Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo (26829 Views)

Update On Woman Who Slapped Her Husband At LUTH / To All Married Men (photo) / What Is Most Important In Marriage?is It Equal Rights Or Equal Responsibilities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by gospi: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

Lol @ they took it to China. China has suffered. cheesy

I for one, share a handful of sentiment with the feminist ideology. But, I'm always vulnerable to fail in such debate especially when references are made from Bible and mostly supported by religion.

Most feminists that I know are either Atheist or Agnostics. I find it hard to comprehend when a strong Christian/Muslim believer are supporting feminism. I think it's contradictory and hypocritical to their belief. I stand to be corrected though.
Please wat do u understand by the word feminism or rada wat do u tink dey want? Or are tired of? I bet u don't know
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
50calibre:

You didn't answer my question. Will your dad give you out in marriage without collecting anything in return? It's inconsequential how rich he is, this is Nigerian tradition/norm, so will your dad break from this tradition?

Well, you can go on deluding yourself, like I said previously, you'd eventually outgrow this fantasy phase.
If he collects anything, that's none my business. He fufilled his tradition but didn't sell me.

It doesn't mean that i'll cower for any man. If the man isn't interested anymore, he can go and collect his money back.

P.S - It's not all men that are anti-feminists. Atleast, I know handful of guys on this forum who are pro-feminists.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by chumakk: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
fellis:

@bold, how about the countless rapes and genocides and mass killings and terrorist bombings and child molestations and armed robberies men have been commiting since the beginning of time? hmmmmm??
why shouldn't we share the blame for all this disgusting acts on the men of today since y'all want to take credit for the acheivements made by men of yore.
if men are superior because they contributed more to building the world in the past, then that superiority would be cancelled and nullified by the psychopathic acts and crimes they have been carrying out right from time.

Men and women are unit and made to function together. The idea of feminism is to distort it just like gay marriage.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by ronald4lif(m): 5:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
gospi:

Please wat do u understand by the word feminism or rada wat do u tink dey want? Or are tired of? I bet u don't know

Fair enough then.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by ronald4lif(m): 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

Definition of feminism doesn't contradict bible.

Unsubmissiveness does ; and he who has no sin should cast the first stone.

BTW, Feminism is entirely different from unsubmissiveness.

Thanks for the timely correction.

But can one be a submissive wife and at same time demand for equality?. From my limited knowledge of the Bible I understand that many verses advocate for women to obey, respect their husband. Same Bible chapters/verses also made us know that a man is the head of the home. Sorry, I can't make reference to any chapter of the Bible that support my claims as I can't remember of any presently.

I also understand feminism is not just about gender equality on the domestic or home front affairs. So, your claim of it being different from unsubmissiveness is right. However, for the Bible, it preaches about women submission to their husband. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by 50calibre(m): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

If he collects anything, that's none my business. He fufilled his tradition but didn't sell me.

It doesn't mean that i'll cower for any man. If the man isn't interested anymore, he can go and collect his money back.

P.S - It's not all men that are anti-feminists. Atleast, I know handful of guys on this forum who are pro-feminists.

Ok!! Perhaps you need to prevail upon your dad to drop that tradition and embrace that of those who brought you feminism. It's your life, it's your well being, you can't separate your wishes from your dad's especially where you're the subject (here's your naivety speaking again)

I'm teaching you to be a real feminist, which isn't possible in a society where social/traditional obligations and expectations of men are far disproportionate to that of women.

There should be equality in every facet, start by abandoning these traditions which subjugate women by making life easier for them.

Well there are no feminist on this forum (at least I haven't seen) just single or unmarried young girls living out their fantasies online.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by zicoraads: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
** grin just passing grin**
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by zicoraads: 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
50calibre:

Ok!! Perhaps you need to prevail upon your dad to drop that tradition and embrace that of those who brought you feminism. It's your life, it's your well being, you can't separate your wishes from your dad's especially where you're the subject (here's your naivety speaking again)

I'm teaching you to be a real feminist, which isn't possible in a society where social/tradition obligations and expectations of men are far disproportionate to that of women.

[/b]There should be equality in every facet, start by abandoning there traditions which subjugate women by making life easier for them.[b]

Well there are no feminist on this forum (at least I haven't seen) just single or unmarried young girls who live out their fantasies online.

EOD!

Thread Closed!
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
This is an over-flogged topic in this section.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by intergral(m): 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
habeebcole:

wich of dem fit drive trailer........dem wan die
Our brain is different... They are just a part of us simple...
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by gradeA(m): 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

SMH

By the way, if a man is paying my school fees; so? Did I force him to have sex with my mother? undecided

With this post, you dont deserve any intelligent
argument with any sane person.

You are just a childish, immature and silly
attention seeker.

