Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (71760 Views)

Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video) / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 8:30am On Apr 16, 2015
You know better, share with us a single false doctrine from Corinthians

sammied:

The corinthians church subscribe to false doctrines. Go and read extensively on it. Was that enough reason for Paul to label the whole body a Cult?

It seems you people don't even know what you're saying self.

https://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2012/08/letters-to-the-church-1-corinthians/

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by sammied(m): 8:41am On Apr 16, 2015
vooks:

I do not know better. You have a bible go study it. We all have one. Don't you? But if you cannot. I will outline them after work today.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by sammied(m): 8:56am On Apr 16, 2015
vooks:
Will it make Winsomex allegations false if I told you what I have done?

No... It will not make his allegations false or true. But then it will let us know that you have the right and authority to tear down. Because we will know what you have built or building. That's the scriptural examples.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 9:11am On Apr 16, 2015
Don't be too smart, setting criticism standards too high for anyone to keep your MoG 'above reproach'.

In the fewest words tell me who has a right to point out to a falsehood in the body of Christ
sammied:

No... It will not make his allegations false or true. But then it will let us know that you have the right and authority to tear down. Because we will know what you have built or building. That's the scriptural examples.

Cheers!
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 9:11am On Apr 16, 2015
Waiting...tic toc
sammied:

I do not know better. You have a bible go study it. We all have one. Don't you? But if you cannot. I will outline them after work today.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by sammied(m): 9:30am On Apr 16, 2015
vooks:
Don't be too smart, setting criticism standards too high for anyone to keep your MoG 'above reproach'.

In the fewest words tell me who has a right to point out to a falsehood in the body of Christ

So the examples of Rick Joyner and Reinhard Bonke I gave is not enough for you? You didn't read it?

Now I remember that I was warned about you people always avoiding the truths earlier even when it there for you to see.

Oyakhilome is not my Pastor, I don't go to CE. I AM A LOVER OF EVERYONE IN THE BODY OF CHRIST.

One thing is certain you don't have that right, neither Winsomex.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by sammied(m): 9:41am On Apr 16, 2015
vooks:

Waiting...tic toc

I taught initially that you were someone who could look from another person perspective aside your own rigid one... Just like I have throughout this thread.

I accepted that some of the allegations about CE are true and some not true. And that even those which are true are not enough reason to label a whole body of believers a Cult.
You have refused to see that. No need for me to make further explanation. You wouldn't see it. So... Go study corinthians for yourself... If you can't. Good. I will outline nothing no matter what you say. I retract my my word on that.

Cheers!
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2015
sammied:

So the examples of Rick Joyner and Reinhard Bonke I gave is not enough for you? You didn't read it?

Now I remember that I was warned about you people always avoiding the truths earlier even when it there for you to see.

Oyakhilome is not my Pastor, I don't go to CE. I AM A LOVER OF EVERYONE IN THE BODY OF CHRIST.

Told y'all this bloke, vooks, needs some thick lensed glasses. grin

Nice one Buddy. They think it's their God given right to criticise. Wx aka DB believes it's his ministry to rebuke ministers. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:42am On Apr 16, 2015
vooks:

I did a quick browsing through Corinthians 1&2 and found no occasion were Paul accused the Corinthians of false doctrine. Not one. I look fwd to what Sammied has in response to this.

Unlike the book of Galatians where he attacked the false doctrine of Judaism.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2015
sammied:

Rather than mention Bonkke and Joyner, you may want to point us to one scripture that says something like: the only time you have the right to point out errors and show who false prophets and their ministries are, is when you have met a certain minimum standard in Christian ministry. When you have "built" something.

Bonkke and Joyner are not the bible.

While at it, please point out the false doctrine in the epistles to the Corinthians. I couldn't find one, in case you did.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:58am On Apr 16, 2015
Gombs:

I wish NL tsunami did not happen at all. That thread was a comedy central.

Yeah... right. He has the tsunami to thank for that else....! grin

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
WinsomeX:

While at it, please point out the false doctrine in the epistles to the Corinthians. I couldn't find one, in case you did.

1. 2 Corinthians 11:4 "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him]."

The false apostle(s) came into the church from the outside just as Satan did into the Garden. They were like the Judaizers, seeking to impose Jewish customs on the Corinthians.

Their fascination with rhetoric and oratory suggest they had been influenced by Greek culture and philosophy.

