Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3012583 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
yeah tavor is cool cos I am Left handed but the Beryl's 7.62 round makes the difference .

I was at the Airbase today, had a closer look at the Honker and Tavor-21s. The Tavor-21 some of our Airmen carry, they seem to be the smaller X-95 variant, they are a lot different from the models we first so with our Airmen in 2013 when they went to Mali.

The Tavors also seem to be replacing the FN FAL and AK in NAF service. I like the Beryl though, only when it comes with it's full complement of Scope and Laser.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:08am On Jul 27, 2016
#CION

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:30am On Jul 27, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 7:33am On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

I was at the Airbase today, had a closer look at the Honker and Tavor-21s. The Tavor-21 some of our Airmen carry, they seem to be the smaller X-95 variant, they are a lot different from the models we first so with our Airmen in 2013 when they went to Mali.

The Tavors also seem to be replacing the FN FAL and AK in NAF service. I like the Beryl though, only when it comes with it's full complement of Scope and Laser.
MTAR(X95) if any should be in the hands of your DSS

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko1: 7:53am On Jul 27, 2016
Lz

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:54am On Jul 27, 2016
upko1:
Lz

Big yet beautiful bird. wink

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 8:05am On Jul 27, 2016
M14A1:

MTAR(X95) if any should be in the hands of your DSS
I believe the ctar21 is the common variant. The x95 variant, I would expect to be seen around the DMI and the DSS. Nice post @M14A1

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:35am On Jul 27, 2016
#NAF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

yes I been long I saw airmen with ak s but the FALs are still used for parade lolz
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

yes I been long I saw airmen with ak s but the FALs are still used for parade lolz.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2016
Al-Shabab bombs target African Union troops in Somalia

At least 13 people were killed when two vehicles packed with explosives went off as they were driven towards a base for African Union troops in the Somali capital, according to officials and witnesses.

The first blast happened near an entrance to the base, which is beside Mogadishu's main airport, and the second at a nearby checkpoint manned by Somali government forces. 

White smoke could be seen billowing over the city after the blast on Tuesday.

"Thirteen people died in the two suicide vehicle explosions," Abdifatah Omar Halane, spokesman
for Banadir administration, the local government, told Al Jazeera by phone from the scene of the blasts. 

"Nine of the dead were security for the UN and three were civilians. Five people were also injured in the explosions," Abdifatah added, not giving details of the 13th death.  

A journalist at the scene said ambulances were ferrying the wounded to hospital.

The al-Shabab armed group told Al Jazeera it was responsible for the attack.

"Our Mujahideen targeted Halane which is base to the foreign forces occupying our Muslim country. We have killed dozens of them," Abdulaziz Abu Muscab, a spokesman for the group, said.

AMISOM, the African Union peacekeeping force, said on Twitter that it condemned the attack.

"These senseless attacks ... aim to disrupt the lives of ordinary Somalis," it said. 

Farhan Haq, spokesman for the UN secretary general, also denounced the attack.

"It is disturbing, both the attack and the scale of the attack," he told reporters on Tuesday.

"It's clear that the explosives in the trucks were of immense firepower," Haq said, adding that if the guards had not stopped one of the cars from entering the UN premises, there "would have been considerably more damage and loss of life".

It is not the first time that the armed group has attacked the AU force's heavily fortified headquarters in the city. In December 2014 fighters from the group breached the base's security perimeter before engaging troops in a gun battle that lasted several hours and killed at least three soldiers.

The AMISOM force, deployed to Somalia since 2007, currently has some 22,000 soldiers from Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Burundi and Djibouti.

They have managed to push al-Shabab out of the capital, but the group still holds large swaths of territory and frequently launches hit-and-run attacks.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2016
x
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
yes I been long I saw airmen with ak s but the FALs are still used for parade lolz.

They are becoming fewer, although i still see a couple sentry guys carry the FAL. I like the fact the AKs are about to be abandoned by the Air Force, this is the 21st century.

As for the FALs, if we had a vibrant defence industry they could have been converted into a designated marksman rifle. Add scope, take out most of the metal, replace them with polymer. Generally mordenise them.

Anyway, i just can't wait for the JF-17s to arrive, good a thing the Air Force has greatly improved it's PR, we would surely see good photos of the jet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
Yes ooo.

Take care of your rifle, and it will take care of you. See as the guy nearly cover the rifle blanket.

bidexiii:
#CION
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
SergeAlain:
Yes ooo.

Take care of your rifle, and it will take care of you. See as the guy nearly cover the rifle blanket.

Yeap, if you don't take care of most of these western/european weapons they get jammed/spoilt under bad weather. And that's why the Kalashnikov family/variants. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

They are becoming fewer, although i still see a couple sentry guys carry the FAL. I like the fact the AKs are about to be abandoned by the Air Force, this is the 21st century.

