Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3011886 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:45am On Jul 24, 2016
PRESS RELEASE
FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE SERVICES

In furtherance to ongoing tactical operations to degrade the capabilities and hide-outs of criminal gangs/ syndicates across the Federation, this Service wish to apprise the general public of recent successful progress recorded so far in the drive.

2. On 21st July, 2016, one Jones ABIRI aka General Akotebe DARIKORO was arrested by this Service in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. DARIKORO is the leader of the Joint Revolutionary Council of the Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force (JNDLF), which has been furthering separatist tendencies in connivance with other criminal gangs in the Niger Delta region. DARIKORO, who operates under the nom-de-guerre “General-Kill and Bury”, has confessed and owned up to some criminal activities committed by the JNDLF, which include:
- The vandalism of Nigeria Agip Oil Company (NAOC) trunk line in Ogboinbiri, Southern Ijaw LGA and bombing of oil pipeline belonging to Shell Development Company (SPDC) at Brass creek on 8th July, 2016, all in Bayelsa State;

- Threat messages to managements of NAOC and SPDC demanding for the payment of the sum of Five Hundred Million Naira (N500m), and Two Hundred and Fifty Million Naira (N250m) respectively;

- Threat to launch missile attacks against selected targets in Abuja including the Presidential Villa, Aso Rock;

- DARIKORO is also the mastermind of the recently circulated hoax of planned overthrow of President Muhammadu BUHARI, GCFR, by the military;

3. Similarly, on 21st July 2016, one Stephen MAMAYEBO aka OSCAR, a suspected militant was arrested at OMPADEC Primary School in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. MAMAYEBO was arrested in connection with the kidnap of an expatriate staff of Setraco Construction Company and subsequent murder of two (2) soldiers, namely Garba UMAR/Sgt and Bashir KABIRU/Pte, along Ogbia-Nembe road on 5th April, 2016.

4. Furthermore, on 20th July, 2016, at Travelers Mosque, along Kaduna-Zaria Highway in Igabi LGA of Kaduna State, the trio of Ismaila SHUAIBU, Kabiru NASIRU and Inusa ABDULLAHI were arrested during a tactical raid by this Service. The trio were members of a notorious kidnap gang which has been terrorizing innocent citizens along the Abuja-Kaduna highway, and other environs within Kaduna State.

5. On 22nd July, 2016, about 1730 hours, at Total Petrol Station, along Aba road in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, one Chukwunyere Austin OKWAA was apprehended by the Service. OKWAA has been issuing death threats against the former Acting-Managing Director, NDDC, Ibim SEMENITARI (f).

6. In continuation of its fight against terrorism, on 21st July, 2016, this Service apprehended one Bulama Mohammed RAMAT aka Muhammad Bashir MUHAMMADU at Jabi Motor Park, in Utako, Abuja. Prior to his arrest, MUHAMMADU was planning to attack the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and its environs, in collaboration with other elements of an extremist cell of the Boko Haram group.

7. On 22nd June, 2016, a raid on suspected criminals/miscreants hide-outs behind Ado Bayero Quarters at Naibawa area of Kumbotso LGA of Kano State, resulted in the recovery of one (1) AK-47 rifle with twenty-eight (28) rounds of live ammunition. Other items recovered during the operation are one (1) Browning model pistol with two (2) rounds of live ammunition and a P5 pistol with ten (10) live rounds.

8. Also, on 22nd July, 2016, the Service apprehended one Saidu YAHAYA, during the screening of prospective Hajj pilgrims at the Muslim Pilgrims Board in Jos, Plateau State. YAHAYA has been under the radar of the Service as a black-market and illegal gunrunner who has been supplying arms and ammunitions to criminal and ethnic/religious bigots in Plateau, Taraba, Benue and Nassarawa States.

9. In another development, on 19th July, 2016, one Samson Chijioke NZEGWU was arrested at Obuofia village, in Nkanu-West LGA of Enugu State. NZEGWU is the ring-leader of a criminal-syndicate which has been using cloned/forged paraphernalia of the Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Lawrence UGWUANYI, to defraud members of the public. During his arrest, the sum of One Million Naira, three (3) laptops, ten (10) different mobile phones, and other incriminating items were recovered from him.

10. On 17th July, 2016, at Idi-Mango Ore area in Odigbo LGA of Ondo State, one Esan Abiodun CHRISTOPHER aka MAIYEGUN was arrested by this Service. CHRISTOPHER is a member of the Reuben AKINBEHINJE-gang which masterminded the kidnap of two (2) Catholic nuns and their driver in Akure, Ondo State. The suspect was apprehended while coordinating plans to hijack fuel-supply tankers in Oyo State. He is currently under detention with five (5) other members of his criminal gang, with whom he had masterminded the hijack of several fuel tankers in Ondo, Oyo, Osun, Kwara and Kogi States respectively.

11. This Service wish to urge all citizens and residents to remain vigilant and report all suspicious persons, parcels or vehicles to the nearest security formation. Members of the public are further enjoined to see our societal and individual safety as our collective responsibility and therefore support security and law enforcement agencies with critical information that would assist in providing a safe environment for all to carry out their legitimate business without let or hindrance.

