Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Mourinho Should Not Gamble With Costa's Injury And Remy Deserves More Games - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho Should Not Gamble With Costa's Injury And Remy Deserves More Games (495 Views)

Diego Costa Named Premier Player Of The Month / Loic Remy Deserves A Chance To Start Against QPR / (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Should Not Gamble With Costa's Injury And Remy Deserves More Games by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
[b]Jose Mourinho expects Diego Costa out for at least two weeks after Costa suffered a recurring Hamstring injury in Chelsea's 2-1 win against Stoke City.

Mourinho stated before the game that it would be a gamble to play Costa. He named Diego Costa as one of the Substitutes in the game at the Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho brought Costa on at Halftime after Charlie Adam's wonderful strike cancelled Eden Hazard's penalty.

Diego Costa was on the pitch for eleven minutes before Mourinho pulled him out of the pitch. Loic Remy scored the winner for the second time in the row. Chelsea is now seven points clear at the top of the table.

Mourinho explained he had no regrets sending Costa on despite admitting he knew it was risky. Mourinho laid no blame join the club's medical department.

Mourinho told Sky Sports: "If my medical department decides to take four weeks to recover Diego this would not happen, but in football we need risks. I risk sometimes, as a manager in a result I don't like.

"We played more offensive and if the opponent scores I don't kill myself for that.

"But in all the scans they did two days ago the muscle was clear, the image was clear and the player trained twice 100 per cent, when he did much more than he did today.

"We put him in dozens of actions and the result was correct. My medical department is fantastic so there is no problem. Next week plays Remy and (Didier) Drogba, we wait for Costa again. For sure with that injury it will be a couple of weeks minimum."

Mourinho added: "The most important thing is the three points. The importance is obvious, we started the game needing six wins and one draw [to be assured of finishing top of the table] and now we need five wins and one draw. It was difficult and deserved.

"We controlled the game and had the ball in the first half, tried to penetrate through a well-organised defence, we try and try and finally scored a goal with a great combination."

Loic Remy deserves more games after he scored the winning goal for a second game in a row for Chelsea. It shows if Remy gets more starts for Chelsea, he can score more goals for the team.

With Remy showing quality in front of the net, Mourinho should give Costa time to recover and put more faith in Remy.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/mourinho-should-not-gamble-with-costas.html[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City Should Stop Talking Big / Manchester City Should Keep Faith In Pellegrini / Chelsea Great Achievements Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.