Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,898 members, 7,799,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (71650 Views)

Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video) / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 8:27am On Apr 25, 2015
How often does Oyaks use ORGASMIC during his services?
I need one of his ORGASMIC sermons like now
I bet the way Joagbaje went against his wager with SirJohn was ORGASMIC?
Or the way gutter press sensationalized Oyaks divorce...they went ORGASMIC grin
Gombs:

Really? CE vocabulary? Are you this crude? Son! You are getting too old for frivolity. undecided

Check out sense 2, and what if I meant sense 1? You've constantly said I ignored issues and go the other way, but see how hypocritical you are... Of all I wrote, orgasmic caught your attention. Then what, you made an issue outta it "CE Vocabulary".

Well, you both can now discuss it at length as occultism term, used in CE, I'd not be surprised. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 8:28am On Apr 25, 2015
WinsomeX:

My mention of your monicker is deliberate: to get your attention here bc you have unfinished business here.

I knew they were deliberate, but you bidded some of us goodbye, in the illusion of you not being here to debate, but to warn folks. Glad you see clearly now, you and vooks almost turned this thread to whatsapp chat between two friends.

Well, I'm here now. Thanks for the IV.

Also, when you try to decipher people's intentions, endeavor to approximate to things they may have said. My intention for this thread is clearly written in the introduction and others posts.

For the latter part of your post, me thinks you've deviated not once or twice or thrice. You've left the original book, quoted some other totally different things, but you have a way of bringing it all to Occultism. Now, it's the faith movement that's Occultic and no longer CE. cheesy

The book is a well researched work that actually does not criticize the faith movement. Rather it traces their root. What a careful discerner will discover is that the faith movement finds its root in occultism and not the bible. Which is the trust of this thread. And which is my trouble with Hagin doctrines. Certainly not tithing.

Hagin has no doctrine, what he preached are well furnished in the good book (vooks will call this CE vocabulary). You are yet to disprove any... Not even speaking in tongues, a topic sportsman gave you a refresher course on.

I'll be watching

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 8:35am On Apr 25, 2015
vooks:

Eyaaaa... CE vocabulary

[img]http://.net/i/759.gif[/img]

Quit whining and crying over nothing

But... Pastor Chris they said we copy everything from does not use the word orgasmic? Wow grin cry cry

If he doesn't use it, how then is it a CE vocabulary? undecided grin

cry

Get serious son! It's Saturday, go do something creative. Or, ruminate on the pic below, we might have a breakthrough grin

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 8:46am On Apr 25, 2015
A little devotion with the lads ain't a bad idea now, is it? cheesy

Kunle, I spot you joor...join us biko wink

Life Without Limits · Saturday, April 25th

Pastor Chris

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life (2 Corinthian 3:5-6).

The society can place limits on us; our family background can place limits on us; the nation where we live, our education, our job description, our business, our finances can place limits on us. Anything could place a limit on you. But our opening verse shows that there’s a life without limits.

Someone might think, "Does such a life really exist?" Well, if you don’t know about such a glorious life, you’ll never live it. If you’ve never had it, why would you think there’s none? After all, there was a time it seemed impossible to fly an airplane, and many thought the speed was too much, and no one would survive in it.

There’re many things that people thought were impossible many years ago that have become commonplace today. There’s a life without limits. And that’s the life that Jesus brought to the world. Notice again what the opening verse says: "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God." The Greek word translated "sufficient" is "hikanotes." It actually means competence. Our competence or our ability to perform, is of God. This indicates an exchange here: God has given us His ability, or His own competence, such that when we function, we don’t have to function with human ability, but with God’s ability, which is limitless.

