Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3013857 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
bidexiii:

Please guys just simply ignore these rugged and his ignorant post.

Sir, it's not totally correct toask that the gentleman be ignored. Behind his post is a genuine passion and pain. He's not an antagonist per se. Please tolerate his style of expression, you don'tneed to totally agree with him. Most important thing is that we all share passionfor our country and military.

@ the first pix, I love the carriage of that Major General, the eyes contact, firm handshake, correct posture, and fitting uniform. 10/10

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
rugged7 crap to suggest hearsay Cash for chibokgirls is responsible for the new wave of BH attack .
According to Shekau factional leader of the BHT his men attack LtCol Abu Ali.
Fact FG is in Negotiation with Barnawi lead faction that release first batch & 50+ expected his group works alongside Ansaru(alqeada) elements headed by Nur, O yes IS & alqeada reason possibly is they are all Yussifyya.
So its crazy to think Govt provides funds to BHT certainly sometime goes for something even the Yanks do so.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
60 % of terrorists now are not Nigerians – Army Chief thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/11/60-of-…

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
The current accelerated attacks by these terrorists on the armys position had long been foreseen and I expect the Army to be adequately prepared. We can't over emphasize the need for more birds in the sky. If we fail to receive at least 1 aerial asset by the month end then I can't help but join @rugged in wailing.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
IbnSultaan:
rugged7 crap to suggest hearsay Cash for chibokgirls is responsible for the new wave of BH attack .
Fact FG is in Negotiation with Barnawi lead faction that release first batch & 50+ expected his group works alongside Ansaru(alqeada) elements headed by Nur, O yes IS & alqeada reason possibly is they are all Yussifyya.
So its crazy to think Govt provides funds to BHT certainly sometime goes for something even the Yanks do so.

Have always held is comment with high esteem but these that he said, was just way out of line and being sentimental. Yes we all have rights to our views and comment.

Saying where are the JF 17 & mi-35's.....as if you are just new on the thread and other threads. anyway time will tell.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
homerac7:

Sir, it's not totally correct toask that the gentleman be ignored. Behind his post is a genuine passion and pain. He's not an antagonist per se. Please tolerate his style of expression, you don'tneed to totally agree with him. Most important thing is that we all share passionfor our country and military.

@ the first pix, I love the carriage of that Major General, the eyes contact, firm handshake, correct posture, and fitting uniform. 10/10

Tnks mate.

But the dude is sentimental and way out of what is not true.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
Tochex101:
The current accelerated attacks by these terrorists on the armys position had long been foreseen and I expect the Army to be adequately prepared. We can't over emphasize the need for more birds in the sky. If we fail to receive at least 1 aerial asset by the month end then I can't help but join @rugged in wailing.

Honestly I don't know how to explain it. Yeap it has being for seen that there will be insersant attacks and the airforce is doing a lot to check mate BHT movement and activities, but the truth is such is the nature of these type of war.

The last lt-col that was killed by an I.E.D where you least except? , on his way to Yola not even inside sambisa forest.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/breaking-boko-haram-kills-another-nigerian-lieutenant-colonel/

We can't always blame our top brass for every thing; blame it our system, inadequate military budget, Federal government/law makers that is not providing adequate and standard hardware & equipment e.t.c...... to fight with.

The truth is more is still coming and brave men are going to die...... cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rugged7(m): 4:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hmmm,the usual suspects have crawled out to insult Rugged7..

Bidexii, u know my way so I won't talk too much. Don't let your dyslexia and emotions interfere with my facts on ground.
I insist that money and BHT commanders were exchanged for the girls. My sources are valid.
As for IbnSultaan, we all know u are a government lap dog so nothing u do will surprise me.

Truth, cannot be hidden for long, just like milk, it always rises to the top.

Shikena

IbnSultaan:
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
The former GOC 7 Maj Gen himself carrying late lt-col abu ali up in jubilation of his exploits.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
LATE LT-COL ABU ALI WITH HIS T-72 TANK.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
As long as these attacks are not targeted assassinations by BHT, then its not much to fear. However, if BHT are specifically targeting effective war front commanders, then Buratai has to purge his army else BHT may enter an entirely unheralded phase of the war.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
rugged7:
Hmmm,the usual suspects have crawled out to insult Rugged7..

Bidexii, u know my way so I won't talk too much. Don't let your dyslexia and emotions interfere with my facts on ground.
I insist that money and BHT commanders were exchanged for the girls. My sources are valid.
As for IbnSultaan, we all know u are a government lap dog so nothing u do will surprise me.

