Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki (50136 Views)

How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk / PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group / Senate Presidency: APC May Conduct Primaries For Lawan, Saraki, Akume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by fmthegreat: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2015
Saraki deserves it for a job welldone
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by RAO1(m): 9:13am On Apr 05, 2015
masseratti:
i dont understand this arguement,George Akume also won in benue,Benue voted for APC in the Presidential elections and George Akume is the minority leader,its only natural hew becomes the president of the senate.
I laff u . buhari lost woefully in nassarawa....won with a slight margin in Benue ( haba! benue again)where we av d longest serving Senate president...... Kwara gets it! BUKOLA won bajestically for APC
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by kuuljay(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2015
coogar:
they should give it to rochas okorocha!

which yeye saraki?
rochas is not a senator
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Teebashy(f): 9:36am On Apr 05, 2015
beentarh:

Saraki has been a good man. We Kwara have nothing against him pls.
Are u sure u are from kwara or living in kwara

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Teebashy(f): 9:37am On Apr 05, 2015
corpROYAL:

l know they are still going to give him but, it always good to check his previous act in kwara. ask common neutral man on the street of kwara, do it inform of random sampling and listen to what they will tell you.

notwithstanding, since he is going to be the next senate president. let just keep our finger cross and see how it goes.
Abi oooooo my broda
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by baumolina(m): 10:11am On Apr 05, 2015
So David Mark will now be his boy..Life sha.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ceejayluv(m): 10:13am On Apr 05, 2015
doctokwus:
Just getting to know APC produced 2 HOR members from Imo state,that's great,very great.
If means d next speaker might be from d east since d east has lost out in d race to be f Senate president.
I just hope Imolites would be sensible and return okorocha to that seat by resisting all attempts to rig him out.
Rochas has performed well in IMO, so no shaking. I dunno what's giving the impression that he's not wanted anymore.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ruffDiamond: 10:34am On Apr 05, 2015
senate president? hell NO! that saraki of a thing is a confirmed pen robber ana a rogue alongside his late father sola saraki! the sarakis family looted kwara blind and dead!just cos he delivered kwara to apc does not and never make him a true progrssive ! he s got a load of questions to answer buhari must nevr make the mistake of putting a questionable dubious sly and dishonest crazy looter like saraki anywhere near his govermemt as doing so will be the beginiing of buhari s goverment downfall embarassed i wont like to see that rat faced thief on dat seat let him take his amala and ewedu gbegiri elsewhere abeg

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ceejayluv(m): 10:38am On Apr 05, 2015
1009ja:
If Saraki is senate president, the anti corruption image that Buhari has cultivated will be rubbished. Nobody will believe APC and the promises it made Nigerians. This is where Buhari puts his feet down and demand someone else. Saraki is poster boy for corruption and has so many corrutption cases on-gong. how would a hugely corruption Saraki shepherd the legislation reforms that the new NASS is going to face, including the reform of EFCC. Buhari should not fail even before he starts. Tinubu will try to load the system with a bunch of his fellow looters so as to dilute the scrutiny he is going to face as a new anti corruption drive gets underway. Unless Buhari is going to tell Nigerians that with his wide knowledge of the Nigerian landscape, he can't find somewhat honest people he will work with - people who backgrounds are not as clouded as the Tinubus and the Sarakis.
Isn't it too early for Gmb to impose candidates?, LET the house decide

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by naijafresh: 10:47am On Apr 05, 2015
fmthegreat:
Saraki deserves it for a job welldone

You seem to have forgotten who Saraki really is

He will treat the nations economy like Societe Generale, break the bank and cart off the loot to share with his family and cronies.

We have no option but to sup with the devil, we just need to remember the long spoon.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Longluk: 10:48am On Apr 05, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://leadership.ng/news/423111/senate-presidency-apc-leaders-push-for-saraki

Well....Saraki may be the likely candidate, but it won't be that easy for him to clinched Senate presidency because of PDP goons. PDP will have a big say on who will be the next senate president through voting. Saraki leave their party nd went to APC which is one of the reason why they lose Kwara. PDP has never lose in Kwara before if not now. They will want to use this to take a pound of flesh out of Saraki and vote for whoever will contest with him just like how Tambuwal emerge as speaker then. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by naijafresh: 10:51am On Apr 05, 2015
Teebashy:

Are u sure u are from kwara or living in kwara

We Nigerians appear to have a short memory, either that or we just live for our own pockets. I guess the societe generale bank incident has been quietly forgotten, aided perhaps with some ghana must go bags passed under the table.

