Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,019 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (71704 Views)

Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video) / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
I can almost swear this incidence happened in a Christ Embassy Church.

Bekwarra:
My friend who's a worker in a new generation pentecostal church (I won't mention names) invited me to his church. Although I don't normally go to church VERY EARLY, he succeeded in persuading me to go early with him because as a worker, he should be in church very early and he knew fully well that if we didn't go together, I wouldn't go; so he succeeded in dragging me along.

When we got to church, they started their normal Sunday School like chit-chat and later praises, worship songs and the service started proper. Born into an Apostolic-inclined orthodox and later crossed over to RCCG, I wasn't at home with the mode and method of their service. I was getting bored and feeling out of place while silently praying for the service to end. Then it came to things like "run to five people and tell them greater things are coming your way this week, you must run o", "grab the person beside you and shake him happy sunday". I was getting tired and shaking my head in despair.

The worms in my stomach were not helping matters, they launched a massive #BringBackOurFood protest because I couldn't take breakfast before leaving for church. The only thing that kept on pushing me on was the hope that the pastor would soon say "run to 5 people and hug them happy sunday". I would gladly and patiently look for 5 beautiful sisters with their killing mini/pencil skirts and tight-fitting shirts to hug but unfortunately, that command never came. All those times, I was feeling frustrated already and whenever my eyes meet those of my friend where he was standing with the engines and mixers, he gives me that "padi no vex we go soon finish" smile.

Just as I was resigning to fate and hoping that the service would soon end and I would bolt home the worst of it happened. The pastor had been preaching for close to 45mins harping on the need to give and sow as good Christians. He gave several examples in the bible of people who gave and later reaped God's blessings. He urged us to give and test God. After that, it was time to give offering. The offering was going to be in two parts; normal Sunday offering and the commitment towards the church building because their auditorium is under construction. We gave offering and afterwards the pastor came back on the pulpit and started complaining why people refused to give generously despite taking us on a journey through the word of God about the essence of giving in a Christian life. He preached for another 10mins. I wasn't even listening to him again because I was gradually dozing off.

What actually jolted me back into reality were these words "now it's time for operation search your neighbour". I sat up immediately to listen well and that was when I heard the pastor saying

"this is time for operation search your neighbour, search your neighbour's bag, wallet, purse or pockets as need be and bring out the contents, if there is no money there return the bag but if there is money bring it out, we must learn to give to God. He gave us the money and we must return it to him".

After all those words, people took the bag of the person sitting beside them while the pockets or wallets of brothers were being searched.

The brother beside me was taking his hands towards my pockets about to begin his own search when I said with venom in my eyes and in a Russian mafian voice

"What do you think you want to do??"

He replied me

"You heard what the pastor said brother".

I told him not to even contemplate trying it. He was then trying to pacify me and cajole me telling me there is no harm in giving towards God's work. I told him I'm not against giving but I'm against collecting by force. This is no more giving, this is collecting. He smiled at my words and said

"My brother it's the same thing, God's blessing awaits the two"

and he made for my pockets again, I felt that my phonetics were not having any effect and I replied with

"Bros abeg no try that thing o, I swear I go change am for you".

He was shocked. grin

One usher noticed us and came to us and he was trying to calm me down because my voiced had changed as my face too.

My friend remained where he was to avoid being seen as the person that brought Orubebe to church. I don dey para for them like mad and the people sitting around us were trying to pacify me. I said "Okay, no problem," carried my bible and.............................with one last Dracula look I told the usher

"Please don't even try to follow me". angry angry

He remained rooted to the spot and I made my way out of the church and straight home.

www.nairaland.com/2265539/terrible-experience-church-today

CC: Gombs, kenny4life, Joagbaje, vooks, sammied
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
Winsomex,
Am resisting laughing because I so desperately wish this is another Christian bashing joke and not the truth

#SearchYourNeighbor

WinsomeX:
I can almost swear this incidence happened in a Christ Embassy Church.

www.nairaland.com/2265539/terrible-experience-church-today

CC: Gombs, kenny4life, Joagbaje, vooks, sammied
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 8:23am On Apr 20, 2015
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men (1 Timothy 2:1). 