Truth, cannot be hidden for long, just like milk, it always rises to the top.

Shikena

For heaven sake rugged7, where u there when the exchange was made. Please you should stop being sentimental and let's face facts. Every period of these time BHT attacks are incessant , due is due to fact that they would want to gather enough lots and logistics before the dry season sets in and in years past it was more worst than these and am not emotional here.

It's only because we've lost two lt-col's between space of days, others soldiers who die are not human being

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
olapluto:
As long as these attacks are not targeted assassinations by BHT, then its not much to fear. However, if BHT are specifically targeting effective war front commanders, then Buratai has to purge his army else BHT may enter an entirely unheralded phase of the war.

True talk mate... cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
Where is ur tucano?
Where are new equipments?
Where are new trained battalions?
Where are new MIL helicopters?
Where are the JF17s............

There was no confirmation that tucano would be sold to us

What new equipments ,dont be sentimental

The even trained battalions, majority where trained by the last administration but hey dude they are doing well amidst the odds.

For the JF and MIL, done worry you will eat your words...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
No body is saying something was not given in exchange but it was definitely not money " if money was given Foreign Intel/Govt would have leaked info.
Don't forget group in Negotiation is less violent so things like safe corridor/less military assault may be discuss .
Hey Even the US does covert exchange for assets .

Bedexiii current situation is like the Taliban spring exclusive to areas in NorthernBorno were remenants are.
Rugged7 ur comments are shaped by other perspectives to these Govt. New platforms are coming certainly from this month to compliment those on ground .
Non kinetic approach is deployed to deny BH recruits & allow surrender by BH members, as part long term peace

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
bidexiii:

[/b]
Honestly I don't know how to explain it. Yeap it has being for seen that there will be insersant attacks and the airforce is doing a lot to check mate BHT movement and activities, but the truth is such is the nature of these type of war.

The last lt-col that was killed by an I.E.D where you least except? , [b]on his way to Yola
not even inside sambisa forest. Female Suicide Bombers Killed By Soldiers In Borno This Morning (Graphic Photos)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/breaking-boko-haram-kills-another-nigerian-lieutenant-colonel/

We can't always blame our top brass for every thing; blame it our system, inadequate military budget, Federal government/law makers that is not providing adequate and standard hardware & equipment e.t.c...... to fight with.

The truth is more is still coming and brave men are going to die...... cool
And you dont suspect a conspiracy?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
Tochex101:

And you dont suspect a conspiracy?

It might be or not...... ?

What about the two lt-col that died two days ago in an I.E.D ambush , are they conspiracy too.

In my own opinion it's just a coincidence.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
bidexiii:

It might be or not...... ?

What about the two lt-col that died two days ago in an I.E.D ambush , are they conspiracy too.

In my own opinion it's just a coincidence.
Dont mind those TAN clowns. Every setback faced by the army is another reason to advertise the prowess of the Army under their kleptocratic "Hero of Democracy"....Ignorant Stockholm Syndrome victims. Would we be losing officers now if GEJ and his cohorts had done the needful and used funds meant for the Military purely for equipment and not election campaigns?
What then is this idiotic and baseless claim that BH is on "the offensive" due to a ransom paid? Is this the time to score cheap political points? The Army is stronger than it was under GEJ and his hawkish wasteful Generals. We WILL prevail despite the tacit lack of support by fifth columnists and remnants of the old guard.
Let me see any nonsense about a ransom on this thread again and I will descend on the individual displaying such foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
Katyusha:
Dont mind those TAN clowns. Every setback faced by the army is another reason to advertise the prowess of the Army under their kleptocratic "Hero of Democracy"....Ignorant Stockholm Syndrome victims. Would we be losing officers now if GEJ and his cohorts had done the needful and used funds meant for the Military purely for equipment and not election campaigns?
What then is this idiotic and baseless claim that BH is on "the offensive" due to a ransom paid? Is this the time to score cheap political points? The Army is stronger than it was under GEJ and his hawkish wasteful Generals. We WILL prevail despite the tacit lack of support by fifth columnists and remnants of the old guard.
Let me see any nonsense about a ransom on this thread again and I will descend on the individual displaying such foolishness.

Tnks mate.

They don't see it in that direction because they are being partial due to some "factors".

And if you go in that direction they say you are being triabal or partial. 2012 -2014 they watched under there nose when BHT was claiming villages, town and cities but when it was months to for another election they quickly bought junks to quench BH. Do you fight terrorism in such way. Those fat belly Generals never told GEJ the truth, he allowed himself to be misled. And now you want the current president to perform a miracle.