Despite their vicious attacks on him, Paul’s quarrel with the false apostles was not personal, but doctrinal (remember what Jo was trying to tell you?) Read from the start of his page.. Those things you highlighted as what makes CE a cult, were they doctrinal? I can't remember you attack CE doctrines much (maybe speaking in tongues only) ... But the person of pastor Chris has always been your specialty... From his hair, to voice, to rhapsody to TV to etc. Yours was a personal vendetta.

2. They claimed to be apostles; in fact, they claimed to be "super apostles", 2Cor.11:5; cf. 11:13. They set themselves up as superior to Paul, cf.11:12; Rev.2:2.

3. They claimed to teach the "true gospel" (like you and some other folks here), 11:4.

What exactly did they teach, as in 2Cor.11:4; cf. chapter 3. ??

a. Another Jesus. A misrepresentation of the plan of God by the process of addition to the Word of God.

b. They misrepresented certain aspects of the person of Christ.

c. A different gospel. They taught salvation by faith plus works following the pattern of the Judaizers of Act.15:5.

Should I continue?
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
WHY CHRIST EMBASSY DIFFER FROM THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH

Gombs,

There was a need to point out to Sammied that there was no specific doctrinal error Paul was contending in his epistles to the Corinthians bc Sammied was of the opinion that the Corinthians can be likened to CE but Paul still referred to them as saints. But vooks brought up the point that Paul had no doctrinal issues with the Corinthians except their practices.

Knowing vooks for his very peculiar questions, like the one he asked mbaemeka about Paul's snake bite on the island Malta, I looked up Corinthians and saw no doctrinal errors in the two epistles. That 2Cor scriptures, cannot be called doctrinal but his reference to false prophets. Paul was not specific as to what they taught. And even at that, he told us who they were and what they represent:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

These men were not "saints" but agents of the devil therefore will share in his eternal judgement.

In Galatians, however, Paul was specific as to the doctrine he was dealing with:

[b]Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised: 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?… 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. [/b]

Paul made the doctrinal error clear enough in Galatians which was mixing Judaism with Christianity. He told them the consequences of doing such: such were accursed people and had fallen from grace. And those who believed and taught these doctrines, he never called saints but...

Philippians 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

... He called them dogs.

The consequence of false doctrines is eternal damnation:

1 Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

While mere error in practice can be repented of.

Again the CE is a cult bc it teaches WoF. A damnable heresy that has no scriptural foundation. If many assemblies will be excused for erroneously imbibing WoF, CE cannot bc she has taken WoF to a cult level. As the article from Charisma indicated, CE teaches WoF with a gnostic twist. They idolize their Pastor, the same way the Christian Science does Eddy Baker. And in the midst if it all the most perversive sexual sins occur.

That's cultism. And thus the need to sound the alarm against the church.

It is not mere error in practice as was found with the Corinthians.

And even if the practices in CE can be compared to those of the Corinthians, never forget that Paul pointed those things out to correct them. For the adulterer he insisted on repentance.

Not so with CE: CE revels in her sins. And they asked to be excused, using the Corinthians as examples. And Paul's epistles to the Corinthians was not excusing them in any way.

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by sammied(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
WinsomeX:

Rather than mention Bonkke and Joyner, you may want to point us to one scripture that says something like: the only time you have the right to point out errors and show who false prophets and their ministries are, is when you have met a certain minimum standard in Christian ministry. When you have "built" something.

Bonkke and Joyner are not the bible.

Initially I was serious with pointing out truths With you guys. I was quite sincere but I know now what you guys are: exactly what someone said initially.

So I will just be strolling along this thread.

You desperately avoid truths even when the answer has been given.

Yes I will give Bonke and Joyner and many more over n over again. These are men that you cannot even stand on their platform in terms of results(I know about your eternity theory... Which I already debunked)

Now, you're hiding because you have apparently built nothing except all these Internet, faceless "Spiritual policeman ministry" Read 2nd Corinth 8v10....Paul had authority.. But he used it for building up and not tearing down even though he could.

Go read Jeremiah 1v10....he was commissioned to tear down but also to build up, to uproot and to plant. And I believe we are still reading what he tore down and the things he built up.....

You're just being unserious with my post, seriously I careless. Did I talk about attaining a standard? Lol...
I only show you biblical precedent and patterns which is far superior to your opinions. Be like the Bible characters I showed earlier in my posts. Of course I guess you cannot be like them... You're so preoccupied with all these
e-Spiritual policeman ministry.