I just hope when you grow up, you would equally
grow some brain in that skull of yours.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:
Any woman who thinks she and a man should share equal rights has something seriously wrong with her.

The word is fairness.
Treat me like you want to be treated.

Don't talk equality bullsh1t here, cos that sh1t is nonexistent.

Chai!
You are my sister from another mother.

Those girls shouting feminist don't know what they saying. But they join the bandwagon just because it sounds cool.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by hamilton62(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
gospi:

Shebi wen u shud b studying the bible u wl b studying newspaper grin. Just ask me politely to show u and I will. angry anyways follow me to d book of Galatians 3 vs 28.Now read tongue
People like you should pray for the understanding and the Holy spirit to help teach you BIBLE when you STUDY it if you do, rather than scanning/reading.
Galatian 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptised into Christ have put on Christ.
Verse 28 There's neither Jew nor Greek, there's neither bond nor free, there's neither male nor female: for ye are all on in Christ.

LESSON
This tells you that in Heaven, you are neither male nor female...
Then ask yourself why is there a Jew and a Greek and Male and Female on earth?
If these are categorized on earth don't you think a modality for doing justice to this for a good relationship in peaceful coexistence is needed?
Then this brings us to the book of
Genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an HELP mate for him.

LESSON
I know you were a good english student; what did that adjective (help) do to the mate?
A mate means colleague/person of same level with you.
But the adjective, help showed that woman is the helper to man. So is your helper(nanny, errand boy/girl) more strong willed in your home?
I think that answered it.

Collosian 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own
husbands, as it is fitting in the Lord.

Ephessians 5:22 wife submit yourself unto you own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Verse 23 for the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and He is the saviour of the body.
Verse 24 therefore as Church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in EVERY THING.

LESSONS
No woman has any justifiable reason to ask for EQUALITY in her marriage unless it's against the Christ, Our God to put it precise.
These quotes are KJV and are from the New Testament because some confused people might think it's the law of Moses in the Old Testament.
The bible needs a divine understanding before you quote
A word is enough for the wise... If you like Obey if you like don't, the word of God doesn't change and can't but just know that they are there for your benefits.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

1) Thanks for the timely correction.

But can one be a submissive wife and at same time demand for equality?.

2) From my limited knowledge of the Bible I understand that many verses advocate for women to obey, respect their husband. Same Bible chapters/verses also made us know that a man is the head of the home. Sorry, I can't make reference to any chapter of the Bible that support my claims as I can't remember of any presently.

3) I also understand feminism is not just about gender equality on the domestic or home front affairs. So, your claim of it being different from unsubmissiveness is right. However, for the Bible, it preaches about women submission to their husband. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1) A feminist Christian demands for equality with other men excluding her husband e.g Politically, socially, in a work place.
Majority of females that are in a high position got it because of their dads, through cabal or doing all manners of rubbish. It's high time they rewarded us because of what we have got upstairs not sleeping around. Any lady who's not ready succumb find it difficult to succeed, and yet they tag those that fell for it bìtches and whöres.

2) Yes, but I still can't understand what submissiveness mean because I can't swallow any fùckery my future husband commands me to do hook lines and sinkers. I can accept intelligents ones, well.
I don't see cooking, cleaning and doing laundries as being submissive - it's just a chore someone love. Atleast, some married men do cook and my dad sometimes, cook owing to the fact that he currently stays with my mum and a junior brother while my sister and I, are in school.

3) You are not wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
Joavid:

Chai!
You are my sister from another mother.

Those girls shouting feminist don't know what they saying. But they join the bandwagon just because it sounds cool.

OMG
*hugs her* grin grin

I swear, I thought I was the only female who doesn't buy this feminist bullsh1t cheesy cheesy

Pleased to meet ya smiley
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
gradeA:

With this post, you dont deserve any intelligent
argument with any sane person.

You are just a childish, immature and silly
attention seeker.

I just hope when you grow up, you would equally
grow some brain in that skull of yours.

You sound pained.

Ndo!

2 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by hamilton62(m): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
sacredheart:

erm please bro try to make sense..I'm finding it hard to grasp the essence of your post.. where exactly?

I'm trying to find exactly where in my post I mentioned anything related to those questions
I made the sense but you seem not to assimilate it or concur to doing so either because you lack the creative understanding to see it or you just don't want to settle it that I have proven you otherwise...
In SSCE exams at least, you did justify some answers with the theories on the subject and gave examples... I touched you quotes to the extent a newbie can comprehend with ease.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by zicoraads: 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
Uhmm...just a quick question smiley

So, Vickybee...when you and your love go out on dates, do you also open doors for him? And, do you say no when he wants to? Or, the bills, is it split in two equal parts?

Just asking...
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by gospi: 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

Thanks for the timely correction.