Founds meant for procurement of hardware embezzled and people are saying if they don't see the JF and MIL birds they will be disappointed. While not complain when NA soldiers where chased on there heals and being humiliated. .... shocked shocked

Those where the time we needed those jf17, do you know how many soldiers died and are being un-accounted for..? Some choose to desert and forget there entitlements and decide to hold on to there life, it's when you are alive there is hope....... grin

The frontline troops morale is something you can now verge for no, has compared before. Troops are being rated, especially for those who av spent 2-3 years plus..etc.

You cannot blame these administration for what befell the north east.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
this thread is now useless and only for propaganda
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
giles14:
Chai

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
http://www.conflictarm.com/download-file/?report_id=2433&file_id=2434
Here's a report of why Africans need to start taking active roles in what happens especially to countries within their regions. The failure of those interfering on the continent who seek only to remove without having at least extensive controls on those state institutions like Border, Army and so.

>Though Nigeria was not mentioned, it details the spread of weapons from mostly Libya to places like Mali, Chad, Niger with Niger and Chad as transit points.

>How Tuaregs in faraway Mali were resupplied weapons by convoys of Tuaregs from Libya after Gaddaffi's fall.

> Proliferation of arms like SAMS (SA7b) from Libya which found their way to various regions.

>Ivorien arms proliferation(probably during the regime change of Gbagbo) also in extensive use in various countries in WA.

>Supply of arms through the Sahel, Algeria and other points filtering down for use to cause chaos.

>Loss of weapons even if captured by terrorists from Government forces are still in use to fight and terrorise many years after.

No point saying BH probably got some via various means.

Convoy interdiction and border enforcement should be part of the MOU signed with especially theMNJTF if it wasn't.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
giles14:

You can easily click and unfollow. If you are bored and think it's for propaganda, okay.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2016
bidexiii:

You can easily click and unfollow. If you are bored and think it's for propaganda, okay.

You couldn't have said it better.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
For Jonathan and Buhari supporters. I'll say leave your sentiments at the door, who bought or who didn't is still signs of poor leaders.

[...] (contents edited)

Buhari is doing the same, even if not by way of weapon fund theft. We are dealing with an almost incoherent strategy to fight BH. We also have some killer fulani hersmen causing havoc to other groups here and there.

Read between the lines, this is not about whom you support, there's a lot left undone with soldiers lives used as cannon fodder to paper over their lack of efforts or strategy. So when we criticise don't mention tit for tat response of what the last and previous regime are doing as a sort of counter.

EDITED...

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
BlackBaron:

Here's a report of why Africans need to start taking active roles in what happens especially to countries within their regions. The failure of those interfering on the continent who seek only to remove without having at least extensive controls on those state institutions like Border, Army and so.

>Though Nigeria was not mentioned, it details the spread of weapons from mostly Libya to places like Mali, Chad, Niger with Niger and Chad as transit points.

>How Tuaregs in faraway Mali were resupplied weapons by convoys of Tuaregs from Libya after Gaddaffi's fall.

> Proliferation of arms like SAMS (SA7b) from Libya which found their way to various regions.

>Ivorien arms proliferation(probably during the regime change of Gbagbo) also in extensive use in various countries in WA.

>Supply of arms through the Sahel, Algeria and other points filtering down for use to cause chaos.

>Loss of weapons even if captured by terrorists from Government forces are still in use to fight and terrorise many years after.

No point saying BH probably got some via various means.

Convoy interdiction and border enforcement should be part of the MOU signed with especially theMNJTF if it wasn't.

Very comprehensive report.

Yes Nigeria was never mentioned in the 50 page report but let's think of it these way, if those weapons have really find there way to Chad then it's in the north wast already.

We have vast and porous borders and the government of countries involved is not really doing something to check the situation. The two SA-7 MANPAD'S That appeared once appeared in shekau's propaganda video is from where?

There is serious fire on the mountain.........

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2016
bidexiii:

Very comprehensive report.

Yes Nigeria was never mentioned in the 50 page report but let's think of it these way, if those weapons have really find there way to Chad then it's in the north wast already.

We have vast and porous borders and the government of countries involved is not really doing something to check the situation. The two SA-7 MANPAD'S That appeared once appeared in shekau's propaganda video is from where?

