Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,706 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US (41839 Views)

@mufclatestnews Removes Editor Who Said Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen & Flesh / You Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen And Flesh - @mufclatestnews Blasts Guy / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

If you're truly making that money in Nigetia then you'll be a complete dunce to abandon that for the US.

Trust me on that. I've been here since 86 btw.

7500 naira is equivalent to 377 dollars, if exchange rate is #199 per $, so you know.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
soleexx:

And I said you don't know me!
Anyway have never been to America in my life! But have been to some europe country and I had to spent over time in the country due to some things I need to achieve...after my success I found my way back in my dear country. ..so I have a bit clue on what I'm advising the guy

Fair enough but what you are advising the op is unworkable under that condition.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
phoinix:

7500 naira is equivalent to 377 dollars, if exchange rate is #199 per $, so you know.

You haven't shared anything that blew up my skirt. How much currency exchange have you done in the past 3 moths? Care to compare receipts? wink

What point are you trying to make exactly.

Why are you guys so up in arms for me choosing an option that was put forward by the OP himself?
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by soleexx(m): 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
justwise:

Fair enough but what you are advising the op is unworkable under that condition.

For her sis to invite him!.surely she got a plan for him after the six month.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
soleexx:

For her sis to invite him!.surely she got a plan for him after the six month.

Can you think of any legitimate plan that involves hiding in the house for 6 months before getting genuine paper? Does that not worry you that somebody traveled to America with genuine visa but not allowed to leave the house for 6 months?

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

You haven't shared anything that blew up my skirt. How much currency exchange have you done in the past 3 moths? Care to compare receipts? wink

What point are you trying to make exactly.

Why are you guys so up in arms for me choosing an option that was put forward by the OP himself?

My point is that #75k ($377) per month is not a lot of money, i wouldn't call her a dunce if she quits... .

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
phoinix:

My point is that #75k ($377) per month is not a lot of money, i wouldn't call her a dunce if she quits... .

You wouldn't but I would definitely call her a dunce.

75k is a lot of money for a single upwardly mobile Nigerian in Nigeria. Of that I am unwavering because I know better and many people have reaffirmed that. Heck, even folks have asked the OP to tell them how they can get the old job if he decides to leave grin
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Encyclopedicon: 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
The fact dat am responding 2 ur qstn reflects I like u so much as I have dz unusual declination 4 typing....GO To THE US, THANK ME LATER
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by iluvpomo(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
telexfree1:

why are you acting silly ?
explain how that is silly??
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
justwise:

Can you think of any legitimate plan that involves hiding in the house for 6 months before getting genuine paper? Does that not worry you that somebody traveled to America with genuine visa but not allowed to leave the house for 6 months?

My Mother In Law was out and about the very next day here. Why? Because her paperwork was legitimate from Nigeria.

Nothing good can come out of starting your new life in a place by hiding in a house for 6 months. Or maybe OP is using the word hiding in a wrong context.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by iluvpomo(m): 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
telexfree1:

sorry bro, but u need to expand your thinking
and you need to research what I have posted

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by justwise(m): 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

My Mother In Law was out and about the very next day here. Why? Because her paperwork was legitimate from Nigeria.

Nothing good can come out of starting your new life in a place by hiding in a house for 6 months. Or maybe OP is using the word hiding in a wrong context.

Probably...because I can't imagine any loving sister putting his brother in such situation.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Archie30: 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
Drabeey:
She said she would help me travel to the States but she would keep me indoors in her house for 6 months pending when my papers allowing me to move around the US would be ready.

I'm already receiving 75,000 naira per month here in Nigeria and still single.

Please is there any advise from the house?

Sounds like BS....wow u just stay indoors for 6 months and this work permit or whatever will just turn up for real? U got mama America for a sister, that's!

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by eroticboy: 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dude make a plan. Your sister means well. Think what to do after de 6 months. Truss me even peeps earning 400k plus in naija would kill for a chance like dis.
but pray First o. Make u sabi wetin God wants u to do to Actualise ur potential. Try search for ebankole and dream interpretation. No jones o
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Probably...because I can't imagine any loving sister putting his brother in such situation.

"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness." Joseph Conrad.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by bramptoneagle: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
My brother, please pack your bag and forward march to the USA - this will benefit you and especially your own family in the long run IF you have Faith in God, Ambition, Endurance, and you can Always Remember the Son of Whom you Are, No Fraud, Don't join almighty 419ers, and don't $pend your Future at Present. No matter what, you will be far better to make it in USA than Nigeria. You are currently making #900, 000 less than US $5,000 a year - what can you accomplish with that, you cant buy land in the city, you cant send 1 or 2 kids to a good private schools, you cant leave in a good flat, you cant even assist your siblings - Don't Waste the Opportunity - Forward March to USA - YOU WILL MAKE-IT BIG where others are failing. May God Bless You in All things In Jesus Almighty Name. I am in Brampton, ON. Canada.

Drabeey:
She said she would help me travel to the States but she would keep me indoors in her house for 6 months pending when my papers allowing me to move around the US would be ready.

I'm already receiving 75,000 naira per month here in Nigeria and still single.

Please is there any advise from the house?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

You wouldn't but I would definitely call her a dunce.

75k is a lot of money for a single upwardly mobile Nigerian in Nigeria. Of that I am unwavering because I know better and many people have reaffirmed that. Heck, even folks have asked the OP to tell them how they can get the old job if he decides to leave grin

Ok o, you win.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
phoinix:

Ok o, you win.

