Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (71775 Views)

Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video) / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 7:56am On Apr 29, 2015
Gombs:
Winsomex, 11 posts all day in that Facebook page you pasted here.

These 11 posts were from 5 people. Zadok 5, you had two (you were busy of course), the rest splitted the four slots.. PastorKun even abandoned you...

Come hug it out
I'd patiently wait for the end of that thread. I'd wait.
You forgot to give us one statistic - the number of views and the names of the viewers.
Please do that and get back to us.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 9:56am On Apr 29, 2015
trustman:

You forgot to give us one statistic - the number of views and the names of the viewers.
Please do that and get back to us.
grin grin grin

Be smart na. It's Facebook, a closed group. A group created for discussion not viewing....but If you want to console yourself, fine. grin
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Apr 30, 2015
Awwwww.... Winsomex, it's just fours posts yesterday... cry cry cry

Come hug it out bro...

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 6:44am On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:
Awwwww.... Winsomex, it's just fours posts yesterday... cry cry cry
Come hug it out bro...

If you are so confident of yourself, go to that discussion and leave a comment there, especially one bothering on your CE cultic gibberish and watch how those brethren will instruct you aright.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 7:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs wrote: . 1.Jesus is Oyakhilome is their god.while discussing cult organizations, Walter Martins made it clear that cult organization usually refer to a man or woman as their sole authority, not the bible. For Jehovah Witnesses it was Charles Taze Russell . For Christian Science it is Mary Eddy Baker. For Mormons it is Joseph Smith . And for Christ Embassy, it is Chris Oyakhilome. We only need to see how these other cult organization equate the literatures of their founders to the bible, and in many cases, subordinating scriptures to the words of their founders, to agree with me. That's the tragedy of literatures like Rhapsody of Realities, etc, in the CEC.

1. You lie, as always. Pastor Chris is not my god, he however, is my father in the Lord, and the bible clearly asked me to copy/imitate...let me just quote it for you

1 Corinthians 11:1 New Living Translation
And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.

1 corinth 4:15 New Living Translation
For even if you had ten thousand others to teach you about Christ, you have only one spiritual father. For I became your father in Christ Jesus when I preached the Good News to you.

In CE and many other churches, we do not worship our pastors, we simply love them as our fathers in the Lord, Pastor Chris taught me the word, I follow him as he follows Christ

Yes in general in all churches members usually honor their leaders with respect according the actions what their leaders had done for their members.
But in CE it is gone too far i think as much i have seen it. Yes PsChris founded CE together with his wife Anita and have done many other good things maybe in past and now what i even do not know as european. But does he deserves for all of it the state of half god by his followers? I think Bible talks about getting reward in this life and what happens next. This parable of Jesus in Matt 6:2-6 had come to my mind always when i had been privilege to see those award events in CE Bremen via web.
But does this kind "christian" corporation leader can be real and true and godly spiritual father who had made everything to get its corporation members money under the name of command its churches to order the rhapsody and all other stuff? I think not really person can not be spiritual father to his spiritual children who will sell his spiritual advices as cds,books,devotionals. God loves us unconditionally but what Ps Chris does is that he sets conditions and based upon following them his followers are recognized and it does not definitily imidate God.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 9:38am On Apr 30, 2015
WinsomeX:

If you are so confident of yourself, go to that discussion and leave a comment there, especially one bothering on your CE cultic gibberish and watch how those brethren will instruct you aright.

Tell them to all come here, an open forum, and I single handedly will tutor them properly, as I have done you consistently.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 9:50am On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:

Tell them to all come here, an open forum, and I single handedly will tutor them properly, as I have done you consistently.
You, tutor? You don't seem to have the capacity for that. You prefer to play pranks in other people's thread so I'm sure you'll run from where you'll be exposed for who you are.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 10:16am On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:

You had to twist my intentions, no?. Nothing is wrong as a believer, in RCCG marrying CEC, or CEC marrying Winners, RCCG or Catholic or JW or even Muslims.

I said it is not encouraged, I did not say "CEC actively discourages" it. It is unfair to clamp it on CE as a flaw, most (if not all) churches do not encourage marrying outside, because of doctrines, majorly.

