Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3003872 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by peterphd(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2016
bidexiii:
RANGE CLASSIFICATION EXERCISE

Cadets of Direct Short Service Course 25 undergoing range classification exercise as part of their training programme. The exercise is aimed at teaching them principles of marksmanship and proper weapon handling. Totalling 99 in number, the cadets are scheduled to fire 4 types of weapon, comprising FN rifle, FN pistol, AK 47 rifle and TAVOR rifle, in lying, kneeling and standing positions.

Oga bidexiii, Is it true dssc don't see combat and aren't usually promoted beyond a certain rank, say colonel?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:08am On Oct 13, 2016
peterphd:

Oga bidexiii, Is it true dssc don't see combat and aren't usually promoted beyond a certain rank, say colonel?

99% of DSSC WOULD NOT SEE COMBAT.

Simply because the DSSC is not designed or intended for combat, the DSSC is to produce commissioned officers that NDA can't produce like doctors,nurses,law,christian & Muslim Chaplin,engineering & technology and social sciences courses e.t.c.

If u av the intention of joining the army and you want to see combat, pick up the SSC form.

Then on the issue that they are not promoted beyond certain rank is not intentional; before u graduate from the university and u go for NYSC age will be a limiting factor. And you know in NDA these days by the age 18,19 or 20 you av graduated to be a 1st or 2nd lieutenant. And hope u know the DSSC is for 15 yrs but it's like u can sign another 15 yrs contract if u like.

Hope av answered ur question.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:11am On Oct 13, 2016
@koniyah

.....beautiful and nice pics.. wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by peterphd(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2016
bidexiii:

99% of DSSC WOULD NOT SEE COMBAT.

Simply because the DSSC is not designed or intended for combat, the DSSC is to produce commissioned officers that NDA can't produce like doctors,nurses,law,christian & Muslim Chaplin,engineering & technology and social sciences courses e.t.c.

If u av the intention of joining the army and you want to see combat, pick up the SSC form.

Then on the issue that they are not promoted beyond certain rank is not intentional; before u graduate from the university and u go for NYSC age will be a limiting factor. And you know in NDA these days by the age 18,19 or 20 you av graduated to be a 1st or 2nd lieutenant. And hope u know the DSSC is for 15 yrs but it's like u can sign another 15 yrs contract if u like.

Hope av answered ur question.

You've done justice to it. However does any of the services have openings for graduates of chemical engineering, Dolph Lundgren in the expendables style? The NDA website only talks about civil and mechanical engineering. Thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:18am On Oct 13, 2016
BREAKING NEWS.........JUST NOW ON ALJAZERA

BT release 21 chibook girls . UPDATES TO COME.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2016
peterphd:

You've done justice to it. However does any of the services have openings for graduates of chemical engineering, Dolph Lundgren in the expendables style? The NDA website only talks about civil and mechanical engineering. Thanks

Hmmmmmm... angry

U studied chemical Eng I guess, but me and u know that in Nigeria, there is no place for people with such course to fit in. angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by peterphd(m): 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
bidexiii:

Hmmmmmm... angry

U studied chemical Eng I guess, but me and u know that in Nigeria, there is no place for people with such course to fit in. angry
Maybe the Effect of youthful decisions ignorant of realities. Tried the RC once but couldn't get in
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
peterphd:

Maybe the Effect of youthful decisions ignorant of realities. Tried the RC once but couldn't get in

...... grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
#SBS

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
CNS VISIT TO NAVAL OUT POST LAKE CHAD

The Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral IE Ibas undertook an on the spot assessment on the ground at the Naval Out Post Lake Chad (NOP) situated on the outskirts of Baga Town. The CNS inspected the temporary, accommodation site at the College of Fresh Water Fisheries at Baga as well as facilities at the temporary site at the Fish Dam some 8km North East of the College. On arrival at Baga the Chief of the Naval Staff was received by the GOC 8 Div Brig Gen Nani as well as the Commander 7 Special Task Force Brigade, Brig Gen Saram. The CNS was briefed on current activities in the general area of operation by the Commander Special Task Force Brigade as well as the Comd Naval Out Post Lake Chad Navy Captain DD Dangwel. The CNS was informed that the BHT had been routed out of their last strong hold of Malamfatori while pockets of their elements were said to be on isolated islands on the Lake Chad.

