Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (71780 Views)

Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video) / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Kenny4lyfe:

[b] I totally agree with Gombs on the "liquid love" response but here is what I want to point out to you.
Who do you say the central theme of the gospel of Christ was again?

The gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto SALVATION to "everyone"... Romans 1:16
Man is the reason Jesus Christ came to consummate the salvation of mankind through His death, burial and resurrection from the dead. Hallelujah!
He said,
1. "I am come that "They" might have life..." John 10:10b Who's "they"? Trees and twigs?
2. "For God so love the "The world" (so much so) that He gave His only begotten son that who so ever believe in Him should not perish..." John 3:16 The world of who? Cattles and goats maybe?
The gospel is the message of God's love towards mankind dear friend, Jesus brought us a message of Life, Light and Love. Man has been the focal point of His plan all along, that is quite evident in the gospel and epistles.
"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling "the world" unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses against them... ;" 2 Corinthians 5:19 [/b]

I said the same thing. You have only reiterated my position that CEC and others like it make MAN and not GOD the central focus of their gospel. Thank you for the confirmation.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2015
Gombs:

Seems I am the only one trying to make sense out of your thread. Hopefully, I'd wish to stay longer.

From the above bold, I like your description of Dr. Walters, in fact, I knew he had issues with Hagin and Copeland over positive faith confessions. However, as you described him as a sound evangelical Christian- emphasis on 'sound'. I don't seem to want to doubt that now.

Did you know his stands on tithing? Maybe i should drop something for you here: hope you know he founded Christian Research Institute, (CRI)? Now read carefully

http://www.equip.org/article/tithing/#christian-books-4

Now, are you calling him sound evangelical Christian because he wrote about cultism, or because he really was sound Christian?

If your answer is the latter, why then would you reject his stance on tihing and embrace cultism, a fact you admitted he didn't mention WoF as one? Should I list what he mentioned as cults?

While Dr. Walter Martin was critical of Hagin and Copeland's teachings concerning their views of Christ, healing, faith, and prosperity, he believed in the perpetuity of charismatic spiritual gifts in the Church. To that end, Martin presented his positive appraisal of spiritual gifts in several audio lectures (visit www.waltermartin.com) . Or watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjMMbFYojA4

You can't just come here and lie about the man just to suit yourself. Using his positions on Mormonism, Scientology, Christian Science, Jehovah witnesses etc to make us believe what he wasn't saying.

Gombs:
stay on topic, please. thanks

I could you wish you would heed your own advice and stay on topic. The topic on discuss here is CEC bring a cult, not tithes or cessationism. There are hundreds of threads on tithes, you can post this there and mention me, I may oblige you.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2015
BUT... let me oblige you. CEC is not a cult bc they tithe. Your church is not a cult bc it believes in spiritual gifts. Your church is a cult BC

1. Oyakhilome is your god not Christ.

2. Because you imbibe the cultic aspects of WoF to a crass level that will even embarrass Hagin and Kenyon.

3. Because CEC members know nothing of Christian sanctification and holiness. From Chris to the least person in that church, there are no end to your atrocities.

And there is the need to make this point abundantly clear so as to warn our young people against your sect. The same we were warned against Mormons, Christian Scientists and JW when we were growing up.

I believe you understand me now.

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:58am On Apr 06, 2015
WinsomeX:

It was the introductory statement on the sect. You can download the book and read the rest yourself.

I asked you some pertinent questions with regards Dr. Walter Martin. I want you to address them, or, I and most viewers, will conclude on your motives, which quite frankly is conspicuous hate, bitterness and acute feverish desire to be slanderous.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 11:04am On Apr 06, 2015
WinsomeX:

I could you wish you would heed your own advice and stay on topic. The topic on discuss here is CEC bring a cult, not tithes or cessationism. There are hundreds of threads on tithes, you can post this there and mention me, I may oblige you.

The questions I asked are not tithe related. It was related to Dr. walter., and your clear distortion of what he said.

More so, it was to make clear why you choose to call one a sound Christian, while you ignore and/or despise what they do.

