Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki (50140 Views)

How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk / PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group / Senate Presidency: APC May Conduct Primaries For Lawan, Saraki, Akume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Kog45(m): 10:56pm On Apr 04, 2015
Texcoco:
It keeps getting worse for Nigeria with that rogue at the helm...
But your father David Mark is a bigger rogue and a senate president for more than 8yrs.I now realized how painful u are for having people choice Buhari as d president and it will also be painful for having Bucky as d senate president.Just take heart because for next 4yrs d anti corruption crusade of Buhari would be painful to corrupt minded like u who want to continue swimming in corruption.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Teebashy(f): 11:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
dollyptosh:
What faculty?
Bros abeg forget am
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by notformealone: 11:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
I am not a fan of Saraki- too much baggage but he has paid his dues, he took risks to work for the APC and boy he delivered. Kwara is now a APC state.

If the PDP did not rig heavily in Anambra, Ngige would have won hands down. He would have been my preferred choice. Going forward, it is only sensible that Saraki from the NC gets the Senate Presidency.

everytime APC loses an election it is rigging. APC that is one thing I hate about them

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Eyepencil: 11:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
coogar:
they should give it to rochas okorocha!

which yeye saraki?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by nzeadachie: 11:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
Realdeals:
He'll have it! see the arrangement below

Senate President - North Central
Deputy Senate President - South West
House Speaker - South South (Assuming Magnus Abe won, he would have gotten the slot, expect a rep from Edo state to have it)
Deputy Speaker - North East

Watch Attahiru Jega Damming Response To Orubebe Allegations
YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT EVEN ASHAME OF YOURSELFS, SO YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT ASHAME OF CALLING KWARA STATE NORTH?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Emmachina24: 11:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
Please read again before talking your rubbish APC before the election has allotted the positions and the south east/south south got the speaker/COS position while the north central wil be rewarded with the senate president position. It was planned before hand stop blaming
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by chronique(m): 11:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
Saraki? Senate president? I thought APC said they want to purge the system? Why replace "so called corrupt people" with corrupt people? Nigeria,a country where thieves make laws for the people. So as it stands,it means there's nobody with impeccable character from the APC that can be given that position? I hope at the end of the day,we'd enjoy our movement round a circle in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by canalily(m): 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
Pastor ukachukwu, na d same people o o o oundecided abubakar go sell him wicked black dog take the money bought a dangerous white cat grin grin cheesy wink na d same thing naagrin

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by millionboi(m): 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sentiments wil neva allow APC 2tink well,why saraki wen Buhari is d president......Tufiakwa
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by freeyayo(m): 11:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
As an indigene of Kwara am proud to have him rep us in a new government that speaks CHANGE but can you give what you don't have? Just saying....

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by canalily(m): 11:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Teebashy:

Bros abeg forget am
still water runs so deep...smiley yes you...yessad
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Oceemo(m): 11:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
masseratti:
i dont understand this arguement,George Akume also won in benue,Benue voted for APC in the Presidential elections and George Akume is the minority leader,its only natural hew becomes the president of the senate.
I don't even know what these guys here are saying or contemplating but my guess is Akume cus d guy has shown himself he tried Benue 2 has been delivered from backwardness.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by kanosalami: 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
miqos02:
since the s. east sold their birth right
change my ass
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
Gbawe:

My opinion too. It should be Ngige. Yet he is no longer a Senator after May 29th. After all is said and done, Saraki is probably the best choice. Like you, I agree he has baggage but he seems to have come of age and appears to be at that level where Politicians begin to eye a positive legacy. He might see his position as redemption and a second chance to be a dynamic and pro-people Senate President perhaps preparing the grounds for a future presidential challenge. His commitment to the APC cause and hard work on behalf of the Party is commendable and indicative of how he is a determined and resourceful character who could be very useful helping the APC pass laws beneficial for Nigeria.

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by kanosalami: 11:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
millionboi:
Sentiments wil neva allow APC 2tink well,why saraki wen Buhari is d president......Tufiakwa
APC change!!! we they wait
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by igbsam(m): 11:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
Texcoco:
It keeps getting worse for Nigeria with that rogue at the helm...

