Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice (3402 Views)

I Just Finished Learning Php Through Video Tut , Now Whatt Next? / Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database / What Are The Worst Ways Of Learning Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by Kfada(m): 6:31pm On Jan 25, 2009
abeg make una chaply reply
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by quadrillio(m): 2:30pm On Jan 28, 2009
No knowledge is a waste
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by yawatide(f): 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2009
An acquisition of a skill set that will enable you, with the perfect combination of luck and an entrepreneurial spirit, to be self-employed and to be self-fulfilled.
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by aphoe(m): 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2009
well, PHP MySQL are almost the most powerful tools for webdevelopment. i can confidently say that their combination is the best.
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by nitation(m): 8:06am On Feb 07, 2009
Who are you to say it is a waste?? quadrillio - > I think you are a JUMP BOY (bus conductor)

MY POWERFUL SCRIPTING LANGUAGE
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2009
Try adding some ajax to it - and u are da bomb!
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by yawatide(f): 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2009
To the deviators:

Why not answer the question as asked b4 recommending other technologies and/or going on a yabbing fest?
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by alexis(m): 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2009
PHP was built with one thing in mind - to design web apps and web apps are going to be around for a very long time. A solid knowledge in PHP and MySQL can get you a great job or allow you work on your own.
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by Afam(m): 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2009
alexis:

PHP was built with one thing in mind - to design web apps and web apps are going to be around for a very long time.

Tell them.
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by nitation(m): 9:13am On Feb 10, 2009
PHP was built with one thing in mind - to design web apps

Why am I finding it so hard to accept the above statement Maybe because it's not 100% correct! What about the fact that says PHP can handle exe applications?? hmmm

-> Ya-wa-ti-de Do you think am wrong?

My 2-cent
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by Afam(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2009
nitation:

PHP was built with one thing in mind - to design web apps

Why am I finding it so hard to accept the above statement Maybe because it's not 100% correct! What about the fact that says PHP can handle exe applications?? hmmm

-> Ya-wa-ti-de Do you think am wrong?

My 2-cent

Do you really understand the meaning of web applications?

If yes, do you know anything about the primary goal of PHP and why it has remained the most popular web programming language?

If no, then no vex, sorry for disturbing your quiet.
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 12, 2009
well, php was intended for the web initially, but now, with the php-gtk extension which ONLY binds to the GTK+ toolkit (meaning php-gtk uses GTK+ classes), you can develop standalones.

Benefits of learning PHP/mysql:

You will get help very quickly when u are stuck, php is used widely.
Re: Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice by nitation(m): 10:24am On Feb 13, 2009
@Afam

That question should be directed to you. In fact, a grade ten student should be able to break the words:
WEB | APPLICATION.

Any way, It seems you very good with this subject, why don't you teach me what i don't know. Rather, what php.net fails to include in their documentation.

PHP expert!.

lol ~

(1) (Reply)

Python Django Android... / 50 Profitable Online Businesses / Pos Terminal Connectivity To Web Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.