Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,020 members, 7,803,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo (26816 Views)

Update On Woman Who Slapped Her Husband At LUTH / To All Married Men (photo) / What Is Most Important In Marriage?is It Equal Rights Or Equal Responsibilities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
liquidmetall:

You see bro thats what am saying
Feminism in nigeria is a joke

How can a strong christian/muslim be supporting feminism
Some times I ask them do u believe in God..they say yes..and am like shitt

A feminist in my bbm told me that she's born again and that she's now a liquidmetall, as in she is now hot in the lord...and when we debated that apostle paul said wives should submit to her husband..

She told me apostle paul is a fool for saying that,that we shouldnt believe everything that he says......I was like see madness

You don't believe the bible but u r born again

Nna mehn isi agbakagom

Guht danke
Chatting with only her doesn't mean others are joke. It's better you say only christian feminists.

I know many female Nigerian atheists and agnostics.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by zicoraads: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
freecocoa:
People seem to just blow things out of proportion.

Feminism didn't say a guy can't open doors for his date or vice versa.

What's the big deal in holding a door? I hold a door and let him walk in like he does for me, he can pay, just like I can whenever it's convenient for us.

I guess raising irrelevant issues like holding doors, paying bills, who stays on top during $ex is what's making people talk crap about feminism.

Wanting to be treated like equals doesn't mean, not doing little things for each other.
Young lady...but those issues I raised aren't irrelevant. Maybe they are to you cos you do them. To you, it's normal. But to some ladies, it is the man's sole responsibility to do all of that and many more.

Of course am not dumb, I know that wanting to be treated as equals doesn't mean those lil things should be thrown outta the window. What am particular about is; if we would put on the feminism toga, then by all means, some of the things ladies see as a man's sole responsibility should be thrown out of the window.

2 Likes

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
There's nothing wrong in feminism.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Misogynist2014(m): 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
ifeness:

My wife and I are equals. She is no subject to me. You are still wrong and confused with Mythology.
What I'm trying to say that if a myth book tallies this much with reality, then you should give it a try. In Bible, you have dinosaurs, ice age, volcanoes, division of languages, division of continents, mass extinction of animals(mammoths, dinosaurs) , large piles of sedimentary rocks, history of nations, that moon uses reflected light, gives accurate reasons why we have the present population frame, wonders of Egypt, modern science, even feminism!
Don't pretend as if you are rights advocate cos I might be forced to source out some posts. cool
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by liquidmetall: 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
FrancisTony:

Chatting with only her doesn't mean others are joke. It's better you say only christian feminists.

I know many female Nigerian atheists and agnostics.

Bros check wella

They are what I termed " secret christians"

They know when they say they believe in God and they practice feminism, you won't take them serious

So they repackage themselves unto atheists level

This is nigeria where anything is possible

Thanks for the correction though
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by bukatyne(f): 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
liquidmetall:

Bros check wella

They know when they say they believe in God and they practice feminism, you won't take them serious

Is There any part of Christianity that teaches that women are inferior to men?
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
liquidmetall:

Yes thats y am saying feminism in nigeria is a joke
Via the bolded
You can't rule it a joke based on some people and their ideas, there are many of us who actually practice what we preach.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
zicoraads:
Young lady...but those issues I raised aren't irrelevant. Maybe they are to you cos you do them. To you, it's normal. But to some ladies, it is the man's sole responsibility to do all of that and many more.

Of course am not dumb, I know that wanting to be treated as equals doesn't mean those lil things should be thrown outta the window. What am particular about is; if we would put on the feminism toga, then by all means, some of the things ladies see as a man's sole responsibility should be thrown out of the window.
The point I'm trying to make is, is that, a feminist doesn't see anything as a man's sole responsibility, especially not such irrelevant and trivial things.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by sacredheart: 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
hamilton62:

I made the sense but you seem not to assimilate it or concur to doing so either because you lack the creative understanding to see it or you just don't want to settle it that I have proven you otherwise...
In SSCE exams at least, you did justify some answers with the theories on the subject and gave examples... I touched you quotes to the extent a newbie can comprehend with ease.
Bros calm down and breathe..
so what exactly are you saying?

@emboldened and this one make sense like this? I never knew the level of English comprehension has anything to do with how old you are on nl..
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by zicoraads: 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
freecocoa:
The point I'm trying to make is, is that, a feminist doesn't see anything as a man's sole responsibility, especially not such irrelevant and trivial things.
Apparently, your own 'brand' is quiet different from others.

And, are you in a relationship right now? wink

I would love to date someone who not only thinks, but also acts it kiss
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

Well, at my own convenient time sha.

Am sorry I have to quote this part...

So you mean,let say now for example your husband comes back from office tired and hungry and he asked you to prepare food for him,let say pounded yam...you won't do it because it not at your convenient time...

Because am damn sure a responsible mother would have told her daughter that she is to obey and respect her husband wish/command...

Unless of course the mother herself was not well brought up...

