Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo (26834 Views)

Update On Woman Who Slapped Her Husband At LUTH / To All Married Men (photo) / What Is Most Important In Marriage?is It Equal Rights Or Equal Responsibilities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

SMH

By the way, if a man is paying my school fees; so? Did I force him to have sex with my mother? undecided
guess that makes him an ignorant nigerian man.

4 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Damikevin(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

When the featherbrained lady you posted her jargons get the meaning of feminism, you can mention me for an intelligent conversation.

I'm not fighting for any equal rights because i'm equal with anybody both male and female all-together. No one can trample and ride on my ego because i'm a female. Dude, the world is fast evolving!

Feminism is fighting on how to change men view about us, eh.
-Empowering women to work hard.
-Making women to stop depending on guys financially. Work to make your own money and spare their insults.
-Changing our female archaic view e.g how can a man whistle at you and you answer him?. angry Are you a dog?
-Stopping women from objectifying themselves etc

Y'all need to get an education. I'm tired of ignorance of Nigerian men. angry
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism pls get ur facts straight, and don't call people names, including men.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by InvertedHammer: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
Airforce1:

Nobody (in his right mind) cheats on himself, harms himself, maltreats himself, shortchanges himself or gets violent with himself . Cultivating the marital virtue of fairness will give your marriage not only equality but closeness, and it will require you to continually work both on your own and together – as a couple.

http://www.olufamous.com/2015/04/read-ladys-take-on-woman-claiming-equal.html?utmsource=feedburner&m=1

/
People go into marriage not knowing what they want. So they resort to scripted TV shows and the media to give
them guidance and expectations.

They forget that TV shows are just what they are--shows. Because you see Rambo killing a whole city does not mean that in real
life US is going to send him into Iraq all by himself. That's where reality overtakes fantasy. But some people are more comfortable
in fantasy because of the endorphins the thought releases into their body.

Before you know it, the marriage packs up.

\

\

2 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
ok
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Airforce1(m): 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
lilmax:
so you think say vicky na really feminist? grin

No
Vickybee is not a feminist

She's just an attention seeker

3 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by onoja12: 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
so let me ask you,who then fights for men right,abi you said equality not so,is does equality mean you have to keep your privileges while you acquire the rights of men too.just asking

Vickybee:

When the featherbrained lady you posted her jargons get the meaning of feminism, you can mention me for an intelligent conversation.

I'm not fighting for any equal rights because i'm equal with anybody both male and female all-together. No one can trample and ride on my ego because i'm a female. Dude, the world is fast evolving!

-Making women to stop depending on guys financially. Work to make your own money and spare their insults.
-Changing our female archaic view e.g how can a man whistle at you and you answer him?. angry Are you a dog?

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Damikevin(m): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
Feminism is a collection of movements and
ideologies that share a common goal: to define,
establish, and achieve equal political, economic,
cultural, personal, and social rights for women.[1]
[2] This includes seeking to establish equal
opportunities for women in education and
employment. A feminist advocates or supports the
rights and equality of women.[3]
Feminist movements have campaigned and
continue to campaign for women's rights, including
the right to vote, to hold public office, to work, to
fair wages or equal pay, to own property, to
education, to enter contracts, to have equal rights
within marriage, and to have maternity leave.
Feminists have also worked to promote bodily
autonomy and integrity, and to protect women and
girls from rape, sexual harassment, and domestic
violence.[4]

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by gospi: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
I c a lot of confused people in d house.How can a man be fair to u if he dosnt see u as his equal. Men and women are equal(read colossians). because men are stronger physically dosnt make dem superior beings.
However in marriage the man is the head(leader),dat dosnt make him a superior human being.The God that created men and women says men and women are equal; so u know better than him? because of what ?Ego?
A man would only be fair to his wife if he sees her as equal,cos if he sees u as below him he wud treat u as shuch.
I hav a boss at work and he has employees dosnt mean d boss is a superior human being.He has a superior Role.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by abbey621(m): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
What women don't know is that this equality of a thing does not favor them. In most relationships when it comes to responsibilities the man takes the higher portion, when it comes to gift giving, the man gives way more and when it comes to security and well being of the family, the man does what he has to, if he does not do these things then he is seen as weak. No female wants a weak man, by demanding equality you are not empowering yourself, you are demoralizing your man. I think the op is right, when men treat women the way they would treat themselves then there would be peace!

2 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yea well, I think Equality in marriage is actually good, given that

Equality is simply having the same value despite sex, race and what have you.

Fairness is treating everyone as same.

I don't see how it's feasible to treat your wife the same with everyone.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by abimbola74(m): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

SMH
By the way, if a man is paying my school fees; so? Did I force him to have sex with my mother? undecided
Y dnt u jez ask ya mum wah keeps her in ya p-man's houz,.....wouldn't lie 2 u bae,she'll defntly tell u its because she let go of her ego nd bein submissive
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Tshaphilo: 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

She's an old fashion girl.

She has her right, let her speak for herself. Plus she sounds confused..... Equality vs Fairness.....girl stop!