No winner or looser, wasn't a contest, at least not for me.

"fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by SIRTee15: 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
first I disagree with those who say 75,000 is nothing. the starting salary of a bsc holder in the federal civil service is 75,000k. people get married n raise families with the amount. they buy cars and embark on building project. its all about frugality n understanding. the average wage in china is $500, yet they have the fastest rising middle class in the world. we earn n spend our salary in naira not in dollars, thus any attempt at comparison or conversion makes no sense.

now at op my piece of advise;
dont travel out of this country illegally or by fraudulent means. trust me its not worth it.
ur present status cannot get u a visa easily in any us embassy, so I dont really know how ur sister intends to bring you in.
travel out only if u have a valid visa. it doesn't matter the type. be it visitor, student, work visa. So long its genuine, take the risk and make the best use of the opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by tonero230(m): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

Your assinine assumptions likewise shows that you're "Oloshi omo ale jatijati".

OP offered an opinion and I gave him one of the two options he put forth.

Dindinrin ode omo ti awon obi e ma sun ekun e lai pe ojo lagbara alawurabi smiley

I have a job of 75k monthly in my company for you since you couldn't make it in state up

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
tonero230:

I have a job of 75k monthly in my company for you since you couldn't make it in state up

I'll pass, but thanks though wink

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
SIRTee15:
first I disagree with those who say 75,000 is nothing. the starting salary of a bsc holder in the federal civil service is 75,000k. people get married n raise families with the amount. they buy cars and embark on building project. its all about frugality n understanding. the average wage in china is $500, yet they have the fastest rising middle class in the world. we earn n spend our salary in naira not in dollars, thus any attempt at comparison or conversion makes no sense.

now at op my piece of advise;
dont travel out of this country illegally or by fraudulent means. trust me its not worth it.
ur present status cannot get u a visa easily in any us embassy, so I dont really know how ur sister intends to bring you in.
travel out only if u have a valid visa. it doesn't matter the type. be it visitor, student, work visa. So long its genuine, take the risk and make the best use of the opportunity.

Wait a minute. What is this? A rational Nairalander? Impossible grin

I completely agree with you that 75k is very good for a single person in Nigeria who has a plan for the future.

For Nairalanders who are making that amount, don't despair, you're doing good. Don't listen to those who want to put you down, they have worse in their life and just flexing on the web.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by tonero230(m): 5:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

I'll pass, but thanks though wink

you're welcome.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
tonero230:

you're welcome.

You should offer that figment of your imagination job to Nairalanders that need it though.

But we all know it doesn't exists and is just beer parlour talk grin

Here's the correct section to post it in https://www.nairaland.com/jobs wink

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by tonero230(m): 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
CityNG:

You should offer that figment of your imagination job to Nairalanders that need it though.

But we all know it doesn't exists and is just beer parlour talk grin

Here's the correct section to post it in https://www.nairaland.com/jobs wink

Ok.otu nnunu.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
tonero230:

Ok.otu nnunu.

Ok, dindinrin agbepo.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
bramptoneagle:
My brother, please pack your bag and forward march to the USA - this will benefit you and especially your own family in the long run IF you have Faith in God, Ambition, Endurance, and you can Always Remember the Son of Whom you Are, No Fraud, Don't join almighty 419ers, and don't $pend your Future at Present. No matter what, you will be far better to make it in USA than Nigeria. You are currently making #900, 000 less than US $5,000 a year - what can you accomplish with that, you cant buy land in the city, you cant send 1 or 2 kids to a good private schools, you cant leave in a good flat, you cant even assist your siblings - Don't Waste the Opportunity - Forward March to USA - YOU WILL MAKE-IT BIG where others are failing. May God Bless You in All things In Jesus Almighty Name. I am in Brampton, ON. Canada.

gimme a link to your profile on linkedin, lemme see how big you are making it.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
Rayhut:

your future matters and more guaranteed in US.
by waiting to get a stay at all cost and do menial jobs?
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by soleexx(m): 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
justwise:

Not really but I can tell you there is way to get a genuine paper after 6month in america...I won't go into details...but I know people who runs it with a million naira for a stay and work in the states...so you don't know other peoples plan until u cee them achieve a thing
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Alcatraz001:
@ Op please don't mind this people who are advising you to stay baack in Nigeria oooo, they are not happy for you.

Please ask your self if you see hope in this Country? How much is 75k? Please take this opportunity with both hands,before you know it you would start a job after getting the papers in the US. I want you to think about the quality of Life that the US offers and not the slave wages being paid in Nigeria. Nigeria jst survived a Civil War by whiskers because God intervened through the US and Britain but there is still tension in the Air.

Just sit down and think about all you have to gain by moving to a more developed and stable country.

May God give you the wisdom to make a good decision.
he remains a second class citizen and may only live on funds for refugees maybe... if he perhaps get ill during the 6 month, won't he still get deported when he seeks treatment. Remove this assylum seeking mentality and you see yourself go higher.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
tokaiki:
It is not always greener at the other end but I'll rather take the risk than stay put with a 75k job. @Op after a couple of years you'll realize your risk paid off. You can live the American dream. A word they say is enough for the wise.
what's the American dream? The Nigerian dream is much more possible. When you start thinking right and learn to love who you are.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
soleexx:

Not really but I can tell you there is way to get a genuine paper after 6month in america...I won't go into details...but I know people who runs it with a million naira for a stay and work in the states...so you don't know other peoples plan until u cee them achieve a thing
do you think he got a million naira to spare. How do many reason these days?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 / 2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.