If you cannot answer, then, you can go on with your thread...after all, a bulk of my points have been made thuse far.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2015
WinsomeX:

I am also deeply grateful for the contributions of the team of contributors she assembled. With the diversity of theological perspectives represented, disagreements on secondary issues are inevitable. Walter Martin and I, for that matter, hold differing views on a variety of issues, such as eschatology. We are all, however, firmly united around the maxim, "In essentials unity, in nonessentials liberty, in all things charity." Thus with the deepest of gratitude to our Lord Jesus Christ for raising up the ministry of Dr. Walter Martin, we submit to His purposes this new edition of The Kingdom of the Cults.

Before I answer your question, note the bold. Now to your question:

Gombs:

Now, are you calling him sound evangelical Christian because he wrote about cultism, or because he really was sound Christian?

If your answer is the latter, why then would you reject his stance on tihing and embrace cultism, a fact you admitted he didn't mention WoF as one? Should I list what he mentioned as cults?

Dr Martins is sound because he was a Christian whose persuasion came from orthodox Christianity: Reformed theology. He was well taught with four degrees, ultimately earning a PHD in theology. He was sound because he could clearly distinguish BTW what was Christian and what was cultic, this the book.

As for tithing and spiritual gifts, the recent book reviewer had himself said on minor issues, he disagreed with Walter. Example eschatology. And that those who worked on the recent edition Also were not agreed on all points of doctrine. You might find an antitither among them then.

Until you can show me where Walter taught that not tithing is cultic, you will have to make do with the topic of discuss and stop digressing from the issues on ground.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2015
WinsomeX:

Before I answer your question, note the bold. Now to your question:

Dr Martins is sound because he was a Christian whose persuasion came from orthodox Christianity: Reformed theology. He was well taught with four degrees, ultimately earning a PHD in theology. He was sound because he could clearly distinguish BTW what was Christian and what was cultic, this the book.

As for tithing and spiritual gifts, the recent book reviewer had himself said on minor issues, he disagreed with Walter. Example eschatology. And that those who worked on the recent edition Also were not agreed on all points of doctrine. You might find an antitither among them then.

Until you can show me where Walter taught that not tithing is cultic, you will have to make do with the topic of discuss and stop digressing from the issues on ground.

Thank you for answering. From the above, you admit he was sound by number of degrees and also, you disagree with him on a number of things. That aside.

From your above bold, I couldn't help but laugh. I am not saying anti tithers are cultic, you're the one obsessed with naming others cultic. I have no intentions derailing this thread.

Now a quiz question, would you term Islam a cult?if yes,Why, if no, why?
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
Yes.

Incidentally, the book also listed Islam in appendix..

I don't know your point in asking but Christians are already on guard against Islam. Its churches like yours that need to be warned against bc yours is the subtle deceiver. Islam is not.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by damosky12(m): 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
WinsomeX:
BUT... let me oblige you. CEC is not a cult bc they tithe. Your church is not a cult bc it believes in spiritual gifts. Your church is a cult BC

1. Oyakhilome is your god not Christ.

2. Because you imbibe the cultic aspects of WoF to a crass level that will even embarrass Hagin and Kenyon.

3. Because CEC members know nothing of Christian sanctification and holiness. From Chris to the least person in that church, there are no end to your atrocities.

....... The same we were warned against Mormons, Christian Scientists and JW when we were growing up.

I believe you understand me now.

Sir, like Gombs earlier said: if you are so concerned about a erring church, get on your knees and pray for them that their eyes be opened. I also think you should be reading materials that is connected to the gospel of Jesus instead of that one confusing you now.Its only on the basis of the word that you can prove sth to be error."that ye may be able to prove"Rom 12:2
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
damosky12:

Sir, like Gombs earlier said: if you are so concerned about a erring church, get on your knees and pray for them that their eyes be opened. I also think you should be reading materials that is connected to the gospel of Jesus instead of that one confusing you now.Its only on the basis of the word that you can prove sth to be error."that ye may be able to prove"Rom 12:2

Thank you for your advice.

The thread is about discussing CE as a cult. You may open a thread for praying for them to be delivered from cultism and I might join you there. But for now...

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
WinsomeX:
Yes.

Incidentally, the book also listed Islam in appendix..

I don't know your point in asking but Christians are already on guard against Islam. Its churches like yours that need to be warned against bc yours is the subtle deceiver. Islam is not.

Why is Islam a cult? Is Judaism a cult too?
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
damosky12:

Don't mind DB, he knows how the Church of God should be like, yet, he's made no effort to start a church, according to how God 'has shown him'.

He finds fault in almost all ministers, and ministries, he can't name a minister or author that completely endorses his kind of Christianity.