This is my last on this. Stop derailing this thread, if you want to discuss marriage further, open a thread and call me in.
As much i have checked out CE book Now you want to marry-foundable via googleing- it says concerning choosing partner from different churches that finally it is needed to decide which church couple wants to remain which is compareble with other churches understanding about marriage as far as i know.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:16am On Apr 30, 2015
trustman:

You, tutor? You don't seem to have the capacity for that.

well, your opinion, but judging from the number of followership i have on NL (i cant follow a handful back for reasons best known to me), mails i get from my signature box and ROR thread, me thinks you're on the far side of hilarious assumptions. If you don't think i have the capacity, then i must laugh. Ever wondered why we don't have tithe threads of late as before? The issue is someone is busy praying, teaching and preaching winning others to Christ here on NL, the other is busy looking for Pastor Chris, WoF, fake miracle etc.

You prefer to play pranks in other people's thread so I'm sure you'll run from where you'll be exposed for who you are.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:26am On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:

Facebook is actually the "open" forum where you need not hide under an anonymous monicker as you do here. But, honestly, if you think you have anything worthwhile to say, register an anonymous name on FB and come to that forum with your Oyakhilome jargons and see what becomes of it.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2015
deborah777:

As much i have checked out CE book Now you want to marry-foundable via googleing- it says concerning choosing partner from different churches that finally it is needed to decide which church couple wants to remain which is compareble with other churches understanding about marriage as far as i know.

undecided undecided
I didn't understand your post ma'am.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:35am On Apr 30, 2015
WinsomeX:

Facebook is actually the "open" forum where you need not hide under an anonymous monicker as you do here. But, honestly, if you think you have anything worthwhile to say, register an anonymous name on FB and come to that forum with your Oyakhilome jargons and see what becomes of it.

This is a huge challenge i am willing to pursue, i'd consider that before the day's end. Thank you
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 11:10am On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:

This is a huge challenge i am willing to pursue, i'd consider that before the day's end. Thank you

You're welcome.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2015
WinsomeX:

You're welcome.

Sent you a friend request. smiley
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:
undecided undecidedI didn't understand your post ma'am.

Sorry i just tried to quote from my head one paragraph what i had read from Now you want to marry -book what is used in ce for marriage counselling. Basically i meant this from page 8 under title specific cases-when both persons are committed in different churches: "Both parties MUST eventually end up in one Church. It is also an illusion to plan to continue attending different churches. You cannot support yourselves spiritually this way and it also limits the level you can get to in such respective churches. There is no hard and fast rule that the couple should end up in the man’s Church but this is usually the case, sothe lady must ensure she is comfortable in the man’s Church."

in that same title it is say also: "Sharp or opposite doctrinal differences may eventually divide a home.Initially when the euphoria or novelty of love is still fresh, these things would appear to both parties as unimportant. This is an illusion as when they finally settle down to living, there would be constant conflicts." and "When both parties also have not been exposed to the same set ofdoctrines, there would need to be a time for ‘catching up’ by one party.This would result in a delay with respect to making spiritual progress when compared with another couple who also started at the same time but were previously exposed to the same set of doctrines."
In generally i agree with those paragraphs from that book because really every church have different beliefs and it have to make sure before getting married. Maybe even Rev Anita did not knew at beginning what his "lovely" husband believes until now when she decided for divorce.

And it ends "The best thing to do in these instances is to submit to the advice of the leadership of your Church. It is very wrong to go against the Pastor’s advice in the place where you are fed the Word of God and are seeing evident fruit of that Word in your life (Hebrews 13:7, 17). God’s dealings with individuals are also different and what is OK for one person might not be appropriate for another. Also at a higher level of commitment, some things are not the best for you. This is where the Pastor (or his delegated authority) comes in.He hears from God and can help set you in the right path for your life."
With this paragraph there is some things, i can not agree bit. Yes I can agree that it might be good to talk with spiritual leader who is above you -like to listen his oponion on this case. But I can not agree with that what it seems saying like I personally can not be able to listen from God (which is against word of God for exampe Rom 8:16 all who spirit of God leads are children of God) and must to obey the guidance the pastor gets from God if i want to be in line with him. Because there is always a option that pastor might make mistake in his listening from God and if person is trustful towards the pastor he or she may loose his or her mate and his or her happiness.
It proves the cases i have read before from web about ce members who literally had left their church and married somewhere else because their leaders in ce had not agreed with their marriage.