At the NOP site the Chief of the Naval Staff was received by Alhaji Modu Alhaji Musa who is the Chief of Staff to His Excellency Alhaji Kassim Shettima the Executive Governor of Borno State. The Chief of Staff informed the Chief of the Naval Staff that the area used to be a trading base with links to Chad were several forms of commodities were traded. He on behalf of the state and local community welcomed the Navy to the community and was hopeful that in synergy with other security agencies that the Nigerian Navy would eliminate the reminants of the BHT on the Islands and restore it to its former position as a cross border trading post. The Commander Naval Out Post Lake Chad, Captain Dangwell also informed the CNS of the wanton destruction that had taken place in the area resulting to the disruption of not only essential support facilities but also all forms of telecommunications.

The Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral IE Ibas noted that the approach to the Naval Out Post was challenged by very sandy terrain and requested the state to kindly assist in making it motorable. The Chief of the Naval Staff further ensured the community that the NN would help improve security as well as provide certain immediate reliefs including medical care. Having had a successful tour of the area the CNS in company of the Theatre Commander, OPERATION LAFIA DOLE Maj Gen LEO Irabor departed the Baga area by helicopter at about 1230hrs for Maiduguri.

Earlier on the CNS had been briefed by the Comd OPERATION LAFIA DOLE on the general security challenges in the North East. The CNS also paid courtesy calls on the State Government and the Shehu of Borno.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
TEXT OF A WORLD PRESS CONFERENCE ADDRESSED BY THE MINISTER OF
INFORMATION AND CULTURE, ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED, ON THE RELEASE OF 21
CHIBOK GIRLS, ON THURSDAY, OCT. 13TH 2016, AT THE OBASANJO HALL,
FEDERAL SECRETARIAT, ABUJA.

Gentlemen of the press, good afternoon. We have called this press conference at a very short notice to brief you on the latest
development in the saga of our Chibok Girls.

2. We can confirm that 21 of the girls were released, safely, to us by 5.30 this Thursday morning and they were flown to Kaduna from the location of their release. This is the most glaring manifestation to date of the unwavering commitment of Mr. President to secure the safe release of the girls and reunite them with their families. It is also a result of the round-the-clock efforts by the Administration to put a closure to the sad issue of the kidnap of the girls.

3. We expect the released girls to land in Abuja shortly. Ahead of their arrival, we have assembled a team of medical doctors, psychologists, social workers, trauma experts, etc to properly examine the girls, especially because they have been in captivity forso long. They will also be adequately debriefed. We have the list of the 21 girls but we are now contacting their parents as part of the necessary verification exercise. As soon as that is concluded, we will release the names to the public.

4. Gentlemen, as we have always said, we have been working on the safe release of the girls and following all the leads available. In
this instance, the moment we had a credible lead, Mr President gave the green-light to the DSS to pursue it. We can confirm that the DSS
pursued the lead in collaboration with a friendly European country and a renowned international humanitarian organization. The DSS was supported by the military.

5. As soon as the necessary confidence was built on both sides, the parties agreed on the date and the location of the release of the 21
girls. Please note that this is not a swap. It is a release, the product of painstaking negotiations and trust on both sides.

6. We see this as a credible first step in the eventual release of all the Chibok Girls in captivity. It is also a major step in
confidence-building between us as a government and the Boko Haram leadership on the issue of the Chibok Girls.

7. We want to thank all Nigerians for their support and for never losing confidence in the ability of Mr. President to secure the safe
release of our Chibok Girls.

8. Gentlemen of the press, I thank you all for your kind attention

Segun Adeyemi
SA to Hon Minister of Information and Culture
Abuja
Oct. 13th 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
@Bidexii
What's your honest opinion about this issue?
Its heart warming that these young ladies will finally be released to their families after such a long period, I believe no one has any right to object to this on the basis of national interest but my worry is exactly who to believe. The bone of contention is whether it was a prisoner swap or a "release" as lai Mohammed said. I trust you read the other report saying 4 terrorists were released, only 4 - they must be extremely important to make shekau finally buckle.
I sincerely hope this issue was well analysed and adequate counter measures taken.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
The issue of the chibok saga is a confusing thing. On the 'claim' by the Information minister, just like his name, so he is. BBC, Red Cross and even a spokeman from BH attests to it that it was a SWAP and not a RELEASE. Anyway, Godspeed to the troop.
Oga Bidexiii, keep up the good work.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2016
Tochex101:
@Bidexii
What's your honest opinion about this issue?
Its heart warming that these young ladies will finally be released to their families after such a long period, I believe no one has any right to object to this on the basis of national interest but my worry is exactly who to believe. The bone of contention is whether it was a prisoner swap or a "release" as lai Mohammed said. I trust you read the other report saying 4 terrorists were released, only 4 - they must be extremely important to make shekau finally buckle.
I sincerely hope this issue was well analysed and adequate counter measures taken.

