Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:00 AM

Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo (7515 Views)

Funny Messi And Ronaldo Memes / Football World In Shock As Messi Agrees €500m Real Madrid Deal / Eden Hazard Is An Average Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by raumdeuter: 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Pdizzle:

he didn't let them down, the whole Belgium team was nothing to write home about.

How come he was named as one of the flops of the tournament and not other Belgian players
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Pdizzle(m): 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
raumdeuter:

How come he was named as one of the flops of the tournament and not other Belgian players

Please draw out the flop statistics.
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by raumdeuter: 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
Pdizzle:

Please draw out the flop statistics.

Google it. Hazard world cup flop
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 22, 2015
Debroslink:

A depleted man utd side where Rooney became defensive midfielder. Una no dey shame.

Wake me up when Hazard scores winning goals against PSG, Atletico Madrid

Chelsea wasn't depleted that's why they fielded granpa Drogba for 90 minutes. grin. Abeg find another thing talk. ManU/Chelsea played a game fair and square and Hazard decided the outcome majorly. Period.
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by anigold(m): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
I Dont care whether you are a Chelsea fan or not, how can a normal human being with functional brains compare MESSI/RONALDO to HAZARD.

BALE who is better than HAZARD cant even be compared to RONALDO/MESSI...

2 Likes

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Herrmes: 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
This is just Chelsea fans looking for closure, how can someone even mention Hazard in the same sentence with CR7 and Messi? For God's sake, he dribbles aimlessly, has nothing to show for his dribbles, isn't a good enough target man, duh, it irks me, even in the next 10 years Hazard will never even be a Ballon d'or nominee, there's Neymar, there's Bale, there's Götze, I hardly see anyone say anything about Hazard other than he dribbles, its simply not enough.

3 Likes

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by A40(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Herrmes:
This is just Chelsea fans looking for closure, how can someone even mention Hazard in the same sentence with CR7 and Messi? For God's sake, he dribbles aimlessly, has nothing to show for his dribbles, isn't a good enough target man, duh, it irks me, even in the next 10 years Hazard will never even be a Ballon d'or nominee, there's Neymar, there's Bale, there's Götze, I hardly see anyone say anything about Hazard other than he dribbles, its simply not enough.
You be real Hermes with your remarkable speed of thought. He's their only hero so you can't really blame them.

Yoruba go talk say oun ta ni lan gbe laroge
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Herrmes: 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
A40:

You be real Hermes with your remarkable speed of thought. He's their only hero so you can't really blame them.

Yoruba go talk say oun ta ni lan gbe laroge
The guy doesn't even kick free kicks, Hazard is good but that's just about it, for a player seemingly compred to CR7 and Messi you can count his career hat-trick with your fingers, and yes you have to score goals, tons and tons of goals to be compared with them, these guys easily score over 50 goals every season, you do not just bring an inconsistent somebody and start making a comparison, sorry if I'm lashing out, the shii just annoys me...
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by A40(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
Herrmes:
The guy doesn't even kick free kicks, Hazard is good but that's just about it, for a player seemingly compred to CR7 and Messi you can count his career hat-trick with your fingers, and yes you have to score goals, tons and tons of goals to be compared with them, these guys easily score over 50 goals every season, you do not just bring an inconsistent somebody and start making a comparison, sorry if I'm lashing out, the shii just annoys me...
The ej@culation has reached overdrive now. I don't really care about the free-kicks but to draw comparisons with players who were already the best 2-3 players in the world even before they got to his age is just asinine

There is so much he is yet to do but the sycophants (yes that's what they are) wouldn't admit it

He is yet perform at any major international competition. At his age and even younger the likes of Mueller, Goetze were already helping their teams to Champions League titles and winning World Championships
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by jeebz: 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
A40:

The ej@culation has reached overdrive now. I don't really care about the free-kicks but to draw comparisons with players who were already the best 2-3 players in the world even before they got to his age is just asinine

There is so much he is yet to do but the sycophants (yes that's what they are) wouldn't admit it

He is yet perform at any major international competition. At his age and even younger the likes of Mueller, Goetze were already helping their teams to Champions League titles and winning World Championships
Signed,sealed and delivered.