What you have to then understand as a child of God is how to function beyond your human ability. Colossians 1:27 says "…Christ in you, the hope of glory." Now that you’re born again, you’re not an ordinary person. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." Thus, old limitations, troubles, pains etc., are passed away, and all things are now new. You’ve been ushered into a life of limitless possibilities, unending victories, and eternal glory! Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me of your own competence, such that I don’t rely on my human abilities, but your ability. Therefore, I can do all things through Christ who empowers and strengthens me for the supernatural life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further study:
2 Corinthians 4:7; But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Colossians 1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

1 years Bible Reading Plan: 1 Samuel 23-25 Luke 21:5-38

2 year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 5:14-20 Leviticus 25

Be right back.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 8:59am On Apr 25, 2015
vooks:
New CEC vocabulary

Cc Winsomex

Gombs:

Really? CE vocabulary? Are you this crude? Son! You are getting too old for frivolity. undecided

Check out sense 2, and what if I meant sense 1?
You've constantly said I ignored issues and go the other way, but see how hypocritical you are...
Of all I wrote, orgasmic caught your attention. Then what, you made an issue outta it "CE Vocabulary".

Well, you both can now discuss it at length as occultism term, used in CE, I'd not be surprised. smiley

vooks:

Gombs:
Eyaaaa... CE vocabulary

But... Pastor Chris they said we copy everything from does not use the word orgasmic? Wow grin cry cry

cry

Get serious son! It's Saturday, go do something creative. Or, ruminate on the pic below, we might have a breakthrough grin
Whats with the crocodile tears?
Why dont you see that vooks is winding you up, playing prude with you and not being crude?
Give it a rest, if you havent got ORGASMIC posts to upload

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2015
Quite an ORGASMIC delivery on this post grin
Do you have any ORGASMIC verse for me today?
Gombs:

Eyaaaa... CE vocabulary

cry

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 9:06am On Apr 25, 2015
WinsomeX:
vooks, this book is explosive!

I'm in chapter 2 and cannot drop it.

I request a special thread to discuss it. A PHD thesis that offers a historical perspective to the Pentecostal faith movement.

I also appreciate the fact that it was non critical academic work that can be read without offence by Gombs and Joagbaje and others.
It will offer am increased knowledge on where we all cane from.

CC: sportsman

aT LeAST sHE iS sOMEONE nOT aFRAID OR aSHAMED tO sHARE hER pHD aLMA mATER

This is a winsome book.
It is 2013 hence so fresh
It is a fetching, captivating and so fresh book, authored in 2013 hence still relevant.
It grabs your interest, right from "Acknowledgements" to the end of last page at the end.

No holds barred quite thorough written, even Winners Chapel, The Redeemed Christian Church of God and Faith Tabernacle got mentions

The "Acknowledgements" is so touching and beautiful. It was a family all hands on deck moral support book

The usual red flags of the pastor's wife given the "First Lady” traditional title, spotting a Word of Faith magazine on the table, the official publication of the flagship Word of Faith institution and noticing the hidden structures of the Faith movement showing up as you read the beginning of the "Introduction" was laughable

Mentioning ministerial connections, that connection was the lifeblood of independent ministries, and conferences pumped fresh faces and crowds into circulation and that Rhema Bible Training Center and Oral Roberts University energized the Faith movement is so very true

Writing about "Believers FERRETED out the meaning of God’s many names for personal use" was epic

She wrote another laughable with "Kenneth Hagin Jr., for example, later attempted to temper this preoccupation with the denying of illness, arguing that those who refused to admit they were sick were not being faithful—they were liars."

It was funny reading that Kenneth E. Hagin gave Frederick Price a "promotion" and the latter had a spat with his spiritual mentor's son Kenneth Hagin Jr., in 1992, saying:
“Don’t shake my hand and give a charismatic hug and act as if you love me when you really see me as a nigger.”62
Racism, he continued, thrived in America with the church’s permission.63
62 Frederick Price, Race, Religion & Racism (Los Angeles, CA: Faith One Publications, 1999), 29.
63 Price, Race, Religion, & Racism, 131.

Historical recapitulation indeed, hin don tay wey yansh don dey for back

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

Whats with the crocodile tears?
Why dont you see that vooks is winding you up, playing prude with you and not being crude?
Give it a rest, if you havent got ORGASMIC posts to upload

Yeah... Right!