He does not have a spiritual head, he is not an author, he is not a pastor, teacher, etc, he is the 'true gospel preacher'. He has a problem with 'money' and 'church' in one sentence. He called Hagin, a failure, Kenyon a fraud, Oyedepo a thief, Oyakhilome an adulterer, RCCG worshippers he called brood of vipers littering Lagos/Ibadan Expway and Monroe? Yet, he hasn't done anything for the kingdom except writing blogs and NL, doing more harm to the body of Christ with his idea of Christianity.

That, is the man WinsomeX, aka Drummaboy. His doctrines and teachings? Jesus was ill at a time, their is no such thing as God kind of faith, health and wealth are not part of Jesus' plan for the new creation, tithing is done away with, WoF is devilish, CE is a cult, christianity began at the cross and not the resurrection, speaking in tongues is gibberish, etc

Next you'd see "CE has a currency" "CE will produce the anti Christ" etc. Watch out

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Gombs:

Don't mind DB, he knows how the Church of God should be like, yet, he's made no effort to start a church, according to how God 'has shown him'.

He finds fault in almost all ministers, and ministries, he can't name a minister or author that completely endorses his kind of Christianity.

He does not have a spiritual head, he is not an author, he is not a pastor, teacher, etc, he is the 'true gospel preacher'. He has a problem with 'money' and 'church' in one sentence. He called Hagin, a failure, Kenyon a fraud, Oyedepo a thief, Oyakhilome an adulterer, RCCG worshippers he called brood of vipers littering Lagos/Ibadan Expway and Monroe? Yet, he hasn't done anything for the kingdom except writing blogs and NL, doing more harm to the body of Christ with his idea of Christianity.

That, is the man WinsomeX, aka Drummaboy. His doctrines and teachings? Jesus was ill at a time, their is no such thing as God kind of faith, health and wealth are not part of Jesus' plan for the new creation, tithing is done away with, WoF is devilish, CE is a cult, christianity began at the cross and not the resurrection, speaking in tongues is gibberish, etc

Next you'd see "CE has a currency" "CE will produce the anti Christ" etc. Watch out

Now you're doing exactly what you accuse him of - paint him black!

But do you hero-worship your pastor chris?
Do you apply 1 Corinthians 3:21 to him? If so how?

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
Gombs:

Why is Islam a cult? Is Judaism a cult too?

Appendix 4 or 5 of Kingdom of the Cults have done justice the issue of why the religion of Mohammed is a cult. Pls consult that manual.

Judaism is not a cult. It is the religion of the Jews. And if properly taught and believed should lead them to the Saviour.

With this I hope you don't derail this thread any further. If you cannot defend why CEC should not be called a cult, you may sit back, read and learn a few things.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by nannymcphee(f): 4:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
winsomex: .

long time, compliments of the season!!

Gombs my love , compliments too

I will like to address this in this manner. You already know my stance with respect to CE

Chris Oyakhilome is effectively the prophet and god of the Christ Embassy cult. His members consider him infallible and the anointed one, their Christ. I am told by an old member of nl that Joagbaje, a leading CE member on nl, used to refer to Chris Oyakhilome as "Pastor Christ", instead of Pastor Chris, as he fondly called by his followers.

The above is true & happens in certain circles but that doesn't make it right. Firstly "pastoral or ministerial infallibility" is widely propagated in the Pentecostal circle & not just CE alone, hence the reason for the above belief by members

The examples attributed to jogbaje, well I don't know if he truly said that but I have personally heard of other variations by other members including pastors, that doesn't make it right either & also doesn't mean everyone in CE subscribes to it

Sexual immorality is the order of the day among CEC members. They revel in it. My investigations reveal that married people are even known to date other people's wives and husbands in church.

This happens everywhere & not just CE, if you examine most choirs in other denominations, they won't be spared of such. I dare say the latter part of ur quote is an exaggeration

Other proof of the cultic nature of CEC is their violence and hate. There have been numerous occasions in which people have tried to investigate the church and have ended being beaten black and blue. A lady who supplied screen to their recently concluded ministers conference was beaten because she demanded to be paid for her services.

