Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,511 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists (18627 Views)

Russian Plane Crashes On Its Way To Syria. 9 Journalists, 83 Others Aboard / Journalists In Tipper Truck For Ghana’s 59th Independence Day / Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by missionmex(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
We would not have released this men so soon. If we have held them like Egypt did they would rather be begging than spewing this shiiiiit.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by stonecoldcafe: 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE is my role MODEL!!
u don show? Lolzzzzz
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Acekidc4(m): 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:

HERO and ROLE MODEL Indeed
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by hardbody: 2:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
luvinhubby:
You do not cover an area under heavy millitary operations without a valid clearance, that it is Nigeria does not mean they should get away with it.

They should go and take ISIS to court and those guys beheading their people everyday. Once it is Nigeria everyone wants to flex muscles. Rubbish things

3 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by FLYFIRE(m): 2:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
kastonkastrol:
the Nigeria military should release those journalists ASAP. We don't want any mainstream media that will lunch silly propaganda against the incoming government of Buhari
HAHA..SILLY PROPRAGANDA AGINST BUHARI? THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR HIM FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS NOW

2 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by dunkem21(m): 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
efilefun:
we don hear, na so you shout GEJ till 2019 till una lose, maybe na so you go shout this one until dem go lock them for cell

Lock him for saying his mind?

So much for change.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
Inkman:
the NA should better release the journalists
before they drag our name to the mud
nta/ait are yet to recover
#freeajstaff

Why should they,even if they broke a law
Smh for some Nigerians.
It's high time N.A send a sounding warning to international communities and media houses that we won't take shit anymore. They better learn from the Egyptian army,those guys never disappoint

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by efilefun(m): 3:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
i laugh in swahili, like attacking GMB is the only issue we all know Fayose got.
dunkem21:

Lock him for saying his mind?

So much for change.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by yetunsbay(m): 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
missionmex:
We would not have released this men so soon. If we have held them like Egypt did they would rather be begging than spewing this shiiiiit.
dnt 4get they are Nigerians. In another dvlpmt a Nigerian Newspaper reported they ve bn freed
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by PassingShot(m): 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
papaejima1:
Remind me again, what did Aljazeera do to the Egyptian govt over their detained staff?

Nothing but rant and rave.
You control the airwaves, the NA controls the power.
If any of those guys are found to in anyway compromise our security or intelligence protocols, please charge them to court and jail them if guilty. AJ staff are not above the law.

But why has the NA not charged them to court? Now, that's where the problem lies. undecided
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by OgaTheTop2: 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:
Your life will be a mirror of your 'hero' and 'role model'... Clueless, confused and rabidundecided

2 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by major466(m): 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
Those journalists should be investigated properly to ascertain their real mission in a restricted area without security clearance. If found guilty, they must be made to face the wrath of the law. International criminals and terrorists alike usually hide under the cover of Journalists, Tourists and Aid workers to commit crimes against humanity around the globe.

BTW, These Aljazeera people are becoming too stubborn these days. Last time, their journalists or should I say, False News reporters were arrested in Egypt for false reporting. Now they're spreading their tentacles to Nigeria. Aljazeera, CNN and the others are all tools of international destabilization.

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Nazeeboy(m): 3:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
softapple:
we wnt allow any news channel to drag d country's name to d mud all bcaus of press freedom, i wonda if dis news channel can dare drag U.S.A OR RUSSIA to court if they detained their journalist, NIGERIA nd NIGERIANS must understand that we must protect the integrity of this country no mata what, d military knows best why they detained them so what ALJAZEERA shud b doing is pleading n nt taken a whole Nigeria army to court which is an insult n disrespectful to 170million Nigerians.
u just said my mind joor!

2 Likes

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by dunkem21(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
efilefun:
i laugh in swahili, like attacking GMB is the only issue we all know Fayose got.

I have not heard people complain about non payment of salary arrears in Ekiti as we heard in Osun.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by ruskiee(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
Free the journalists, if you have no charges against them in the courts.
Lack of information is a clog in the wheels of government. If the journalists have been investigated and found to have breached our laid down laws, then charge them -if not quit playing games and release them. We have better things to worry about at the moment.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by galadima77(m): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
papaejima1:
Remind me again, what did Aljazeera do to the Egyptian govt over their detained staff?