Check Gombes..... Post.... He has provided answers to the corinthians church you ask above. If you're not satisfied. Go do your own research. Thank God you admit about the church in Galatia. It's still a perfect example of this discuss.
Cheers!
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
sammied:

Initially I was serious with pointing out truths With you guys. I was quite sincere but I know now what you guys are: exactly what someone said initially.

So I will just be strolling along this thread.

You desperately avoid truths even when the answer has been given.

Yes I will give Bonke and Joyner and many more over n over again. These are men that you cannot even stand on their platform in terms of results(I know about your eternity theory... Which I already debunked)

Now, you're hiding because you have apparently built nothing except all these Internet, faceless "Spiritual policeman ministry" Read 2nd Corinth 8v10....Paul had authority.. But he used it for building up and not tearing down even though he could.

Go read Jeremiah 1v10....he was commissioned to tear down but also to build up, to uproot and to plant. And I believe we are still reading what he tore down and the things he built up.....

You're just being unserious with my post, seriously I careless. Did I talk about attaining a standard? Lol...
I only show you biblical precedent and patterns which is far superior to your opinions. Be like the Bible characters I showed earlier in my posts. Of course I guess you cannot be like them... You're so preoccupied with all these
e-Spiritual policeman ministry.

Check Gombes..... Post.... He has provided answers to the corinthians church you ask above. If you're not satisfied. Go do your own research. Thank God you admit about the church in Galatia. It's still a perfect example of this discuss.
Cheers!

Alright... You have no scriptures for your "built" ascertion than Bonkke and Joyner. You should never have entered into this discuss in the first place.

Cheers to you to.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
Sammied, well done. You've done a lot here already.

Look carefully, see what WX wrote about Galatians church. They are same as the Corinthians church. They both had issues of a false doctrine esp of salvation, they mixed Christianity with Judaism, etc.

Care less about WX, like you rightly said... He prides himself in his e-spiritual police ministry.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
Those were not doctrinal correction but sin, no?
sammied:

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
I was prepared to see your perspective but am certain there were no doctrinal corrections in Corinthians. But since ow we know in part, I was looking forward to your wisdom on this. Unfortunately, you are not prepared to substantiate your claims of doctrinal errors of Corinthians save brushing that aside. Interesting times we are living in.

We have epistles where doctrinal errors are tackled, so clear they are impossible to miss even with casual study of the scriptures. Redeem yourself by sharing with us a list of doctrinal errors Paul tackled at Corinthians or just withdraw in humility cheesy

sammied:

I taught initially that you were someone who could look from another person perspective aside your own rigid one... Just like I have throughout this thread.

I accepted that some of the allegations about CE are true and some not true. And that even those which are true are not enough reason to label a whole body of believers a Cult.
You have refused to see that. No need for me to make further explanation. You wouldn't see it. So... Go study corinthians for yourself... If you can't. Good. I will outline nothing no matter what you say. I retract my my word on that.

Cheers!
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
Work on your rants and then make time and with wisdom and sincerity respond to Winsomex wink
Gombs:

Told y'all this bloke, vooks, needs some thick lensed glasses. grin

Nice one Buddy. They think it's their God given right to criticise. Wx aka DB believes it's his ministry to rebuke ministers. undecided
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by sammied(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
WinsomeX:

Alright... You have no scriptures for your "built" ascertion than Bonkke and Joyner. You should never have entered into this discuss in the first place.

Cheers to you to.

So you didn't see 2nd Corinth 8v10, Jeremiah 1v10....only Bonke and Joyner? Of course you can't see it.

Lol... Really...

I shouldn't have entered the thread? Well I have entered. Lol... And I will keep debunking your e-Spiritual policeman ministry.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
SUMMARY OF THREAD UP TILL PAGE 9

1. INTRODUCTION BY WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult#32353049

2. CHRISTIAN SCIENCE, MORMONS, JEHOVAH WITNESSES AND WOF BY WALTER MARTIN: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult#32365032

3. THE FALSE GOSPEL OF CHRIST EMBASSY BY WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/1#32381792

4. INTRODUCTION TO KINGDOM OF THE CULTS BY WALTER MARTIN: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/1#32393735

5. CULT SEMANTICS BY WALTER MARTIN: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/2#32417698

6. DISSECTING A CHRIS OYAKHILOME TEACHING BY WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/3#32488776

7. THE PSYCHOLOGICAL STRUCTURE OF CULTISM BY WALTER MARTIN: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/3#32514481