This also happens everywhere & one scenario isn't enough to come to such conclusion that the members are marred with hate & violence. We have had several cases in other denominations where violence erupted. The maturity of those Christians have to be factored in, that there was a fight doesn't mean the whole church is involved in it

CEC members all talk like Pastor Chris; they dress like him; they copy his gesticulations and style. They seek to be like Chris Oyakhilome and not Christ.

I will paraphrase, Paul said follow me as I follow Christ & Jesus said, it is sufficient for student to be as the master.

That being said, it is a natural human phenomenon to copy those u look up to & u see this playing out in every facet of life, this can't be separated in church

That being said, there is a level of maturity u attain, you begin to do things the way you want it to be done & not according to someone else

Not everyone in CE, dresses or speaks or acts like pastor Chris including pastors

Have u seen buchi or frank Edward dressing or speaking like pastor Chris?

I understand that CEC members read mostly Oyakhilome publications

well this is true, when u were a baby, u could only eat in ur house or a home permitted by ur parents but when you grew up, you now knew who was who & in whose home you could eat

Same with church, when you become matured, you will know where to worship & whom to read & watch & listen to, until then kindly listen to what you are told to do

Members marry only members

This is wrong!! At the beginning yes, this was almost true but now is no longer the practice

Yes, marriage in house is more appreciated & encouraged but if you choose otherwise, no problem

There are even cases where a brother has to go wed in the sisters church

though its tougher to marry outside if you are a pastor or a high ranking leader but its not impossible

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by nannymcphee(f): 4:59pm On Apr 06, 2015

There is a perversive demand for money in the church, to the extent that member "sow" all their possessions and money to church. It is not uncommon to find members begging people for money to give for offering

Enshrined in the second stanza of the believer love world anthem is

"believer love world, all we know is a life of giving"

So giving is a way of life there, are there irregularities? YES are there abuses YES

It doesn't means that's what is being taught or its obtainable in all CE churches!!

Stories of people defrauding their companies to give to church abound in the dailies. The atrocities are endless.

This also isn't taught, folks who got involved in such got carried away, no one told them to go defraud or steal or prostitute to give in Gods house

Did anyone tell them not to read the bible, these things are clearly written in scriptures

I also have to acknowledge that be because of the abuse & irregularities in teaching of giving, has led to the above quote happening too

The biggest proof of the cult of CEC is the freedom they deny their members. Members cannot critique Oyakhilome. If you do, the threat of a curse is issued

This stems from the teaching of "ministerial infallibility" & the "touch not my anointed"

All you have stated are prevalent in most Pentecostal churches & the panacea is understand of Gods word & maturity

mention one church that hasn't missed it in one area or the other

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 5:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
WinsomeX:

Appendix 4 or 5 of Kingdom of the Cults have done justice the issue of why the religion of Mohammed is a cult. Pls consult that manual.

Judaism is not a cult. It is the religion of the Jews. And if properly taught and believed should lead them to the Saviour.

With this I hope you don't derail this thread any further. If you cannot defend why CEC should not be called a cult, you may sit back, read and learn a few things.

I have showed you why CE is not a cult. Please visit previous pages.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Thank you nannymcphee for the contribution.

I had stated somewhere that I will hesitate to call Pentecostal churches that teach WoF cults bc I can vouch that a lot of them, to some extent still preach the basic tenets of scripture that can secure the eternal home of a soul.

Unfortunately I cannot say this of CEC. I believe that church has tilted into the realm of a full blown cult and thus the need for a thread like this one. The similarities with other churches you pointed out is those churches tethering to the cliff end and themselves entering the cult realm. One other church that is clearly a cult is the Synagogue of all Nation - T B Joshua. Unfortunately CEC have love, respect and adoration for this man.

What other evidence is left on the shelf?

I will continue in other posts with chapter of Dr Martin book as he speaks on cults vocabulary.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nanny, it's been a while. I trust you're good? Welcome to the month of fruit bearing. (DB will call this "cult greeting" now)

Wonderful reply you gave to DB, I was overwhelmed, as you couldn't have put it any better. God bless you jare.

DB, study nanny's post well, thanks.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 5:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=WinsomeX post=32416062]
Thank you nannymcphee for the contribution.

I had stated somewhere that I will hesitate to call Pentecostal churches that teach WoF cults bc I can vouch that a lot of them, to some extent still preach the basic tenets of scripture that can secure the eternal home of a soul.

Example please. If CE is a cult, you may as well tell us those that aren't.