Interceding for others is something you do regularly, not when it's convenient, but as a ministry. You should be effective in changing other people's lives through prayers. If there's someone in the church who's not been very consistent and almost giving up the faith, perhaps due to intense trials and persecution, intercede for that one. You'll make an impact; you'll restore that life. 

The latter part of James 5:16 says, "...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"; this is in the context of praying for others; he lets us know how we can be effective in changing other people's lives. The Amplified Version says, "...The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]". When you notice some believers around you, who're not growing well in Christ, intercede for them. If you have relatives and friends who aren't born again, you should be interceding for them very strongly; don't take it lightly! Remember, the Bible says there's joy in the presence of the angels of God in heaven over one sinner that repents (Luke 15:10). 

Intercessory prayer isn't something you're casual about; it's heartfelt; that means your emotions are involved; you keep at it until there's a testimony. It could take days, weeks, months, but don't stop; keep praying, because the value of the one you're interceding for is the life of Jesus. Each one of us is as valuable to God as Jesus is. So, when you take up a matter concerning another believer, and you're praying, you're not wasting time; you're causing a changing in the realm of the Spirit. 

Sometimes, there could be people, who are carnal among us and may act foolishly; don't get angry at them; intercede for them instead. Fight for their souls, because Satan is the one deceiving them; don't let him win. Keep interceding for them fervently and passionately, praying in other tongues, until the Holy Spirit takes over the intercession with deep sighs - groanings that are too deep for words! "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered" (Romans 8:26).

Prayer...
Precious Father, I pray for increased revelation, and understanding of your Word amongst your children all around the world! I declare that the Church abounds more and more in knowledge, and growing stronger by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you for the work of the Holy Ghost in the churches, all around the world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/37#32906369

WinsomeX, this ia truck load of sound wisdom, you should do well and start interceding not creating threads making matters worse than better. You should consider building too not tearing down. I'm done here.

May God's Spirit guide you. Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 9:02am On Apr 20, 2015
Are they mutually exclusive, interceding and exposing works of darkness?

PS: Not that CEC is engaged in dark arts
Gombs:

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/37#32906369

WinsomeX, this ia truck Los of sound wisdom, you should do well and start interceding not creating threads making matters worse than better. You should consider building too not tearing down. I'm done here.

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2015
Gombs:

WinsomeX, this ia truck Los of sound wisdom, you should do well and start interceding not creating threads making matters worse than better. You should consider building too not tearing down. I'm done here.

Do you recognize whether that church spoken about above is your church?
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
A CHRIST EMBASSY MEMBER CONFIRMS THE IDOLATROUS DIMENSION OF THE CHURCH

Marchman:
I hav been off Nairaland for a while, I run my own firm and so do not have the luxury of chatting endlessly. So I ahve missed some issues arising from my earlier posts.

Let me deal with a few here.

I am a member of Christ Embassy based in Abuja and until a few years ago was like Gombs, and would defend any negative issue about the church and pastor even if it is the truth. After a while, I became disillusioned with the church especially with their penchant for giving targets and making money (''giving'') the centre of their worship. For instance, if a pastor meets a member of another branch of the church and wants to find out about his level of commitment and growth, he would normally ask that branch pastor, about the level of giving of that brother or sister. I thought this was petty and unchristianly, that the focus of the gospel has been reduced to how much one is giving or able to give. So if I give big but a fraudster it is ok with the church as far i am not caught! In fact, i would likely win awards at the yearly prize-giving day with Pst Chris. I believe this ungodly and has led many brethren to commit attrocious acst all in the name of giving.

My wife made this obvious to me when she spent money I gave her to keep for me on a pastor's birthday (Hundreds of thousands). I was furious but forgave her. But it made me to wonder the kind of message that was taught her which made her to spend what didnt belong to her. It is the ungodly message of giving, giving and giving and more giving. That is the lifestyle my wife has chosen, in spite my warning. Today after five years of working and being paid salary, she does not have one kobo to her name. Instead she is owing banks, owing coperatives and depend on me for everything. Sometimes, i tease he about her harvest and why she is broke in spite of all the promises Oyaks makes to those who give until they are broke. Apart from the money she took from me (stole is really a better word, on another pastor's birthday, she collected a loan to give in order to meet her target. How can this be godly? Meanwhile she has relatives who are in need of help, a father who is sick etc.