If any of those guys are found to in anyway compromise our security or intelligence protocols, please charge them to court and jail them if guilty. AJ staff are not above the law.

i so concur on that
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by efilefun(m): 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
Really you havent heard such complain well you need to make some research then
dunkem21:

I have not heard people complain about non payment of salary arrears in Ekiti as we heard in Osun.

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Toktee(m): 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
luvinhubby:
You do not cover an area under heavy millitary operations without a valid clearance, that it is Nigeria does not mean they should get away with it.
what do you know about reporting on the frontline?
Nigerian Army wanted to cover their weakness thereby denying all the journalist access to the war front,in syria/iraq where ISIS is ravaging the two countries,the whole war on terror is watched by the whole world,why is Nigerian case different?
The reason is that,prior to election,Jonathan in a league with the army,wanted to tell nigerians what they want to hear,and that is exactly what they were doing vha olukolade,the presence of Aljazeera there was seen as distraction,period.

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Toktee(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
papaejima1:

compromised the security like reporting hidden truth?
Or that baga never happened?
Or chibok girls were not kidnapped?
I dnt get you.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by dunkem21(m): 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
efilefun:
Really you havent heard such complain well you need to make some research then

Any link to show? I think you are the one to make researches.

Osun's own is handy.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by TheChosenOne1: 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
@OP..They've been released oooo
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
Shall those two men no get sense.

Them put coffin. You go carry your camera dey Walker.

What if Boko gun them down?

#Buriedourstaff
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by loomer: 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
Aljazeera de make noise, if like say them charge then, find dem guilty n send dem to prison, na beg una for de beg for the release. Idiot people.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Bimiafashion(f): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:
temitemi1:
temitemi1:
I pity you
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
umarc19:

Those living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If their journalists were not detained do u think they will air any propaganda against ur government?
(according to what u said)

Back to the topic:

I think the journalist should be investigated if they are found guilty of any offence they should face the penalties and if not they should be released - simple.
save me all your grammar jare. Look I don't care what the Nigeria military will do or will not do to them. Whatever the(NA) want to do with them should be done with before may29th. We are starting a new government and we don't want jonathan's mountain of problems on our table. The ones we will inherit will be enough. Get that
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by cirmuell(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
luvinhubby:
I hope you get detained someday with all your rights denied, then you'll know how it feels. I don't know when Nigerians will start using the proper channels in handling stuffs.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
If America or the west does not disgrace or choke the live out of Nigeria they won't rest. Why are they prying into the affairs of Nigeria and their journalists roaming up and down. The disgrace we gave them last week is not enough when they thought war will break out,they want more. NA please release their robots to them.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Islie: 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:

You mean the guy that was just serve a letter of impeachment

You will soon be impeach from NL like your role MODEL
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by ITbomb(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
The military has since handed them over to DSS, going to court will not solve anything cos they were taken in a war zone.
It is callous to see Nigerians defending this people after all their hate reporting.
I wish it was CNN reporters, I would have loved to see America foam and rant like a baby whose milk has been taken away
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by lolaxavier(m): 4:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
Litmus:
It will be interesting to see if Buhari compels the military to free these so-called Journalists. Of course the journalists could be freed due to pressure from Buhari in a way that hides the fact but I'm not a fan of those paradoxes whose purpose is to justify our purpose.

An example of a paradox that justifies our purpose is the one from which neither Johnathan or the North was able to escape leading up to the election and which still persists now. This is how it persists - if Bokoharam continues to wreck havoc in the North, Johnathan supporters will argue that, Buhari and the North want to keep up the terrorism for a short time longer just so it wont look suspicious that they are the ones sponsoring Bokoharam. On the other hand, supporters of Buharri will argue that the terrorism continues because Johnathan is the sponsors of Bokoharam and wants to destroy the north and Buhari's reputation. If the terrorism ends, Johnathan supporters will argue that Buhari ended it because he had the power to as their sponsors.

The upshot is, Buhari should not intervene, let the military do their job. If Buhari intervenes he'll rightly be viewed as a puppet of outside powers and Nigerians should be sure that we're in trouble as a nation. If the military frees the journalists we should not accuse Buhari of applying pressure unless there's irrefutable evidence.

What is dis one saying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S. Wins Case To Seize Russian Superyacht In Fiji. / Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured / Nigeria, Others Consider Single Currency, Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.