Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum (30883 Views)

Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation / I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by adamilen(f): 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,

I am a 26 year old lady and will be getting married in June. Unfortunately for me I found about two months ago that my dad is cheating on my mum. I didn't say anything cuz I do not want my family to break up. Before it was one lady but now I have found out that they are two. It seems like as the days go deeper he gets more and more into it.

Yesterday he told me to put a password for him on his phone. I tried avoiding doing it but he was persistent and at the end I ended up putting it for him but my conscience has really started disturbing me. I dont know if I should tell her because I don't want my family to break up and at the same time I don't want to see my mother hurt. She loves and adores him, although everyone has his/her shortcomings.

He is a well respected man and my fiancee respects him more than anything. I feel like I am suffocating.

Please what should I do? I really need good advice

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Acekidc4(m): 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
What da Fvck!! Too Bad
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by falconey(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
leave daddy alone, don't tell mummy.

It doesn't matter where daddy is geting his motor running as long as he park in the right garage.

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by major466(m): 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Its not easy calling someone misbehaving badly to order when the person in question is one of your parent.
@Op, this is beyond you. Talk to a respected elder in your community about the situation. He will know what to do.

16 Likes

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by elantraceey(f): 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
Save your mom, honestly she's going to get terribly hurt but its better before he infect your mum with a deadly disease, her life is important , but in all dear apply wisdom, this is really a tough situation.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
Op, for the sake of your mum and dad's marriage, I think it's best you don't tell your mum or anyone.

From everything you have said, it seems you are really close to your dad.

Here is my advise~ I think the best thing you do is sit your dad down and talk to him in all seriousness and maturity
Tell him that what he is doing isn't right and it's even having a bad influence on you as his child.
Explain to him that him cheating on your mum is total wickedness because she loves him so much.
Tell him that if he doesn't stop that you would report him to a spiritual leader or an elder relation.

If he continues this absurd behavior, Op you have no choice but to do just that.

I know it would be tough being in your condition but don't give up on your dad. Always include him in your prayers and keep on praying that God would continue to keep his union with your mum.

Thanks.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by HURUCHI(m): 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
falconey:

leave daddy alone, don't tell mummy.

It doesn't matter where daddy is geting his motor running as long as he park in the right garage.

Na true oooooh marry ya husband and lev ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by dharay99: 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
first if u need a solution to ds, u need to remove d fear of any break up btw dem,

Why don't u get som1 ur mum rilli likes n respects so much, an elder person, myt b ur pastor etc,

Explain d stuff to d person, and tell d person u don't want a brk up, etc dat he should find a way to plead wid ur mum. let d person b the one to sit down ur mum n dad and break d news 2ur mum...

Yea ur mum go para buh b prayerful b4 embarking on it, as long as ur mum respects dat person so much, she should listen to d person.
smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by beycity(m): 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
You cant really do much... You need to tell elders in the family to help you out but in all, dont tell mummy yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Brymo: 3:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
You can tell a lot about a person's
character by how they do life's
menial tasks. For example, I saw
my neighbor washing dishes,
and I could immediately tell that
he was an adulterer by the way
my wife's naked body glistened
through his kitchen window.
Jarod Kintz

i bet u, ur mum knows. Just pray for them.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by tohpahz(f): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Don't know what to say. But i think id learn something here. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Penssuwa(m): 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tell ur dad and request that he stop it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Jackeeh(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Your part is to tell your mother what you know. And you better have your proofs. Your mother's part is to decide if the info you tendered is enough to make her end her marriage. If you keep the info to yourself, you will end up hurting your mum the more. All in all,don't bother your head much cos your mum must have known already but decides to act ignorant. Still, let her in on what you know.

6 Likes

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
Pman needs alternative punny, jez free him grin

5 Likes

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
Let mummy finds out,such things can't be hidden for long.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by elantraceey(f): 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
missclasssy:
Op, for the sake of your mum and dad's marriage, I think it's best you don't tell your mum or anyone.

Here is my advise~ I think the best thing you do is sit your dad down and talk to him in all seriousness and maturity
Tell him that what he is doing isn't right and it's even having a bad influence on you as his child.
Explain to him that him cheating on your mum is total wickedness because she loves him so much.
Tell him that if he doesn't stop that you would report him to a spiritual leader or an elder relation.

If he continues this absurd behavior, Op you have no choice but to do just that.

I know it would be tough being in your condition but don't give up on your dad. Always include him in your prayers and keep on praying that God would continue to keep his union with your mum.

Thanks.

I seriously doubt if he'll listen.

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by naijafresh: 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
Strictly speaking none of your business unless there is a physical threat to your mums wellbeing.

You might want to take the delicate matter up with your Dad in a sensitive way rather than go blurting out to your mum, after all he should be given a chance to make things right and you don't want to be seen as the enemy by either of them

Who knows your mum might already be aware or even reluctantly approve of his infidelity, this will only add to her embarrassment..

4 Likes

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
My advise, is as follows;

Your mother is NOT aware of his escapades, you do not have to be the whistle blower, you wont forgive yourself when wahala starts.