2 Likes

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by raumdeuter: 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
The removal of Suarez from the equation has lowered the bar for greatness in the Premier League and Hazard has profited. In no way was this an iconic season. He’s decided games with regularity – and created more chances than any other player – but Hazard hasn’t left an indelible imprint in the manner that Suarez, Bale, Ronaldo and Henry did before him.

Hazard has not outgrown England yet. When he scored 20 league goals and got 16 assists for Lille in 2011-12 it was clear his talent had transcended France. But to do the same in England, a player who actively invites comparisons with Ronaldo and Lionel Messi clearly needs to score more goals. Next season he needs to have a truly transformative campaign if he is to demand, through his performances, a promotion to one of the two Liga titans.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-hairdryer/eden-hazard-isn-t-ready-for-real-madrid-143735802.html

3 Likes

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Odunharry(m): 1:32am On Apr 29, 2015
I just dey shake head for those asking what Messi has contributed to Argentina...

hazard is good but way too overrated
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Odunharry(m): 1:39am On Apr 29, 2015
timbros:

Your post is laughable bro.

Youth tournaments? Lol... And who rates Feliani higher than Hazard in the Belgium team? You maybe.
you dare not compare Messi with any footballer currently..
you know how many MOTM he won at Brazil?
who won player of the tournament?
his team were runner up in South America cup..
he won junior world cup...
played in World cup final etc etc

tell me about hazard...what has he contributed to Belgium??

1 Like

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by timbros(m): 6:52am On Apr 29, 2015
Odunharry:

you dare not compare Messi with any footballer currently..
you know how many MOTM he won at Brazil?
who won player of the tournament?
his team were runner up in South America cup..
he won junior world cup...
played in World cup final etc etc

tell me about hazard...what has he contributed to Belgium??

Can we stop all these arguments already!

Didn't you see my post earlier where I talked about this Hazard/Rinaldo/Messi comparison?

We all know that he is not in the same bracket with those two ATM. But ask yourself why recently, many football greats and pundits are always mentioning Hazard alongside those two?

If Hazard start becoming most 'selfish' in front of goal, banging in 25-30 each season, he will easily be with Ronaldo and Messi up there.

Dude is still 24! He still have time joor.

Asking what he did for Belgium is irrelevant. I haven't seen what Ronaldo did for Portugal. Messi winning JUNIOR tournaments isn't why he is one of the greatest footballers in the planet today. Ordatey Lamptey won junior tournaments with Ghana. Where is he today? There are a HOST of other players who dazzled in junior tournaments but faded off as time goes on.

Aren't you ashamed to profile Messi with 'runners up in south America' 'played in world cup final'....Where are the trophies?
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Odunharry(m): 6:55am On Apr 29, 2015
timbros:

Can we stop all these arguments already!

Didn't you see my post earlier where I talked about this Hazard/Rinaldo/Messi comparison?

We all know that he is not in the same bracket with those two ATM. But ask yourself why recently, many football greats and pundits are always mentioning Hazard alongside those two?

If Hazard start becoming most 'selfish' in front of goal, banging in 25-30 each season, he will easily be with Ronaldo and Messi up there.

Dude is still 24! He still have time joor.

Asking what he did for Belgium is irrelevant. I haven't seen what Ronaldo did for Portugal. Messi winning JUNIOR tournaments isn't why he is one of the greatest footballers in the planet today. Ordatey Lamptey won junior tournaments with Ghana. Where is he today? There are a HOST of other players who dazzled in junior tournaments but faded off as time goes on.

Aren't you ashamed to profile Messi with 'runners up in south America' 'played in world cup final'....Where are the trophies?
you must be a comedian.. Hazard bang in 30goals not now.. na beans??
are you not ashamed?? how many goal does he have outside England??
you wanna compare him with neymar, gotze, Muller, Suarez, robben

2 Likes

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by timbros(m): 8:25am On Apr 29, 2015
Odunharry:

Why are the pundits always linking Hazard's name with Ronaldo and Messi recently and not those guys you mentioned above?
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Debroslink: 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
timbros:

Why are the pundits always linking Hazard's name with Ronaldo and Messi recently and not those guys you mentioned above?
Because it's d British media. All they do is hype their own. They once said Wilshere was better than Xavi and Iniesta.

