Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3012906 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:
JF-17 is currently China's only advanced fighter developed in open. Many people use it to understand China's fighter development direction.

..................................................................................

The JF-17 Thunder's cockpit is very compact and functional position is positioned well and shows very mature system. 1 HUD is the main fighter display. The controller does not affect the position in combat. Basically, allows pilots to keep the hand on the controller in combat. The earlier western 4th generation fighters like F-16A/B only had limited functions on the controller. JF-17 HOTAS uses advanced western design like F-16C/d, F-18C/D and Mirage2000D's newest model for design.

henry24o when u posted this article did u realize that this article was written in the MIDDLE OF 2010 grin grin grin grin

and that the author of this article is a blogger by the user name of antibody.

apart from the fact the the article is 6 years old
i also waited for 2-3 hours to see if anybody who read the article was curious enough to verify the information given in the article .
but nobody did grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

Henry when u posted this article did u realize that this article was written in the MIDDLE OF 2010 grin grin grin grin

and that the author of this article is a blogger by the user name of antibody.

apart from the fact the the article is 6 years old
i also waited for 2-3 hours to see if anybody who read the article was curious enough to verify the information given in the article .
but nobody did grin grin grin grin

I also read the article today for the first time, wasn't aware of the date either, so i decided to share. let's read your critic, you be the first to go.

I know the individual Antibody, from when Militaryphotos.net was still active.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

JF-17's improved tail contains a missile proximity receiver. There are three more put on the fighter for 360 degree coverage. It uses infrared and purple dual band imagine device. It has a purple red window? It can sense missile's rocket engine smoke from 20KM in. It can correctly predict missile's
location, trail and such. It can even estimate engagement time. It can be expanded to a fighter/missile recognition system. It can also provide some infrared imaging, communicate with RWR and hopefully can develop passive signal detection technology.

the fellow must have never heard of the word MAWS (missile approach warning system) which is used to detect UV / IR radiation from the plume of the approaching missile.

SE-2 MAWS from M/s CEIEC China is fitted and its detection range is between 3-7 km (OEM DATA) not 20 km as mentioned by the author of the article.

SE-2 MAWS uses UV sensors
field of view is
360degree x 92 degree (4 sensors)
omni coverage (6 sensors)

i dont know how many r installed , 2 are visible on either side of the tail near the exhaust, the rest i never tried to find out , if u want u all can try grin

"It uses infrared and purple dual band imagine device. It has a purple red window"

and by the way what is purple band ? grin
he mentions it twice so it is not a typo , so he is ignorant of the fact that SE-2 MAWS is a UV band based sensor only and not dual band .
i dont know about JF block 2 MAWS fitment, chances are it will remain same , but dont quote me on this.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

the fellow must have never heard of the word MAWS (missile approach warning system) which is used to detect UV radiation from the plume of the approaching missile.

SE-2 MAWS from M/s CEIEC China is fitted and its detection range is between 3-7 km (OEM DATA) not 20 km as mentioned by the author of the article.

"It uses infrared and purple dual band imagine device. It has a purple red window"
and by the way what is purple band ? grin
he mentions it twice so it is not a typo , so he is ignorant of the fact that SE-2 MAWS is a UV band based sensor only and not dual band .
i dont know about JF block 2 MAWS fitment, chances are it will remain same , but dont quote me on this.

What's the MAWS detection range for top of the line fighters, Rafale, SU-35, Eurofighter, Advanced Super Hornet?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

What's the MAWS detection range for top of the line fighters, Rafale, SU-35, Eurofighter, Advanced Super Hornet?

that data is hard to come by , kind of classified , especially the max range

Rafale, Eurofighter, Advanced Super Hornet MAWS detection range should be anywhere between 5-20 km or more maybe i dont know grin

MAWS is mainly defined by its
1.sensitivity ie high acquisition probability >99%
2.reaction time
3.ability to track and warn multiple simultaneous threats
4.false alarm rate
5.MTBF mean time between failure
6.clutter rejection
etc

range of detection around 5 km is good provided it has the above features in good measure.

and lets give u some reason to smile and get angry at me

the information about SE-2 MAWS detection range from OEM data was like this > 3~7 km

my interpretation was greater than 3 and less than 7 , let me know how u interpret it..

also another fact many subsystems in jf 17 are form JH7 or their derivatives and some from j10, at least was in jf17 block 1 , dont know about jf17 block 2
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 28, 2016
Henry240:
Continued........