You are aware of his escapes;

Plan A:

you need to find a diplomatic way of whimsically, jokingly, respectfully saying "Daddy, I am aware oh, but I swear, Mamma will NOT hear this from me, this is our little secret, but you just have to STOP, if not, things will get ugly.", be firm, be assertive and be his daughter.

Again, do not tell your mom, and be sure your Dad gets the message. In the event that your Dad does not listen, then move to Plan B.

Plan B: Get a new phone, new sim and send this text, purportedly from a guy to him; "Old man, you have succeeded in ruining my relationship with my girlfriend because you have cash. You will not see me coming, I hope you love your wife and your kids, If this heart-break continues then I will send any of them 6ft.

Escalate Plan B, after a week, by lying that a certain boy was chasing after you with a dagger and nearly killed you if not that you ran into someone's office, and that the boy was shouting "Your Dad will pay for his actions".

Hahahahahaha Manipulation saves time and effort.

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by thorpido(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
If you can talk to your dad,then confront but be wise with the choice of your words.Be very sure that he is having an affair and present the proof to him.If you can't do that,then confide in a respected elder or pastor and have him talk with your dad.
Leave your mum out of this for now.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
Girl, when you were growing up, your parent told you to "always mind your business" ...this situation inclusive.you don't have to disobey them now. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
elantraceey:

I seriously doubt if he'll listen.

You never know, he just might.

Have you ever been in a situation where a kid explains something that you are ignorant of to you.
Or when a kid corrects your wrong.

It makes you feel like a complete _fool and you just try to avoid doing that thing.

Well if it doesn't work, she should report to an elder relation or a spiritual leader.....

2 Likes

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by sholikay(m): 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
Leave daddy alone, cause he is enjoying his EXTRA TIME.. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
I don't think its ur business
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Psalmwise(m): 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
follow ur popman talk

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Godfullsam(m): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
At 26 yes of age you mean you can not confront your dad tell him you don't like what he is doing to your mum

Na wah for you oh shocked

....and you will be getting married by June undecided, I wonder if you will be able to confront your husband if you discover he is doing such cry

9 Likes

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by elantraceey(f): 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
missclasssy:

You never know, he just might.

Have you ever been in a situation where a kid explains something that you are ignorant of to you.
Or when a kid corrects your wrong.

It makes you feel like a complete _fool and you just try to avoid doing that thing.

Well if it doesn't work, she should report to an elder relation or a spiritual leader.....

I've never been in that shoe.

And what will they do? In cases like this I don't like involving external bodies that early so I'll just gather evidence and speak to her myself, I'm very sure she must have seen little signs before , this is not just one girl but several .
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Brymo: 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
Billyonaire:
My advise, is as follows;

Your mother is NOT aware of his escapes, you do not have to be the whistle blower, you wont forgive yourself when wahala starts.

You are aware of his escapes;

Plan A:

you need to find a diplomatic way of whimsically, jokingly, respectfully saying "Daddy, I am aware oh, but I swear, Mamma will NOT hear this from me, this is our little secret, but you just have to STOP, if not, things will get ugly.", be firm, be assertive and be his daughter.

Again, do not tell your mom, and be sure your Dad gets the message. In the event that your Dad does not listen, then move to Plan B.

Plan B: Get a new phone, new sim and send this text, purportedly from a guy to him; "Old man, you have succeeded in ruining my relationship with my girlfriend because you have cash. You will not see me coming, I hope you love your wife and your kids, If this heart-break continues then I will send any of them 6ft.

Escalate Plan B, after a week, by lying that a certain boy was chasing after you with a dagger and nearly killed you if not that you ran into someone's office, and that the boy was shouting "Your Dad will pay for his actions".

Hahahahahaha Manipulation saves time and effort.
funny plan bb

6 Likes

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Ab025(m): 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
@Poster

you are joking. do you really think that deep down, your mum don't know your dad is cheating on her.....??

she may seem to be a very happy wife and always in a joyful mood but its not because she doesn't know what your dad is doing, it is because she has learned to live with it and not be sad.

#note:leave her alone o, nor tell her

1 Like

Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by funkyjms: 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
missclasssy:

[s]Tell him that if he doesn't stop that you would report him to a spiritual leader or an elder relation.[/s]

Thanks.

Threatening him? Some don't care!
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by acume: 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
Talk to your daddy in parable, he will change, but don't let your mother know so u don't destroy the home.
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by peeparty(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
[quote author=elantraceey post=32376596]Save your mom, honestly she's going to get terribly hurt but its better before he infect your mum with a deadly disease, her life is important , but in all dear apply wisdom, this is really a tough situation.[/quote. Sis whay ya say?mk she go tell her mama hmm dnt think daht wud be cool wen u hear d outcome,even if she tells d mum wud daht mk her use a ccondom?or not give him sex haba.d problem go tire plenty wrapper be daht na.@op abeg pray wella. den ask for divine wisdom,after daht you approach ur dad with a hrt to hrt talk.and watch wat God will do.op if I the abt wetin ma papa dey do sef...afraid co catch u
Re: Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum by Houseofglam7(f): 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
I'm very sure yo momma knows already.
You can just talk to yo dad about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice.. / Roles In The 'nigerian' Family / Wife Surprisingly Paid Her Husband’s Long-term Loan (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.