Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? (34767 Views)

What's Your Favorite FPS Game? / Graphic Settings To Get 60+ FPS With AMD 290/290X / Call Of Duty:infinite Warfare Vs Battlefield 1(opinions & Reviews) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by purplekayc(m): 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
gj22:

This is one of the reasons I got a console and ditched pc gaming.

I heard that the black ops 3 is for current gen and pc only though. sad
am still in favour of PC
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
purplekayc:
am still in favour of PC
U a PC gamer too? Or are u on PSN like the rest of Nairaland?
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by purplekayc(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
U a PC gamer too? Or are u on PSN like the rest of Nairaland?
pc
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 02, 2015
LordReed:

What!? You have to be kidding! Did you play RE4?

Good thing im not the only that felt RE4 was the best in the franchise
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by LordReed(m): 9:05pm On May 02, 2015
youmour:

Good thing im not the only that felt RE4 was the best in the franchise

Yeah, it was one game that truly deserved GOTY when it came out.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by jbichene(m): 7:50am On May 04, 2015
purplekayc:
get ready to upgrade your PC if you have not
am hoping to play it on Xbox one
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 17, 2015
Very accurate

2 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 15, 2015
COD
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by khalhokage(m): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2015
Battlefield na, what sort of question is this?
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by olexy4real(m): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2015
cao:
I'll give my own 2 cents, I'm a noob at FPSS, seriously the last FPS game was Duke Nukem on the PS1, I tried Unreal Tournament once during my PC gaming days (man, I miss that laptop) and I just couldn't get into it. Until, I tried COD: Ghosts, I found the storyline intriguing and I got over my inability to see the character. I was a big fan of the space gameplay, seriously they could have made the whole game on that aspect and I'd be a happy camper. The campaign mode was brilliant, even though I've been told it's a rehash of another COD game, it looked good to me.

Then along came CoD: Advanced Warfare, now it's campaign mode was a doozy, this time we're not playing the mute brother - our guy has a voice & appears to be an actual contributor and not a faceless soldier. The futuristic upgrade is an added bonus, plus I get to play in Lagos. Even though there did mess up on that one - we've not had a Prime Minister in Nigeria in a very long time; where the heck did they find that Nigerian accent?; Lagos is not the capital of Nigeria. At least I know I heard some Yoruba (just aim towards the crowd at the beginning (I think?) and listen). Killing ASTs by grappling hook is still a fun way to kill them. See the way I dey jump left right & centre just to press the R1 button behind them.

Now onto the multiplayer, I'm a literal walking target, I can't help you here. This time it's battling 12 year old boys or French guys*, who have spent way too much time playing these games, usually without ever stepping into the campaign mode. Once spoke to one of the chefs at work, the guy proudly said he had never played the Campaign mode of COD & this guy had been playing CoDs for the longest of time. If you have the patience, willpower and luck, you could become godlike...of course only in COD not in real life.

I've heard good things about BF, but since I'm still a FPS noob, I'll have to actually see some game time to actually comment on it.

*apparently, everytime I try to play online gaming I'm always paired with French guys, this is kinda awkward when you think about the English-French relationship, I've been in England way too long.

Hmm!!! Really impressed. For a lady sabi game like this. Nice one sis
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by stag: 7:40am On Jun 15, 2015
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare!

No questions.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by OmoEziokwu: 7:42am On Jun 15, 2015
Jonathan Irons grin

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by salamudeen(m): 7:59am On Jun 15, 2015
Am on METRO... PC. I just love the story line
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by amAZEing: 8:05am On Jun 15, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
In BF it doesn't matter if ur aim is wack or not as there is always a role for everybody. BF is not always abt killing ur opponents.

If u cant shoot straight then there are plenty of vehicles u can use to enjoy urself and still cause mayhem. Or better still u could play as a medic and revive ur dead teammates or play as a Sniper and do some recon for ur team while still landing some headshots and still rack up points to level up as well. U can finish in the top 5 of ur team without even scoring a single kill.

And its not only abt watching youtube videos. Trust me if u gve d game a try u probably wont want to play CoD MP again. Even most CoD youtubers ve already started playing BF

Well said bro.

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by sauceEEP(m): 8:06am On Jun 15, 2015
On which platform are you guys debating? Console I guess....,am out cos am rocking mine on Android.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by MARKone(m): 8:24am On Jun 15, 2015
Alice Madness Returns grin
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Ajawuihevictor(m): 9:18am On Jun 15, 2015
Any day any time, I will go for Battle field. The graphics is better.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2015
cao:
I'll give my own 2 cents, I'm a noob at FPSS, seriously the last FPS game was Duke Nukem on the PS1, I tried Unreal Tournament once during my PC gaming days (man, I miss that laptop) and I just couldn't get into it. Until, I tried COD: Ghosts, I found the storyline intriguing and I got over my inability to see the character. I was a big fan of the space gameplay, seriously they could have made the whole game on that aspect and I'd be a happy camper. The campaign mode was brilliant, even though I've been told it's a rehash of another COD game, it looked good to me.