These two computers do something... Each computer controls 1 double thick 1553B databus.
This computer uses new structure system. It uses main controller rights to receive and process each system's info. At the same time, receive pilot's command. It uses command to control other systems.
It's current world's most advanced input computer and main line integration web. Very few new fighters has this kind of complex and high speed system like Typhoon, Rafale and F-16 E/F. This system uses battle flight software package to exercise control and allows using development of more detailed software package to improve fighter capability and work load. Weapon controlling computer directly connects to MFD's structure. It uses information from each system to display on the 1 HUD and 3MFDs.

what the guy is talking about i don't know, his writings don't make sense
my best guess would be mission computer and flight computer
and the related sub systems like
Back Up Acquisition Computer (BAC)
Weapon Mission Management Computer (WMMC)
Electro Mechanical Management Computer (EMMC)
etc
linked through Dual redundant 1553 Mux bus architecture

but why is he comparing with Typhoon, Rafale and F-16 E/F , even u guys will know that Typhoon, Rafale and F-16 E/F (not the export versions) integrated digital avionics suite are generations ahead.

i think he is referring to the usage of 1553B databus , he is not aware that all new aircraft's uses 1553B databus.
for Avionics integration rafale uses four to six Mil-Std-1553B databuses and one optical STANAG 3910 databus.

You can Track 10 targets from 40 scanned targets and handle 2 concurrent BVR engagement . The range vs 3 m^2 targets is larger than 105KM and look down is larger than 85 KM. It is larger than 135 KM vs sea targets.
OEM DATA
operational range (RCS 5 m^2)
up look detection range 105km
down look detection range 85km
this data is for KLJ7 installed in jf17 block 1

jf block 2 has KLJ7 ver2 radar, data not officially disclosed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 28, 2016
Henry240:

It records HUD and external sights. HUD is the most important instrument in flight. Integrated informational level is dependent on this. Russia added some nice looking displays for su-30, but their display information is simple and information is spread.

grin
functionality trumps aesthetics
su 30s can act as mini AWACS and thus generate lot of information which is analyzed and displayed and acted upon in-flight with the help of the very so called simple display systems , which r not simple by the way they are made by french thales group , who are leaders in this field.

information is spread (if) ,and still the pilots r not complaining
grin

JF-17's EW suite also has a ECM pod. It and the ECM on the tail provide joint work. ECM uses infrared modern missile's
countermeasure . To let this simple and cheap ECM achieve high efficiency shows system's level, RWR, MPR and
such. This system is only equipped by Rafale and F-22. F-18E/F and F-16E/F needs upgrade to have this. JF-17
uses modern ECM technology and uses precise tracking
system. Can achieve the affect of large ECM machine with small equipment. This ECM is most modern active guided AAM. It can also counter gither radar lock and scan.
To accommodate modern web of combat, JF-17 is equipped with 2 ECM vs radar tower and something else.

it looks like morse code to me and gibberish
in jf 17 block 2 all Chinese origin subsystems: Missile Alert Warning System (MAWS), Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), optional external electronic warfare (EW) jamming pods (KG300/KG600).

guess he never heard of aesa DRFM based jammers , EADS/Cassidian’s Ariel Mk3 towed RF-decoys , SPECTRA (Système de Protection et d'Évitement des Conduites de Tir du Rafale) ,EL/L-8251 jammers pods , EL/L-8222 ASPJ pod , EL/M-8022 self-protection EW suite , defensive aids subsystems DASS, DIRCM c-music etc etc

really F-18E/F and F-16E/F and rafale and hell F22 !!!!!!
lol i give up

i will post better articles on jf 17 in the technical thread later
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 28, 2016
disclaimer:

I PICKED FAULTS WITH THE GUYS ARTICLE , NOT WITH THE AIRCRAFT

THE AIRCRAFT IS GOOD , IT WAS BUILT/DESIGNED FOR A CERTAIN PURPOSE AND IT DOES THAT JOB .