Thats one area i disagreed with the church. Money is not the central message of christ and to be poor is not a sin as it is often preached in CE.

Another area is making Oyaks the orthodoxy of the church. No testimony or service is completer without mention of Pst Chris. How he said this or that. I believe it is wrong, that we should focus on Christ, like Christ directed all praise to his father. In CE, Pst Chris is the orthodoxy. It doesnt matter what the bible says, what matters is the spin giving by Oyaks. E.g The Lords Prayers is not for Christians of today.

Also before the controversy btw e and his wife happened, I knew something was not right. But members (Joeagbaje, Gombs and co) defende him. I recall Joeagbaje saying there was no issue as the man used to sneak out now and then to be with his wife. It was all lies. The burble burst when the woman said Oyaks had shirked his marital duties for years and had inappropriate relationships with the single femal pastrors that often hang around him. I Imagine somebody was bold enough to intervene enough and called a spade a spade. It would have saved the marriage. But no one dares question Pst Chris. So if he teaches a gospel that is not of Christ, they would only say it is a new revelation.

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Wow,
It's a sign of loyalty or what?
Let me deal with a few here.
I am a member of Christ Embassy based in Abuja and until a few years ago was like Gombs, and would defend any negative issue about the church and pastor even if it is the truth.

WinsomeX:
A CHRIST EMBASSY MEMBER CONFIRMS THE IDOLATROUS DIMENSION OF THE CHURCH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by petres007(m): 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
WinsomeX:
WHY CHRIST EMBASSY IS A CULT

From my perspective, an organization can be said to be a cult from what it teaches and it's lifestyle. We have seen that the essential teaching of CEC is WoF. While WoF is clearly false doctrine, I hesitate to describe all churches teaching Word Faith as cults because they emphasize certain truths that still keeps them "safe". Example, many of these churches believe in Christ's deity. They encourage a heart submission to Christ's Lordship and encourage holy living. These minimums still keeps them from going overboard. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of Christ Embassy.

The following are a quick shot at why CEC is today a cult.

1. Chris Oyakhilome is their god.

While discussing cult organizations, Walter Martins made it clear that cult organization usually refer to a man or woman as their sole authority, not the bible. For Jehovah Witnesses it was Charles Taze Russell . For Christian Science it is Mary Eddy Baker. For Mormons it is Joseph Smith . And for Christ Embassy, it is Chris Oyakhilome. We only need to see how these other cult organization equate the literatures of their founders to the bible, and in many cases, subordinating scriptures to the words of their founders, to agree with me. That's the tragedy of literatures like Rhapsody of Realities, etc, in the CEC.

Chris Oyakhilome is effectively the prophet and god of the Christ Embassy cult. His members consider him infallible and the anointed one, their Christ. I am told by an old member of nl that Joagbaje, a leading CE member on nl, used to refer to Chris Oyakhilome as "Pastor Christ", instead of Pastor Chris, as he fondly called by his followers. This example, and many others like it, point to the cultism that CEC church has become.

2. Sin in the Congregation.

A leading Christ Embassy follower on this forum, mbaemeka, once commented that a brother once left CEC bc he was tired of the immorality going on in their midst. He says that the brother eventually "fell" into a worse sin where he went to. The point he was trying to make was that sin is of men's heart and not environment. The point he passed across unknowingly was that sexual immorality was the order of the day in the cult of Chris Oyakhilome.

There is no greater proof of this than the widely reported divorce case BTW Chris and his wife, Anita. Anita had stated in her appeal for divorce in a British court that her husband was known to have "inappropriate relations" with ladies in church. Those in the know refer this to the endless line of lady pastor that live in the "White House", Oyakhilome residence, in Lagos. Chris has live apart from his wife since 1999 when she left to start the UK Branch of their church. Pastor Chris might require us to believe he has been celibate since then.

A study of Walter Martins work on cults reveals that the leader is usually a sex maniac. Who has unreserved access to ladies in church. They normally have failed marriages.

Sexual immorality is the order of the day among CEC members. They revel in it. My investigations reveal that married people are even known to date other people's wives and husbands in church.