When the Americans invaded Iraq, they sacked the entire army and police force and in the end caused more chaos and disruption than ever imagined. Sometimes you have to work with the corrupt and tainted for the common good. Just like Gorbachev bringing down the iron curtain, they thought he was one of them when he was elected but he showed them he had other more noble ideas, we hope GMB champions the cause of Nigeria and Nigerians not just APC and its leadership.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by fred06: 11:01am On Apr 05, 2015
It would have been Ngige being senate president...but the Igbos know how to destroy their own son...only reason being that he supported BUHARI...

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by porka: 11:15am On Apr 05, 2015
masseratti:
i dont understand this arguement,George Akume also won in benue,Benue voted for APC in the Presidential elections and George Akume is the minority leader,its only natural hew becomes the president of the senate.

Sidon there.

The government of the Fulani, by the Fulani and for the Fulani.

Buharitocracy.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by porka: 11:17am On Apr 05, 2015
fred06:
It would have been Ngige being senate president...but the Igbos know how to destroy their own son...only reason being that he supported BUHARI...

It's called democracy.

People have a choice to destroy whoever they want to destroy, including themselves.

Majority Nigerians just voted for someone without a requisite qualification for the office. That's their choice.

You chose your own and allow others to chose their own.

Yoruba was in the opposition for decades.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by porka: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2015
Longluk:

Well....Saraki may be the likely candidate, but it won't be that easy for him to clinched Senate presidency because of PDP goons. PDP will have a big say on who will be the next senate president through voting. Saraki leave their party nd went to APC which is one of the reason why they lose Kwara. PDP has never lose in Kwara before if not now. They will want to use this to take a pound of flesh out of Saraki and vote for whoever will contest with him just like how Tambuwal emerge as speaker then. Mark my words.

The argument also applies to all the top contenders of the post.

Akume was a governor under PDP for 8 years too. He too, like Saraki, also left the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by niello: 11:26am On Apr 05, 2015
chronique:
Saraki? Senate president? I thought APC said they want to purge the system? Why replace "so called corrupt people" with corrupt people? Nigeria,a country where thieves make laws for the people. So as it stands,it means there's nobody with impeccable character from the APC that can be given that position? I hope at the end of the day,we'd enjoy our movement round a circle in this country.

Maybe when they "purge" Tinubu away from the system first, then they will be taken serious about removing the corrupt people. If you think Saraki is "too corrupt" and therefore should not be Senate President, then wait till you meet me face-to-face so that I tell you how corrupt politics can be. My first cousin is married to Tinubu's niece. So I have inside information than you may think. Dude, there are no saints in politics. The only good thing that has happened is that Tinubu decided to use the last man standing in Nigeria (on integrity), Buhari, and it worked. You have to give it to him for that. I do. He has my respect on that. I have met Bukola in person...he took me to his inner parlour in his Maitama residence. If anybody deserves the Senate President seat as we speak, its Bukola Saraki. Deal with it. Fashola or Tinubu is no saint. If I tell you what goes on in politics, you'd understand why I don't discuss it on social media. Don't be surprised the number of men from PDP that will still make it to Buhari's government. Saraki paid his dues politically. He is intelligent and played his cards right. He made huge selfless sacrifices for Tinubu's APC. He's not a lightweight politician at all. Now they are talking of rewarding him and you suddenly think he's corrupt? Give me a break, dude!

Change or no change. It is politics that removed Jonathan and brought in Buhari and it is the same politics that will bring in the team members of Buhari's administration, not what you or me write here or on social media. Even in America, its the same story. Sho ti gbo?

Don't bother which party I support. As far as am concerned we have the same types of people in two different parties in Nigeria. The only exception is Buhari and the next 4 years will tell us how long more he can retain his uncompromising status, with the likes of Tinubu engineering his emergence and success.

We are still evolving but there is progress.