I want equal pay......and to achieve that, we must fight for gender equality.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Ekugbeh(m): 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
U de studio de see equal ryt ko.
Whr ur album ni
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Damikevin(m): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
You want to be equal with men, start proposing to us, start asking us out, start tAking us out on dates, wen u want to buy us gift, buy somethin of equal value as what we get u, not boxers and singlet as y'aLl always do. Try and out do us in caring, and showing love in a relationship, start being the one to call us and text us. Let's not be carried away from what's important. We knw some of society's rule are unfair to women, like in the case of adultry only the womaN suffers, but equality is a wild drm, u can only achive that if u don't wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Sezua(m): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
kilokeys:
we all have equal rights...

but different responsibilities..

the world got messed up when gender responsibilities got mixed up..
the only points i see with feminists is, its not fair to have a working class lady contributing financially, and still keeping the responsibility of a homemaker.. thats too stressful.

even dat point is crap, what if she looses her husband?...won't she do both of them?
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
Lol... never took cartoon seriously, like never
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by wheesin(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ngokafor:

....Why are you calling her mum in this silly issue...you well at all?? shocked angry

...If i call you an ill-bred,mannerless little tw@t now,you will get upset,but i wont...for now at least.

As coordinated as i have always being on this forum i was to ignore you...but i still give you the chance to mend your ways and do the right thing.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by habeebcole: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
intergral:
Women are great beings but not everything a man can do a woman can do better...
wich of dem fit drive trailer........dem wan die
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by synergycom19: 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
That's is the natural course of order,but the west trys to distorts it
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by OracleMxNelson(m): 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
gospi:
I c a lot of confused people in d house.How can a man be fair to u if he dosnt see u as his equal. Men and women are equal(read colossians). because men are stronger physically dosnt make dem superior beings.
However in marriage the man is the head(leader),dat dosnt make him a superior human being.The God that created men and women says men and women are equal; so u know better than him? because of what ?Ego?
A man would only be fair to his wife if he sees her as equal,cos if he sees u as below him he wud treat u as shuch.
I hav a boss at work and he has employees dosnt mean d boss is a superior human being.He has a superior Role.

Taaaaaa.....

Jesus Christ treats us fairly... as his own...

Are we equal to him?

Please delete your post....

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by peedeeasobie(m): 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
freecocoa:

And the best comment goes to freecocoa!
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by nov19(m): 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Both man and woman already have equal rights b4 God and the constitutions. Like
the right to life,
the right to vote,
the right to choose ( to marry, be single, to pursue. Ur career etc),
the right of freedom of expression,
The right to sue,

What equal right are you talking about again?

But if this is what am thinking, I think you should take up the issue with God.

It is God that made man the head of the home, if ladies don't like this you can take up the issue with Him.

And personally, I have never come accross any creature with two heads. But whenever you do come accross one, be sure its a monster.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by liquidmetall: 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Airforce1:
Cc feminist Vickybee

Trouble maker nneka123

Lalasticlala
grin

So these people you mentioned now are feminist
Apart from the guy

So assuming if feminists from other parts of the world visit nigeria and ask you to show them women that are feminist in your country, you will bring those two people out abi??
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Afrobasic(m): 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
Lol.. didn't know so many Nigerian men were anti - feminist too grin

With all due respect I'm up for treating women fairly (and I'm sure we all are). But that feminism BS is just stupid. Lord knows I can not imagine myself dating/marrying one of those nagging creatures.

Fvck all them feminists in the world. smiley
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
The post is confusing because female equality is fighting for fairness.

Don't misunderstand feminism it's a beautiful thing.

Proud card holding feminist right here. grin

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
liquidmetall:

So these people you mentioned now are feminist
Apart from the guy

So assuming if feminists from other parts of the world visit nigeria and ask you to show them women that are feminist in your country, you will bring those two people out abi??
grin grin
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by deeLima86(m): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
Airforce1:

Mttcchheeww
Hisses on you in every dialect of Nigeria

Hey dude, don't you think you are too hard on that girl? Easy man
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
abimbola74:

Y dnt u jez ask ya mum wah keeps her in ya p-man's houz,.....wouldn't lie 2 u bae,she'll defntly tell u its because she let go of her ego nd bein submissive
Did I tell you that I want to be like her?

Mtcheew
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
Equal kini? If I hear... They are still on a looooong thing
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by gospi: 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
OracleMxNelson:

Taaaaaa.....

Jesus Christ treats us fairly... as his own...

Are we equal to him?

Please delete your post....

Dat is Jesus,we are not equal to Jesus,God created men and women and says we are equal. And u "Man" say we are not equal and I'm suppsd to take urs? Please if u lack wisdom ask from God. Be mistaking position for who you are.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by JudgementHammer: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

U sound like u've gone travails from a man. Mayb ur dad brutalized ur mum in ur presence or ur 1st luv betrayed you etc. You u should call on God or a psychologist to help you overcome the effects of such brutality on you. I pity you if you continue like this. I knw some women who put up the nelson mandela's kinda courage for this your kinda mission, they're receiving insults from their fellow women today for being divorced and single parents. Some aren't even married.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
gospi:
[s]I c a lot of confused people in d house.How can a man be fair to u if he dosnt see u as his equal. Men and women are equal(read colossians). because men are stronger physically dosnt make dem superior beings.
I hav a boss at work and he has employees dosnt mean d boss is a superior human being.He has a superior Role. [/s]
You would have made sense if you didn't deviate from what you were trying to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Rents Out Wife’s Room, Relocates Her To The Parlour / Nairaland Baby Is 5. Hurray!! Wish Me Well, dear Uncles And Aunties!! / John Fatoye Is Missing. Works In Lekki (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.