You must think I'm trustman
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 9:14am On Apr 25, 2015
Gombs:
Yeah... Right!

You must think I'm trustman
How absurd?. Thank you for giving me the laugh with that gif

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2015
vooks:
Winsomex my broda,
Let me spoil it for you grin
Midas Touch by Hagin is mentioned severally so much I lost count

Gombs:
Folks be mentioning my name, y'all have my attention now. wink

I didn't bother downloading the book, but if it has Midas Touch in it, then it just got juicier.
WX called Hagin a failure because of the book, and I hope this new book he's orgasmic about will make him eat a humble pie.
Actually, to WX, Hagin would have been a star if not for his endorsement of tithing, and other teachings about giving.

WinsomeX:
My mention of your monicker is deliberate: to get your attention here bc you have unfinished business here.

Also, when you try to decipher people's intentions, endeavor to approximate to things they may have said. My intention for this thread is clearly written in the introduction and others posts.

The book is a well researched work that actually does not criticize the faith movement. Rather it traces their root.

What a careful discerner will discover is that the faith movement finds its root in occultism and not the bible. Which is the trust of this thread. And which is my trouble with Hagin doctrines. Certainly not tithing
Kenneth Hagin later repented of his own teaching on the matter:
“I no longer tell people to expect the hundredfold return on their
offerings. I just stay with what the Word of God says:
‘Give and it shall be given unto you;
good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over . . .’ (Luke 6:38).
I always claim the ‘running over’ blessing.”52
52 Hagin, The Midas Touch, 153

Late in life, the elderly Hagin fretted over the frenzy surrounding end-time wealth transfers.
“I think we need to be careful about coveting the world’s money,” he warned.58
58 Hagin, The Midas Touch, 171.

The elderly Kenneth Hagin penned The Midas Touch to correct some of the abuses of the movement he helped shape,
forbidding ministers from “lead[ing] people to believe that prosperity means conspicuous, lavish wealth.
It simply is not true that everyone who has faith for prosperity will live in a palace, drive a luxurious car,
and dress in expensive designer label clothes.”101
101 Hagin, The Midas Touch, 94–95.

Innovative tithing rituals compelled members to present their donations before curious eyes.

Lynette Hagin, Kenneth E. Hagin’s daughter-in-law, introduced a tithing convention adopted by many Word of Faith churches.

Participants raised their tithing envelopes in the air and repeated this offering prayer by heart

This is my seed. I sow it into the Kingdom of God. I sow because I love God and want to see [insert name of church] continue to fulfill what God has called us to do.
I believe that as I sow my seed, it shall be given unto me—good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over! It shall come back to me in many ways!
I thank You, Lord, for good opportunities coming my way. I thank You that the windows of Heaven are opening because of my obedience to sow my seed.
I thank You, Lord, for the favor of God upon my life and the grace to prosper, as You have promised me in Your Word.90
90 Lynette Hagin, “Offering Prayer,”
http://www.rhemabiblechurch.com/PDFs/Bulletins/Bulletin112209.pdf (accessed December 20, 2009).
This practice served as a continuation of the historic Pentecostal emphasis on palpability,
contrary to the common assumption that this was a movement characterized only by spirit.

The message that Faith works proved so successful that no one, not even Hagin, could take it back.
Shame the allure of money was too strong for Hagin to make a truthful public stand on money-tithing like he did when he chastised Copeland and Co for their excessive focus on prosperity gospel money
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 9:42am On Apr 25, 2015
^^
Although you have a new moniker, it still doesn't mean you have a new mind or thinking ability different from the old. Stop twisting Hagin's words and quoting outta text to suit your cause.

Seems you all need a mind refresher... Well, here we go.

https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical

It was a well discussed thread on the book (a feat Winsomex can't seem to do about any book he brings up)... A staggering 102page thread. A thread worthy of front page... And it sure did.