Unfortunately I cannot say this of CEC. I believe that church has tilted into the realm of a full blown cult and thus the need for a thread like this one.

grin

The similarities with other churches you pointed out is those churches tethering to the cliff end and themselves entering the cult realm. One other church that is clearly a cult is the Synagogue of all Nation - T B Joshua. Unfortunately CEC have love, respect and adoration for this man.

What exactly made Synagogue a cult? undecided

What other evidence is left on the shelf?

I will continue in other posts with chapter of Dr Martin book as he speaks on cults vocabulary.

You need help, urgently.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 6:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
trustman:
[/size]

Now you're doing exactly what you accuse him of - paint him black!

But do you hero-worship your pastor chris?
Do you apply 1 Corinthians 3:21 to him? If so how?

Paint him black? You want links? That I reported what he said, without apology and in strong terms, you had the temerity to say I paint him black?

Trustman, you don start o. grin
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Joagbaje:
It's not only Christ embassy that's a cult. Christianity is a cult. cool

MuttleyLaff:
There is cult, and there is cult
Is this an attempt to "get the dirt off" Christ embassy so Christ embassy can come up smelling of roses? cool

Gombs:
undecided
Why the undecided smiley face expression?
As said before, there is cult, and there is cult

There is "cult" with the bad connotation or negative connotations
You know, like the ones with the potential to upgrade and metamorphosize into "Drink the coolaid"

The one brainwashing members, forbidding them from asking hard questions about the church standings or doctrines, false teaching, financial exploitation of members leading to enriching or profiting the leader etc

On the other hand, Christianity, as rightly put by joagbaje, is a cult
This is so defined, because technically speaking, we worship a single Person; God the Son.

Anyway, let's not mince words or let the grass grow under feet, unless you're in denial, you know which of the cults WindowX is ascribing Christ Embassy to

Am out. Peace, love & hair grease cool
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
SEMANTICS

This is from chapter 2 of Dr Martin's book titled: SCALING THE LANGUAGE BARRIER:

"A concrete example of a redefinition of terms can be illustrated in the case of almost any of the Gnostic cult systems that emphasize healing and hold in common a pantheistic concept of God (Christian Science, New Thought, Unity, Christ Unity Science, Metaphysics, Religious Science, Divine Science - and Word of Faith, bc WoF descended from these other cults).

In the course of numerous contacts with this type of cultist, the author has had many opportunities to see the semantic maze in full operation, and it is awesome to behold. Such a cult adherent will begin talking at length about God and Christ. He will speak especially about love, tolerance, forgiveness, the Sermon on the Mount, and, as always, the out-of-context perversion of James’ “faith without works is dead.” It should be noted that hardly ever in their discourses will such cultists discuss the essential problem of evil, the existence of personal sin, or the necessity of the substitutionary atonement of Christ as the sole means of salvation from sin, through the agency of divine grace and the exercise of faith. In fact, they conscientiously avoid such distasteful subjects like the proverbial plague and discuss them only with great reluctance.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule, but on the average it is safe to assume that reticence will characterize any exploration of these touchy issues. Both Christian Science and Unity talk of God as Trinity; but their real concept of God is a pantheistic abstraction (Life, Truth, and Love constitute the triune divine principles—Christian Science). The historic doctrine of the Trinity is seldom, if ever, considered without careful redefinition. If the reader consults the Metaphysical Bible Dictionary, published by the Unity School of Christianity, he will see the masterpiece of redefinition for himself. For in this particular volume, Unity has redefined exhaustively many of the cardinal terms of biblical theology, much as Mary Baker Eddy did in her Glossary of Terms in the book Science and Health With Key to the Scriptures.

The reader will be positively amazed to find what has happened to biblical history, the person of Adam, the concept of human sin, spiritual depravity, and eternal judgment. One thing, however, will emerge very clearly from this study: Unity may use the terminology of the Bible, but by no stretch of the imagination can the redefinition be equated with the thing itself. Another confusing aspect of non-Christian cultists’ approach to semantics is the manner in which they will surprise the Christian with voluminous quotations from no less authority than the Bible, and give the appearance of agreeing with nearly every statement the Christian makes in attempting to evangelize the cultist. Such stock phrases as “We believe that way too; we agree on this point” or the more familiar, “[Mrs. Eddy, Mr. or Mrs. Fillmore, Mr. Evans, Dr. Buchman, Joseph Smith, or Brigham Young, or Chris Oyakhilome] says exactly the same thing; we are completely in agreement.” All such tactics based upon the juggling of terms usually have the effect of frustrating the average Christian, for he is unable to put his finger on what he knows is error, and is repeatedly tantalized by seeming agreement which, as he knows, does not exist. He is therefore often forced into silence because he is unaware of what the cultist is actually doing. Often, even though he may be aware of this in a limited sense, he hesitates to plunge into a discussion for fear of ridicule because of an inadequate background or a lack of biblical information.