3. Fake Miracles:

Like the Christian Science cult, the CEC is also known for its fake miracles. Thanks to the painstaking work of our own SirJohn here on nairaland, Chris Oyakhilome is now known as a fake miracle worker, with his healing school, a place where the sick and the gullible are reaped off of their resources without getting healed. The story of Kenya28 help seal the fake miracles story of CEC and the more recently discovered case of a man whom Joagbaje claimed to heal of HIV but who was never healed.

Very good work Sir. I wholeheartedly agree with the submission above and conclusion. CEC could pass for anything but a church with the biblical mission of saving lost souls by sharing the gospel. I remember the man-worship (which Pastor Chris and the other pastors overtly encouraged and even demanded) was one of the most glaring signs of trouble.

With God's help, I left and so did others; some before me, others after, even up till recently. God has been and still is opening people's eyes gradually. Not as fast or as sweeping as some of us would want, but we're glad he's saving some all the same.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by petres007(m): 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
IMHO, if people within CEC can somehow understand that in Christ, ALL of us are brothers and sisters and those of us in positions of leadership are (ideally) servants and not superiors, light can then begin to flood their eyes. If a Christ Embassy Member can just understand that in reality, Pastor Chris is merely human and just as fallible and sinful as the next man, a lot could and will change. For me, that's where it all begins.

CEC members may not realise it, but they're neck deep in all kinds of idolatry, and the able warden to make sure no one gets out, is the deification of Pastor Chris. If that's taken out of the way even for a moment, I think enough light will come through to make the person aware of his true state.

I know entire families who left CEC years after I did and are greatly disillusioned now, trying to pick up the pieces. Some of them are young people who practically wasted some of the best years of their lives. Parents who "sowed" tonnes of resources they could have used in bettering their childrens' lives.

The harvest never materialized. The years, one after the other, never lived up to the fancy prophetic tags declared every cross over service by the MoG himself. The year of laughter. The year of this and that. The levels of regret and disillusionment is staggering.

I can only hope Gombs and the rest of the #SaiPastorChris crew take a break off defending him and think.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
petres007:

Very good work Sir. I wholeheartedly agree with the submission above and conclusion. CEC could pass for anything but a church with the biblical mission of saving lost souls by sharing the gospel. I remember the man-worship (which Pastor Chris and the other pastors overtly encouraged and even demanded) was one of the most glaring signs of trouble.

With God's help, I left and so did others; some before me, others after, even up till recently. God has been and still is opening people's eyes gradually. Not as fast or as sweeping as some of us would want, but we're glad he's saving some all the same.

Thank you sir.

Please permit me to put you on the spot. Can you relay on this thread your experiences at the CE. How you got in, how you got out and what the turning points were for you. I plan to put up on page 0 as one of the index topics. Please.

CC: Gombs, kenny4life, joagbaje, vooks, sammied

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by petres007(m): 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
WinsomeX:

Thank you sir.

Please permit me to put you on the spot. Can you relay on this thread your experiences at the CE. How you got in, how you got out and what the turning points were for you. I plan to put up on page 0 as one of the index topics. Please.

CC: Gombs, kenny4life, joagbaje, vooks, sammied

This one na NECO ENglish essay of 20marks o.

Will try to do so ASAP. smiley
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
petres007:

This one na NECO ENglish essay of 20marks o.

Will try to do so ASAP. smiley

Thank you.

I believe a lot of CE will be able to identify with it and it might mark their own turning point too.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 6:17am On Apr 22, 2015
Winsomex my broda,
Here is a 269 page dissertation on Prosperity Gospel
http://dukespace.lib.duke.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/10161/2297/D_Bowler_Catherine_a_201005.pdf?sequence=1

Of course Gombs and Joagbaje are too Spirit filled to rely on scholarly works, they'd rather the strong meat of the word. But they never hesitate to distribute RORs more than Bibles cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:23am On Apr 22, 2015
^^^Thanks
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Sultan5(m): 11:52am On Apr 22, 2015
The road to salvation is narrow oh only FEW are findind it out of the millions of christains. So dont be surprise with the level of ignorance and blind followin that is prevalant right now cause the bible never lies.

I have been to many churches. CE included bt i cant speak much abt it cause i only went there 1s and since then i have never felt the urge to return. Bt after hearing some of these points i may return to critically analys CE.

I like the way nannymcphee talks she talks with maturity and a lot of common sense. Bt i cant say dat for some of d other CE suporters.