As for the FALs, if we had a vibrant defence industry they could have been converted into a designated marksman rifle. Add scope, take out most of the metal, replace them with polymer. Generally mordenise them.

Anyway, i just can't wait for the JF-17s to arrive, good a thing the Air Force has greatly improved it's PR, we would surely see good photos of the jet.

On beegeagles twitter handle these morning, he tweeted that he had the jf-17 we arrive around that oct-sept these year ending.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
RANDOM PICTURES

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
bidexiii:

On beegeagles twitter handle these morning, he tweeted that he had the jf-17 we arrive around that oct-sept these year ending.

Jakeporoshenko who spoke with the Nigerian Air Force did say we would get them August - September, but "how long is becoming so long". "My blood already dey hot", i don dey wait since 2012.

Please i want to post a little bit of detailed info on the JF-17 here, and a couple pictures.

NAF JF-17 would be a state-of-the-art 4 Generation fighter aircraft which has an avionics suite the same as is available on the J-10. The only draw back for the JF-17 is it has only 7 hard-points when compared to the 8 Hard-Points on the Gripen C/D and 11 Hard-points on the J-10.

NAF would be getting a fighter plane which is just under the F-16 Block 52+ and higher than the F-16 Block 40.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

Jakeporoshenko who spoke with the Nigerian Air Force did say we would get them August - September, but "how long is becoming so long". "My blood already dey hot", i don dey wait since 2012.

Please i want to post a little bit of detailed info on the JF-17 here, and a couple pictures.

NAF JF-17 would be a state-of-the-art 4 Generation fighter aircraft which has an avionics suite the same as is available on the J-10. The only draw back for the JF-17 is it has only 7 hard-points when compared to the 8 Hard-Points on the Gripen C/D and 11 Hard-points on the J-10.

NAF would be getting a fighter plane which is just under the F-16 Block 52+ and higher than the F-16 Block 40.

No problem pls do.

No be only u blood dey hot, I visit NAF website every day to see if there will be news of them.....n grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
bidexiii:

No problem pls do.

No be only u blood dey hot, I visit NAF website every day to see if there will be news of them.....n grin

Thanks for the go ahead Sir, let me do justice. gringrin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
[b]JF-17 is currently China's only advanced fighter developed in open. Many people use it to understand China's fighter development direction.

The JF-17 Thunder's cockpit is very compact and functional position is positioned well and shows very mature system. 1 HUD is the main fighter display. This HUD has 24 degree in sight. It can add infrared signal and supply flying, navigation, liftoff and landing info, it can also display target details and shooting detail. It can also communicate, navigate using the GUI There is a camera located above
the HUD. It records HUD and external sights. HUD is the most important instrument in flight. Integrated informational level is dependent on this. Russia added
some nice looking displays for su-30, but their display information is simple and information is spread.

So, it did not really integrate the information. The JF-17 HUD uses a lot of digital processing and information integration
information. For example, radar information, fight command info. HUD's controller has the ability to change display. Controller can also control all of the plane's dipslay. 3 MFDs are below the HUD. It is multi-colour LCD display. The dimension of the MFD is 20.3cmx30.6cm (note: this works out to be 8 x 12 inch, but a more realistic estimation is 6.25x8.25). The area is 4 times the previous area. The
display brightness and contrast can be automatically adjusted. It also allows handle control. Each MFD displays
important function. Display info can be changed. The control on the side acts as parameter design. Very often, left side shows weapon situation and numbers. Right side displays radar and combat info. The center shows some
less important info, because it requires the pilot to lower his/her head. Like navigational info and map and so so. All the MFD can change to other info like radar, cockpit camera and infrared picture and such. cockpit also allows night navigation and pilots can use night goggles to fly.
JF-17 uses a hotas controller, pilot can keep hands on controller and still control the fighter's sensor mode, weapon and display.

This greatly reduces a pilots movement and makes operation much easier. The controller does not affect the position in combat. Basically, allows pilots to keep the hand on the controller in combat. The earlier western 4th generation fighters like F-16A/B only had limited functions on the controller. JF-17 HOTAS uses advanced western design like F-16C/d, F-18C/D and
Mirage2000D's newest model for design.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

Thanks for the go ahead Sir, let me do justice. gringrin

U no go kill someone..... grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Continued........

[b]The system has different controls dependent on the hand size, length and finger size and length of the user.
Basically, uses customizable controller. Allows a lot of activities done with limited energy. The JF-17 uses all digital
integrated electronic display. all computers/electronics uses 2 STD-MTL-1553B databus combined, current info shared repository and shared data repository. According to
demand, it also divides into weapons w/commands, radar, EW, communication, electronic control, payload control, FBW and so on. This avionics system's core lies in 2 advanced weapons controlling computer.

