Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... (18591 Views)

Women Menstruating After 50 Years Still Fertile, Expert Says / Women Menstruating After 50 Years Still Fertile, Expert Says / 17 And Still Bedwetting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by ronkiss: 6:09am On Apr 05, 2015
I'm 19 and still bed wetting. I have done everything I could do, it hasn't stopped.

Please anyone who has any information about what I can do should please share with me.

Thanks
Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by shawnfamous(m): 6:18am On Apr 05, 2015
It not normal bt its common! Drink alot of water! Anxiety causes that! And d major 1 is to exercise like die! Wen u exercise ur bladder muscles seem to contrast tighly wen ever u re empty ! So wen ever u re full,it takes more time and strength to open for urine to pass tru! Even wen u re in coma u cn still prevent that! My brother PRAY as well! Its nt ur fault! Imagine u dream that u re in d toilet and u wake up urinating life

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Gboliwe: 6:27am On Apr 05, 2015
shawnfamous:
It not normal bt its common! All u nid 2 do is to avoid urinating wen its needed! Drink alot of water! Anxiety causes that! And d major 1 is to exercise like die! Wen u exercise ur bladder muscles seem to contrast tighly wen ever u re empty ! So wen ever u re full,it takes more time and strength to open for urine to pass tru! Even wen u re in coma u cn still prevent that! My brother PRAY as well! Its nt ur fault

Abasi Mbok! shocked shocked shocked how can u advice someone to avoid urinating when it's needed? That alone can cause him complications with his kidneys.

After 6pm, reduce every liquid intake. Depending on how early or late you sleep, don't eat anything after 6pm/8pm. Let's start there, you will be fine.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by tunaguy(m): 6:27am On Apr 05, 2015
go church for dilverance na evil spirit dey folo u nt normal

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Tallesty1(m): 6:27am On Apr 05, 2015
Pampers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by VickJames(m): 6:32am On Apr 05, 2015
Reduce the amount of water you take in the evening. Try and urinate before going to bed.

Most importantly, whenever you find yourself unzipping your zipper and urinating in the dream, please wake up and run to the bathroom.

6 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 05, 2015
Gboliwe:

Abasi Mbok! shocked shocked shocked how can u advice someone to avoid urinating when it's needed? That alone can cause him complications with his kidneys.

After 6pm, reduce every liquid intake. Depending on how early or late you sleep, don't eat anything after 6pm/8pm. Let's start there, you will be fine.
good response......

2 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by TheMascot(m): 6:52am On Apr 05, 2015
**in that babe on d adverts voice** every night with pampers is a happy day for ronkiss..hehehe!..a simple advice when u going 2 bed, tie ur j.B thompson asin tie am well well..I drop 100k you aint gonna be a pissy no more

1 Like

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by NosoChic: 6:57am On Apr 05, 2015
What is your usual urinating pattern.....For instance, I have met people who as they drink of water, in less than an hour they are already urinating.

I know you can avoid all fluids and food intake from 6 pm. In addition, try to set an alarm clock to wake you up by 12 midnight and 3 am so you can ease yourself.

7 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Yustash001(m): 7:25am On Apr 05, 2015
OP...may be you play a lot in the day.....I remember those days,I would be dreaming that I go out of the field to urinate...just to wake up and see that have turned my bed into a stream..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Yustash001(m): 7:25am On Apr 05, 2015
OP...may be you play a lot in the day.....I remember those days,I would be dreaming that I go out of the field to urinate...just for me to wake up and see that have turned my bed into a stream..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by ITbomb(m): 7:40am On Apr 05, 2015
Do you dream before you pee?
Then try this
When you feel the urge to pee normally (ie when you are awake, try to constrict your muscle and hold it for some time (say 5 minutes), take your mind off and do another thing then later (say 10 minutes) you then go and pee on your will.

This will train your body not to release whenever there is urge but to wait for you to consciously give the order.
It would be challenging at first but keep holding and increasing the time you can hold till you master it.

13 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by shawnfamous(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2015
Gboliwe:

he is nt a goat dat will wait until d urine begins to drop! Frequent urination wont help him! Even eating or no eating! 4 hw long is he gonna continue wit dat?
Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by ronkiss: 10:12am On Apr 05, 2015
am a girl, av tried most of this things.
Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by omicron(m): 10:28am On Apr 05, 2015
ronkiss:
am a girl, av tried most of this things.
Your condtion is medically called enuresis. There are many causes including physical, behavioural, developmental and psychological ones. Many times there are no known causes too.