Gombs and sammied kip saying that the truth is being avoided. Bt trustman made a valid point. If the point made is rubbish den clearify it 4 all to see like nannymcphee is doing. No all Gombs n co will say is rubbish, all lies or probably laugh sacarstically.

I dont no abt CE being a cult but there have been several points made in dat regard that r compeling.

My advice for Gombs and co is to sit down n view all dis from a different perspective dan your own. N ask yourselves could dis b true. Remember the pharisee were so convinced on thier beliefs that they didnt realise the truth in front of them.

Kudos nannymcphee you have shown your maturity and that you can look pass your own ideals of CE and look at it from others perspective.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 11:51am On Apr 23, 2015
CC: Petres007, nuclearboy, Goshen360
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
vooks:
Winsomex my broda,
Here is a 269 page dissertation on Prosperity Gospel
http://dukespace.lib.duke.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/10161/2297/D_Bowler_Catherine_a_201005.pdf?sequence=1

Of course Gombs and Joagbaje are too Spirit filled to rely on scholarly works, they'd rather the strong meat of the word. But they never hesitate to distribute RORs more than Bibles cheesy

vooks, this book is explosive!

I'm in chapter 2 and cannot drop it.

I request a special thread to discuss it. A PHD thesis that offers a historical perspective to the Pentecostal faith movement.

I also appreciate the fact that it was non critical academic work that can be read without offence by Gombs and Joagbaje and others. It will offer am increased knowledge on where we all cane from.

CC: sportsman
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
Thank you sir,
I received a whatsapp message by a prominent MoG, the caption was 'your words are containers of power, they have the ability to change and direct your future'. The words sounded familiar and New Age so I did a Google.....after a few hours I ran into the dissertation..

What will surprise Gombs and Joagbaje is that most of their cliches are over 100 years old and not exactly 'revelation'

About a thread, I don't think am as structured as you or BabaGnoni and if you are convinced, please start one
WinsomeX:

vooks, this book is explosive!

I'm in chapter 2 and cannot drop it.

I request a special thread to discuss it. A PHD thesis that offers a historical perspective to the Pentecostal faith movement.

I also appreciate the fact that it was non critical academic work that can be read without offence by Gombs and Joagbaje and others. It will offer am increased knowledge on where we all cane from.

CC: sportsman
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
vooks:

Thank you sir,
I received a whatsapp message by a prominent MoG, the caption was 'your words are containers of power, they have the ability to change and direct your future'. The words sounded familiar and New Age so I did a Google.....after a few hours I ran into the dissertation..

What will surprise Gombs and Joagbaje is that most of their cliches are over 100 years old and not exactly 'revelation'

About a thread, I don't think am as structured as you or BabaGnoni and if you are convinced, please start one

I will start the thread as soon as I'm through here. But first everyone must read that dissertation.

Already, I placed it on Facebook and guys are sharing it all over the place. vooks, this is what we have been looking for.

Thanks Bro!
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
ABSTRACT

This dissertation introduces readers to the major figures and features of the twentieth-century American prosperity gospel. It argues that these diverse expressions of Christian faith-fuelled abundance can be understood as a movement, for they stem from a cohesive set of shared understandings.

First, the movement centered on Faith. It conceived of faith as an “activator,” a power given to believers that bound and loosed spiritual forces and turned the spoken word into reality. Second and third respectively, the movement depicted faith as palpably demonstrated in wealth and health. It could be measured in both in the wallet—one’s personal wealth—and in the body—one’s personal health—making material reality the measure of the success of immaterial faith.

Last, the movement expected faith to be marked by victory. Believers trusted that culture held no political, social, or economic impediment to faith, and no circumstance could stop believers from living in total victory here on earth. Though its origins lay in the late nineteenth century, the prosperity gospel took root in the Pentecostal revivals of the post-World War II years. It reached maturity by the late 1970s as a robust pandenominational movement, garnering a national platform and a robust network of churches, ministries, publications, and media outlets.

Using the tools of ethnography and cultural history, this dissertation argues that faith, wealth, health, and victory served as the hallmarks of this American phenomenon.