Pardon my english

*waiting for your reply*
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by crackhaus: 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Lmao @Christian feminist, what is that? cheesycheesy

These people no go kee me grin
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
liquidmetall:

Bros check wella

Bible isn't against feminism but misogyny, misandry, sexism and chauvinism.

Malachi2 : 10

Have we not all one father? Hath not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our father.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 9:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
zicoraads:
Apparently, your own 'brand' is quiet different from others.

And, are you in a relationship right now? wink

I would love to date someone who not only thinks, but also acts it kiss
Yes, I am in a relationship and have never really had the problem of who does what based on gender.

I mean, at first, the guys try to pull the "I am a man" stunt but they always get shut up based on what they see, it just flows with me and my relationship.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by zicoraads: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Yes, I am in a relationship and have never really had the problem of who does what based on gender.

I mean, at first, the guys try to pull the "I am a man" stunt but they always get shut up based on what they see, it just flows with me and my relationship.
Am not sure I fall into that category. Why on earth would I want to pull that stunt on my lady if she feels the need to? Lai lai!

Anyway, good for you! Good for you!
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by freecocoa(f): 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
zicoraads:
Am not sure I fall into that category. Why on earth would I want to pull that stunt on my lady if she feels the need to? Lai lai!

Anyway, good for you! Good for you!
Lol, it's more about them having the notion that women want special treatment while saying otherwise, and then realizing that it's not true.

Thank you.wink
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
kevinberry:

Am sorry I have to quote this part...
So you mean,let say now for example your husband comes back from office tired and hungry and he asked you to prepare food for him,let say pounded yam...you won't do it because it not at your convenient time...
Because am damn sure a responsible mother would have told her daughter that she is to obey and respect her husband wish/command...
Unless of course the mother herself was not well brought up...
Pardon my english
*waiting for your reply*
1) I can't marry a man that will want me to pound yam. God forbid. He should go and find a village girl..

2) If I've prepared food before and he's requesting I should prepare another one, I'm not going to do it.

1 Like

Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Airforce1(m): 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

1) I can't marry a man that will want me to pound yam. God forbid. He should go and find a village girl..

2) If I've prepared food before and he's requesting I should prepare another one, I'm not going to do it.

Good for you

My humble advice for you is

Look for clay,mould the type of man you want and ask God to breath in air for you.....

Good luck with your fight for gender equality
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
kevinberry:

Good for you

My humble advice for you is

Look for clay,mould the type of man you want and ask God to breath in air for you.....

Good luck with your fight for gender equality
Thank you.

I already have one and he's not ego-driven. wink
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by liquidmetall: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
FrancisTony:

Bible isn't against feminism but misogyny, misandry, sexism and chauvinism.

Malachi2 : 10

Have we not all one father? Hath not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our father.

Yes we have one father, one dad created us

The convenant our father brought us into through the death of our lord jesus christ said in
1 Corinthians 11:10
It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own head, because of the angels.

Now they are going against it saying

We can"t be submissive

A man shouldnt have authority over me
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

Thank you.

Pls let it stay this way

Don't go too far

*Peace*
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
Crackhaus, Virgin Mary was a feminist.

Check how she was forming "boss lady" or did you read anywhere she cowered for Joseph? undecided
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

Thank you.

~ Me ..right?
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ Me ..right?
grin
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

grin

~ You are in my school..what level?
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Airforce1(m): 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:
Crackhaus, Virgin Mary was a feminist.

Check how she was forming "boss lady" or did you read anywhere she cowered for Joseph?
undecided

please mind what you say about our lady virgin mary

Don't involve her in your discussion

Thanks
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ You are in my school..what level?
200level.

Not in Akoka but Idi-araba.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
Airforce1:

please mind what you say about our lady virgin mary

Don't involve her in your discussion

Thanks
okay undecided
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by MockinJay(m): 9:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee

You seem to use the word "Feminist" quite alot. That you have somehow managed to blow it out of proportion but then again, everyone is entitled to their perspective in life.

I'd like to make something clear, you are just a confused young lady with little knowledge about Feminism. The little you could grasp from its meaning is being brutalized.

Your posts are becoming more senseless by the day. The thing is that you think so highly of yourself..not for other women and that young lady doesn't make u a Feminist. It makes you a b!tch.

Take a chill pill and go get educated.
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Airforce1(m): 9:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vickybee:

okay undecided

Thank you
Re: Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:
What I'm trying to say that if a myth book tallies this much with reality, then you should give it a try. In Bible, you have dinosaurs, ice age, volcanoes, division of languages, division of continents, mass extinction of animals(mammoths, dinosaurs) , large piles of sedimentary rocks, history of nations, that moon uses reflected light, gives accurate reasons why we have the present population frame, wonders of Egypt, modern science, even feminism!
Don't pretend as if you are rights advocate cos I might be forced to source out some posts. cool

Go ahead and source out some posts. Did you just say Dinosaurs and Ice age in the Bible? Please lets be honest here,Dinosaurs and the Pyramid of Egypt predates the Bible. You don't want me to go Bible bashing on this thread do you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement / More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner / Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.