Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source (5535 Views)

Dino Melaye: Amaechi Will Be Screened Tomorrow / Photos From The Swearing In Ceremony Of New SGF, NSA & Adesina / SGF: APC Chieftains Dump Amaechi For Onu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 04, 2015
Ahead of the inauguration of a new government on May 29, it has been reliably gathered that Governor Rotimi Amaechi will be the New Secretary to the Government of the Federation. Party sources have confirmed that as the official position of the party long before the presidential election was won.

However there is an ongoing battle between the Senate Minority Leader George Akume and the Senator representing Kwara Central Senatorial district, Bukola Saraki. Although Akume has already been tipped for the position, some key leaders are expressing their preference for Saraki based on the enormity of his sacrifice for the party's success at the polls.

Meanwhile the leadership of the party is scheduled to meet in Abuja after the Easter break to continue with the discussion on power sharing
Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by theV0ice: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2015
Your post has no source and you want us to believe it??

Don't you think they'll wisely want to finish with April 11 elections before any such discussion starts?

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by seunfly: 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
That is good.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by 9jvirgin(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
SFG: Rotimi Amaechi
Senate President : George Akume
Deputy Senate President : Bukola Saraki.

Confirmed!
Signed!
Sealed!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
sanky346:
Ahead of the inauguration of a new government on May 29, it has been reliably gathered that Governor Rotimi Amaechi will be the New Secretary to the Government of the Federation. Party sources have confirmed that as the official position of the party long before the presidential election was won.

However there is an ongoing battle between the Senate Minority Leader George Akume and the Senator representing Kwara Central Senatorial district, Bukola Saraki. Although Akume has already been tipped for the position, some key leaders are expressing their preference for Saraki based on the enormity of his sacrifice for the party's success at the polls.

Meanwhile the leadership of the party is scheduled to meet in Abuja after the Easter break to continue with the discussion on power sharing

Amaechi deserves nothing less!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
9jvirgin:

Confirmed!
Signed!
Sealed!
The Senate President and his deputy cannot come from the same geo-political zone.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
I think Saraki will be the Senate President while George Akume will be the Majority leader or Senate Leader. That should be fair enough because Saraki put in more effort into the APC presidential project than Akume

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
Source: thepatriotmedia.com/p=8226
Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by BankManager(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
Same square pegs in round holes...smh for this country...

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Flets: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
Business as usual. ... what qualifies Amaechi for SGF?

For turning rivers state to a theatre of war when he knew APC was not popular in rivers state?

For using Rivers state funds meant for the development of the rivers people to bankroll and fund a presidential candidate and campaign?

For refusing to vote until he sees the result sheet even when the presidential candidates abided by local Inec officer rules?

For suspending all development projects in rivers state since after joining APC?

For suspending the judiciary for over two years for fear of impeachment?

For owing corpers their allowances for over one year?

What exactly qualifies Amaechi for SGF? I can already smell failure in the incoming government with moves like this.

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by QuotaSystem: 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
He deserves it for being the only seeing man in a colony of blind men.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Flets: 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Source required for this piece of rumour
Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by osamaBUSH(m): 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
Its about time the niccur gets rewarded angry
Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Farkson(m): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
Incredible.
Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by SonOfEl(m): 3:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
QuotaSystem:

another bigot on the loose.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by SonOfEl(m): 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
QuotaSystem:

another bigot on the loose
Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Rilikoko(m): 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
SGF is d engine room of d govt,I hope Ameachi can be magnanimous enough to handle d politics of d office and be above board.no doubt he is a workaholic and competent to hold d office,he deserved it.
I want no other person as d senate president other than Bukola Saraki,he contributed more and as well has more to lose then Akume if APC had lost d election.he commands more respect across d nation and very vocal in d now ruling party APC,as d commitee chairman on environment in senate he performed very well and admirably.with him as d senate president we can be sure of a focus and peoples assembly as it should be

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by kokoA(m): 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
sanky346:
I think Saraki will be the Senate President while George Akume will be the Majority leader or Senate Leader. That should be fair enough because Saraki put in more effort into the APC presidential project than Akume
that's not true.. Akume single handedly brought APC to Benue in 2011.. He is the face of opposition (abi former opposition) in Benue.. He won Benue for Buhari for the first time ever.. He deserves the seat morethan Bukola who just came on board last year. No doubt Bukola did very well for GMB but it's also true that GMB would have still won even if he lost Kwara.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by giantstrides(m): 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
I prefer Akume, but his state has produced the last senate president for 8 years, so that will work against him. However Saraki is a very ambitious politician, so APC should be very careful with him .