Make I chop Easter rice and chicken abeg. My wife is calling me to the table.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by porka: 11:37am On Apr 05, 2015
femialiu:
People talk of Saraki in a bad light..but is the man really that bad...just to mention a few.
1. He was the one that exposed the fuel subsidy issue as the then chairman of NGF.
2. He was the one that harmonized the NGF and made it politically relevant
3. He has been shouting about kerosene subsidy and even took it upon himself to conduct a research nationwide on how much kerosene is actually being sold for. This is a policy that should favour the masses. Saraki is one of Diezani greatest headache.
4. He led other PDP senators to decamp from PDP to APC...infact, he submitted the letter to David Mark which mark didn't accept.
5. He stood his ground against the appointment of Koro as a minister and when David Mark insisted, he led the walk out.
6. He worked assiduously for the election of GMB despite the fact that GMB jailed his father (talk of politics without bitterness).
7. Bukky is the leader of APC in the north central and GMB won in 4 states out of 6. 3 of the 4 states won are PDP governed states (Kogi, Niger and Benue) losing in Plateau and Nasarawa with very small margin.

Follow him on twitter and you will understand Bukky is not as bad as the media has made him look.

I was born and bred in Ilorin, ABS as foundly called performed as one of the best governor in Nigeria...He championed some laudable project and even though he "ate the yam", you can not compare him to the likes of suswam or orji. He started most of the things fashola did in Lagos that people are hailing him e.g clearing of Oja Oba, Kw WA, sweeping of the road, planting of trees and flowers, completely renovated Kw State oldest school and many other schools, started Kw State University, distributed free text books to all state owned secondary school students, even Kw United got to Confederation cup during his time....Yes he is corrupt just like most politicians in Nigeria...but his 8 years as Kw State Governor left the state much better than he met the state...

But you probably believe that President Jonathan is as bad as the media perceived him.

The chicken are coming home to roost.

Now that you are having a taste of that bitter pill you guys (including Saraki himself) used against Jonathan's administration to bring his government down, you are bitterly complaining.

Welcome to the real world.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by porka: 11:46am On Apr 05, 2015
naijafresh:
Different faces, same outcome.
From what we can see with names like Saraki being mentioned another era of impunity and reckless corruption will be starting very soon.

Politicians have an insatiable appetite for power, wealth and influence. Now APC is coming into power they can only perform worse than the PDP (personal development party) in looting and accumulation of personal wealth as PDP has set the standard and I doubt they would allow themselves to be outdone.

Looks like APC will be known as Acquisition for personal consumption party. so whats new with politics and politicians in Nigeria?
A few more billionaires will be made and a few million more nigerians will slip below the poverty line yet again.

If APC disappoint then nigerians will have truly had enough, we will sweep away all old school politician and disband both the PDP and APC, watch this space..

May God help us.

From one illusion to another.

From 'change' to 'sweeping'.

You have not even allowed the 'change' to start before thinking of another thing? They have not even been sworn-in yet.

Are you that restless?

Yet you had access to all and every information you needed before you started chanting your 'change' slogan. You boasted that your lord and saviour has all the answers.

Common! At least give your 'change' two years before thinking of bringing 'Angel Gabriel' and 'Archangel Michael' from the moon among the youths with your sweeping.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by doalli: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2015
hassan85:
#TeamAkume Senate president. #TeamKwankwaso Majority leader.
...Akume ko Akume ni..forget it joor...Saraki deserved it Bcs he work for it...#TeamSaiBukky for Senate President
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by porka: 11:54am On Apr 05, 2015
coogar:
they should give it to rochas okorocha!

which yeye saraki?

Are you one of the low information 'change' agents?

Senate presidents always emerge among existing senators.

They don't just 'give' someone. It's not something to be 'dashed-out'.

Okorocha is a governor still, he is running for another term. Someone who is not in the senate cannot be 'given' the senate presidency.

This information is public knowledge, don't just be following, you too can improve yourself so they won't be selling you dummies every time.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by nworanco(m): 11:56am On Apr 05, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
I am not a fan of Saraki- too much baggage but he has paid his dues, he took risks to work for the APC and boy he delivered. Kwara is now a APC state.

If the PDP did not rig heavily in Anambra, Ngige would have won hands down. He would have been my preferred choice. Going forward, it is only sensible that Saraki from the NC gets the Senate Presidency.