Blessed: A History of the American Prosperity Gospel by: Catherine Bowler
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by damosky12(m): 10:29am On Apr 24, 2015
petres007:
IMHO, if people within CEC can somehow understand that in Christ, ALL of us are brothers and sisters and those of us in positions of leadership are (ideally) servants and not superiors, light can then begin to flood their eyes. If a Christ Embassy Member can just understand that in reality, Pastor Chris is merely human and just as fallible and sinful as the next man, a lot could and will change. For me, that's where it all begins.

CEC members may not realise it, but they're neck deep in all kinds of idolatry, and the able warden to make sure no one gets out, is the deification of Pastor Chris. If that's taken out of the way even for a moment, I think enough light will come through to make the person aware of his true state.

I know entire families who left CEC years after I did and are greatly disillusioned now, trying to pick up the pieces. Some of them are young people who practically wasted some of the best years of their lives. Parents who "sowed" tonnes of resources they could have used in bettering their childrens' lives.

The harvest never materialized. The years, one after the other, never lived up to the fancy prophetic tags declared every cross over service by the MoG himself. The year of laughter. The year of this and that. The levels of regret and disillusionment is staggering.

I can only hope Gombs and the rest of the #SaiPastorChris crew take a break off defending him and think.
Sir, no spiritually matured folk will deify a man of God. I don't deny that many deify the man of God in CEC. it's true. But, most of the guys who do this are the "little ones" amongst the members. I understand the ones I know are always corrected once they make this mistakes. Let's stop this act of jumping into conclusion. Pastor Chris is honoured as a man of God. But, not "worshipped". Do your observations right.
Bro, we should not conclude that the word of God isn't working because of 'others' experience. How are you sure that family really believed or just mere church goers? How are you sure they received the word voraciously? Acts 20:32 is real. The same goes for the young people, how are we certain they knew their purpose for coming to church? How are we sure they invested in the word? Because if they did, the results would be clear. 1 Timothy 4:15. I am a testimony here. The harvest never materialised? Are you saying the word of God isn't true? That means Psalm 126 :6 is a myth? 2cor 9:6, a joke? Philippians 4:19 is not true? My brother sir, don't be deceived, the word of God works. How on earth will what you never fancy work for you? It takes faith (believing the unreal) to have resulted. Obviously, that's where you had your challenges. Hope you are enlightened.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by nannymcphee(f): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
damosky12:

Sir, no spiritually matured folk will deify a man of God. But, most of the guys who do this are the "little ones" amongst the members.

Let's stop this act of jumping into conclusion. Pastor Chris is honoured as a man of God. But, not "worshipped". Do your observations right.

You are on the defensive!! you talked about maturity!! I have heard senior pastors call pastor Chris "Jesus on white suit"

I have heard, not that them say but I heard it with my ears

Will you say a senior pastor ain't mature or term him/her a "little one"

On the issue of honor & worship, the defense u put up is same with that of the Catholics about Mary but you & I know what's obtainable there

Don't put up a defense or an excuse, offer an explanation if u can & not give an excuse

Especially when your excuse will not hold water when juxtaposed with another's experience

Eg someone said he went to a CE church & was forced or taught to speak in tongues

Rather than call him an outright liar, you tell him what we really do & point it out that what he experienced isn't a CE thing & if his experience is true, the bro/sis was wrong

when a large number of folks begin to have issues & misconceptions about you, u aren't suppose to ignore but to carry out a check to see where it's coming from & how to correct it if need be

I have been a foundation school teacher, I have been to several CE churches before, I have rubbed minds with high ranking leaders(pastors inclusive:no need to mention names) so I know alot about this ministry

Some folks that are screaming here, haven't left their state chapters & they think what's obtainable in theirs is what's obtainable everywhere
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
nannymcphee, I will like to know your views on the book whose download link vooks placed up there.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by damosky12(m): 6:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
nannymcphee:

You are on the defensive!! you talked about maturity!! I have heard senior pastors call pastor Chris "Jesus on white suit"

I have heard, not that them say but I heard it with my ears

Will you say a senior pastor ain't mature or term him/her a "little one"

On the issue of honor & worship, the defense u put up is same with that of the Catholics about Mary but you & I know what's obtainable there

Don't put up a defense or an excuse, offer an explanation if u can & not give an excuse

Especially when your excuse will not hold water when juxtaposed with another's experience

Eg someone said he went to a CE church & was forced or taught to speak in tongues