The solution to this perplexing problem is far from simple. The Christian must realize that for every biblical or doctrinal term he mentions, a redefinition light flashes on in the mind of the cultist, and a lightning-fast redefinition is accomplished. Realizing that the cultist will apparently agree with the doctrine under discussion while firmly disagreeing in reality with the historical and biblical concept, the Christian is on his way to dealing effectively with cult terminology. This amazing operation of terminological redefinition works very much like a word association test in psychology. It is simple for a cultist to spiritualize and redefine the clear meaning of biblical texts and teachings so as to be in apparent harmony with the historic Christian faith. However, such a harmony is at best a surface agreement, based upon double meanings of words that cannot stand the test of biblical context, grammar, or sound exegesis. Language is, to be sure, a complex subject; all are agreed on this. But one thing is beyond dispute, and that is that in context words mean just what they say. Either we admit this or we must be prepared to surrender all the accomplishments of grammar and scholastic progress and return to writing on cave walls with charcoal sticks in the tradition of our alleged stone-age ancestors."

This leads me to state the following:

1. All that Chris Oyakhilome does in his preaching is "redefinition". Twisting orthodox Christian terms to fit a preconcieved mindset. All WoF adherents are guilty of this but CEC is even more guilty.

2. The reason why debates with CEC members are unending is bc of redeifinition. Example: the orthodox, biblical and historical meaning of "redemption" is salvation from sin, alone. The CEC member, like other WoF members, have redefined this to mean salvation from sickness, poverty and sin. In the real context salvation from sin is relegated to the background, while salvation from sickness and poverty is exalted. That is why a CEC member has no qualms with a Pastor who has been alleged to have inappropriate relations with women, as long as that Pastor is rich and healthy. The moral question is not an issue at all.

3. Those who can trace the long debates between trustman and mbaemeka, a leading CEC cultist on this forum, or btw Candour and mbaemeka, will realize that the problem was usually with the meaning of words - semantics. Cultists thrive on redefinition.

4. The vocabulary of the cultist is not the vocabulary of the bible.

5. Christians must understand the cultist's vocabulary and help him trace the true biblical meaning of such words.

6. Cults thrive in a society of ignorance where people can be bamboozled into believing errors all bc a preacher wears sleak suits and speaks a forced "fone".

We will be looking at the psychological structure of an average cultist next and we will try to juxtapose this with the thiniking of leading CEC cultists on this forum.

Stay tuned.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by An2elect2(f): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
The day i entered Christ embassy cult, methought there was a disco party going on.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by damosky12(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
WinsomeX:

Thank you for your advice.

The thread is about discussing CE as a cult. You may open a thread for praying for them to be delivered from cultism and I might join you there. But for now...
OK. Well, I do not disagree that CHRIST Embassy is a "cult". So, it's fine you continue your discussion. It just depends on your understanding of the real cultism. Haha. Fruit bearing cultism.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Winsomex,
Thank you for highlighting the semantics aspect of cults
sometimes they also engage in EQUIVOCATION where words are given different meanings in a sentence or conversation;
Example
Revelation 19:10 (KJV)
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Revelation 14:12 (KJV)
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus

To a regular believer reading SPIRIT OF PROPHECY and COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, these would probably register as the teachings of Christ and summary of the commandments being loving God and man. But not so with an SDA. SPIRIT OF PROPHECY means writings of Ellen Gould White while COMMANDMENTS mean the Ten Commandments especially the fourth commandment(Sabbath) forget for now the fact that the two greatest commandments are not even part of the Ten
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 7:21am On Apr 07, 2015
Keep Your Body In Health - Tuesday, April 7th . 

Pastor Chris 

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19). 

As a child of God, your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 6:19), which means your body isn't yours; it's owned by God. However, you're the one to keep watch over your body and keep it in health. You're the one to exercise authority over your body, keeping it free of sickness, disease and infirmity. 