Ngige were beaten up and down by Apga candidate Chief Victor Umeh (Ohamadike) just wait for few months and see the result. Thanks
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by samsard(m): 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
I am not a fan of Saraki- too much baggage but he has paid his dues, he took risks to work for the APC and boy he delivered. Kwara is now a APC state.

If the PDP did not rig heavily in Anambra, Ngige would have won hands down. He would have been my preferred choice. Going forward, it is only sensible that Saraki from the NC gets the Senate Presidency.

You guys should stop with all the noise bout rigging, some places are still essentially PDP. The same reason why mark wins, is why Ngige lost coz the greater part of the people are not just ready for APC. The 'change' slogan can earn you thorough beating in certain places, just as PDP can get you killed in others
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by naijafresh: 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
porka:

From one illusion to another.

From 'change' to 'sweeping'.

You have not even allowed the 'change' to start before thinking of another thing? They have not even been sworn-in yet.

Are you that restless?

Yet you had access to all and every information you needed before you started chanting your 'change' slogan. You boasted that your lord and saviour has all the answers.

Common! At least give your 'change' two years before thinking of bringing 'Angel Gabriel' and 'Archangel Michael' from the moon among the youths with your sweeping.

Point humbly taken, some people are more pessimistic than others. I hesitate to sit on the wall and I lean towards the slightly pessimistic camp.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by niello: 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
femialiu:
People talk of Saraki in a bad light..but is the man really that bad...just to mention a few.
1. He was the one that exposed the fuel subsidy issue as the then chairman of NGF.
2. He was the one that harmonized the NGF and made it politically relevant
3. He has been shouting about kerosene subsidy and even took it upon himself to conduct a research nationwide on how much kerosene is actually being sold for. This is a policy that should favour the masses. Saraki is one of Diezani greatest headache.
4. He led other PDP senators to decamp from PDP to APC...infact, he submitted the letter to David Mark which mark didn't accept.
5. He stood his ground against the appointment of Koro as a minister and when David Mark insisted, he led the walk out.
6. He worked assiduously for the election of GMB despite the fact that GMB jailed his father (talk of politics without bitterness).
7. Bukky is the leader of APC in the north central and GMB won in 4 states out of 6. 3 of the 4 states won are PDP governed states (Kogi, Niger and Benue) losing in Plateau and Nasarawa with very small margin.

Follow him on twitter and you will understand Bukky is not as bad as the media has made him look.

I was born and bred in Ilorin, ABS as foundly called performed as one of the best governor in Nigeria...He championed some laudable project and even though he "ate the yam", you can not compare him to the likes of suswam or orji. He started most of the things fashola did in Lagos that people are hailing him e.g clearing of Oja Oba, Kw WA, sweeping of the road, planting of trees and flowers, completely renovated Kw State oldest school and many other schools, started Kw State University, distributed free text books to all state owned secondary school students, even Kw United got to Confederation cup during his time....Yes he is corrupt just like most politicians in Nigeria...but his 8 years as Kw State Governor left the state much better than he met the state...

Bros tell them o. They will come here and open their buccal cavity that Saraki planted his boy, Ahmed is Bukola's boy...

Didn't Tinubu plant Fashola for same reasons? Is Fashola not Tinubu's boy? How can kettle be calling pot black? What is happening in Kwara politically that is not happening in Lagos?

Talking about 8 years of his government, I happen to be working in Benue State during Akume's tenure.

Did you know that George Akume spent 8 years and there was no single project he commissioned until the wee hours of his administration when he put up one Tomato or fruit processing plant in his home town Wannune, a town I consistently visit while on duty. I know Benue so well I almost married from there.

What did Akume do in this last election for GMB/APC that compares to that of Saraki?

Go and talk to persons that lived in Kwara during Bukola's 8 year government...somebody not baised. You will realize if Bukola has 1/10 of the resources Fashola has, he would have turned Kwara to a place you will love to live in. Even as we speak, there are not less than 10 projects that he birthed and are still thriving. Is it the Aviation College or the International Cargo Airport or the State University or the Clean anf Green project? Shonga farms with the Zimbabwe Farmers. Kwara Football Academy. So many other stuffs. He didn't receive the best governor of the year and several other international recognition award by mistake.

Yes, no politician has clean hands so he is no saint, and niether is Fashola or his Godfather Tinubu. Get that into your thick skulls Nigerians.