BHT has being weakened...and as a sign that they are willing to cooperate. I think that's why they are starting with the 21 girls. Don't be fooled for the remaining 197 to be released there will be money involved and probably some BHT to be shaped.

Definitely no where in the world that the government would come out and say they paid a ransome for such released. And there is so much pressure on Mr buhari pertaining the released of those chibook girls.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
Vikkie14:
The issue of the chibok saga is a confusing thing. On the 'claim' by the Information minister, just like his name, so he is. BBC, Red Cross and even a spokeman from BH attests to it that it was a SWAP and not a RELEASE. Anyway, Godspeed to the troop.
Oga Bidexiii, keep up the good work.

Tnx mate.... wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:36am On Oct 14, 2016
peterphd:

I doubt there will be opening for that course in the military
However SSC don't care even if u studied sign language
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:49am On Oct 14, 2016
Odunayaw:

.... grin

"Naa to go face BH straight as the matter be"...... cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:48am On Oct 14, 2016
NAF STUDENT PILOT'S.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:53am On Oct 14, 2016
A 7-day trip to Boko Haram’s death zones

In a bid to encourage Internally Displaced Persons to return home and speed up the rebuilding process, Governor Kashim Shettima of Bono State temporarily ‘relocated’ to the recently liberated areas of the state. BODUNRIN KAYODE reports that while the ‘relocation’ many people had their hearts in their mouths................

http://tribuneonlineng.com/7-day-trip-boko-harams-death-zones/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by peterphd(m): 9:33am On Oct 14, 2016
Odunayaw:

Hehe i understand. I was with someone yesterday and he said the ssc and dssc officers aren't given the same recognition as RC officers. Something like the diploma vs degree beef.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2016
Al Shabaab Executes Two Men Including Kenyan for Spying Allegations

Islamist group Alshabaab executed two men including Kenyan man accused spies for UK and Kenya Intelligence Agencies Witness said. The executions took place in Jilib town in Somalia's southern middle Jubba region on Thursday.

On Thursday, Alshabaab beheaded four men including elders in El-Ali location lies on 75km west of Beledweyne town in Hiiraan region of Somalia. The group is controlling many part of the southern Somalia.

The Shabaab was pushed out of Mogadishu in 2011 but continues to carry out attacks on military, political and civilian targets aimed at undermining the internationally-backed Somali government.

In recent months they have claimed attacks on bases of the African Union peacekeeping mission in Somalia (Amisom).
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by welzyj2(m): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2016
cc bidexiii

can i enlist for dssc for Nigeria navy or air force i studied international relations.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:18am On Oct 14, 2016
welzyj2:
cc bidexiii

can i enlist for dssc for Nigeria navy or air force i studied international relations.

Hmm I can't tell, but why don't you guys check on there websites,because there requirements changes over years. Sometimes they ask for some certain professions and the coming year they might not ask for them. It depends on what they need especially for the DSSC.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2016
#SBSC

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
hebbach Sadek, The terrorist new leader of Al djund Khilafa claiming to the Islamic State (ISIS) in algeria , was eliminated Thursday by algerian army

pic source: yayoune/forcesdz

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
chkil:
hebbach Sadek, The terrorist new leader of Al djund Khilafa claiming to the Islamic State (ISIS) in algeria , was eliminated Thursday by algerian army

pic source: yayoune/forcesdz

Good work by the Algeria army..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
edit . delet please
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
Heatup47:
Galant men of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Please i would like to know if someone who had "external Pile" once and has been treated will be accepted in the armed forces.

I was screened out of this year's SSC interview in kaduna NDA old site on d account of "external pile" prior to that time i never knew if you had pille u will not pass d medical.
I intend registering again after it has been treated only that this tIme I intend registering for DSSC since age is not on my side again.

I studied information management technology with a second class from federal university of technology owerri.
I think the issue of pile is something 'someone' said something about that hit FP some times ago. He was actually shortlisted, wanted to join the army though. He said they were asked to strip "naked" and bend down, then they will now cough out, that way they will know who had pile before or not. It's actually a 'deciding' factor when one gets to the #Medical part of the screening.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
Vikkie14:
I think the issue of pile is something 'someone' said something about that hit FP some times ago. He was actually shortlisted, wanted to join the army though. He said they were asked to strip "naked" and bend down, then they will now cough out, that way they will know who had pile before or not. It's actually a 'deciding' factor when one gets to the #Medical part of the screening.

.... grin cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.