Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! (4918 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Man Seeks Divorce After Accusing Wife Of Pulling His Manhood & Theft / Husband Wants Divorce After 24yrs. What Are My Rights As The Woman? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by mexyfly: 11:37am On Jan 25, 2009
Nairalanders, I need you views again. If u recall, sometime lasy year I mentioned of a newly married couple 9about 10months old) whose wife came home and said she was raped by her boss. Out of rage and certain circumstances the husband collects a N1m naira from the bosse's family which the wife latter finds out and as a result she moves out and abandones her matrimonial home!! The husband has tried frantically for over 11months to mend fences and plead his wife but she insits that she won't come home, she also won't file for a divorce, please fellow nairalanders, what do you think she wants? she wont come back hime even after several pleadings and her husbands return of the N1m to the bosses' family, she wont even want 2 see him, she avoids her husbands calls, SMS's and all, she also wont file for divorce. Out of confusion, the husband wants to file for a divorce do you think this is a wise decison. I f he cant be forgiven then let him also move on!!

Please matured opinions is being humbly sough there!! Help, any questions for clarifications is welcome,

L.o.l
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 25, 2009
@ Mex:

Is this about you and your wife, or a hypothetical couple? lipsrsealed

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by nairafan: 11:57am On Jan 25, 2009
this man wanted to enrich himself  from her misfortune instead of consoling the wife who came to him when this despicable thing happened to her.

how did he plan on spending the money ?
did he approve of wife's rape
would he have wanted or encouraged more rapes in order to collect more money?  

In my humble opinion this man can't be trusted ever.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 25, 2009
Previous series

Hello all, I need to help a friend out here, his marriage is falling apart.
Married barely a year ago and very much in love with each other and all seemed so wonderfully well for this new couple until his wife got this new job and barely 3months into the new job, she was sexually assaulted by her boss. As the story goes, she was in the office when her boss asked her to accompany him to an official location to see a client. en-route, the client site, her boss claims the car developed a fault and proposed that since his house was close by, he can manage 2 drive down there, park the car and get them a taxi to continue his journey. Well they get to the house and upon inviting her into the house, he eventually rapes and sexually assaults her.

She calls her husband who in obvious outrage gets her to the clinic and files a report, the assailant upon hearing of the vengeful venom of the husband comes begging with a host of emissaries and offers a sum of money which the husband reluctantly accepts upon several pleas. However he didnt mention a thing about the money to his wife or family as he claims he wasn't right thinking at the time. Eventually the wife gets to know of the said sum and feels her husband has exploited her. In a turn of events, the boss is now claiming that the said lady and her husband colluded to swindle him of the sum of money.

At the moment the wife has moved out of the matrimonial home on the claim that her husband has sold her and she has not returned for close to 2months. All pleas to the wife to explain why he didnt mention the money issue has fallen on deaf ears, the wife seems set not to return, please Nairalanders what can I tell my friend he is loosing himself. She would not talk to him, she wouldnt pick his calls and she also avoids his friends who try to wade into the debacle. She has also avoided his family members who only wanted to settle the issue.

My friend loves his wife so much Kiss and this is hitting him like a tsunami of sorts Huh Huh, , please what do you think? Is something else going on, is he having an affair with the boss?, was she actually raped as she claims?, please help with your insightful views,

New development

Nairalanders, I need you views again. If u recall, sometime lasy year I mentioned of a newly married couple 9about 10months old) whose wife came home and said she was raped by her boss. Out of rage and certain circumstances the husband collects a N1m naira from the bosse's family which the wife latter finds out and as a result she moves out and abandones her matrimonial home!! The husband has tried frantically for over 11months to mend fences and plead his wife but she insits that she won't come home, she also won't file for a divorce, please fellow nairalanders, what do you think she wants? she wont come back hime even after several pleadings and her husbands return of the N1m to the bosses' family, she wont even want 2 see him, she avoids her husbands calls, SMS's and all, she also wont file for divorce. Out of confusion, the husband wants to file for a divorce do you think this is a wise decison. I f he cant be forgiven then let him also move on!!

Please matured opinions is being humbly sough there!! Help, any questions for clarifications is welcome,

L.o.l

1 Like

Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Akinagirl(f): 2:11am On Jan 26, 2009
It was his duty as her husband to protect her. Hell he cant even do that. I cant say I blame the wife for leaving. He prostituted his wife out for 1mil naira. No sane husband would just collect money from someone who just raped his wife! I mean WTF!?!? If I were her though, I would have filed for divorce immediately. Nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by mexyfly: 2:06pm On Jan 26, 2009
Guys pls this is between ME an my WIFE!! I f you have followed this post for a while you will realise the intentions wasnt monetary not in any way! however saying that now hasnt changed or helped in any way.