SO SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR THE JETS TO LAND IN UR COUNTRY. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:18am On Jul 28, 2016
#AFSF...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2016
Remembering an officer and gentleman

The first Military Governor of the defunct Western Region, Lt.-Col. Adekunle Fajuyi, was killed 50 years ago alongside the Head of State, Major-Gen. Johnson Thomas Ummunakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi in the counter-coup of July 29, 1966. Assistant Editor LEKE SALAUDEEN extols the virtues of the gallant soldier and the supreme sacrifice he made for the unity of the country.

He remains an unsung hero in the history of Nigeria. The role Lt.-Col. Francis Adekunle Fajuyi, the first Military Governor of the old Western Region, played in the history of Nigeria singled him out as a “star”. He did not take part in the January 15, 1966 coup, but he was a victim of the counter-coup of July 29, which was staged to revenge the killings of the first coup. In the process of trying to protect the late Head of State, Major-General Johnson Thomas Ummunakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi, who was his guest on the fateful morning of the coup, he was consumed in the bloody take-over of government, alongside his boss.

Aguiyi-Ironsi-Ironsi had arrived Ibadan on July 28, 1966 to address a conference of traditional rulers of Western Nigeria in Ibadan. Having concluded his assignment, he was to have returned to Lagos by the evening of the same day. But, his host prevailed on him to spend the night with him at the Government House, Ibadan and he obliged.

A bloody overthrow of the civilian regime of Prime Minister Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa’s government had taken place in January 15, 1966 in which the Prime Minister and other top government functionaries, mainly of northern extraction, were killed. Ironically, Aguiyi-Ironsi did not participate in the violent bloodletting, but he inherited the pieces of a shattered republic by virtue of his seniority in the Armed Forces. He, alongside his courageous host, Fajuyi, was assassinated by the revenge-seeking northern soldiers. They were killed at a village near Ibadan.

Below is a picture of Adekunle fujuyi

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2016
Count......

It was obvious that the coup plotters never set out to kill Fajuyi; their objective was to abduct Aguiyi-Ironsi. But, Fajuyi refused to hand-over the late Head of State; he insisted on tagging along with his friend and boss. As a gallant soldier, he took the decision to die in action. An Ekiti man to the core, he was fearless and stubborn to what he perceived as injustice.

The author of Aguiyi-Ironsi’s autobiography, Chuks Ilogbunam, gave an account of the unfortunate incident in the wee hours of July 29: “The telephone rang. Lt. Andrew Nwankwo, the Supreme Commander’s (Ironsi ‘s ) Air Force aide-de-camp (ADC), picked up the receiver instantly. Bad news, he taunted his physique. The voice at the other end of the line belonged to Police Superintendent Joseph Adeola. His message was that the much- feared and much –rumoured counter-coup had indeed started……

“In quick, heart-piercing succession, unfolding events cast gloom of an impending doom. Soon, desperation set in. One by one, the Head of State and Col. Fajuyi started to send out their aides to approach the gates (that had been surrounded by enemy soldiers) and determine the position of things.

“It was a season of betrayal and conspiracies. Unknown to the duo, some of their aides were either moles or had switched loyalty. But between the Head of State and the governor, there was obvious necessity to reassure each other that none had a hand in the fate loosely hanging over their heads.”

How he was killed

Fajuyi told his guest: “I make bold to declare to you that I am with you in soul, spirit and body. And, mark my words, whatever happens to you today, happens to me. I am your true friend, dear J.T.U. like the dove to the pigeon; and by the grace of our good God, so will I humbly yet proudly remain till the very end.” To this, Aguiyi-Ironsi replied: “Yes, Francis, I retain my absolute confidence in you. I have never for once doubted your integrity.

