Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,768 members, 7,798,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Letter From The Northeast To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter From The Northeast To Buhari (30808 Views)

"Nigerians Did Not Elect You As A Friday President" - Fayose To Buhari / 96-yr-old Woman Who Donated N1M To Buhari Receives First Lady Of Kebbi..photo / Hundreds Killed As Chad Forces Seize Northeast Nigerian Town - YAHOO NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by midolian(m): 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
Your Excellency, let me begin with congratulating you, myself and fellow Nigerians on this momentous triumph. It was indeed, a conquest of allegiance and sacrifice, and we thank you as well as your cohort for breeding the idea of and striving towards achieving this #Change. Looking at the other side of the coin, there awaits you a great burden to deal with; while those who keenly voted for you expect heaven and earth, due to your widely celebrated reputation, those that opposed you might be expecting the most tormenting hell, due to defamatory allegations of atrocity and dictatorship that they had heard about you. However, we in the northeast are not exempted.

Permit me Sir, to convey to you what we in the northeast would want you to begin with, in our region; we need security of our lives and properties to be guaranteed just as it used to be, have peace living like other parts of the country and have our bloods duly accounted for. To be more specific, we have a belief that there was total negligence and insincerity in fighting the insecurity that has, for six years; killed our lives, demolished our markets, destroyed our schools, razed our villages, crippled our economy, reduced our jobs, disturbed our peace, displaced/handicapped our people, restricted our movement, bombarded our wellbeing and took us far back compared to other regions of the country. It is due to that belief that, never like before, you are now able to secure more than 90% of votes from both my state, Yobe and Borno states respectively, while securing 100% the IDPs camps.

Now in the northeast Sir, everything that sustains a region/nation is being targeted at and put under aggressive annihilation. For any nation to attain sustainability, it is sine-qua-non to have all or most of the following assets in place; education, economy, farming, peace, transportation, infrastructure, healthcare services, youth, policy and information. But these are the attributes that are being massively chased with extermination in the northeast, without us enjoying the fruits of being a component of any merciful government, because the government has kept on refusing to admit that we are facing the problems, talk less of healing them, for example; when it falsified the fact that more than 2000 people were massacred in Baga, and later, after facing wide condemnation, admits but reduced the number significantly and insisting that only 15,000 people were killed throughout the span of insurgency. This kind of response causes us more grief than the damages sustained from the attacks.

Finally, for the past three years, we only rejoiced widely and moved freely in my home town, Potiskum once (i.e. on 31st March, 2015) when they announced that you have won the election. There were also strategic roads in the town that we only could pass through on that very day, in the period of 3 years, due to restriction of movements. – This applies to many parts of the northeast Sir.

I hope that lack of freedom, peace and confidence meets end when you descend the throne, and I pray that a ministry, commission or a special rehabilitation program be created to handle our problems.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,
Sulaiman Badamasi
MSc. Health Informatics (CUU)
sulaimanmahir@gmail.com

http://leadership.ng/features/423102/letter-from-the-northeast-to-buhari

19 Likes

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
Good one from Sulaiman Badamasi. Hopefully, things will change for the better in that region but don't expect an instant miracle. It will be gradual but eventually, terrorism will be a thing of the past in that region and Nigeria in general. This I'm very sure will be accomplished during president Buhari's administration.

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by CR77(f): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Seen

cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by spellingcheck(m): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Tuntheycr7: 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Every hausa guy you meet here in Lagos are just too happy..
In fact some of them act f.oolishly at the hear of Sai Buhari or Sai Baba.

Just this morning I board a bike, I tell the Hausa guy.
"Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba".
He say make I no bother pay.
After I go Mai suya, after I ordered for suya. I
tell am
"Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba"...
He say make I leave money. grin

After the Hausa guy polished my shoe.
I said Sai Buhari.. He replied by gnashing his
brownish teeth... Sai Baba.
He said : ma prend leave money... grin

Then I go Mai Shai. I tell am same thing he say
"Northerner leave money".... grin grin
WhaooO!!

Seems it's working..
I Can't wait to go to this my Hausa car dealer
in Surulere tomorrow...... grin
Who know I might be lucky to get free car.

Range sport, Toyota Tacoma and Toyota Avenza on my mind.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by seunfly: 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Don't worry, you know baba is a military general and he has been in this situation before. God will give him wisdom to tackle the insecurity and he won't wait till 6month to election to do his best.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by sammieguze(m): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
One of the main reasons why PGEJ lost the election is this same insurgency and the lacadastical manner in which the issue was handled.

I just hope the president elect will not make the same mistake PGEJ made.

#peacetoNigeria

3 Likes

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
Yawns....... tongue

6 Likes

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by mcmukoko12(m): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Sweetguy25: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by XBLadez: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
You people don't need security or freedom, coz you've just sold yourselves to Boko haram. Don't expect them to leave now that they're in power.
We're watching cool

22 Likes

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
""

Letters flying in from everywhere: east, west, north south; very soon, witches association and ashewo boys and girls association would send in their own letters. You people should allow this almajiri aboki to settle down and fulfil his promises, because there will be no mercy for him if he doeesnt perform.

10 Likes

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
abeg make I shi.t finish i go come comment, by benson don dey burn finish
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by jaybiz007(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
Keep calm, the president-elect is already mapping out plans to restore the glory of the north and exploit its full potential!
smiley

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by LewisO: 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
What a letter to the victorious man (GMB).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Billygee2u: 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
mmmnnnnnnnnnnook
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by bislab(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
noticed..... we r going to look into una case with telescope oh I mean microscope.. anyone sha abeg no lemme miss front page

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by ayukdaboss(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
[s]
XBLadez:
Abokee dem, small time you'll write him to legalize Sharia in Nigeria.
We're watching cool
[/s]
Request for a new brain on OLX, I will personally pay for the transplant. angry

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
Duly noted. Thank you Mr. Badamasi.
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by pTomz(m): 2:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
YAGA grin

May una no wori...As soon as BUbaba climes d throne of power...IT IS FINISHED cheesy
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by IamOpemipo(m): 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
Wia are dose 1500 guest I saw last week in here
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Project400: 2:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
smiley
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by all4gud(m): 2:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Good one from Sulaiman Badamasi. Hopefully, things will change for the better in that region but don't expect an instant miracle. It will be gradual but eventually, terrorism will be a thing of the past in that region and Nigeria in general.

This is GMB speaking. She is Buhari angry

4 Likes

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by onyebu57(m): 2:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmmm... Note taken
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by adorablepepple(f): 2:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
K
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by LewisO: 2:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
shinejackie:
Yawns....... tongue
Cover that mouth and make use of hanky!

3 Likes

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by XBLadez: 2:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
ayukdaboss:
[s][/s]
Request for a new brain on OLX, I will personally pay for the transplant. angry
You don't quote me when I didn't quote you, abokee!

4 Likes

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Pavore9: 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmm..the Northeast of Nigeria and the Northeast of Kenya have one thing in common, they are playgrounds of vampires who kill in the name of Religion!

4 Likes

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2015

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hnm
Re: Letter From The Northeast To Buhari by 9jvirgin(m): 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
Too many letters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP / EFCC Closes Case Against Metuh / Ambode Inspects Oworo Inward Third Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.