Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:19 PM

Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians (21672 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Easter Message To Nigerians / President Buhari's Easter Message To Nigerians / Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by lalasticlala(m): 5:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has felicitated with Nigerian Christians as they celebrate this year’s Easter, urging them to be prepared and willing to make sacrifices for greater unity, peace, political stability and progress in our beloved country.

President Jonathan, according to an Easter message personally signed by him, called on Nigerians to seize the opportunity of the Easter holiday to reflect deeply on what more they need to do as a people, to ensure that the political process the nation is currently engaged is successfully concluded and that the country continues to move towards a better future for all of its citizens.

Bellow is the full text of the message:

Fellow citizens,
I greet you all, especially our Christian brothers and sisters, as we celebrate Easter in commemoration of the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
For Christians all over the world, the major lessons of Easter, which we celebrate this year in the midst of general elections in our nation, are to be found in the Messiah’s Divine love and glorious self-sacrifice for the redemption of mankind.
This year’s celebration of Easter is taking place at a period of very critical national choices and decisions, during which we must all be prepared and willing to make sacrifices for greater unity, peace, political stability and progress in our beloved country.
We must therefore seize the opportunity of the Easter holiday to reflect deeply on what more we need to do as a people, to ensure that the political process in which we are currently engaged is successfully concluded and that our beloved country, Nigeria continues to move towards a better future for all of its citizens.
Happily, we have already successfully scaled the hurdle of the Presidential and National Assembly Elections. I am quite hopeful that the Gubernatorial and State Assembly elections will also be conducted peacefully.
To the glory and pride of our fatherland, our collective actions since March 28 have assured the world that the democratic spirit is alive and well in our nation.
By the grace of God, our beloved nation, Nigeria is moving forward despite all challenges.
Let us all pray this Easter, that God Almighty who has brought us this far, will continue to bless our nation as we march onward towards the fulfillment of our collective vision of a truly united, strong and prosperous nation.
I wish you all very happy Easter celebrations.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
April 4, 2015

http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/04/full-text-of-president-jonathans-easter-message-to-nigerians/

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by ozoigbondu: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ is my man my hero my one and only man of the century.The man of peace that proved evil America and that terrorist arm CIA wrong......bad belles that want to cause commotion in Nigeria

GEJ my second role model......respect

118 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by missbehave247(m): 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
Thanks, we really appreciate

9 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Ilekeh(f): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
Begin packing out of Aso rock please.

Thank you for the message.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by urcutecrush(f): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
Tanx ex president of nigeria.
We are waiting for our PRESIDENT text wink

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by obowunmi(m): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
I'm loyal sir.

You are a good man.

30 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Mcowubaba: 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
Up GEJ

Off topic-
All this threads/topics about Igbos will not get this,
Igbos lost out, Igbos will be marginalised, Igbos
welcomes Buhari....
Na only them the Nigeria
Make una free dem na.....
The have the right to vote/support anybody, what's d
fuss abt!!!!
NOBODY LOST OUT, DEMOCRACY PREVAILED!!!
Funny enough, other Zones/Tribes are showing
more care,empathy nd sympathy to the Igbo Nation;
on hw the will lose out in this coming Government (I
think the r trying to mock nd mak caricature of the
SE/SS)
Most Igbos I believe do not really care about the
Government (I stand to be corrected)
I noticed many of them did not come out to even
vote (in Imo, Abia, Ebonyi e.t.c over 1 million people
in each of this States collected their PVC but less
than 40% came out to vote)
I have been wondering what if atleast 80% of those
that collected their PVC in the SE/SS came out to
Vote (by Vote -I mean 4 PDP as usual )
We MAY be saying/hearing a different story now,
Hw some places have been burnt, nd State of
Emergency in some States (let's be truthful and
logical )......
Let sleeping dogs lie....
I Wish GMB the Best
God bless u Sir...
Concerned Democrat..!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by mrpackager(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Simitrendy: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
I also felicitate with you for conceding d defeat God Bless you sir and please start packing ur load and begin d transition. Signed Simitrend
y

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by psalmz(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
story for omonile,well happy Easter to nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by lirusehn(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
smileysmiley
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by PassingShot(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by datguru: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
GOD BLESS GEJ. A day will come when Nigerians will wish GEJ had won this election

A message to all Nigerian...

AMNESTY MUST CONTINUE AND NIGER DELTA NEEDS MUST BE DULY ATTENDED TO OR ELSE......

53 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ now talks less...talk about De motivation. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by aare07(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ore Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by steppin: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
Oga GeJ....na ur last easter meSsage to Nigerians as their president be dis.
Farewell.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Slimzjoe(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
I would really miss his Speeches cry

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Etumgbe(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ my man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by thithi(f): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
ummmmm
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by pieluvy(f): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nice one from GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by mrborntodoit: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
Gej is just too much!

Unshaken by the presidential election,he is still soaring higher ,even his opponents and enemies are flabbergasted by his stability !!

God bless Gej!!!

God Bless Nigeria !!!!

God Bless you !!!!! Yes,you reading this !!!!!!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
My dear president

8 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ilekeh:
Begin packing out of Aso rock please.

Thank you for the message.
You go kick am Comot? Sit down and wait for 29th March before making empty threats.

9 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by tolexy007(m): 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Rilwayne001: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
gf
He's really milking this hero tag. grin

Thanks GEJ for the inspiring message. wink

7 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by emedy(m): 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
Good Man. But Leading a very turbulent Country.

7 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Project400: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
smiley
Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
ozoigbondu:
GEJ is my man my hero my one and only man of the century.The man of peace that proved evil America and that terrorist arm CIA wrong......bad belles that want to cause commotion in Nigeria

GEJ my second role model......respect

It is well with you.

5 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians by jamex93(m): 5:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
Tanx mr jona....our tobe former president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Begged Tinubu And Akande To Make Buhari Their Presidential Candidate-Dasuki / "Anywhere They Put Dino Melaye, Whether For Prison, We Go Vote For Am" / Ahead Of APC, PDP Primaries: Naira Crashes Further As Aspirants Mop Up Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.