Please guys, I have pleaded her, I have since returned d money and I have gone through harrowing ordeals just to show her I didnt have such selfish intentions, Her mum simply hates me and she has been waitin for an opportunity to let me off!! This one seems a golden one.

Guys pls help,

I couldnt come off directly to say i was d one because I was scared of being cooked alive by nairalanders. pls pardon me,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by mexyfly: 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2009
Guys pls this is between ME an my WIFE!!  I f you have followed this post for a while you will realise the intentions wasnt monetary not in any way! however saying that now hasnt changed or helped in any way.

Please guys, I have pleaded her, I have since returned d money and I have gone through harrowing ordeals just to show her I didnt have such selfish intentions, Her mum simply hates me and she has been waitin for an opportunity to let me off!! This one seems a golden one.

Guys pls help,

I couldnt come off directly to say i was d one because I was scared of being cooked alive by nairalanders. pls pardon me,
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by spikedcylinder: 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2009
mexy_fly:

Guys pls this is between ME an my WIFE!!

You don't say. undecided undecided
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by kokorunna(m): 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2009
In the first place the husband was very stupid to collect 1M from the boss family, he must have been very pathetic at the time. And now that his wife has caught him, he has realised how bad he has treated his wife, her feelings and emotion. I guess after several months of pleading, his wife should have accepted him back.

But now she is refusing to accept him back, then the appropriate thing for her to do is divorce him or he should divorce. What a crazy marriage this is, someone has to divorce someone. grin
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by MadMax1(f): 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2009
Man collects 1M from his wife's rapist?And he didn't tell her but got found out? Is this for real?What on earth kind of pond scum does that?
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by tpia: 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2009
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by SeanT21(f): 5:17am On Jan 27, 2009
You sound that u are changed man.I hope she forgives U.U learned your lesson.

1 Like

Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by mexyfly: 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2009
N/Landers, i am really at a loss on what to do, I have begged, pleaded for 11months and she woulnd't even want to see me, she wont pick my calls, gush it's so demoralising.

I asked to take her for lunch just now, she calls and says I shld just have fun and not bother!! she keeps sayin have fun each time I call her , I just want help, and if we cant get it sorted aftera gruesome 11months and barely 21months of marriage (over 11months apart), i may have 2 go file for a divorce.

Pls what are the divorce proceedings, applicable in Nigeria?

I need your matured professional advice and guidance
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by TOYOSI20(f): 6:29am On Jan 29, 2009
@ OP

Sorry u going through this, but i think his mind is made up, i suggest u move on as well!!
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by KarmaMod(f): 6:38am On Jan 29, 2009
mexy_fly:

, she wont pick my calls, gush it's so demoralising

As opposed to you getting mad at HER for being sexually harassed by her boss? That's not "demoralizing" to her?
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by meexteriox(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2009
@poster
Rape is a torturous experience, emotionally. Your wife can't seem to get over it,
coupled with your extortionist act. That is where the cookie crumbled.

My best advice? Just move on, i tell you, things can never be the same again
between you two. No matter how hard you try, believe me.

As regards divorce proceedings, get a good lawyer, and you are done.
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by steve49ja(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2009
What the Bleep did you need a milli for? havent you heard the saying 'if you go chop frog chop the one we de nourished?'
What the Bleep made you negotiate with him? someone your friends can help you murder without asking you to pay
What the Bleep makes you think she would forgive you?
What the Bleep makes you think she wont feel you ganged with the boss?
Why the Bleep did you return the money when she wasn't prepared to return?
Why the Bleep do you think you can eat your cake and have it?
What the Bleep makes you think you can get your birth-right after letting it go?
How the Bleep do you think you'll ever make a true and happy home with that woman?
How bleeped up do you plan to Bleep the boss's life?

Just What The Bleep?? ??
bleeping Get a new free yet-to-be-bleeped up life
File for divorce thats the wisest thing to do hope you learn
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by mexyfly: 9:49am On Feb 11, 2009
I have done all within my reach to make up!! my wife has left me with no options. Out of confusion, I went 2 d court penultimate week, the same marriage registry where we had our wedding to seek info on filling for divorce as a las option and seekin any remedies for resolution, she was summoned, she came by all indications, she didnt sound like she wanted a divorce, so why the prolonged stay away from home its 2yrs now,

she was given up till Feb 13th to make and declare her decision, I dont know what to expect, please help.
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by prittigrrr(f): 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2009
Only God can help this
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by mexyfly: 8:26am On Feb 13, 2009
Steve49ja thanx for fucking tellin me straight out what I fucking goofed on! I appreciate your directness so much.

meexteriox ; I dont know any lawyer, can you help me with any? I could start with that!