anyway you can download the book on your own from this blog https://timothyblogs./2014/02/13/a-marriage-guide-from-christ-embassy/ or just put into google christ embassy marriage counselling.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
[size=2pt]
deborah777:

Sorry i just tried to quote from my head one paragraph what i had read from Now you want to marry -book what is used in ce for marriage counselling. Basically i meant this from page 8 under title specific cases-when both persons are committed in different churches: "Both parties MUST eventually end up in one Church. It is also an illusion to plan to continue attending different churches. You cannot support yourselves spiritually this way and it also limits the level you can get to in such respective churches. There is no hard and fast rule that the couple should end up in the man’s Church but this is usually the case, sothe lady must ensure she is comfortable in the man’s Church."

in that same title it is say also: "Sharp or opposite doctrinal differences may eventually divide a home.Initially when the euphoria or novelty of love is still fresh, these things would appear to both parties as unimportant. This is an illusion as when they finally settle down to living, there would be constant conflicts." and "When both parties also have not been exposed to the same set ofdoctrines, there would need to be a time for ‘catching up’ by one party.This would result in a delay with respect to making spiritual progress when compared with another couple who also started at the same time but were previously exposed to the same set of doctrines."
In generally i agree with those paragraphs from that book because really every church have different beliefs and it have to make sure before getting married. Maybe even Rev Anita did not knew at beginning what his "lovely" husband believes until now when she decided for divorce.

And it ends "The best thing to do in these instances is to submit to the advice of the leadership of your Church. It is very wrong to go against the Pastor’s advice in the place where you are fed the Word of God and are seeing evident fruit of that Word in your life (Hebrews 13:7, 17). God’s dealings with individuals are also different and what is OK for one person might not be appropriate for another. Also at a higher level of commitment, some things are not the best for you. This is where the Pastor (or his delegated authority) comes in.He hears from God and can help set you in the right path for your life."
With this paragraph there is some things, i can not agree bit. Yes I can agree that it might be good to talk with spiritual leader who is above you -like to listen his oponion on this case. But I can not agree with that what it seems saying like I personally can not be able to listen from God (which is against word of God for exampe Rom 8:16 all who spirit of God leads are children of God) and must to obey the guidance the pastor gets from God if i want to be in line with him. Because there is always a option that pastor might make mistake in his listening from God and if person is trustful towards the pastor he or she may loose his or her mate and his or her happiness.
It proves the cases i have read before from web about ce members who literally had left their church and married somewhere else because their leaders in ce had not agreed with their marriage.

anyway you can download the book on your own from this blog https://timothyblogs./2014/02/13/a-marriage-guide-from-christ-embassy/ or just put into google christ embassy marriage counselling.
[/size]

Here is the link
https://timothyblogs.files./2014/02/marriage-counselling.pdf

I once aksd Gombs/mbaemeka whether there is any marriage literature by Oyaks and he said there is none. Page 6 is a classic

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
^^
"I don't know of any" is not equal to "there is none".

That said, this is a marriage counseling manual, I don't suppose it was for all churches, as it will/may differ from another's.

The book is one sound masterpiece, ain't it? wink

Winsomex, review your thesis on 'cult marriage' in CE cool

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
deborah777:

Thank you ma'am
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:
^^
"I don't know of any" is not equal to "there is none".
You never knew of its existence back then? Was you a single boy last year?

That said, this is a marriage counseling manual, I don't suppose it was for all churches, as it will/may differ from another's.
I was clear I needed CEC's 'wisdom' on marriage and this sure attempts to present that. Are you embarrassed that it has been shared seeing you had no intention of sharing it?

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
WinsomeX,

Enough i honor how you have researched info about ce to expose it in this matter i can not agree with you.
In the books of Acts is four examples of disciples of Jesus speaking in tongues both prayer language and understandablely to the people in upper room in Acts 2:1-21.
But lets go bit before. In Mark 16:17 Jesus said that believers are followed by those signs: they cast out devils in my name, talk in news tongues.
In Luke 24:49 Jesus commanded disciples to stay in Jerusalem until they are builded up with power from above what they did in Acts 1 until in Acts 2:3 they got baptised by Holy Spirit. And then there was thast sign of tongues what God let to happen.
But it happened also in Acts 8:14-17 and also in Acts 10:44 where gentiles got baptised and in Acts 19:1-6 when disciples got revelation of Holy Spirit and later baptised by Holy Chost with evidence of speaking of tongues. From all the passages can see that all disciples got baptised so it means that in this time all who is born again can expect the gift of baptism of Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues into their life. It was Father's promise to disciples at that time and is Father's promise for now to everyone who is born again. It is vital experience for every believer as Acts 1:8 says.