Rather than call him an outright liar, you tell him what we really do & point it out that what he experienced isn't a CE thing & if his experience is true, the bro/sis was wrong

when a large number of folks begin to have issues & misconceptions about you, u aren't suppose to ignore but to carry out a check to see where it's coming from & how to correct it if need be

I have been a foundation school teacher, I have been to several CE churches before, I have rubbed minds with high ranking leaders(pastors inclusive:no need to mention names) so I know alot about this ministry

Some folks that are screaming here, haven't left their state chapters & they think what's obtainable in theirs is what's obtainable everywhere
Alright. Well, that has not been my experience in the ministry. I have heard many scream the name of the man of God in such manner, I have heard many lay emphasis on the man of God in place of the God's Word. But nevertheless, those who I have seen do these were untaught. But, one thing we must know and let people know is that it isn't the norm in the ministry. I have been listening to pastor for years, listened to so many messages, emphasis are laid on Jesus, God's Word and not any man. That is my point. To many here, it is as if CE is where people are trained to worship Pastor. It's awkward.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
Winsomex my broda,
Let me spoil it for you grin
Midas Touch by Hagin is mentioned severally so much I lost count

WinsomeX:
nannymcphee, I will like to know your views on the book whose download link vooks placed up there.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Topgainer: 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
vooks:
Are they mutually exclusive, interceding and exposing works of darkness?

Now this is one area men who help Satan to kill and steal souls would prefer to keep people bound. It sounds so nice and deceptively religious to hear fake preachers who churn out all manner of teachings say " instead of exposing my false teachings, pray for me, the same way I don't use my podium to expose any false preacher " A false preacher always feels like tearing away some passages of the Bible, like the fact that Jesus exposed the Pharisees for whom they are and passages that say have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather expose them
What this does is that captives like Gombs, look the other way when they hear and see things that are not in consonant with the Bible perpetuated by their lords.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 1:39am On Apr 25, 2015
Folks be mentioning my name, y'all have my attention now. wink

Winsomex my broda,
Let me spoil it for you grin
Midas Touch by Hagin is mentioned severally so much I lost count

I didn't bother downloading the book, but if it has Midas Touch in it, then it just got juicier. WX called Hagin a failure because of the book, and I hope this new book he's orgasmic about will make him eat a humble pie. Actually, to WX, Hagin would have been a star if not for his endorsement of tithing, and other teachings about giving.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 4:34am On Apr 25, 2015
Gombs:
I didn't bother downloading the book, but if it has Midas Touch in it, then it just got juicier. WX called Hagin a failure because of the book, and I hope this new book he's orgasmic about will make him eat a humble pie. Actually, to WX, Hagin would have been a star if not for his endorsement of tithing, and other teachings about giving.

My mention of your monicker is deliberate: to get your attention here bc you have unfinished business here.

Also, when you try to decipher people's intentions, endeavor to approximate to things they may have said. My intention for this thread is clearly written in the introduction and others posts.

The book is a well researched work that actually does not criticize the faith movement. Rather it traces their root. What a careful discerner will discover is that the faith movement finds its root in occultism and not the bible. Which is the trust of this thread. And which is my trouble with Hagin doctrines. Certainly not tithing.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by nannymcphee(f): 6:35am On Apr 25, 2015
WinsomeX:

Ok, that might take some time, am not a fan of ebooks, get tired of reading from the screen easily
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 6:51am On Apr 25, 2015
New CEC vocabulary

Cc Winsomex
Gombs:

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 8:13am On Apr 25, 2015
vooks:
New CEC vocabulary

Cc Winsomex

Really? CE vocabulary? Are you this crude? Son! You are getting too old for frivolity. undecided

Check out sense 2, and what if I meant sense 1? You've constantly said I ignored issues and go the other way, but see how hypocritical you are... Of all I wrote, orgasmic caught your attention. Then what, you made an issue outta it "CE Vocabulary".

Well, you both can now discuss it at length as occultism term, used in CE, I'd not be surprised. smiley

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 8:25am On Apr 25, 2015
nannymcphee:

Ok, that might take some time, am not a fan of ebooks, get tired of reading from the screen easily

This one is worth the effort. I need your input on the thread I will open on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Masturbation? / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.