“And, so, it was for the host and his guest. Fajuyi did not treasure his personal safety over that of his Commander-in-Chief and intimate friend. When the hour came, both were physically battered by the coupists on their way to the serene, sleepy and desolate area called Lalupon at the outskirts of Ibadan. There they were finally killed and buried in a shallow grave.”

Another account reveals that the security guards who were supposed to protect Fajuyi and Aguiyi-Ironsi caved in and both men were exposed to danger. Fajuyi was said to have roared to the assailants: “You want to kill him in my house? Why didn’t you kill him when he visited your place? And if you want to kill him, you must kill two of us. With these heroic words, he was abducted with his guest, tortured and later assassinated.”

It was a deep but subdued mourning for their families; for the new military authorities did not readily admit that they had died in the retaliatory coup. It took seven months before an official announcement confirmed what had been widely known.

The bodies of Aguiyi-Ironsi and Fajuyi were exhumed from the Ibadan cemetery for decent reburial later. The corpse of the late Head of State was brought to the Lagos Airport on January 20, 1967 where the former Military Governor of Eastern Nigeria, Col. Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu and Aguiyi-Ironsi’s widow, Victoria, stepped forward to receive it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2016
Concluding part.......

Heroic burial in Ado-Ekiti

Few days after, the same scene played out between Ibadan and Ado-Ekiti for Fajuyi. Both the low and mighty gathered at the Liberty Stadium, Ibadan to pay their last respects to the fallen hero. In contrast, the pain-filled Ado-Ekiti indigenes could still not muster the courage to come to terms with the tragedy as the transition train moved to St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in the city.

For the Fajuyis, the emotions of bereavement were absolute and consuming. Sympathisers thronged their family house in Ado-Ekiti to offer words that were intended to lessen their pains. The bereaved were hardly comforted.

Analysts believe the course of history of this country would have been different if that exceptional soldier of soldiers, Fajuyi, had behaved differently. According to them, the Nigerian history had clearly marked Fajuyi as a soldier of distinction who died defending the Nigerian state and her unity.

A sociologist, Dr Innocent Okechukwu, described Fajuyi as a strong moralist who adhered strictly to the ethics that a host is obliged to protect his guest. Fajuyi’s self-sacrifice, he said, proved that Ekiti tribe of Yoruba nation had no hands in the death of the Aguiyi-Ironsi.

Former Ekiti State Governor, Chief Segun Oni, described Fajuyi as great patriot who choose to pay the supreme price for a friend and more for the unity of Nigeria. “On July 29, 1966 at the Government House, Agodi, Ibadan, a thick cloud descended on the shining star of a great son of Ekitiland, Lt. Col. Francis Adekunle Fajuyi,” he recalled.

Commending the courage of the slain former military governor, Oni said: “Only God knows what would have become of the Nigerian nation, if he had allowed the arrest and assassination of Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi on July 29, 1966 in Ibadan.  Indeed, Lt. Col. Fajuyi chose to pay the supreme price for a friend and more for the unity of the country. He was indeed a patriot.”

Politics of succession

The former military governor argued that having served as the Chief of Staff, and with the full rank of a Colonel at the time Fajuyi was killed along with the then Head of State, Gen. Aguiyi -Ironsi, he found it difficult to take a lower position as military governor, a position which Fajuyi , a junior officer occupied till his death.

Following his inability to get any Yoruba officer to be appointed governor of the region, Adebayo was prevailed upon to take the appointment.

His profile

Fajuyi was born on June 26, 1926 to the late Pa Isaiah and Felicia Osundunke Fajuyi of Ado-Ekiti, in the present day Ekiti State. He attended St. George’s Catholic School, Ado–Ekiti. He joined the army on November 16, 1943.

After the basic military training in Zaria, he proceeded to the Army Clerks Training School, Yaba, Lagos. The late Fajuyi also attended courses in Teshi, Ghana and the Officers Cadet School in the United Kingdom, where he was commissioned as a Lieutenant in 1954.