Praying for person by laying hands on that person is normal practice in christian circles not only in ce and it is based upon those passages in Bible where we can see that disciples prayed for people by laying their hands on them. But baptism of Holy Spirit do not have happen only by someone laying their hands on you. It can happen everywhere. I for example got baptised in street privately by Him.
And Apostle Paul makes in his first letter to Corinth clear difference btw message given in tongues and praying in tongues for edifying himself for example in 1 Cor 12: 4-11,v10 and v 28,30 and about edifying thru praying in tongues Paul talks in 1Cor 14:2-4.
So it is biblical to pray in tongues for edifying himself or herself. And there is also gift of giving message in tongues in the front of the church.

WinsomeX:

Joagbaje,-

In your rush to put that person in his place, you missed the point he was trying to make. His point was not the validity of tongues, his point was the falsehood behind the CE. He mentioned tongues as an example. You will notice that I have also not enumerated tongues as a reason why CE is a cult.

But even at that, you yourself agree that the method of teaching people how to speak with tongues is wrong. And you must agree that this practice is very common in your church; it will be wrong of you to fain ignorance of it here.

Lastly, the distinction BTW speaking and praying in tongues is not true. The bible talks of only one type of tongues, a language that can be understood. This tongues you practice where you just speak or pray with no understanding of what you are saying has no foundation in scriptures. The man you quoted is right after all, despite not being that knowledgeable in scriptures.

That said. I hope you can find time to respond to the real issues raised on the thread. The things that make your church s cult.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
WinsomeX:

What I can prove is what I have information on. I cannot prove that Satan is the custodian of CE.

I had long suspected that CE is a cult but I had no information until vooks provided the online book. That's we are discussing at the moment.

Can you prove Satan is the custodian of CE?

Where this online book is found,winsomeX? I would like to read it.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
vooks:

You never knew of its existence back then? Was you a single boy last year?

I was clear I needed CEC's 'wisdom' on marriage and this sure attempts to present that. Are you embarrassed that it has been shared seeing you had no intention of sharing it?

No need replying the above. I see how you ignored the fact that that manual is a masterpiece.

As for the above bold, no need to lie... See what you wrote here

Btw, am dying to read Rev Chris marriage books. What do you recommend? grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical/62#27906078

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:

No need replying the above.
Did you know about it when you said this? Be honest for once. Yes/no?

I see how you ignored the fact that that manual is a masterpiece.
And why couldn't you share the 'masterpiece' yet you prescribed singles seminars? Or it was not yet out? Muslims practice Taqqiya, lying for to advance their religion

As for the above bold, no need to lie... See what you wrote here
This is what you said

https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical/62#27907318

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
deborah777:

WinsomeX,

Enough i honor how you have researched info about ce to expose it in this matter i can not agree with you.

Thank you Ma'am.

deborah777:

In the books of Acts is four examples of disciples of Jesus speaking in tongues both prayer language and understandablely to the people in upper room in Acts 2:1-21.

This thread is not on tongues. I usually do not debate tongues. My position against CE being a cult is not bc they speak in tongues. A lot of churches do speak in tongues and remain sound churches in my estimation. Nonetheless, I will accommodate your response here.

Before you can tell whether tongues are valid or not, you need to find out what the bible means by "tongues". KJV translated the word "languages" as "tongues". So everywhere you hear people spoke in tongues in the bible, they spoke languages. These were supernatural occurrences that happened as the Spirit enabled people to speak languages they never learned. If you understand this, the scriptures you enumerated will take on a new light:

deborah777:

But lets go bit before. In Mark 16:17 Jesus said that believers are followed by those signs: they cast out devils in my name, talk in news tongues.
In Luke 24:49 Jesus commanded disciples to stay in Jerusalem until they are builded up with power from above what they did in Acts 1 until in Acts 2:3 they got baptised by Holy Spirit. And then there was thast sign of tongues what God let to happen.
But it happened also in Acts 8:14-17 and also in Acts 10:44 where gentiles got baptised and in Acts 19:1-6 when disciples got revelation of Holy Spirit and later baptised by Holy Chost with evidence of speaking of tongues. From all the passages can see that all disciples got baptised so it means that in this time all who is born again can expect the gift of baptism of Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues into their life. It was Father's promise to disciples at that time and is Father's promise for now to everyone who is born again. It is vital experience for every believer as Acts 1:8 says.