As a Senator, he raised the issue of subsidy scandal and opened the eyes of Nigerians to what they are doing at NNPC and PPRA. Did well as Senate Committee on Ecology Chairman. Never fail to update his followers regularly of his activities. Almost 100,000 followers on his facebook page. Never afraid to confront Jonathan or David Mark.

Love him or hate him, Bukola Saraki will do well as Senate President no doubt, no matter how much they hate to hear it.

He certainly deserves it.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by niello: 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
billyG:

who be this 1?is smart adeyemi frm kwara?

Must Smart Adeyemi be from Kwara to own assets in Kwara? Is that not where he lived, worked and started life from? Common sense should tell you why he would come to invest some of his looted NASS goodies there. And that becomes possible because somebody made Kwara to be investor-friendly while being a Governor there.

Think bro. Think well before talking.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by niello: 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
shizzleStar:
lol...and the people of kwara keep following him sheepishly pike fools. I have never in my life seen a people or state without a mind of their own, they are largely dependent and don't even have a voice of their own.

The sarakis firm grip on these people is so annoyingly amazing at this age and time, such that one wonders the kind of juju he uses on them. The same people he uses every year for ritual when the ignorant and hungry people stampede themselves to death all in the name of getting a share of their plate of rice and meat from sarakis 'benevolence'...lol

The earlier the people of kwara let themselves off the hook of the saraki dynasty, the better for them. Pathetic set of people

*spits*

You mean like the Tinubu dynasty in Lagos?

*spits+thick yellow kelembes*

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by mranswer: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
iyimide:

My brother.. you are a liar... kwara.. bad road? Where? Thuggery? ?? Where Armed robbery Murder Where Maybe you wan5ed to write kogi cheesy

You're one of "them saraki boy's" aren't you?
im just being honest
1.anyone living in adewole,and one road close to nnpc and fate will tell you
2.there have been several armed robbery operations in gra,fate(the woman robbed was murdered) and several others I can't mention
3.the area boys or rather THUGS who pile them selves up opposite kwara hotel and close to the emirs palace and in taiwo tell me their not thugs who usually threaten or rob people in the night
4. in kwara we barely get pipe borne water and I tell you in Gra there's no water at all
5. I think im gonna stop here for now
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by bablojnr: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
EASTER PROMO!!!!. MTN data share for 1gig @ 1100. Whatsapp 08184732157 or call 08176602847. Offer available for a while to come. or vist this lonk to confirm authenticity. https://www.nairaland.com/2136980/etisalat-data-1gig-1100-naira#32374021.
ETISALAT PROMO DATA ALSO AVAILABLE

Etisalat Data Available
250mb @ #350
500mb @ #700
750mb @ #900
1gb @ #1100
1.5gb @ #1700
2gb @ #2200,
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by coogar: 3:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
kuuljay:
rochas is not a senator

oh my gosh, shut the fück up!

porka:

Are you one of the low information 'change' agents?
Senate presidents always emerge among existing senators.
They don't just 'give' someone. It's not something to be 'dashed-out'.
Okorocha is a governor still, he is running for another term. Someone who is not in the senate cannot be 'given' the senate presidency.
This information is public knowledge, don't just be following, you too can improve yourself so they won't be selling you dummies every time.

can you just shut that cesspit you called a mouth? if you weren't cursed with dyslexia, i already made it clear i was just pulling legs by mentioning okorocha. if you have 1% of my knowledge base, you wouldn't be replying me with your single digit IQ.
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by TS2(m): 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
masseratti:

I get your point sha. But truly Saraki is a bigger and stronger personality after all said and done. He not only won Kwara but converted the state to an APC state and the last senate president was from Benue
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ukandi1(m): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
miqos02:
since the s. east sold their birth right

Shut the Bleep up. What do u mean the South East sold their birthright? President....north
Vice president.... Southwest
Now u want to make a case to have Senate president....North..
Do it to d chagrin of other parts of nigeria. U think Nigeria belongs to d north and south west abi? We are watching, but never ever spit on our sensibilities. Be warned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The 16 Allegations Raised Against Adesina, AfDB President The US Wants Revisited / Asari-Dokubo: Tinubu Bars Niger Delta Ex-Agitators From Aso Rock / President Buhari's Incredible Come Back Journey In one Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.