He served as Military Adviser, Headquarters ONUC, Congo (August to December, 1961; Officer-in-charge, Third Battalion, Nigerian Army, Kaduna; Commanding Officer, First Battalion, Enugu and Commander, Abeokuta Garrison. He served in Germany on attachment to the British Army. In 1957, he attended the Platoon Commanders course in England. He also trained as an officer in Pakistan in 1964.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2016
nemesis2u:
disclaimer:

THE AIRCRAFT IS GOOD , IT WAS BUILT/DESIGNED FOR A CERTAIN PURPOSE AND IT DOES THAT JOB .

SO SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR THE JETS TO LAND IN UR COUNTRY. grin grin grin grin grin

...... cheesy grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2016
nemesis2u:

grin
functionality trumps aesthetics
su 30s can act as mini AWACS and thus generate lot of information which is analyzed and displayed and acted upon in-flight with the help of the very so called simple display systems , which r not simple by the way they are made by french thales group , who are leaders in this field.

information is spread (if) ,and still the pilots r not complaining
grin

it looks like morse code to me and gibberish
in jf 17 block 2 all Chinese origin subsystems: Missile Alert Warning System (MAWS), Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), optional external electronic warfare (EW) jamming pods (KG300/KG600).

guess he never heard of aesa DRFM based jammers , EADS/Cassidian’s Ariel Mk3 towed RF-decoys , SPECTRA (Système de Protection et d'Évitement des Conduites de Tir du Rafale) ,EL/L-8251 jammers pods , EL/L-8222 ASPJ pod , EL/M-8022 self-protection EW suite , defensive aids subsystems DASS, DIRCM c-music etc etc

really F-18E/F and F-16E/F and rafale and hell F22 !!!!!!
lol i give up

i will post better articles on jf 17 in the technical thread later
comparing JF17 with F-18E/F or Rafale or sukhoi latest version is meaningless, like comparing a medium /light tank with heavy tank. And how much is the price of them? JF-17 is designed to be an affordable cost saving yet worthy for it's price as 4th Gen light fighter.it's market value is that it could cost only the price as other country made trainer or lead-in fighter.if you only want block 1,it could cost only 15m $

how could the price be that low,it's the technology made not just labor cost.
http://www.3ders.org/articles/20150717-china-showcases-large-3d-printed-metal-frames-for-new-generation-of-military-aircraft.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 28, 2016
nemesis2u:
disclaimer:

Like you said, the article is from 6years ago, and a lot has changed in the JF-17 program. Off-course there are a couple distortions and exaggerations in the article, however i think he makes a convincing argument.

So what type of Fighter jet does your country fly?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:01am On Jul 28, 2016
NIGERIAN ARMY TO COMMENCE “EXERCISE CROCODILE SMILE” THIS WEEKEND

The Nigerian Army will from this weekend commence another training exercise code named “EXERCISE CROCODILE SMILE” in 82 Division and part of 2 Division areas of responsibility traversing the South-South geo-political region.

The aim of the exercise is to practice our Special Forces and other units of the Nigerian Army in Amphibious and Internal Security Operations in riverine environment and also check criminal activities like kidnapping, militancy and piracy and other forms of criminal activities in support of the civil authority.

The general public is please requested not to panic on the sight of unusual movement of large number of troops, heavy military weapons and equipment in these areas.

Thank you for your kind and usual cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 28, 2016
Henry240:

Like you said, the article is from 6years ago, and a lot has changed in the JF-17 program. Off-course there are a couple distortions and exaggerations in the article, however i think he makes a convincing argument.

So what type of Fighter jet does your country fly?

"Like you said, the article is from 6years ago, and a lot has changed in the JF-17 program. Off-course there are a couple distortions and exaggerations in the article"

u did not mention it untill i pointed it out point by point.

"So what type of Fighter jet does your country fly"

u saw the wrong side of my effort to clear errors,
it certainly was not my business and i will do well not to interfere in what ever u want to believe.
thank u for ur appreciation

well i have played the fool more than once and had to learn this real hard "when somebody points at the moon then whats the point of looking at the finger"

and at others if u want to know about jf17 which i already posted yesterday on block 2 and block 3 u will find credible info here
https://www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments/6
the writer of the article is the top respected members of the Pakistanis who know jf17
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2016
nemesis2u:

"Like you said, the article is from 6years ago, and a lot has changed in the JF-17 program. Off-course there are a couple distortions and exaggerations in the article"

u did not mention it untill i pointed it out point by point.