Pray you don't die before your time because of all this your hate comments all over facebook. I feel so sorry for you!

Meanwhile, nobody on here is paying attention to you anymore, if this is your way of getting attention from nairaland to remain relevant, then my brother....you are doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Kog45(m): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
chronique:
Saraki? Senate president? I thought APC said they want to purge the system? Why replace "so called corrupt people" with corrupt people? Nigeria,a country where thieves make laws for the people. So as it stands,it means there's nobody with impeccable character from the APC that can be given that position? I hope at the end of the day,we'd enjoy our movement round a circle in this country.
Tinubu na thief,Ameachi na thief,okorocha na thief,akume na thief,Saraki na thief,Fashola na thief but deziane madueke na saint,Stella oduah na saint,Alamayseiah na saint,Akpabio na saint,Mark na saint,okonjo iwealla na saint,Bode George na saint even Father of modern corruption GEJ na saint.God go safe Nigeria.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by synergycom19: 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
The same zoning that GEJ destroyed in the PDP.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Eyepencil: 11:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
SARAKI IS AT THIEF SIMPLE, LET THEM LOOK FOR ANOTHER SMALLER THIEF COS ALL OF THEM ARE THIEVES

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by fxjohn2: 11:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Well, since he is not part of his father's generation he should be enligthened enough to do a good job if he gets the job.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by fio(m): 11:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ah!!!....saraki bawo
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by omonnakoda: 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
doctokwus:
Just getting to know APC produced 2 HOR members from Imo state,that's great,very great.
[s] If means d next speaker might be from d east [/s]since d east has lost out in d race to be f Senate president.
I just hope Imolites would be sensible and return okorocha to that seat by resisting all attempts to rig him out.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by theSpark(m): 11:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
PDP can test their opposition powers by rejecting his candidature if they are not OK with him. APC may be majority but their number is not up to 72 which is 2/3 .

Let's see how smart it gets.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
Why not George Akume? Akume delivered his state for the Apc. Benue was hitherto a Pdp controlled state. He personally funded the Apc in the state and I'm sure he contributed a lot to the national coffers too. What did Saraki do that Akume didn't do? Remember it was a closely fought battle Btw Akume and david mark at the time. The latter only won by a few votes. Ii believe akumes position as Senate minority leader stands him in a better stead to become the senate president as against Saraki who is just being hyped

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by omonnakoda: 11:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
theSpark:
PDP can test their opposition powers by rejecting his candidature if they are not OK with him. APC may be majority but their number is not up to 72 which is 2/3 .

Let's see how smart it gets.
What relevance is 2/3 in this particular issue

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by dollyptosh(m): 11:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
Teebashy:

Bros abeg forget am
Okay
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by dollyptosh(m): 11:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by spiralwedge(m): 11:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
agent22:
Vice president yoruba
Senate president yoruba.
Now we know the kind of change they r talking about.

i guess u live in Togo or Congo, cos Nigeria doesn't use tribes for things like this, rather it is the geopolitical zones that are used. I bet u left home since 1993.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by GeorgeAmax(m): 11:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
I know they we soon start fighting themselves

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by theSpark(m): 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
omonnakoda:
What relevance is 2/3 in this particular issue

I stand to be corrected but I think you may need two third of the vote to become President of the Senate. I don't think it's a simple majority thing.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by VirginFinder: 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Gbawe:

My opinion too. It should be Ngige. Yet he is no longer a Senator after May 29th. After all is said and done, Saraki is probably the best choice. Like you, I agree he has baggage but he seems to have come of age and appears to be at that level where Politicians begin to eye a positive legacy. He might see his position as redemption and a second chance to be a dynamic and pro-people Senate President perhaps preparing the grounds for a future presidential challenge. His

So you too.can talk like this?!

Positions rotate between the north and south.

How can a southerner be number 3 when a southerner is already number 2?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pat Utomi: Fulanis Made Me Rich, They Did More For Me Than My Own People / Buhari's Portrait Hung On A Pole In Cameroon (Photo) / Fayose Shows Off His "Shaku Shaku" Dancing Skills At His Daughter's Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.