen sha
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by bastien: 11:25am On Apr 04, 2015
U go fear Kano Arsenal, Lol, una go score 3,but una go still jar

Up gooners jor
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by hollistarMOB(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2015
I heard that in1950
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by crownprince102: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2015
* Venue: Sanni Abacha Stadium.

* City:Kano, Nigeria.

* Capacity: 20,000.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Aystarz: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2015
crownprince102:

The hot 2pm Kano would no doubt work in Pillars' favour, but whether that would be enough to see them overturn a 4-nil deficit remains to be seen. Pillars might win the battle but still lose the war.
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by taiocol: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2015
Taylor86:
if i look myself finish i go foolishly go dey watch match wen i heard it clearly stated. KANO pillars""

hmmm wen KANO Is synonymous with bomb blasting

hausa ppl wey dey use bomb drink garri
Is that a joke or something?
You Are such a disgrace to your household
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Havilah93(m): 11:42am On Apr 04, 2015
Overturning a 4-0 deficit is not an impossible task, but a difficult one!
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Aystarz: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2015
crownprince102:

The hot 2pm Kano weather would no doubt work in Pillars' favour, but whether that would be enough to see them overturn a 4-nil deficit remains to be seen. Pillars might win the battle but still lose the war.
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by crownprince102: 11:47am On Apr 04, 2015
Aystarz:

The hot 2pm Kano would no doubt work in Pillars' favour, but whether that would be enough to see them overturn a 4-nil deficit remains to be seen. Pillars might win the battle but still lose the war.
Pillars will win because they have 10 years unbeaten record at the Sanni Abacha Stadium. I 'm not sure they will qualify. Their chances are slim, their coach isn't that tactical to cause upset for the visitor though a top class here in Nigeria and Africa at large but the tacticalities and technical-know-how isn't there.

1 Like

Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by ThatEnyimbaFan: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
There isn't a bigger question bugging Kano Pillars and their fans other than that of, why they do so well on the local scene yet implode when in the Continent.

Glo Premier League Champions three times in a row, the best assembly of players in the League with a CAF Champions League winning coach yet they are unable to navigate past the hurdles of the CAF Champions League. Pillars are arguably the best side in the country in terms of personnel, playing style, player welfare, administration, support. Name any side that beats Pillars in these areas, none. Absolutely. There however remains that dent of not being able to land that converted trophy. What could be wrong?

Probably this has been the subject of many meetings, do we increase players bonuses or do we break the bank to sign the best players available? Who's the best coach around and how can we have him? All these things have been done but the experiments which have just not yielded the desired result. They overturned Al-Malakia of South Sudan in the preliminary round but they need a miracle to get past Saturday's opponents, Moghreb Tetouan who have a 4-0 lead from the first leg. Impossible? No but it will be very very difficult.

So what is really wrong and what can Kano Pillars do? Honestly, I don't know but I can give a little advice. Enyimba finished second best in the country last season just like they did the season before but there is something last season's stats show that have in common with Heartland. Before we go on, Heartland won the most points away last season, they like Enyimba did not lose a game by more than a goal margin in the League. It was either 1-0 or 2-1. None was 2-0, 3-1 or 3-0; but it is never by more than one goal. These teams have been drilled to perform like this. This training becomes handy when you are playing in a tournament where the number of goals scored or conceded count.

Next is Pillars' proud unbeaten home record. It stretches to 13 years or so, I'm not sure. It has moved from being a habit to some law; Pillars do not lose at home. It is a proud record and kudos to the Pillars teams down the years that have helped this impressive record stretch this long. However, I think this impressive record is playing a negative game in the minds of the players. The truth is, in football, there are days when a team is lackluster, we have seen the best teams in the world lose at home. The Real Madrids and Barcelonas of this world lose at home. Some even do every season. In other words, losing a home game is no crime in football.

The true consequence of this unbeaten record is that, the team knows that no matter how badly they are playing, they know they will not lose. For them not losing is a habit and they start getting used to it. As they step onto the pitch on a match day at home, they already know the result which is, 'we will not lose today' even without putting too much effort. COMPLACENCY all in caps. Gradually they stop relying on their abilities to step up and perform well on the day, they settle for 'some strange turn of events' that will preserve their unbeaten record. So when they travel away from home, they not only lose but they can lose by a wide margin. Indicative of a fundamental problem.

Can the club be willing to sacrifice this unbeaten record especially if it makes the team get more matured and enables them stand up and take care themselves in the worst conditions? This will build something within the team, an ability to step up their game regardless of who they are playing and where. It is like teaching a child to learn how to ride a bicycle, until you are willing to leave him on the bike to ride all by himself, he may never be able to learn to ride.

As Pillars line up to revive their CAF Champions League campaign by battling Moghreb Tetouan on Saturday, I pray for a miracle, I do believe in miracles no matter how tough the situation looks. They can score 5 in Kano on Saturday, I believe and I hope.

1 Like

Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by taiocol: 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
Havilah93:
Overturning a 4-0 deficit is not an impossible task, but a difficult one!