Now, kindly go through it(I like to assume you had not have this discourse , as you now have a new moniker)... Locate the quotes you took above, read the whole text or page... Hagin, is and was a well bred teacher,(oh! I remember on that thread, nlmediator whopping WX on this issue) who checked the excesses of giving and it's teaching... In fact, let me water your dry mind a bit

Throughout the history of the Church, there have been extreme applications of almost every basic truth or doctrine, including issues such as baptism, resurrection, the Trinity, ministry gifts, divine healing, and the walk of faith. The topic of money and prosperity is no exception. [size=16pt]There are those in the ditch on one side of the road who teach that Jesus lived in abject poverty, that money is evil, and that biblical prosperity has nothing at all to do with material things. And in the other ditch, there are people who are preaching that getting rich is the main focus of faith, that God's main concern is your material well- being, and that money is the true measure of spirituality. [/size]

Where is the truth? It's found far away from both extremes, on much higher ground.
In this time of affluence and abundance, there is increasing concern among responsible Christian leaders over the alarming increase of confusion, error, and extremism regarding the prosperity message. I feel compelled to speak out to the Church at large about these issues and especially to address the subject of finances and giving. This book is an effort to bring clarity and understanding to those honestly seeking to find the main road of truth concerning biblical prosperity.

I suspect that there are a great many people—Christians and non-Christians alike—who, like the mythical Midas, have discovered that there is no lasting joy in things money can buy and that prosperity without eternal purpose leads to disappointment and dissatisfaction.

I want to share with you the truths I have learned through careful study and application of God's Word and by diligently listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit. I pray the truths in this book will help you gain a balanced, practical, and biblically sound understanding of the subject of prosperity and also help you maintain that balance as you travel the road of God's best.
—Kenneth E. Hagin

https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical#27284303
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2015
Gombs:
^^
Stop twisting Hagin's words and quoting outta text to suit your cause.
There arent my words or quotes
the words and quotes are from Kate's book
so if you want to grumble, vent it out with Kate
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2015
It's clear Midas Touch was a regret letter to all victims of Faith Movement both here and elsewhere...actually everywhere apart from WOFers like Gombs. You need to go through the Midas thread to see the amount of semantics they entertained to avoid the OBVIOUS conclusions from the book.

Jehovah's Witnesses once had a no-blood transfusion policy/doctrine and so many deaths later, they revised the policy. Initially they watered it down and reasoned that transfusion of blood components such as plasma is not eating blood while total transfusion is. They could not afford to admit their lethal errors seeing they are Jehovah's voice on earth. Likewise, Hagin restrained himself from totally censuring the garbage he spent a better part of his life preaching and from which he gained personally.

MuttleyLaff:

There arent my words or quotes
the words and quotes are from Kate's book
so if you want to grumble, vent it out with Kate
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 10:11am On Apr 25, 2015
vooks:
It's clear Midas Touch was a regret letter to all victims of Faith Movement both here and elsewhere...
actually everywhere apart from WOFers like Gombs.

You need to go through the Midas thread to see the amount of semantics they entertained to avoid the OBVIOUS conclusions from the book.

Jehovah's Witnesses once had a no-blood transfusion policy/doctrine and so many deaths later, they revised the policy.
Initially they watered it down and reasoned that transfusion of blood components such as plasma is not eating blood while total transfusion is. They could not afford to admit their lethal errors seeing they are Jehovah's voice on earth.
Likewise, Hagin restrained himself from totally censuring the garbage he spent a better part of his life preaching and from which he gained personally
He doesnt think it's a regret letter
The Midas thread opened is that ORGASMIC, bet he gets refresher "avoid the OBVIOUS" kicks revisiting it.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2015
vooks:
It's clear Midas Touch was a regret letter to all victims of Faith Movement both here and elsewhere...actually everywhere apart from WOFers like Gombs. You need to go through the Midas thread to see the amount of semantics they entertained to avoid the OBVIOUS conclusions from the book.