The words of Jesus in our opening verse should let you know that you're not ordinary; you have the right to tell your body how it should feel. Tell your body what to do, and it'll respond. Jesus said in Mark 11:23 that you shall have what you say. If you've been struggling with an addiction, declare with boldness, "I'm not going to let anything dominate me. I keep my body in subjection to the Word of God!" Don't permit in your body anything that's not consistent with the Word of God for your life; take charge and rule over your body with the Word of God. 

When you perceive the symptoms of sickness in your body, reject them for they only become real when you say they are. Your words aren't empty; what you say comes to pass; therefore, talk to your body always, and keep it in health. Don't say, "I have a growth in my stomach and it's hurting so bad. The doctor says it's cancer". Don't talk about the growth; talk to it instead! Tell it to die and pass out from your body. Tell the pain to cease, and tell your body to function rightly in line with the life of Christ that's in your spirit. 

Christ literally lives in you! He dwells in your spirit and expresses Himself through your physical body. Your consciousness of this reality makes it easier for you to exercise dominion over your body against sickness, disease, and infirmity. 

Confession...
The Spirit of God vitalizes every fibre of my being! The God-life in me destroys sickness, disease and infirmities! I'm healthy and strong! Only the life and nature of Christ - His beauty and glory - are manifested in my physical body, because He perambulates in me, through the Holy Spirit. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Romans 8:10-13
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:14-36,Judges 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:55-66, Leviticus 7

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/36#32432191

WinsomeX, this is a good example of Positive faith confessions. Wow! I almost leaped for joy today, just by reading it.

Now, can you point to me what is wrong with any of the above? Can you show me what is unscriptural about any part of it?

Remember, when I say "I'm not ordinary",from the above, you can understand my [i]sunesis[/I] (that's Greek, look it up please). You see why I cannot be sick or broke any day of my life? Christ did it all for me.

Good morning
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 9:34am On Apr 07, 2015
Gombs:

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/36#32432191

WinsomeX, this is a good example of Positive faith confessions. Wow! I almost leaped for joy today, just by reading it.

Now, can you point to me what is wrong with any of the above? Can you show me what is unscriptural about any part of it?

Remember, when I say "I'm not ordinary",from the above, you can understand my [i]sunesis[/I] (that's Greek, look it up please). You see why I cannot be sick or broke any day of my life? Christ did it all for me.

Good morning

Good morning Gombs,

There is nothing wrong with what Pastor Chris wrote up there. It is Word of Faith, alright.

I hope to continue analysis on cult psychology. This thread is really not meant for debates. Like the others I have worked on, it is to warn people. You could either take a warning or not take it.

The thread will also help those coming out of the cult thinking of WoF. It would help you when God eventually liberates you from that sect you glory in today.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2015
[quote author=WinsomeX post=32438074]

Good morning Gombs,

There is nothing wrong with what Pastor Chris wrote up there. It is Word of Faith, alright.

If there is nothing wrong with the post, why then do you criticize WoF, and call them a cult?what is your scare?

I hope to continue analysis on cult psychology. This thread is really not meant for debates. Like the others I have worked on, it is to warn people. You could either take a warning or not take it.

Ah! Not meant for debate? You just want us to swallow all you have? Really? Warn people? Ok o

The thread will also help those coming out of the cult thinking of WoF. It would help you when God eventually liberates you from that sect you glory in today.

You really are being hysterical. Well, Godspeed. I think I'm done here.

May God's Spirit guide you, I pray.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2015
^^^
Amen!!!
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by damosky12(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2015
Really, I think the OP is confused.. Asserting that the thread isn't meant for debate while he tries to rubbish a church of God based on his own opinion is itself an error. He really doesn't know what he aims at. "it (the thread) would help him when God liberates him". Well, if you are so concerned about their liberation, you won't be here typing errors, you would be in your closet interceding. But, obviously you aren't concerned about the interceding aspect but the critics (but the Bible never asked us to criticise as Christians but to labour in prayer for the lost). How then are you sure you are a Christian yourself?

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by damosky12(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2015
My prayer is that your eyes of understanding be opened that you may know what the gospel of Christ really is about and that you may ginosko what is the hope of His calling and the riches of His Glory.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Gives $2,000 To Ghanaian Student Who Sowed Seed With House Rent / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.