Tony OPUIYO
Dept. of State Services,
Abuja.
23rd July, 2016

Courtesy of PRNigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2016
bidexiii:

Am being emotional now...... don't know what to say. God will take care of you and all what he left behind. Amen.
May God bless your family and Comfort you in your greatest hour of need .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:18am On Jul 24, 2016
LTGEN:

May God bless your family and Comfort you in your greatest hour of need .

#SUPPORT

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2016
Maj Gen (later Lt Gen) Joshua Nimyel Dogonyaro, pioneer ECOMOG Field Commander in Liberia circa 1990. His combative>

Photo credit beegeagle.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2016
THE NIGERIAN NAVY’S TEN-YEAR EXPANSION PLAN REVISITED

https://beegeagle./2011/10/28/the-nigerian-navys-ten-year-expansion-plan-revisited/

Source: beegeagle.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:08am On Jul 24, 2016
Security: NAF Graduates 209 Special Forces, Says Abubakar

The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal, Sadiq Abubakar, on Saturday said 209 special force officers graduated from Regiment Training Centre ,NAF Base in Kaduna.

Abubakar said this during the combined graduation ceremony of Basic Regiment Officers Course (BROOC9/2016); Basic Regiment Airmen Course (BRAC21/2016); Riggers’ Course 1/2016 and Repellers’ Course 3/2016 at the centre.

The CAS, who was the Special Guest of honor, said that he remained resolute in laying an enduring foundation on which future generation would continue to build upon.

“This no doubt demonstrates our unwavering commitment and determination to build equip and sustain a force that is efficient, effective and highly mobile and capable of an immediate and timely response to our security challenge anywhere in the country and the sub-region.

“The brilliant demonstration by the repellers, the impressive performance of the paratroopers and expertise demonstrated in weapon handling today also underscore the high quality of training offered in the centre to the NAF in particular and the Armed Forces of Nigeria in general.”

Abubakar also said that “only a couple a weeks ago, the centre graduated reppellers for the Nigeria Navy.”

He said that this was a clear indication of the Armed Forces of Nigeria resolve to build “capacities in defence of our dear country.”

Abubakar also said it was a manifestation of his vision in the service which centres on “inter-service cooperation“.

He said that the partnership between the NAF and the British Military Advisory Training team (BMATT) had been quite tremendous.

“We look forward to greater collaboration with them in others areas,” Abubakar said.

The Commandant, Regiment Training Centre, Air Commodore Danladi Bausa, said in the course of the training the students were exposed to both theoretical and practical training.

Nausea said that the students were trained on force protection, weapon handling system and live shooting at range.

He said to further broaden their knowledge, the students embarked on tour to the Nigerian Army School of Infantry (NASI), Jaji; Nigerian Army School of Artillery (NASA) and other important security formations.

He said that this was done for practical knowledge of weapons and operations of these institutions.

“It has been indeed a challenging period for the centre but I assure you, we are willing, able and ready to train smart regiment personnel who can achieve impossibilities .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Adelz(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2016
Odunayaw:
I no understand walahi

they could have just contracted d same ones that did d present camos to use d same design but incorporate naval colors for the navy and airforce colors for air force

wetin woodland de do on top ship!
help me ask them o! It's called a camouflage for a reason I don't understand their reason for putting a woodland camo on a ship
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:39am On Jul 24, 2016
Adelz:

help me ask them o! It's called a camouflage for a reason I don't understand their reason for putting a woodland camo on a ship

Hahahahaaaa a can't stop laughing...... grin shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 24, 2016
Adelz:

The Navy won't be wearing woodland camo on their ships. However British sailors (Commandos), Norwegian, Americans, dutch and Russians all wear desert camo on VBSS missions.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Adelz(m): 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
Henry240:

The Navy won't be wearing woodland camo on their ships. However British sailors (Commandos), Norwegian, Americans, dutch and Russians all wear desert camo on VBSS missions.
So, the navy is going to use their blue on blue uniform (don't know the name) on their ships? I would prefer the woodland camo to be used by naval and air force special forces but I guess it's cheaper producing one camo pattern for the entire armed forces
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
Condolences to Zionx

Cut me so deep. I offer you my thoughts, prayers and well-wishes during this time in your life.

For the Armed forces...
I'm hoping our training doctrines would keep getting better and better.

Apart from the limited efforts to try to produce locally, Nigeria still lacks some of the most basic foundations that can sustain facilities producing.
Unless you run a business in Nigeria, you'll probably not understand or believe when a most common item in developed countries can not be found in any nook and crannies of our country.

Notwithstanding, the few producing in-house are still getting ignored because of those who want to cream off the icing for their pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Another terrorist eliminated in Algeria

+18 !! clic on "Afficher to see the pic

http://www.forcesdz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=85&start=4545#p189735

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
BlackBaron:
Condolences to Zionx

Cut me so deep. I offer you my thoughts, prayers and well-wishes during this time in your life.

For the Armed forces...
I'm hoping our training doctrines would keep getting better and better.