These two computers do something... Each computer controls 1 double thick 1553B databus. This computer uses new structure system. It uses main controller rights to receive and process each system's info. At the same time, receive pilot's command. It uses command to control
other systems. It's current world's most advanced input computer and main line integration web. Very few new
fighters has this kind of complex and high speed system like Typhoon, Rafale and F-16 E/F. This system uses battle flight software package to exercise control and allows using
development of more detailed software package to improve fighter capability and work load. Weapon controlling computer directly connects to MFD's structure. It uses information from each system to display on the 1 HUD
and 3MFDs. Radar system is another important part of JF-17. It's also a major commercial battle area. Pakistan used a lot of Grifo radar in the past on
F-7s. JF-17 also was about to use this. Italy also pitted Grifo-S2000 (should be S7) in competition. China also provided
a radar for customers. Domestic radar has good support for China's weapon systems and missiles. The current multimode PD radar has BVR capability, WVR capability and attack land and sea mode and other modes. Also has look down and shoot down capability even under disruptive
environments below.

You can Track 10 targets from 40 scanned targets and handle 2 concurrent BVR engagement . The range vs 3 m^2 targets is larger than 105KM and look down
is larger than 85 KM. It is larger than 135 KM vs sea targets. JF-17's GPS navigation system replaced the traditional navigation system, greatly improved precision and reduced
preparation time. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
[b]JF-17's EW suite is very complex. It combines radar warning receiver and missile proximity receiver to form surveillence system and combined with ECM work. JF-17 uses uses something to diagnose RWR. It can receive a lot of
information like fighter radar, missile seeker, A2S guidance radar and provides within 1.5 degree news. RAR has about 100+ radar info repository. It uses measured info to compare. detect the threatening origin and correct (radar type or fighter type?) and warning level. This repository can
improve to 300. It can allow reprogramming, receive wartime newly discovered radar signal. JF-17's improved
tail contains a missile proximity receiver. There are three more put on the fighter for 360 degree coverage. It uses infrared and purple dual band imagine device. It has a purple red window? It can sense missile's rocket engine smoke from 20KM in. It can correctly predict missile's
location, trail and such. It can even estimate engagement time. It can be expanded to a fighter/missile recognition system. It can also provide some infrared imaging, communicate with RWR and hopefully can develop passive signal detection technology.

JF-17's EW suite also has a ECM pod. It and the ECM on the tail provide joint work. ECM uses infrared modern missile's
countermeasure . To let this simple and cheap ECM achieve high efficiency shows system's level, RWR, MPR and
such. This system is only equipped by Rafale and F-22. F-18E/F and F-16E/F needs upgrade to have this. JF-17
uses modern ECM technology and uses precise tracking
system. Can achieve the affect of large ECM machine with small equipment. This ECM is most modern active guided AAM. It can also counter gither radar lock and scan.
To accommodate modern web of combat, JF-17 is equipped with 2 ECM vs radar tower and something else. It can receive datalink info from ground or AWACS. Other equipments include big air computer and advanced digital
processing signal. The electronic system stores everything, all the bugs and such. It can use computer
to process this. Reduces ground maintenance. It uses western standard MIL-STD-1760 to allow for integration of western weapons and can also get hooked on with Russian weapons. The fighter mainly uses PL-9C, SD-10, PL-11, AIM-9L/M and AIM-7F. It also good use LGBs and
possible A2G missile integration.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:
[b]JF-17 is currently China's only advanced fighter developed in open. Many people use it to understand China's fighter development direction.

The JF-17 Thunder's cockpit is very compact and functional position is positioned well and shows very mature system. 1 HUD is the main fighter display. This HUD has 24 degree in sight. It can add infrared signal and supply flying, navigation, liftoff and landing info, it can also display target details and shooting detail. It can also communicate, navigate using the GUI There is a camera located above
the HUD. It records HUD and external sights. HUD is the most important instrument in flight. Integrated informational level is dependent on this. Russia added
some nice looking displays for su-30, but their display information is simple and information is spread.

So, it did not really integrate the information. The JF-17 HUD uses a lot of digital processing and information integration
information. For example, radar information, fight command info. HUD's controller has the ability to change display. Controller can also control all of the plane's dipslay. 3 MFDs are below the HUD. It is multi-colour LCD display. The dimension of the MFD is 20.3cmx30.6cm (note: this works out to be 8 x 12 inch, but a more realistic estimation is 6.25x8.25). The area is 4 times the previous area. The
display brightness and contrast can be automatically adjusted. It also allows handle control. Each MFD displays
important function. Display info can be changed. The control on the side acts as parameter design. Very often, left side shows weapon situation and numbers. Right side displays radar and combat info. The center shows some
less important info, because it requires the pilot to lower his/her head. Like navigational info and map and so so. All the MFD can change to other info like radar, cockpit camera and infrared picture and such. cockpit also allows night navigation and pilots can use night goggles to fly.
JF-17 uses a hotas controller, pilot can keep hands on controller and still control the fighter's sensor mode, weapon and display.