8. AN ANALYSIS INTO OYAKHILOME DOCTRINE OF "A MAN OF GOD CANNOT SIN" BY WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/4#32592680

9. A DEFENCE AGAINST @GOMBS ACCUSATION by WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/5#32642466

10. A DEFENCE OF @SAMMIED ACCUSATION by WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/6#32710292

11. EXAMINING OYAKHILOME by WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/6#32719213

12. A CLOSER LOOK AT PAUL'S "PROSPERITY" by WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/7#32726977

13. FALSE PROPHETS, FOREIGN CHARLATANS AND GLOBAL DECEPTION by J Lee Grady: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/7#32738274

14. WHY CHRIST EMBASSY DIFFER FROM THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH by WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/9#32783789

15. LAYING TO REST @SAMMIED TEARING DOWN ACCISATION by WX: www.nairaland.com/2237377/christ-embassy-church-cult/9#32792241
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
LAYING TO REST @SAMMIED TEARING DOWN ACCUSATION

Before I begin the analysis on this response, it's important to let the readers know that Sammied position is that if anyone will be involved in "tearing down", he ought to have built something. I have requested scriptures for such ascertion and apart from Rick Joyner and Reinhard Bonkke, he has provided two scriptures. We shall be looking at those scriptures now.

sammied:

So you didn't see 2nd Corinth 8v10, Jeremiah 1v10....only Bonke and Joyner? Of course you can't see it.

2 Corinthians 8:10 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.

I honestly see do not see anything in this scripture that has anything to do with building up or tearing down. You may want to check your references again. Even 1 Cor 8:10 has no significance for the subject.

Jeremiah 1:10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Now this one is relevant.

Many years ago, the Lord gave me a word that would prove as turning point for my life and ministry. When I protested against preaching that message, this was the verse the Lord refereed me to. There I saw for the first time that there was going to be more negative than positive in the true apostle or prophet life. He would first root out, pull down destroy and throw down before he ever ventures out to build and plant.

It makes sense. A farmer approaches an overgrown field, he does not just begin to plant. He has to pull out the weeds and then plant.

When Jesus began his ministry, he would say: "you have heard... But I say...". In other words, he pulled down what was already established and help set their hearts on truth. Paul has the same testimony:

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Gospel preaching is warfare. It is pulling down false doctrine so as to establish the truth in men's heart.

This is not usually the case though, except widespread apostasy and error is prevalent in the polity. So it was with Jeremiah, Jesus, Paul and Luther. Luther nailing the 95 thesis was not child's play. It was rooting out. When such was established he began to plant.

That's the place of rooting out, my dear. And one clear doctrine that must be rooted out of men's minds today is Word of Faith. And one clear church that must rooted out bc it is a cult is CE.

sammied:

Lol... Really...

I shouldn't have entered the thread? Well I have entered. Lol... And I will keep debunking your e-Spiritual policeman ministry.

Cheers!

Well, be my guest.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by MuttleyLaff: 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
sammied:
Ricky Joyner could rebuke Todd Bentley when he fell... Why? Because he's a man of impeccable character and we can all see what he's built over the years.

Reinhard Bonke was involved in restoring Benny hinns marriage. In fact he rebuked and I told Benny he must get back to his wife. Today their marriage is fully restored and moving forward. I have plenty more examples. And of course, the works Bonke have done for the Lord, are we waiting till eternity to know at least some of it? These are men of strong character and Godly results.

sammied:

What's with the Ricky Joyner and Reinhard Bonke cringing name dropping?

Also get the facts right, Benny didnt want out from his wife, but it was the other way round, his wife wanted out
so saying "he rebuked and I told Benny he must get back to his wife" is making up stories
Unless you want to stir up what lies under the floorboards, Benny wasnt leaving his wife and never needed to get back to her

Kerch$ing mullah and the once tasted privileged lifestyle of the rich,
had a lot to do with his wife withdrawing her divorce proceeding and toeing the line again
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hey WinsomeX, PastorKun et all

Check out this pic. I went to the ATM and saw this. Seems the world has moved forward leaving you lots behind.

I can now pay my tithes from my phone, with an app? Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaise da Loooord. grin

You can add this too.. WoF bank, since we have WoF piano, building etc

Sorry for derailing

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by vooks: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
It takes you a whole day of Google to string a rumour of false doctrines from Corinthians?