Apart from the limited efforts to try to produce locally, Nigeria still lacks some of the most basic foundations that can sustain facilities producing.
Unless you run a business in Nigeria, you'll probably not understand or believe when a most common item in developed countries can not be found in any nook and crannies of our country.

Notwithstanding, the few producing in-house are still getting ignored because of those who want to cream off the icing for their pockets.

God bless u, for these piece of advice. cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
#CION

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
chkil:
Another terrorist eliminated in Algeria

+18 !! clic on "Afficher to see the pic

http://www.forcesdz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=187429#p187429

Long tym @chkil

The pictures there looks like the old ones posted long ago or something close......

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
bidexiii:

Long tym @chkil

The pictures there looks like the old ones posted long ago or something close......

oops error embarassed , this is the new one

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
chkil:

oops error embarassed , this is the new one

Nice one, it was q kind of night raid or ambush on the terrorists.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
bidexiii:
Security: NAF Graduates 209 Special Forces, Says Abubakar

The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal, Sadiq Abubakar, on Saturday said 209 special force officers graduated from Regiment Training Centre ,NAF Base in Kaduna.

Abubakar said this during the combined graduation ceremony of Basic Regiment Officers Course (BROOC9/2016); Basic Regiment Airmen Course (BRAC21/2016); Riggers’ Course 1/2016 and Repellers’ Course 3/2016 at the centre.

The CAS, who was the Special Guest of honor, said that he remained resolute in laying an enduring foundation on which future generation would continue to build upon.

“This no doubt demonstrates our unwavering commitment and determination to build equip and sustain a force that is efficient, effective and highly mobile and capable of an immediate and timely response to our security challenge anywhere in the country and the sub-region.

“The brilliant demonstration by the repellers, the impressive performance of the paratroopers and expertise demonstrated in weapon handling today also underscore the high quality of training offered in the centre to the NAF in particular and the Armed Forces of Nigeria in general.”

Abubakar also said that “only a couple a weeks ago, the centre graduated reppellers for the Nigeria Navy.”

He said that this was a clear indication of the Armed Forces of Nigeria resolve to build “capacities in defence of our dear country.”

Abubakar also said it was a manifestation of his vision in the service which centres on “inter-service cooperation“.

He said that the partnership between the NAF and the British Military Advisory Training team (BMATT) had been quite tremendous.

“We look forward to greater collaboration with them in others areas,” Abubakar said.

The Commandant, Regiment Training Centre, Air Commodore Danladi Bausa, said in the course of the training the students were exposed to both theoretical and practical training.

Nausea said that the students were trained on force protection, weapon handling system and live shooting at range.

He said to further broaden their knowledge, the students embarked on tour to the Nigerian Army School of Infantry (NASI), Jaji; Nigerian Army School of Artillery (NASA) and other important security formations.

He said that this was done for practical knowledge of weapons and operations of these institutions.

“It has been indeed a challenging period for the centre but I assure you, we are willing, able and ready to train smart regiment personnel who can achieve impossibilities .
209 special forces?

The officers who wrote the training and selection manuals must face the firing squad. grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
209 special forces?

The officers who wrote the training and selection manuals must face the firing squad. grin grin

And what did you mean by these.......?

Pls clarify.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
209 special forces?

lol , but the rigors of Nigerian basic military training alone can qualify for special forces training in some countries.my NMS training alone can make me badass in some countries. wink wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
Why don't Nigeria military incorporate Parkour in their training. It is an Africa invention after all. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX7QNWEGcNI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n64-lgrS2Q8
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
lol , but the rigors of Nigerian basic military training alone can qualify for special forces training in some countries.my NMS training alone can make me badass in some countries. wink wink
grin grin grin grin

"Some countries" have militias not professional armed forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
bidexiii:

And what did you mean by these.......?
Pls clarify.
The numbers are way too high.
Unless the class stared with 3000 men. grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
grin grin grin grin

"Some countries" have militias not professional armed forces.

SA will be 1st on the list.

Zero field experience, okay I forgot poaching........ shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
The numbers are way too high.

Unless the class stared with 3000 men. grin grin

Most of these guys av being kicking BHT since 2013/2014. For a country seriously battling insurgency i think the number is way too small. .........they are just getting CION UPDATE.

#battle tested.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko1: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
bidexiii:

You really don't want to derail this thread, let's all respond cautiously.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Litmus:
Why don't Nigeria military incorporate Parkour in their training. It is an Africa invention after all. grin

Parkour is a french invention , and i don't think nigerian soldiers need parkour against boko haram . maybe the syrian army in their urban warfare ! but military have also Course Obstacle in formation

Brazilian Army Obstacle course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srqJWP0X12M
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
Henry240:

You really don't want to derail this thread, let's all respond cautiously.

You are right mate.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
bidexiii:

Most of these guys av being kicking BHT since 2013/2014. For a country seriously battling insurgency i think the number is way too small. .........they are just getting CION UPDATE.

#battle tested.

That clarifies things.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
bidexiii:

Not necessarily.

You out of all people know Nigeria is still trying to set up a special forces capability.

Highly unlikely to have 50+ operators graduating.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
chkil:

Parkour is a french invention....

Sébastien Foucan, is of African origin being a black man... wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.