This greatly reduces a pilots movement and makes operation much easier. The controller does not affect the position in combat. Basically, allows pilots to keep the hand on the controller in combat. The earlier western 4th generation fighters like F-16A/B only had limited functions on the controller. JF-17 HOTAS uses advanced western design like F-16C/d, F-18C/D and
Mirage2000D's newest model for design.[/b]

Oh my God u'v just killed it.

Nice insight you've shared here and lovely pictures. The cockpit is the picture I love the much, so beautiful.

So one more thing, are these birds going to come with laser designator pod's , if not what's ur own suggestions...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Extras

-JF-17s RD-93 engine, same engine used on the MIG-29M2/MIG-35

-JF-17s twin barrel 25mm Auto-Cannon

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dear Henry240,

I’d like to say F to the 17 if I could but he’s better than nothing. In reality my heart has fallen for the bird called Sue who’s in her 30’s unfortunately we can’t afford her. What can we do?

regards

Litmus wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
Litmus:
Dear Henry240,

I’d like to say F to the 17 if I could but he’s better than nothing. In reality my heart has fallen for the bird called Sue who’s in her 30’s unfortunately we can’t afford her. What can we do?

regards

Litmus wink

Honestly he made me fall in love some much with the love. cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
bidexiii:

Oh my God u'v just killed it.

Nice insight you've shared here and lovely pictures. The cockpit is the picture I love the much, so beautiful.

So one more thing, are these birds going to come with laser designator pod's , if not what's ur own suggestions...

The JF-17 is a very modern fighter, systems, controls and capabilities. We can all see how modern the cockpit looks, beautiful plane.

I don't know if they would come with a Targeting Pod, most likely that's an information the air force did not disclose. To carry out night-time attacks NAF would have no option than to get Targeting pods for the fighter.

For Targeting pods, we have 4 options,

WMD-7 Pod - 13km (China)

Aselpod - 25km (Turkey)

Thales Damocles pod - 16km ( France)

Lightening Pod - (unknown) (Israel)

The best option for the NAF is the ASELPOD, although the cheapos at the NAF would most likely go for the WMD-7 from China.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
bidexiii:
NA GAZELLE HELICOPTER ON THE FRONTLINES..
thats a X harness and a clearly visible rifle for sniping
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
Litmus:
Dear,

regards

Litmus wink

Sure if we had the resources or threat level, we could combine the SU-30 with the JF-17 in a light/heavy fighter configuration.

However, we have none of both, so it makes absolute sense to go for a fighter that provides you the optimum performance for a decent price. With the JF-17 we are getting the avionics suite and capabilities of the J-10 for a price 1/3 of the competition.

There's nothing better than that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:
Continued........

[b]The system has different controls dependent on the hand size, length and finger size and length of the user.
Basically, uses customizable controller. Allows a lot of activities done with limited energy. The JF-17 uses all digital
integrated electronic display. all computers/electronics uses 2 STD-MTL-1553B databus combined, current info shared repository and shared data repository. According to
demand, it also divides into weapons w/commands, radar, EW, communication, electronic control, payload control, FBW and so on. This avionics system's core lies in 2 advanced weapons controlling computer.

These two computers do something... Each computer controls 1 double thick 1553B databus. This computer uses new structure system. It uses main controller rights to receive and process each system's info. At the same time, receive pilot's command. It uses command to control
other systems. It's current world's most advanced input computer and main line integration web. Very few new
fighters has this kind of complex and high speed system like Typhoon, Rafale and F-16 E/F. This system uses battle flight software package to exercise control and allows using
development of more detailed software package to improve fighter capability and work load. Weapon controlling computer directly connects to MFD's structure. It uses information from each system to display on the 1 HUD
and 3MFDs. Radar system is another important part of JF-17. It's also a major commercial battle area. Pakistan used a lot of Grifo radar in the past on
F-7s. JF-17 also was about to use this. Italy also pitted Grifo-S2000 (should be S7) in competition. China also provided
a radar for customers. Domestic radar has good support for China's weapon systems and missiles. The current multimode PD radar has BVR capability, WVR capability and attack land and sea mode and other modes. Also has look down and shoot down capability even under disruptive
environments below.

You can Track 10 targets from 40 scanned targets and handle 2 concurrent BVR engagement . The range vs 3 m^2 targets is larger than 105KM and look down
is larger than 85 KM. It is larger than 135 KM vs sea targets. JF-17's GPS navigation system replaced the traditional navigation system, greatly improved precision and reduced
preparation time. [/b]

Mehn Henry thanks for sharing all this info on the JF-17, it was very informative cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.