Now those who claim to have this experience, how much of these "languages" have they interpreted? As long as whatever you speak has no interpretation, you are not speaking in tongued; rather you speak gibberish. This is the reason Paul counselled the Corinthians to seek to interpret whatever tongues they spoke.

Tongues is not a vital evidence for baptism in the Spirit. Holy living is. For that is the fruit of the Spirit.

deborah777:

Praying for person by laying hands on that person is normal practice in christian circles not only in ce and it is based upon those passages in Bible where we can see that disciples prayed for people by laying their hands on them. But baptism of Holy Spirit do not have happen only by someone laying their hands on you. It can happen everywhere. I for example got baptised in street privately by Him.
And Apostle Paul makes in his first letter to Corinth clear difference btw message given in tongues and praying in tongues for edifying himself for example in 1 Cor 12: 4-11,v10 and v 28,30 and about edifying thru praying in tongues Paul talks in 1Cor 14:2-4.

Incidentally, when scripture speak of people "tonguing", it was more concerned with "speaking" and not "praying". Praying in tongues, if I'm not, is mentioned only in 1Cor14. Others spoke of people "speaking" and not necessarily "praying". Unfortunately all we hear today is people praying. Where is speaking, except for the fact that what thru are doing is not biblical.

deborah777:
So it is biblical to pray in tongues for edifying himself or herself. And there is also gift of giving message in tongues in the front of the church.

Again, I usually do not debate tongues bc I think Pentecostals are still OK. As long as they have not plunged into the false gospel of Word of Faith.

Vooks, my biggest ally on this thread, is Pentecostal. I respect his conviction. I think the first step to the false doctrine of WoF is Pentecostalism. Vooks disagrees. In all we agree to disagree. There is a greater enemy out there.

Every prayer in the bible was intelligible. If you pray in tongues, do not go on forever without finding out what you're saying.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
deborah777

I see your PM. I don't have access to the email for this monicker anymore. Please post your message here.

Thanks.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
WinsomeX:
deborah777

I see your PM. I don't have access to the email for this monicker anymore. Please post your message here.

Thankss.

I was just thinking when i read your posts about ce as cult that is it allowed to translate them into my own language if needed or post them separately in blog? I have tried to find blogs of ce ex members but there is no blog on it. Only your research and one other guy material i have who is against Ps Chris. I started to help in ce church in my town 2013 nov and all this time i have tried to understand what kind or type is ce as i have been related more than 5 years with movwment called new apostolic reformation movement and i gave to myself promise after being committed member of NAR church via web that i do not help in anywhere which is pastor centered ministry because it is out of focus and not biblical. I believe in apostolic alignment and in fivefold ministry today that in churches have to be offices of apostles and prophets.
So far it seems to be that ce is just this pastor centered ministry which is not aligned with some present day apostle and instead Ps Chris is believed to function in all five office the Eph 4:11 talks about. That said to me ce bremen pastor when i was in beginning of finding out about movement ce belongs and this answers seemed to me bit weird because theologically only Jesus Himself is believed to function in all those five gifts. Like Ps Chris is taken into place of Christ.
Somewhere said that ce is WOF which is taken into extreme and it might be right.
Anyway your thesis on wof is good reading and helps me too recognize the faults of ce.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
deborah777:

I was just thinking when i read your posts about ce as cult that is it allowed to translate them into my own language if needed or post them separately in blog? I have tried to find blogs of ce ex members but there is no blog on it. Only your research and one other guy material i have who is against Ps Chris. I started to help in ce church in my town 2013 nov and all this time i have tried to understand what kind or type is ce as i have been related more than 5 years with movwment called new apostolic reformation movement and i gave to myself promise after being committed member of NAR church via web that i do not help in anywhere which is pastor centered ministry because it is out of focus and not biblical. I believe in apostolic alignment and in fivefold ministry today that in churches have to be offices of apostles and prophets.
So far it seems to be that ce is just this pastor centered ministry which is not aligned with some present day apostle and instead Ps Chris is believed to function in all five office the Eph 4:11 talks about. That said to me ce bremen pastor when i was in beginning of finding out about movement ce belongs and this answers seemed to me bit weird because theologically only Jesus Himself is believed to function in all those five gifts. Like Ps Chris is taken into place of Christ.
Somewhere said that ce is WOF which is taken into extreme and it might be right.
Anyway your thesis on wof is good reading and helps me too recognize the faults of ce.