Jehovah's Witnesses once had a no-blood transfusion policy/doctrine and so many deaths later, they revised the policy. Initially they watered it down and reasoned that transfusion of blood components such as plasma is not eating blood while total transfusion is. They could not afford to admit their lethal errors seeing they are Jehovah's voice on earth. Likewise, Hagin restrained himself from totally censuring the garbage he spent a better part of his life preaching and from which he gained personally.

Very well said.

MuttleyLaff thank you for those excerpts. The book is quite revealing.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2015
Gombs:

I knew they were deliberate, but you bidded some of us goodbye, in the illusion of you not being here to debate, but to warn folks. Glad you see clearly now, you and vooks almost turned this thread to whatsapp chat between two friends.
Well, I'm here now. Thanks for the IV.

I bided you goodbye after the umpteenth time you said you were leaving. I understand that you are like Lot's wife: your heart is actually here in this thread but you pretend to be running elsewhere. My mentions can be ignored you know if you really do not want to partake in the thread. The same way I ignore the hundreds of mentions of my monicker by you and kenny4life in other threads. As if WX comments gives you both "orgasmic" pleasures. If I mention you anywhere here, it is bc I am convinced the matter will be beneficial to you.

I'm still not here for debates.

Gombs:

For the latter part of your post, me thinks you've deviated not once or twice or thrice. You've left the original book, quoted some other totally different things, but you have a way of bringing it all to Occultism. Now, it's the faith movement that's Occultic and no longer CE. cheesy

That's what you think. A lot of folks who think the way you think are really spiritually endangered folks and that's why we have this thread.

If this is the first time you will read me connect WoF and Hagin with occultism, you obviously have not been reading me well.

I hope you can find the state of mind to read that book by Kate. It will help you.

Gombs:

Hagin has no doctrine, what he preached are well furnished in the good book (vooks will call this CE vocabulary). You are yet to disprove any... Not even speaking in tongues, a topic sportsman gave you a refresher course on.

Find a dictionary and locate what doctrine means. As long as anyone teaches anything, he teaches a doctrine. It is Hagin doctrine in this case bc the doctrines find no root in scriptures, church history or any Christian tradition. But how will you know when you won't even read.

Gombs:

I'll be watching

Goodluck. Be my guest.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
Gombs:
A little devotion with the lads ain't a bad idea now, is it? cheesy

Kunle, I spot you joor...join us biko wink

Be right back.

This passage:
2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 

primarily has to do with change in the believer's spiritual status. Not the physical. If applied to Paul who wrote it the added comments by your m-o-g cannot find a place. 

Start reading from verse one and see if Paul's flow of thought lines up with your devotional. 

Go to chapter 6 and read particularly verses 4 & 5 then go down to verse 10 and you'll agree then that what Paul was talking about in 2 Cor. 5:17 has little to do with " a life of limitless possibilities".
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
trustman:

This passage:
2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 

primarily has to do with change in the believer's spiritual status. Not the physical. If applied to Paul who wrote it the added comments by your m-o-g cannot find a place. 

Start reading from verse one and see if Paul's flow of thought lines up with your devotional. 

Go to chapter 6 and read particularly verses 4 & 5 then go down to verse 10 and you'll agree then that what Paul was talking about in 2 Cor. 5:17 has little to do with " a life of limitless possibilities". 

Hey... What pastor was referring to was simply,..... Darn! Read the last paragraph again... This time slowly.

By the way, I'm watching the Loveworld Festival of Music and Arts carnival (Day 2) happening live in SA. See my mentor flexing, mehn...watch out for the impact of this program. Many shall come to the knowledge of Christ through music and arts.

I'd soon share some videos.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
Gombs:
Hey... What pastor was referring to was simply,..... Darn! Read the last paragraph again... This time slowly.

By the way, I'm watching the Loveworld Festival of Music and Arts carnival (Day 2) happening live in SA.
See my mentor flexing, mehn...watch out for the impact of this program.
Many shall come to the knowledge of Christ through music and arts.

I know most Christians do wear "masks" as it were.
Being that we don't let people in and that we try to hide our true selves behind a mask.