Thanks people for your candid opinion and also the harsh criticism and bitter scolds, I guess I couldnt have done without them.

Please do not hesitate to let me know. She called me yesterday after 12months and wanted us to talk, she spoke so softly so tenderly like I have never heard before, She asked me what she was doing wrong that I didnt like, I asked her if we could have some time 2gether over the weekend, she said she was all booked that some Elders from the church were coming to see her over our case. These are the same men that have bin tryin 2 reach her for over 12months but she has refused now she's going up to them.

Nairalanders, I still love her so much and its just confusing for me on what to do. I asked her what she wanted that if she wants a divorce, I'll give it 2 her but if otherwise then lets move on, pls i need some advice am really loosin my head,
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Busybody2(f): 11:06am On Feb 13, 2009
Two years is too short a time for her to forget she was raped. And you are insensitive to have applied for a divorce after just 2 years knowing what she went through and the part you played in twisting in the knife too. She is going through a lot of emotional trauma, which cannot be swept under the carpet, just like that. Stop being selfish and put aside your own feelings for now

Instead of chasing divorce lawyers all over the place, what you need to do is go and compose yourself on how you would explain, why you did what you did behind her back. You have said many times that you don't need the money, hence did not do it for financial gain, so that is what you need to convince your wife about.

I know you really love her, so the most important thing you need to be doing is show her that you failed her by not being there, hence the irrational decision to collect the bribe, which you have since returned. The more you ram home the fact that you failed in your duty as her husband to protect her, the more she will soften and yield, and try to comfort you too.

You have to explain your real feelings to her too, that you love her, and was confused and dissapointed that you were not there when she was being violated, when she needed you the most to have protected her.

Only then would you both be able to have some heart-to-heart talk and learn to move on and learn how to deal with the pain and trauma. I wish you all the best.
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by mexyfly: 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2009
busybody; am so taken away by your comments!! u simply leave me breathless, for the first time in a long time am hearin words that sound like, "hey u goofed but this can help"

How i wish i could a few more chit chat and hints like these,
well the biggest battle i have is tryin 2 even understand her mood ; she wouldn't want to see me, she says she's scared about me - and that single language beats my imagination, here is someone we shared a life 2gether, then I slip and mess up and she won't even wanna hear my name,

she has changed her phone numbers and visited the house last weekend unannounced, though i wasnt home, she called and said she was in my place, my megaurad said the same thing, and she sounded so ;loving on the phone, am just so twisted and confused. sorry but busybody does she need forever to heal>, 12months away from me in a 2yrs marriage, gush!! am so so sorry and worried, pls help all the same,
Thanks for your though,
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2009
Take the bull by the horns! In essence, bring your wife home. It's obvious that she's forgiven you, but it seems your waiting for her to announce it to you. After what she's been thru i believe a little more sensitivity wont hurt, 12 months or not.  Let the past be the past. If you can call her, do so, tell her that you've made silly decisions in the past but to err is human and forgive divine. Tell her You appreciate her more for her forgiveness and hope that the platform that u'll continue ur marriage on will make u both stonger for it. In a nut shell, your wife wants her husband back! so stop morrosing on nairaland and do something about it, lol!
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by sistawoman: 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2009
What happend on the the 13th?
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Treetop20(m): 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2009
mexy_fly:

busybody; am so taken away by your comments!! u simply leave me breathless, for the first time in a long time am hearin words that sound like, "hey u goofed but this can help"

well the biggest battle i have is tryin 2 even understand her mood ; she wouldn't want to see me, she says she's scared about me - and that single language beats my imagination, here is someone we shared a life 2gether, then I slip and mess up and she won't even wanna hear my name,

she has changed her phone numbers and visited the house last weekend unannounced, though i wasnt home, she called and said she was in my place, my megaurad said the same thing, and she sounded so ;loving on the phone, am just so twisted and confused. sorry but busybody does she need forever to heal>, 12months away from me in a 2yrs marriage, gush!! am so so sorry and worried, pls help all the same,
Thanks for your though,
This is not just any slip and mess up
she was raped! and you took some money
as well. What happened on the 13th?
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Busybody2(f): 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2009
Treetop20:

This is not just any slip and mess up
she was raped! and you took some money
as well. What happened on the 13th?