Negro, you got jokes cheesy

Gombs:

1. 2 Corinthians 11:4 "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him]."

The false apostle(s) came into the church from the outside just as Satan did into the Garden. They were like the Judaizers, seeking to impose Jewish customs on the Corinthians.

Their fascination with rhetoric and oratory suggest they had been influenced by Greek culture and philosophy.

Despite their vicious attacks on him, Paul’s quarrel with the false apostles was not personal, but doctrinal (remember what Jo was trying to tell you?) Read from the start of his page.. Those things you highlighted as what makes CE a cult, were they doctrinal? I can't remember you attack CE doctrines much (maybe speaking in tongues only) ... But the person of pastor Chris has always been your specialty... From his hair, to voice, to rhapsody to TV to etc. Yours was a personal vendetta.

2. They claimed to be apostles; in fact, they claimed to be "super apostles", 2Cor.11:5; cf. 11:13. They set themselves up as superior to Paul, cf.11:12; Rev.2:2.

3. They claimed to teach the "true gospel" (like you and some other folks here), 11:4.

What exactly did they teach, as in 2Cor.11:4; cf. chapter 3. ??

a. Another Jesus. A misrepresentation of the plan of God by the process of addition to the Word of God.

b. They misrepresented certain aspects of the person of Christ.

c. A different gospel. They taught salvation by faith plus works following the pattern of the Judaizers of Act.15:5.

Should I continue?
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
Gombs:
Sammied, well done. You've done a lot here already.

Look carefully, see what WX wrote about Galatians church. They are same as the Corinthians church. They both had issues of a false doctrine esp of salvation, they mixed Christianity with Judaism, etc.

Care less about WX, like you rightly said... He prides himself in his e-spiritual police ministry.
Statements like 'It's a lie', 'You don't get it' 'Rubbish', etc don't really answer a question or an issue. 

They end up being attempts at making the one on the opposite side appear wrong when no genuine rebuttal is really given. 

Gombs in particular seem to be mastering in e-comedy and sarcasm. 

If 'it's a lie' then show what the 'truth' is. If 'you don't get it' then make your position clearer. If 'it's rubbish' then provide the good side. If 'rebuke' is to be done in love show how the BIBLE prescribes it. We can then use the Bible yardstick not just to evaluate WinsomeX but also Gombs and everyone else. 

If anyone 'needs some thick lensed glasses' it is Gombs. Because he feels "They think it's their God given right to criticise." he has made it his 'self-given right' to equally 'criticise' without thinking he's doing the same thing as 'them'. He has found an ally in Sammied who appear to tickle him at every turn. 
So who has the 'right'?

I've said elsewhere on this thread that:
"The issue ultimately should be whether or not what is being preached agrees with the Scripture. The word of God should be more highly regarded than anything else - whether man or man's teachings."

Let's take how you folks in CE deal with a few issues - sickness and poverty. What you do is take some portions of scripture and then conclude like Gombs did that: 
"The good book just told us Jesus broke the powers of he who had the power of death and free all those who's been in bondage of fear of death. Sickness and diseases, poverty etc are not of God, they put alot of folks under bondage, and subsequently fear of death.". 

What you fail to do is to reconcile this your position with portions of scripture like: 
1. Jesus Christ's identification with the following -
35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'(Matthew 25). 

2. Paul' references to the sick - 
1 Timothy 5:23 "(No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.)"
2 Timothy 4:20 "Erastus remained at Corinth, and I left Trophimus, who was ill, at Miletus."

3. James' references to the poor and sick - 
James 2:2-4 "2 For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in,
3 and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, "You sit here in a good place," while you say to the poor man, "You stand over there," or, "Sit down at my feet,"
4 have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?"
James 2:5 "Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?"
James 2:15-17 "15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,
16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."
James 5:14 "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

My question then, for starters, to Gombs & Co is this: how do you reconcile your stand in CE on Sickness and poverty with these portions of Scripture I have quoted above?

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by nannymcphee(f): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
Joagbaje:
TRASH !!!! . No one teaches such things in ce . Speaking in tongues can't be taught . What we can say is rather to teach you on how to RECIEVE the holyspirit . Not how to speak in tongues. Christ embassy is a sound bible teaching ministry . And satan won't stop ,manipulating propangada . To gullible ears

I will fault you here sir!! some of the things in this thread is based on a false impression of how CE is viewed based on isolated or negligible actions of few individuals in the ministry

Eg, the young men went to church & had this experience, in his mind he will think that this is what's obtainable in every CE, he might even go as as far as assuming that, the brother that briefed them is a pastor or a high ranking leader considering the fact that he was entrusted that responsibility of attending to first timers

Rather than call it thrash, you would have explained what the right thing ought to be!!