Know you said it is a carnival
but what's with this Mardi Gras mask aspect Pastor Chris is putting on now. Hmm.
Should in case, you start quoting Exodus 34:33, first remember 2 Corinthians 3:13
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

I know most Christians do wear "masks" as it were.
Being that we don't let people in and that we try to hide our true selves behind a mask.

Know you said it is a carnival
but what's with this Mardi Gras mask aspect Pastor Chris is putting on now. Hmm.
Should in case, you start quoting Exodus 34:33, first remember 2 Corinthians 3:13

Everything he does is sure an issue. WX, add this to list of cultists activities grin

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
Gombs:
Everything he does is sure an issue. WX, add this to list of cultists activities grin
Knew you'll lighten up, as you know am always teasing and humouring you with banter grin
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

Knew you'll lighten up, as you know am always teasing and humouring you with banter grin

He looks cultic here, no? grin

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:
He looks cultic here, no? grin
Erm, more Mardi Gras like, if you really like to know grin
Compare his mask and gear he wore with https://www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/11#33097506
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:

By the way, I'm watching the Loveworld Festival of Music and Arts carnival (Day 2) happening live in SA. See my mentor flexing, mehn...watch out for the impact of this program. Many shall come to the knowledge of Christ through music and arts.

You are the one who hasn't taken to read my post and the passages of scripture I referred you to. As usual you have taken a position that your devotional and 'hero' must be right and every other person wrong. 

You may choose to revel in your new role as an e-comedian in NL. That is your business. 

If CE chooses to become world class entertainer holding carnivals all over the world so be it. 

God's work must be done in His own way to merit and receive His acceptance. 

If you actually went through this my post:
"This passage:

Go to chapter 6 and read particularly verses 4 & 5 then go down to verse 10 and you'll agree then that what Paul was talking about in 2 Cor. 5:17 has little to do with " a life of limitless possibilities"
."
you would have seen clearly that that portion of scripture goes against the last paragraph of your devotional.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 9:32am On Apr 27, 2015
vooks, trustman, nannymcphee, candour, muttleylaff, and others, a discission is about to commence on a Facebook group Open Congregation on the book vooks supplied above. I invite you all to join it.

https://m./114614961953827?view=permalink&id=825134217568561&_rdr

You might need to join the group to comment. It is a closed group with a moderator who will accept your request. You may speed up your acceptance by sending a private message explaining you're joining bc of Kate's book.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2015
Thanks

WinsomeX:
vooks, trustman, nannymcphee, candour, muttleylaff, and others, a discission is about to commence on a Facebook group Open Congregation on the book vooks supplied above. I invite you all to join it.

You might need to join the group to comment. It is a closed group with a moderator who will accept your request. You may speed up your acceptance by sending a private message explaining you're joining bc of Kate's book.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
WinsomeX:

Hmmmmmmm...

I visited that link and had a laugh. It'll end like most of your NL threads, but of more concern is the nairalanders you're luring there. For example, I just finished viewing the profiles of 3 nairalanders I know, including PastorKun...he has weird posts and sense of humor sha.. But lovely family kiss

DB, you look good though.. Grace is working bro! Have a great day

All who visit there do so at their own risk. I'd just read on and humor myself.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
Gombs:

All who visit there do so at their own risk. I'd just read on and humor myself.

In other words, they shouldn't go there.

By now should you not have realized that your "spiritual" threats don't work on most folks on this thread. If Oyakhilome has succeeded in binding you up in fear so much that you cannot question the obvious lapses in his life, should others end up in a similar spiritual bandage?

4 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
WinsomeX:

In other words, they shouldn't go there.

By now should you not have realized that your "spiritual" threats don't work on most folks on this thread. If Oyakhilome has succeeded in binding you up in fear so much that you cannot question the obvious lapses in his life, should others end up in a similar spiritual bandage?

grin grin

I dedicate this thread to you

https://www.nairaland.com/2280115/opinion-5-reasons-why-nairaland
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 4:51am On Apr 28, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

aT LeAST sHE iS sOMEONE nOT aFRAID OR aSHAMED tO sHARE hER pHD aLMA mATER

This is a winsome book.
It is 2013 hence so fresh
It is a fetching, captivating and so fresh book, authored in 2013 hence still relevant.
It grabs your interest, right from "Acknowledgements" to the end of last page at the end.