I really like you as a person, you are a really well balanced person, short, sharp and always on point, except for that one time . . . grin

Iswearigawd, if I see any section come up with a position for a moderator, I will plug and nominate you for that role cheesy
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Busybody2(f): 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2009
mexy_fly:

Thanks for your though,

She is behaving like this because you betrayed her, you were not there when she needed you, all you had to do then, which you still have to do is hold her and let her cry on your shoulders for hours on end.

I am not advocating violence, but if you had gone to punch the lights out of the man, she would have respected you the more for it. What has happened, has happened. She still loves you, hence the reason she refused to accept the divorce papers from you and hence the reason she is soliciting advise from elders, and hence the reason she came to see you.

The divorce step you took jolted her back to reality and at the same time is making her more anxious and questionning whether you still love her, and whether she is really going to lose you, so now is the time for you to make it all up to her. Let her know you took those divorce steps to prompt her back from the depressive stupor she was wallowing in.

Now is your chance to start grovelling, like I said earlier the only thing you need to be saying, whilst crying too, is that you failed her by not being there to protect her, remind her you love her, reminisce about the good times, let her remember what attracted her to you, why you chose her amongst many to be your wife, remind her of the good times, and tell her you failed her a million times . . .

I am really happy for you that you can see the signs that she still loves you. Don't let her down. It will take years, she cannot just forget what happened between her and her boss, but she can forget your action if you act like you meant well.

I really wish you the best of luck. My YIM is on my profile if you need moral support, goodluck.
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Iranoladun(f): 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2009
Have you tried visiting your wife in the company of someone she highly respect? Have you tried to send her email and text messages to tell her you are sorry and regret your actions? Wish you luck
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by Shinatu: 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2009
@Poster

Her hesitation to file for divorce may have nothing to do with her still loving you if you guys live in Nigeria.
She may just be afraid of living as a divorcee in this condenming society.(especially for women)
The man can do anything and just 'move on'

This is just one of the many ordeals Nigerian women go through to stay in marriage!
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by mexyfly: 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2009
Busybody, a million thanks; I visited her 2weeks ago in the company of very older men and elders, along with her mum, I was thoroughly scolded and whitewashed, she was asked 2 speak her mind and she cried repeatedly, at the end, she felt a lot better and she went into d house and for the first time offered me food and drinks b4 attendin 2 d other visitors, !! I pleaded and begged and reassured and every single bit of emotion and truth inside of me, I spoke with her mum and admitted all my silly talk, 2 my surprise she held my hands and told me I was forgiven, she even personaly invited me over to spend the night with them the following weekend. Last weekend I spent the night in her house, (family home) we kissed, she touched me so passionately and started cryin as she held my holiness she said; why did u let me miss u so much; why did you leave me alone; why did you hurt me? gush those questions blew me away again as I was simply flabeggersted and overwhelmed. Why that question when she practically made all inroads from me impassable, what did she actually mean, then she shows me to my room and sleeps on another bed in another room, I really wished we made love. When I asked her why she left me alone when she knows how much I have missed her, she simply apologizes and pleads, the past 4days have been heavenly for me , she's been everythin I'd wished for, she ways I will have 2 pack out of our former home b4 she comes back, we see each day at work as she wont stop calling me every hr, she closes and I check on her b4 going home, but she wouldnt come 2 our home, people pls what is going on, she was even askin me if I have ever let another woman touch me the way she did on the night, we were in traffic and her hands were all over me, pls help what have I gotten into, is there a message she's passing across, she asked me about when we're hoing to have a baby,

I AM simply lost, confused and amazed, can someone help right tune my head, or my thoughts
what is she sayin that am not de-coding,
pls NL's let some experienced people show me, , please ask ansy question, I will provide answers,
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by sistawoman: 7:32pm On Mar 05, 2009
your wife wants you to take her home.

Take your wife home and never forget the hurt you caused her.
Re: Husbands Needs Divorce After 12months Of Pleading And Remorse: Help! by MERCADO(m): 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2009
As a member of this wonderful forum, i will advise him not to divorce her. for there is an adage which says that,however careful we may are,mistakes can still happening. so they should not go for divorce. because she can still amend her way tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Should He Do? / Casual Sex, The Pill And Condoms Are Transforming Our Women To Feminazis / Different Used Toys For Your Kids 08029753141

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.