"So what type of Fighter jet does your country fly"

u saw the wrong side of my effort to clear errors,
it certainly was not my business and i will do well not to interfere in what ever u want to believe.
thank u for ur appreciation

well i have played the fool more than once and had to learn this real hard "when somebody points at the moon then whats the point of looking at the finger"

and at others if u want to know about jf17 which i already posted yesterday on block 2 and block 3 u will find credible info here
https://www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments/6
the writer of the article is the top respected members of the Pakistanis who know jf17

You have totally and quite spectacularly misunderstood me.

I completely agree with getting the clearer picture, no one person is a walking wikipedia, hence i craved a critic of the article.

Jesus man, go easy on the sentiments. I asked a question out of curiosity, and a need to know more, I mean that isn't a crime you know.

Anyway, I apologise for hurting your feelings.

Cry baby. gringringrin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
#NA DESERT BYKES..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
bidexiii:
#NA DESERT BYKES..
the 1 pic remind me of WWII german side-car. This design is still not obsolete in many situation, light armour like shield can be added

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Henry240:

You have totally and quite spectacularly misunderstood me.

I completely agree with getting the clearer picture, no one person is a walking wikipedia, hence i craved a critic of the article.

Jesus man, go easy on the sentiments. I asked a question out of curiosity, and a need to know more, I mean that isn't a crime you know.

Anyway, I apologise for hurting your feelings.

Cry baby. gringringrin

lol grin grin grin grin

i never take sides of weapons because the weapons never take ur side, they dont care whether ur at the butt end or the barrel end grin

and i am sorry too for the misunderstanding

thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
chinese8107:

the 1 pic remind me of WWII german side-car. This design is still not obsolete in many situation, light armour like shield can be added

Hahahahaaa...... grin shocked

But don't by think bit will be damn too slow, compared to the byke.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
bidexiii:
#NA DESERT BYKES..
lwkm...that first picture en
NA no wan gree
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
Odunayaw:
NA no wan gree

Na so....... . grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
Odunayaw:
NA no wan gree

grin grin grin

why?

just for info,
in south asia mainly india they use these for base patrolling, dispatch services , military policing etc
but it seems 2 wheeler use is on the decline.
picture 1 : royal enfield military bike 500cc
picture 2 : royal enfield classic chrome 500 cc which i own grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
i cant decide which one i want more

the 84 Goldwing Motorcycle fitted with Twin Gatling Gun
OR
the hot chick with the assault rifle

why is life so hard angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
x
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
and the interesting thing is that the motorcycle Gatling gun combo is workable.
but i have doubts.
still in WW1 and 2 Machine guns were mounted on standalone motorcycles and fired from it. (not the motorcycle side car combo)
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
nemesis2u:
and the interesting thing is that the motorcycle Gatling gun combo is workable.
but i have doubts.
still in WW1 and 2 Machine guns were mounted on standalone motorcycles and fired from it. (not the motorcycle side car combo)

No, it's not workable.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
Henry240:

No, it's not workable.

from what i gathered the guns r M-134 Miniguns firing 5.56mm ammo , so recoil not a problem
and they also test fired it.

but as military product , it will struggle
first the smoke that will be generated might cause problem
2nd the heat radiated from the barrels will be a problem
sighting and engaging targets will be a problem
etc

but liked the idea though grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by overhypedsteve(m): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Henry240:

No, it's not workable.
If it does not rip the bike apart it would be hard to control the bike while shooting.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
bidexiii:

Hahahahaaa...... grin shocked

But don't by think bit will be damn too slow, compared to the byke.

yes a bit slow but can carry more goods.it could be a low cost solution for police if off road 4x4 vehicles not avilable

at least easy aiming for the side-gunner. also it's more reliable and easy to repair than a 4x4 vehicle

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.