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by ABEngine(m): 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Competence vs. Political showmanship, this is a pivotal step in defining the incoming administration yet there are flutters already in most political quarters of the same party that hopes to convey change to the highly expectant populace. I do hope they are aware of the responsibilities saddled upon them.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
There are so many blocs in APC and its only natural for the party to reward the efforts of the party faithfuls. Tinubu already has the Vice President Slot for his camp. Ameachi as the Director General of the Campaign Group deserves the SGF. I know Okorocha might have one or two cabinet nominations and same for Kwankwanso, Fashola, Wammako and the others. There's enough to go round for everybody. One thing we cannot take away from the APC set up is that they parade more brilliant and active guys than the folks in PDP. They demonstrated that by toppling the incumbents despite the volume of cash the President threw around plus the heavy abuse of the uniformed men to intimidate the opposition

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by cirmuell(m): 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
9jvirgin:

Confirmed!
Signed!
Sealed!
DSP is too much a position for Saraki. I'm still of the opinion that that guy should not be bestowed with any position that involves key decision making, people like him only care about what they can get into their pocket.
And someone better tell Buhari that rewarding people with positions just because they helped him is one of the things that'll quickly ruin his administration, especially the caliber of people surrounding him.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by cirmuell(m): 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
giantstrides:
I prefer Akume, but his state has produced the last senate president for 8 years, so that will work against him. However Saraki is a very ambitious politician, so APC should be very careful with him .
God bless you, that guy is only after what he can get & what he can control.
Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by smartleo(m): 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
9jvirgin:

Confirmed!
Signed!
Sealed!
confirmed in your wildest dream
Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
@cirmuell...You are right and I understand your fear. But am sure APC will churn out the best brains. Despite their being politicians nobody can doubt the competency of their guys. Kayode Fayemi has a PhD in War Strategy and he availed himself well as governor. Fashola is definitely a great guy too and no one can put a question mark on him. Even Saraki is a pretty good material. I was at the African Agriculture Week in Accra in 2013 where Saraki delivered a brilliant lecture and some of my friends from Uganda thought he was Nigeria's Agriculture Minister. Amaechi himself is not a bad material beyond the politics. I visited the Songhai Rivers Farm initiative in Bunu Tai and I couldn't believe what I saw there. If it was to be in some other countries it will have been globally celebrated and that is one of Amaechi's brilliant ideas that I know of especially in my professional area of agriculture. I can go on and on. My take is that beyond being politicians, these guys are excellent professionals and will avail themselves well if they get into government.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by Cutesexy1(f): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
anyhow we will be watching how events unfolds

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by cirmuell(m): 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
sanky346:
@cirmuell...You are right and I understand your fear. But am sure APC will churn out the best brains. Despite their being politicians nobody can doubt the competency of their guys. Kayode Fayemi has a PhD in War Strategy and he availed himself well as governor. Fashola is definitely a great guy too and no one can put a question mark on him. Even Saraki is a pretty good material. I was at the African Agriculture Week in Accra in 2013 where Saraki delivered a brilliant lecture and some of my friends from Uganda thought he was Nigeria's Agriculture Minister. Amaechi himself is not a bad material beyond the politics. I visited the Songhai Rivers Farm initiative in Bunu Tai and I couldn't believe what I saw there. If it was to be in some other countries it will have been globally celebrated and that is one of Amaechi's brilliant ideas that I know of especially in my professional area of agriculture. I can go on and on. My take is that beyond being politicians, these guys are excellent professionals and will avail themselves well if they get into government.
Out of all these people you've listed Saraki is still the odd one out, the Songhai ish he started in Kwara State a while ago is long dead bro. I'm not questioning his abilities though just that the guy is a control freak & he's all about what he can get, trust me. People like him is not the kind of change we clamour for.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by ejiro2130(m): 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
sanky346:

I don't think saraki did more work than akume, ask anybody in Benue state,

Akume single handedly won two seats for APC and also gave APC the state, the same state where the Senate President is from
The same senatorial seat where the current governor was running for under pdp

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by darelar(m): 10:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
I trust APC that dey won't dissapoint US because everyone believe that they're going to use Amechi or Oshiomole for VP but they supprise everyone and came with Pro. Oshibanjo and I won't be supprise this time around if they change the plan to better one's

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Amaechi deserves nothing less!
Exactly! I salute his doggedness. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi, one man army!
Re: Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
sanky346:
That's RIGHT!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Has Created Another System Of Corruption - Emir Sanusi / Exposed: Sponsors Of Imam Of Peace / Photo Of Ayu And Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.