I once attended a meeting where a cell leader called folks who weren't filled with the Holy Spirit, he laid hands on them & he started to speak in tongues, telling them to just open their mouth to speak, he then proceeded to hold their arms & shake them telling them to speak

his Pcf leader walked in at that point & corrected the situation, if a first timer was there won't he leave there with the impression that CE forces people to speak in tongues (assuming if the situation wasn't corrected, even with the correction sef)

You don't know much about me, I have spent years in this ministry, will you call me a liar too?

Have you asked yourself why most folks think that CE teaches people how to speak in tongues or forces people to speak in tongues?

your quoted post sir is one of the reasons these assumptions continue to fester

The young man also wrote this

And this issue of cell leader is confusing. The brother also said we cannot approach the pastor directly.

The above is probably another misunderstanding of what was probably said, maybe the brother was trying to explain the cell system & the way the church has been structured, the poster of the opinion that you don't have direct access to a CE pastor, this again is what feeds this kind of thread or assumptions people have about the ministry, which you haven't corrected

PS: hope you get the angle I'm coming from, some of the things written on this thread is the truth, while some stems from wrong perceptions or assumptions gathered from isolated actions of individuals in the ministry

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by nannymcphee(f): 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
you will agree with me that some of these happens when immature brethren are given responsibilities to handle & when the wrong things are done or words are used, the first timer runs with such after all, it was done by a leader( not knowing that the so call leader wasn't mature)

This ranges from dressing, to tongues, to giving, everything u can think of

as I earlier stated there are wrong practices but alot also stems from isolated actions from individuals

Winsomex you talked about marriages earlier on, do you know that pastor Chris never knew that such was going on, until he found out & addressed the situation, he is still doing that till date( there are details i can't go Into)

As I have stated in older posts, some things that are happening aren't known at the top, while some starts from the top, others either an over zealous member or leader acting based on his or her discretion.

The results are what is being pointed out on this thread
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 11:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
^^
Thank you ma'am. You're such a blessing in dishing out some explanations. WinsomeX will still get another book or blog., and hit CE maybe this time as a ... It's his ministry.
grin

Trustman... I have chosen to ignore you, no offence inteded please. NB:Jesus was NEVER sick.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by trustman: 8:36am On Apr 18, 2015
Gombs:

Trustman... I have chosen to ignore you, no offence inteded please. NB:Jesus was NEVER sick.
Your refusal to respond has ended up showing how skewed your views on these two issues are. That skewness may then be a pointer to a falsity, error or outright deceit. All of these may be leading us to what WinsomeX has been shouting out loud on this thread. 

Btw, Jesus in his humanity was different from the rest of mankind in at least one way. I guess you folks don't equally understand that.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by damosky12(m): 10:33am On Apr 18, 2015
nannymcphee:
you will agree with me that some of these happens when immature brethren are given responsibilities to handle & when the wrong things are done or words are used, the first timer runs with such after all, it was done by a leader( not knowing that the so call leader wasn't mature)

This ranges from dressing, to tongues, to giving, everything u can think of

as I earlier stated there are wrong practices but alot also stems from isolated actions from individuals

Winsomex you talked about marriages earlier on, do you know that pastor Chris never knew that such was going on, until he found out & addressed the situation, he is still doing that till date( there are details i can't go Into)

As I have stated in older posts, some things that are happening aren't known at the top, while some starts from the top, others either an over zealous member or leader acting based on his or her discretion.

The results are what is being pointed out on this thread
Thanks a lot sister. It's very true that when responsibility is given to an immature leader, he is very likely to confuse the babies. But one thing we must know is the fact that even the original acts of the Spirit are foolishness to the natural men. Hence, even the mature leader is misunderstood. There is bound to be misunderstanding of the things of the Spirit by them. That is why the work of soul winning is a Spiritual exercise, not a physical impression.
If that guy in question misunderstood anything, I doubt it is the fault of the leader but the results of his own long held theology being overwhelmed. He couldn't take it. That's where follow up is expected to come in though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Masturbation? / Apostle Suleman Gives $2,000 To Ghanaian Student Who Sowed Seed With House Rent / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.