You have my full permission to translate my post here to your language and to post on any blog as long as it will bless someone. You may however reference Nairaland as source.

Someone else who has done some work on CE is SirJohn. See his thread where he unveiled Pastor Chris as a fake miracle worker:

www.nairaland.com/193649/truth-christ-embassy-healing-school

That thread is a classic.

See my profile for other works on CE.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by theV0ice: 9:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:

well, your opinion, but judging from the number of followership i have on NL (i cant follow a handful back for reasons best known to me), mails i get from my signature box and ROR thread, me thinks you're on the far side of hilarious assumptions. If you don't think i have the capacity, then i must laugh. Ever wondered why we don't have tithe threads of late as before? The issue is someone is busy praying, teaching and preaching winning others to Christ here on NL, the other is busy looking for Pastor Chris, WoF, fake miracle etc.

grin cheesy
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Oh well... The thread on Facebook had no comments today. sad

Life goes on.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
Gombs:
Oh well... The thread on Facebook had no comments today. sad

Life goes on.
Statistician grin grin grin
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 3:44am On May 01, 2015
WinsomeX:

Thank you Ma'am.

This thread is not on tongues. I usually do not debate tongues. My position against CE being a cult is not bc they speak in tongues. A lot of churches do speak in tongues and remain sound churches in my estimation. Nonetheless, I will accommodate your response here.

Before you can tell whether tongues are valid or not, you need to find out what the bible means by "tongues". KJV translated the word "languages" as "tongues". So everywhere you hear people spoke in tongues in the bible, they spoke languages. These were supernatural occurrences that happened as the Spirit enabled people to speak languages they never learned. If you understand this, the scriptures you enumerated will take on a new light:
Now those who claim to have this experience, how much of these "languages" have they interpreted? As long as whatever you speak has no interpretation, you are not speaking in tongued; rather you speak gibberish. This is the reason Paul counselled the Corinthians to seek to interpret whatever tongues they spoke.
Tongues is not a vital evidence for baptism in the Spirit. Holy living is. For that is the fruit of the Spirit.

Thank you. . First KJV bible for me whom english is not mother language is bit complicated with its ancient english. But as i have learned first century greek in seminary some years ago i checked it out from greek and for tongues is used glossa and for speaking kjv divers used genos and for intepretation hermeneia which is interesting itself.and the phenomen of speaking in tongues is called in science i think glossalia.
It is not needed intepretation always.
Anyway i do not know from which christian movement you are but yes it is interesting to read your comments. When i read your answer to this other guy just this former wof reacted in me -i started my christian journey as born again from independant full gospel church who teached some wof stuff also- and so i commented. In past when i was in that church i thought that those ppl who do not speak in tongues are not real christian or something like it. Right now when i have been out from that particular church for 8 years i do not think in such way anymore.
WinsomeX:

Incidentally, when scripture speak of people "tonguing", it was more concerned with "speaking" and not "praying". Praying in tongues, if I'm not, is mentioned only in 1Cor14. Others spoke of people "speaking" and not necessarily "praying". Unfortunately all we hear today is people praying. Where is speaking, except for the fact that what thru are doing is not biblical.
Again, I usually do not debate tongues bc I think Pentecostals are still OK. As long as they have not plunged into the false gospel of Word of Faith.

Vooks, my biggest ally on this thread, is Pentecostal. I respect his conviction. I think the first step to the false doctrine of WoF is Pentecostalism. Vooks disagrees. In all we agree to disagree. There is a greater enemy out there.

Every prayer in the bible was intelligible. If you pray in tongues, do not go on forever without finding out what you're saying.

Pentacostalism and WoF is two different christian movements. Like also charismatic and neo charismatic or NAR movement are different from each other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Masturbation? / Apostle Suleman Gives $2,000 To Ghanaian Student Who Sowed Seed With House Rent / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.