Since you have tried the common behavioural changes advised, I think it is time you saw a doctor. There are pills known to help, but they are prescription medicines. You would need a neurologist and or a psychiatrist.

Don't stress yourself out. Nothing is permanent. Just take informed steps toward the solutions.

2 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by ronkiss: 11:37am On Apr 05, 2015
thanks I will do dat
Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by bigl: 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
ronkiss:
am 19 and still bed wetting , av done everything I could do, it hasn't stop, please anyone who has any information about what I can do, please share with me...

its not something so rare. i used to have a sibbling who did bedwet till age 19 as well but now, shes a big girl and doing fine.

From what ive read so far, it has to do with the growth/development of the part of the brain responsible for night time urinary control. if theres a delay in its maturity, u'll still be bedwetting till 19. thats why u see some kids that dont bedwet even at age 3.

so, relax and dont panic. just try and reduce fluid intake some hours before bed time and also, empty ur bladder once u want to sleep even when u dont feel like urinating.

1 more thing: if u happen to be asleep and u're dreaming of peeing or going to the bathroom/toilet to ease urself, pls, try and force urself to get up cos urine is on its way out.

relax dear, u're not alone. u'll overcome this phase in no time, ok? cheers

6 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lots of nice advice given so far.
I've noticed that most ppl DT bedwet play a lot during the day, they sleep off and don't turn till morning.
Get someone to be waking u up intermittently at night to go and urinate. When they wake u up, even if u are not pressed to urinate ,attempt to pee. This should be done every night, and with time, ur body system will adjust to waking up every night to pee.

FOr now, once its 7pm, stop water intake or intake of any liquid.

If u fall into d group DT dream of urinating, have it in ur subconscious to wake up whenever u have such dream. Never urinate on ur dream.

I hope these works for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by ronkiss: 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
thanks a lot, u guys really help ma situation

1 Like

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Lexusgs430: 3:48am On Apr 07, 2015
Probably signs of weak bladder. Bladder training might help you and you might need to set your alarm to wake up every 2 hours(possibly every 3 hours, experiment on hours and see what works best) to pass urine.

2 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by omoharry(f): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Get an alarm clock and set it for every one hrs to empty to bladder... do that for some time so that you will get use to waking up most time in the night to pee...that was how i stopped mine at the age of 20yrs.

4 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by TheMascot(m): 9:10am On Apr 08, 2015
NosoChic:
What is your usual urinating pattern?.....
left-right-up-left-down-left-left-right-up-up-down-left-halt....cheesy cheesy that's ma urinating pattern..then if J.B is 2 hard..you know we do ryt ;-) ...hehehe

1 Like

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by tartar9(m): 11:20am On Apr 08, 2015
Sweet Dreams smiley

2 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 08, 2015
How person wan take advice this person?

Well, seek medical attention first, if it yields no no result, take it spiritual.

Go on some serious fasting and praying.
Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Ekiseme(m): 11:21am On Apr 08, 2015
Eiyaa,i wish i've an idea
Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by anigold(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2015
ronkiss:
I'm 19 and still bed wetting. I have done everything I could do, it hasn't stopped.

Please anyone who has any information about what I can do should please share with me.

Thanks

He needs to regulate his/her eating habit and also he should have afternoon nap.. eating early before sleeping and drinking less amount of water...

Secondly Prayers is seriously needed here.

Thirdly a medical check up is also needed
Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Sunnycliff(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2015
Like a kid folktale I was told u eat d wall gecko sauce! Can u try it
Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Lilprincey(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2015
Try to reduce the amount of water intake durinq night period and always try to urinate 3 times b4 u sleep if it does not work then qo to your villaqe and tell dem to leave u alone..

2 Likes

Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by Crocz(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2015
Tie a frog on your di'ck cheesy...make sure it's an aggressive one cheesy

Modified:
So you female...oooh, how do we solve this now?...ok, try tying a frog around your waist. Make sure the frog head drop close to your office. That should do.

You welcome, don't mention it cheesy
Re: No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... by hijacke(m): 11:23am On Apr 08, 2015
Dont eat or drink anything from 6pm, worked for my junior broda

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Mysteriouse/medical Power Of Muster Seed And Black Stone / Canyearn Digital Ultrasound Scan Machine / 5 Life Saving Facts You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.