No holds barred quite thorough written, even Winners Chapel, The Redeemed Christian Church of God and Faith Tabernacle got mentions

The "Acknowledgements" is so touching and beautiful. It was a family all hands on deck moral support book

The usual red flags of the pastor's wife given the "First Lady” traditional title, spotting a Word of Faith magazine on the table, the official publication of the flagship Word of Faith institution and noticing the hidden structures of the Faith movement showing up as you read the beginning of the "Introduction" was laughable

Mentioning ministerial connections, that connection was the lifeblood of independent ministries, and conferences pumped fresh faces and crowds into circulation and that Rhema Bible Training Center and Oral Roberts University energized the Faith movement is so very true

Writing about "Believers FERRETED out the meaning of God’s many names for personal use" was epic

She wrote another laughable with "Kenneth Hagin Jr., for example, later attempted to temper this preoccupation with the denying of illness, arguing that those who refused to admit they were sick were not being faithful—they were liars."

It was funny reading that Kenneth E. Hagin gave Frederick Price a "promotion" and the latter had a spat with his spiritual mentor's son Kenneth Hagin Jr., in 1992, saying:
“Don’t shake my hand and give a charismatic hug and act as if you love me when you really see me as a nigger.”62
Racism, he continued, thrived in America with the church’s permission.63
62 Frederick Price, Race, Religion & Racism (Los Angeles, CA: Faith One Publications, 1999), 29.
63 Price, Race, Religion, & Racism, 131.

Historical recapitulation indeed, hin don tay wey yansh don dey for back

Thanx for posting. I will check it out.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 5:46am On Apr 28, 2015
WinsomeX:
OTHERS

Other proof of the cultic nature of CEC is their violence and hate. There have been numerous occasions in which people have tried to investigate the church and have ended being beaten black and blue. A lady who supplied screen to their recently concluded ministers conference was beaten because she demanded to be paid for her services.

As for hate, readers can just sit back and see the response of Christ Embassy members to this thread. How they very easily dodge issues and aim diatribes at the critic's personality or personal lives. When this is not sufficient, they then begin to rain down curses or resort to cheap spiritual blackmail.

CEC members all talk like Pastor Chris; they dress like him; they copy his gesticulations and style. They seek to be like Chris Oyakhilome and not Christ.

I understand that CEC members read mostly Oyakhilome publications. If they would read anything else, it must be from the error of other Word of Faith preachers.

Members marry only members. There is a perversive demand for money in the church, to the extent that member "sow" all their possessions and money to church. It is not uncommon to find members begging people for money to give for offering. Recently, the church began demanding money for New Year morning services. Stories of people defrauding their companies to give to church abound in the dailies. The atrocities are endless.

The biggest proof of the cult of CEC is the freedom they deny their members. Members cannot critique Oyakhilome. If you do, the threat of a curse is issued. There is a bondage to fit the "successful mold" - the impression that you have made it, so members have no qualms selling all they have so as to give to the endless demand for "pledges".

Conclusion.

It was difficult for me to conclude that CEC is a cult but having read Walter Martins, I couldn't help but do so. Christ Embassy members claim to win souls for Christ but the truth is that they are making these people twice the son of hell that they really are. This is a desperate call to our youths in this church to leave it and find some other bible church to go to.

I will stop here for now.

Thank you for your research. Expecting more to expose.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
Winsomex, 11 posts all day in that Facebook page you pasted here.

These 11 posts were from 5 people. Zadok 5, you had two (you were busy of course), the rest splitted the four slots.. PastorKun even abandoned you...

Come hug it out bro.. cry

I'd patiently wait for the end of that thread. I'd wait.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Masturbation? / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.