1 Share

Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by trak25(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Kano pillars vs athletico madrid of africa sai mesu gida will finaally be beaten at home chai sori for nija clubs they should better park the boss to avoid home disgrace
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by amwhoichose: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ok, maybe Mali vs Angola will repeat itself. Is well.
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by crownprince102: 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
trak25:
Kano pillars vs athletico madrid of africa sai mesu gida will finaally be beaten at home chai sori for nija clubs they should better park the boss to avoid home disgrace
You mean the coach should join them in on the pitch to defend? grin
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by ThatEnyimbaFan: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
CAF shifts Kano Pillars versus Moghreb Tetouan kicks off to 4pm
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by crownprince102: 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
ThatEnyimbaFan:
CAF shifts Kano Pillars versus Moghreb Tetouan kicks off to 4pm
With that, Moghreb has just qualified. Kano Pillars will have used the altitude as an advantage over Moghreb. It's now 50/50 chance at Kano despite 4:0 down already
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Deprime007: 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
Can pillars comeback from this? No hope again

1 Like

Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by Deprime007: 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
With all your tour you cant even qualify a shame. But it happens in football better luck
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Moghreb Tetouan:Caf Champions League (2 - 1) On 4th April 2015 by taiocol: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ajibel is this.....
ThatEnyimbaFan:
There isn't a bigger question bugging Kano Pillars and their fans other than that of, why they do so well on the local scene yet implode when in the Continent.
Glo Premier League Champions three times in a row, the best assembly of players in the League with a CAF Champions League winning coach yet they are unable to navigate past the hurdles of the CAF Champions League. Pillars are arguably the best side in the country in terms of personnel, playing style, player welfare, administration, support. Name any side that beats Pillars in these areas, none. Absolutely. There however remains that dent of not being able to land that converted trophy. What could be wrong?
Nothing is wrong with them, there are just trying to be a juventus

Probably this has been the subject of many meetings, do we increase players bonuses or do we break the bank to sign the best players available? Who's the best coach around and how can we have him? All these things have been done but the experiments which have just not yielded the desired result. They overturned Al-Malakia of South Sudan in the preliminary round but they need a miracle to get past Saturday's opponents, Moghreb Tetouan who have a 4-0 lead from the first leg. Impossible? No but it will be very very difficult.

So what is really wrong and what can Kano Pillars do? Honestly, I don't know but I can give a little advice. Enyimba finished second best in the country last season just like they did the season before but there is something last season's stats show that have in common with Heartland. Before we go on, Heartland won the most points away last season, they like Enyimba did not lose a game by more than a goal margin in the League. It was either 1-0 or 2-1. None was 2-0, 3-1 or 3-0; but it is never by more than one goal. These teams have been drilled to perform like this. This training becomes handy when you are playing in a tournament where the number of goals scored or conceded count.
Shiiit happens Kano pillars have the best team in the NPFL there are creating the Bayern Munich of Nigeria, buy the best player from the league and use em to intimidate other clubs but the problem is beyond player walfare, kano pillars fc players lack morals and there don't have that kind of coach who can make use of their quality

Next is Pillars' proud unbeaten home record. It stretches to 13 years or so, I'm not sure. It has moved from being a habit to some law; Pillars do not lose at home. It is a proud record and kudos to the Pillars teams down the years that have helped this impressive record stretch this long. However, I think this impressive record is playing a negative game in the minds of the players. The truth is, in football, there are days when a team is lackluster, we have seen the best teams in the world lose at home. The Real Madrids and Barcelonas of this world lose at home. Some even do every season. In other words, losing a home game is no crime in football.
The true consequence of this unbeaten record is that, the team knows that no matter how badly they are playing, they know they will not lose. For them not losing is a habit and they start getting used to it. As they step onto the pitch on a match day at home, they already know the result which is, 'we will not lose today' even without putting too much effort. COMPLACENCY all in caps. Gradually they stop relying on their abilities to step up and perform well on the day, they settle for 'some strange turn of events' that will preserve their unbeaten record. So when they travel away from home, they not only lose but they can lose by a wide margin. Indicative of a fundamental problem.
Can the club be willing to sacrifice this unbeaten record especially if it makes the team get more matured and enables them stand up and take care themselves in the worst conditions? This will build something within the team, an ability to step up their game regardless of who they are playing and where. It is like teaching a child to learn how to ride a bicycle, until you are willing to leave him on the bike to ride all by himself, he may never be able to learn to ride.
the home record should remain at least till next season so that pillars will break Madrid record for the record of longest unbeaten home record. don't blame Kano pillars players here rather blame the opponent who has lost all hopes of winning when there get that stadium.
As Pillars line up to revive their CAF Champions League campaign by battling Moghreb Tetouan on Saturday, I pray for a miracle, I do believe in miracles no matter how tough the situation looks. They can score 5 in Kano on Saturday, I believe and I hope.
Miracle ain't happening the highest there can do is put 2 ball behind the net.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID Vaccination: Novak Djokovic Withdraws From US Open / NFF Bans Chris Giwa For 5 Years / I’m Ready To Lead Eagles Again — Mikel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.