But can one be a submissive wife and at same time demand for equality?. From my limited knowledge of the Bible I understand that many verses advocate for women to obey, respect their husband. Same Bible chapters/verses also made us know that a man is the head of the home. Sorry, I can't make reference to any chapter of the Bible that support my claims as I can't remember of any presently.

I also understand feminism is not just about gender equality on the domestic or home front affairs. So, your claim of it being different from unsubmissiveness is right. However, for the Bible, it preaches about women submission to their husband. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Saying men and women are equal dosnt mean a woman won't submit to or respect her husband na.Saying men and women are equal dosnt mean d man is not d head,the tin is being the head dosnt make d woman an inferior being.I don't know if u get my point.I'm talking about equality in creation.Mayb d oda ladies are talking abt somtin els. We have different roles ,u d man Lead (in marriage) and d woman assist,how does dat make u a better human being? Buhari is d head of state and Osinbanjo is a vice dosnt make Buhari a better human dan Osinbajo.They just have different roles to play.Saying women are not equal to men is like saying they are inferior and men are superior.I'm out abeg
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
zicoraads:
Uhmm...just a quick question smiley

So, Vickybee...when you and your love go out on dates, do you also open doors for him? And, do you say no when he wants to? Or, the bills, is it split in two equal parts?

Just asking...
grin We walk in together.

He pays the bill? So? It doesn't make me less equal to him.

I didn't beg him to do so.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by zicoraads: 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

grin We walk in together.

He pays the bill? So? It doesn't make me less equal to him.

I didn't beg him to do so.
And if he refuses to pay the bills, say, since the both of you are supposed to have equal rights, and insists you also pay, would you tag him a stingy person?
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
there really is no need for all this argument.
if you like equality fine, stand for it and don't let anyone bring you down.
if you believe you are an incomplete half of a human being that is also fine. everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they don't harm others because of it.

the thread was taken off front page I wonder why.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by gospi: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
zicoraads:
And if he refuses to pay the bills, say, since the both of you are supposed to have equal rights, and insists you also pay, would you tag him a stingy person?
So because he pays bills,that makes him superior and d lady inferior? U don't just get it.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
zicoraads:
undecided
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by bukatyne(f): 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

Staying at home and cooking and cleaning for my husband doesn't make me less of a strong woman.

The woman cannot be equal to a man in so many areas and the Bible concurs.
The Bible states that the females would long for her husband. It also states that the female should keep quiet in the church.

Going by this, it is divinely stated that a man and a woman can never really be placed on the same pedestal.

There is no equality between a man and a woman, and never will be. Either sexually, physically, socially, even spiritually.
The faster we come to terms with this, the better for all of us.

Emm, it would be fine you leave the Bible out of it.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by bukatyne(f): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

Yet, Priscilla, Aquilla, Deborah, Huldah and Miriam weren't silent.

That makes them a rebel?

Types of Bible
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by zicoraads: 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
gospi:

So because he pays bills,that makes him superior and d lady inferior? U don't just get it.
On the contrary, it is you who don't get it. I am not saying he is superior in any way. What am advocating for is, since ladies are now fighting for equal rights in every facet of life, wouldn't it be amazing if we start advocating for equal rights too? grin

And we can start with the basics. When we go out, come out and open my car door for me...open the door to the restaurant and allow me to walk in first. And after dinner, let the check be split in half. Wouldn't that make it easier for guys who are in relationships? Personally I don't have anything against ladies who advocate for equal rights. Hell, I treat all the women in my life equal. But don't go screaming it when you don't want to go all the way.

What is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
Insecure men seek out women they can easily oppress and brainwash to do their every bidding.
If you know you're really a strong man then go and date a strong willed , independent woman, make her fall in love with you and never want to leave you, then you can be proud.
These girls that act like puppies bore me.

4 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
bukatyne:

Emm, it would be fine you leave the Bible out of it.

Ok
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by zicoraads: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by bukatyne(f): 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:
I don't need feminism because receiving special treatment based on your gender is exactly what feminists claim to dislike' which makes it nothing g more than hypocritical ignorance.
I don't want feminism because the will to be equal to men in every aspect does not kill spicders, carry things that are heavy or protect me.
I also really enjoy cooking and cleaning.
Feminism simply does not make sense. There are things men can do that women cannot, as there are things woman can do that men cannot. That will never change. So cohabitate, use your skills to help each other and do what makes you happy.

You do not need superiority to live a happy, fulfilling life.

Is feminism = superiority
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
bukatyne:

Is feminism = superiority

What is feminism to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement / Man Rents Out Wife’s Room, Relocates Her To The Parlour / Nairaland Baby Is 5. Hurray!! Wish Me Well, dear Uncles And Aunties!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.