Then along came CoD: Advanced Warfare, now it's campaign mode was a doozy, this time we're not playing the mute brother - our guy has a voice & appears to be an actual contributor and not a faceless soldier. The futuristic upgrade is an added bonus, plus I get to play in Lagos. Even though there did mess up on that one - we've not had a Prime Minister in Nigeria in a very long time; where the heck did they find that Nigerian accent?; Lagos is not the capital of Nigeria. At least I know I heard some Yoruba (just aim towards the crowd at the beginning (I think?) and listen). Killing ASTs by grappling hook is still a fun way to kill them. See the way I dey jump left right & centre just to press the R1 button behind them.

Now onto the multiplayer, I'm a literal walking target, I can't help you here. This time it's battling 12 year old boys or French guys*, who have spent way too much time playing these games, usually without ever stepping into the campaign mode. Once spoke to one of the chefs at work, the guy proudly said he had never played the Campaign mode of COD & this guy had been playing CoDs for the longest of time. If you have the patience, willpower and luck, you could become godlike...of course only in COD not in real life.

I've heard good things about BF, but since I'm still a FPS noob, I'll have to actually see some game time to actually comment on it.

*apparently, everytime I try to play online gaming I'm always paired with French guys, this is kinda awkward when you think about the English-French relationship, I've been in England way too long.
Thought i was the weird one, nice analysis. Gta gets me anything.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by prettyboi1(m): 9:39am On Jun 15, 2015
I have not played Call of duty: Advanced Warfare yet, but generally I prefer Battlefield so far. I played Call of Duty:Ghost and my gosh, I was freaking bored.....I couldn't even finish I, I just stopped playing it. Battlefield on the other hand to me is freaking realistic. In battlefield, th don't tell you every freaking thing to do, you have to use your intuition, so it makes you feel like you're actually inside the game. Also, in battlefield, you can get into all forms of vehicles you see at anytime....planes, helicopters, tanks, cars etc but in Call of duty (at least in 'Ghost') you can only do that when the AI permits you. All in all, I pick battlefield over call of duty.

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by khayc(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2015
cao:

point of correction your not a noob,your a PRO and an elite one at that,what most gaming guys couldn't fathom, you did as a chick.nice analysis
its still COD for me tho,love both but COD comes first.BF started competing with COD when they released their fourth edition
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by zizirecords(m): 10:11am On Jun 15, 2015
You don't sound like a noob at all.

cao:

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by popeferd(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2015
Black ops!!! #COD madd ass game!

Pls, Check on my signature nd help a bro soonest...
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Thavik(m): 10:31am On Jun 15, 2015
Played the latest battlefield 4, and I can say even on ps3 it looks amazing.
Battle field wins in term of graphical superiority and cinematics while cod win in story telling.
I can tell you I was hooked on the modern warfare series for about 3 years. Replayed and replayed campaign missions . Simply amazing story telling
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by tunergy(m): 10:38am On Jun 15, 2015
That is like comparing War with Riot
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by intergral(m): 11:43am On Jun 15, 2015
cao:
To the FPS fiends, you can finally have a good verbal smackdown on whether Call of Duty or Battlefield is the better first person shooter game. Oya start talking.

CC: gmyguy & AdeLaNa1, you can continue your talk here, after your cooling off period is over.
Battle field is CRAP!!!...... Call oF duty rocks.... Currently playing Call of Duty Ghost.... Before Advanced warfare on PC!

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by intergral(m): 11:46am On Jun 15, 2015
Thavik:
Played the latest battlefield 4, and I can say even on ps3 it looks amazing.
Battle field wins in term of graphical superiority and cinematics while cod win in story telling.
I can tell you I was hooked on the modern warfare series for about 3 years. Replayed and replayed campaign missions . Simply amazing story telling
wait till you play COD black ops 1 & 2..... Currently playing COD GHOST then COD advanced warfare......FARCRY 4 is kindda awesome..... And am playing the on ma pC by downloading...
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by intergral(m): 11:50am On Jun 15, 2015
juicebox:
between BattleField 4, BF hardline and COD AW. which is better?
COD AW and FAr cry4 are the best FPS games right now......
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by mankand(m): 11:54am On Jun 15, 2015
Currently playing call of duty ghost. Can't comment now until I try battlefield. Though u have both games but I'm currently in love with COD
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by modskiller(m): 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
A 3rd person is far more better for me though as the character can perform more actions like engage in combat and interact with objects in the surrounding #IMO
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by piagetskinner(m): 2:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
Last time I checked battle field looked more realistic with hard-core action, coupled with good game graphics..I'm yet to get COD Advance warfare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Your Highest Score In Subway Surfers? / FaZe Censor & Yanet Garcia Break Up So He Could Focus More On Video Games / Whot! - Card Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.