2 Likes

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by timbros(m): 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
Debroslink:

Because it's d British media. All they do is hype their own. They once said Wilshere was better than Xavi and Iniesta.

Even Zidane is part of the british media?

Wow!
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by chic2pimp(m): 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
timbros:

When did the British media become "All Pundits"? And before you bang on about zizou, you need to read the whole interview first.
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by timbros(m): 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
chic2pimp:

When did the British media become "All Pundits"? And before you bang on about zizou, you need to read the whole interview first.

I don't want to know what all the interview is all about. The question is, did Zidane mention Hazard alongside Ronaldo and Messi or not?

And Btw when did you guys opinion matter more than the 'British media'? The sad truth is that the football world will take the British pundits opinion more serious than all of you here hating on Hazard put together.
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by chic2pimp(m): 11:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
timbros:

I don't want to know what all the interview is all about. The question is, did Zidane mention Hazard alongside Ronaldo and Messi or not?

And Btw when did you guys opinion matter more than the 'British media'? The sad truth is that the football world will take the British pundits opinion more serious than all of you here hating on Hazard put together.

The context in which his name was mentioned is all that matters.

Well if saying the good ol' truth is termed "Hating", then so be it. Well the British media have on several occasions overrated their star players so we can't take their words as the gospel truth.
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by timbros(m): 11:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
chic2pimp:

The context in which his name was mentioned is all that matters.

Well if saying the good ol' truth is termed "Hating", then so be it. Well the British media have on several occasions overrated their star players so we can't take their words as the gospel truth.

Which context are you talking of biko?

Zidane liking 'everything' Hazard does on the pitch. Rating him as one of the 3 top players in the world. Keeping an eye on him...

Is Zidane british media?

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 30, 2015
Does he have the potential to be exceptionally good? Yes.Is he as good as Messi and Ronaldo currently? Hell no.he isn't. Can he ever be as good as them?PERSONALLY..I dnt see it happening.U are talking of freaks of nature.once in a generation kind of players.The competition btw Ronaldo and Messi is on anoda level. U are talking of 2 players who are well and above d rest (bale, di maria, reus, robben, sanchez, suarez, Ibrahimovic, Aguero, RVP, Rooney, Silva, Xavi, Iniesta etc) To put things in perspective, all the players I mentioned are exceptional players bt to do wat ronaldo and messi av consistently done for more 6 seasons . scoring nothing less dan 40-60 goals per seaosn is jst astonishing. I PERSONALLY dnt see Hazard doing dt for one season never mind 6,7 as Ronaldo and Messi av done.So dis is not evn an argument for me.Its scary Hw Ronaldo and Messi av separated themselves frm every oda world class footballer on earth for more dan 7 seasons.I doff my hrts to dem and Hazard shud nowhere b mentioned along dese 2.They are not evn in d same class Sir

1 Like

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by Debroslink: 6:21pm On May 01, 2015
timbros:

Even Zidane is part of the british media?

Wow!

Did Zidane equate him with Messi and Ronaldo?

Next thing you'll hear soon is Harry Kane is the best striker in the world.

1 Like

Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by timbros(m): 9:44pm On May 01, 2015
Debroslink:

Did Zidane equate him with Messi and Ronaldo?

Next thing you'll hear soon is Harry Kane is the best striker in the world.

Please kindly stop quoting me if you can't read and understand my comments.

Did I in any of my comments say that Zidane equate Hazard with Ronaldo and Messi? Or did I even equate him with them?
Re: Hazard Is As Good As Messi And Ronaldo by A40(m): 3:30pm On May 02, 2015
Odunharry:

At 24 years old he has only scored 5 goals in the Champions League in 3 seasons. Only 2 goals from open play

Just leave them let them keep deceiving themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best Striker In The World. / Arsenal Vs Reading (4 - 1) On 30th March 2013 / Uefa Champions League Draw on Thursday 26 August, 2010 At 5pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.