There is serious fire on the mountain.........
Arms from Nigeria wasnt mentioned/investigated in the arms proliferation report, however 5 mobile phones and sim used in IED activation were found in Mali. They were previously supplied to a Nigerian distributor months earlier.

Arms from the terrorists attack on a hotel in Mali were also from the same batch seized by YPG in Kobane, Syria. Country of origin was Libya.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2016
giles14:
So sharap and find the exit.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
BlackBaron:

Arms from Nigeria wasnt mentioned/investigated in the arms proliferation report, however 5 mobile phones and sim used in IED activation were found in Mali. They were previously supplied to a Nigerian distributor months earlier.

Arms from the terrorists attack on a hotel in Mali were also from the same batch seized by YPG in Kobane, Syria. Country of origin was Libya.

Yeap Nigeria was not mentioned in 50 page report.

But dont let us forget our vast and porous borders, BHT has being lunching attacks from cross borders and if the arms prolification's are found on Chad already then BH can easily lay there hands on them.

Have you seeing one of the videos released by Shekau, where two BH guards with him where with S-7 manpad's. Where did they get it from.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
NAF OPERATIONS SEMINAR 2016 COMMENCES

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) today kick-starts the 2016 Operations Seminar with the theme “Developing Effective Air Power Responses to National Security Challenges in Nigeria”. Primarily, the seminar is to seek ways to enhance NAF air operations in the light of the current internal security situation in the country. The two papers to be presented at the seminar would dwell on current challenges relating to air operations and logistics support in the counter insurgency operation with a view to proffering solutions. In the words of the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Mshl Sadique Abubakar, the seminar is expected to critically analyse the NAF war against insurgency and other criminal activities across the country with a view to identifying current shortcomings and suggesting the way forward.

Meanwhile, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Abayomi Olonishakin has assessed the hosting of the seminar as timely and apt, given the current security challenges facing the country. While addressing the participants, the CDS stated that “an occasional review of the approach and concept applied to the resolution of the situations is in keeping with the dictates of operational fluidity and accords with global best practices”. Therefore, critical resolutions that would enhance the attainment of national security objectives are expected to be reached at the seminar.

Highlights of the opening ceremony include the unveiling of new pilot wings and induction of NAF K-9 Wing which was established recently.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:35am On Nov 17, 2016
MORE

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:47am On Nov 17, 2016
UNITED NATIONS COMMENDS NIGERIAN ARMY FOR MAINTAINING INTERNATIONAL BEST PRACTICE

The United Nations Organization (UNO) has commended the Nigerian Army for being professional in handling Boko Haram terrorism and insurgency especially in the North East Nigeria, saying their conduct was exemplary and it is in line with international best practices.

The Special Assistant to United Nations Secretary General (SRSG), Office for West Africa, His Excellency, (Doctor) Mohammad Ibn Chambas gave this commendation during the UN solidarity visit to the Chief of Army Staff Nigerian Army, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai in his office, at the Headquarters of the Theatre Command of Operation LAFIYA DOLE in Maimalari Cantonment, Maiduguri, Borno State.

The SRSG said that the UN has been explicit and consistent in condemning the activities of the Boko Haram terrorists in the region. He went further to commend Nigeria's neighbouring countries for collaborating with Nigeria in fighting the common terrorists. He said the UN was conscious of the hardship caused to the people of Nigeria as a result of the activities of the BHT and promised the United Nations readiness in collaboration with other Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to bring succour to the affected persons.

Mr Mohammad also extended his appreciation to the Borno State Government, National Emergency Agency (NEMA), State Emergency Agency (SEMA) and other Humanitarian Agencies in providing succour for the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the North East saying the UN will do everything possible to support, rehabilitate and resettle the victims of this menace. He also used the opportunity of the visit to pay tribute to Nigerian military personnel that lost their lives in the cause of the conflict, describing them as heroes, whom he said paid the supreme prize for others to live.

In his response, the Chief of Army Staff, thanked the UN chief for the visit, kind commendation and promise of continuous support to the fight against Boko Haram terrorists in Nigeria. He also thanked the world body for all the support given to the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) especially at the formation stage of the Task Force when he was the pioneer Force Commander, saying that the MNJTF has achieved a lot in the fight against terrorism, which he attributed to the solid foundation at its take off.

The Chief of Army Staff promised to continue to lead the Nigerian Army until the terrorists surrendered to the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Mr Chambas was accompanied on the visit by some top diplomats of the United Nations.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your medium.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

Colonel Mustapha Abubakar Anka
Deputy Director Army Public Relations, 7 Division

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.