Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3010831 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

you beat me to it, notification squad wink
Lol, by few seconds. I was the 4th person to watch it. I turned on notifications for all Defense related Tweets.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
BHT's recent video made them remember they had some drones in storage. The terrorists had no clue as to what hit them. cheesy cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
Xbee007:
BHT's recent video made them remember they had some drones in storage. The terrorists had no clue as to what hit them. cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin swift retaliation, if NAF had like a squadron (or whatever the UCAV equivalent of 12 aircrafts is) after 2 weeks of day and night intense bombardment they will think twice before spying on troops with DJI quadcopters again.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
Xbee007:
Okay, our drones are actually being used. NAF just released a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj1tkM1rVZ4
CH3 to be precise.

Precision strike.

Rot in hell ............ grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
More more more
Of precision guided bombardment

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2018
NAF MI-17

R.I.P

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
Josfactz:
More more more
Of precision guided bombardment
i remember after constant precision strikes by Pakistan airforce against pakistan taliban,Pakistan taliban pleaded for a ceasefire
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
I can't believe this can happen in Edo States.

Officers of the Nigeria Police Force apprehended these 3 bomb makers- Idris Ibrahim, Zainab Ibrahim and Oyeza Abdul Kokumo- in Edo state.

They also recovered IEDs and rocket launchers from the suspects.

Kudos to the Police for this successful operation.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
At least 12 traders killed and 50 others injured two suicide bombers attack Muna garage in Maiduguri on Wednesday.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
BruncleZuma:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I have a sick feeling about this, somebody somewhere doesn't understand the importance of that piece of asset. It's just for dress shows.

Just confirmed it's the F7 equipment test station for Avionics.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2018
bidexiii:
Take a close look at Late Col Abu Ali in this Picture. Standing next to him is Lt Col Abdulsalam AKA Kutus.

Abu Ali spent the last 4 Years of his life doing just two things, Fighting from one front line to the other just so we can sleep in peace and Praying while he Fought.

Take a look at the picture Col. abu is in the scorching sun of the Maiduguri, sipping on pure water and paying attention to the radio message.

Almost all pictures that came out of him, he was seen in this Armoured personal regalia, and in some pictures you could even see how dusty his hair was, how rugged the situation was.

The last four years of his life was full of tactical maneuvers, consistent calculations on how to counter and defeat the enemy. It was a battle front all the way through, he had little or no sleep, he was away from his family for most of the years, yet he kept going and going believing in himself and God Almighty that he would someday emerge victorious.

And I tell you, he was indeed victorious. He emerged a hero and stood out amongst the best.

Today, the whole Country and indeed the world would remember Slim as a hero of our time, the greatest tank commander in recent times and like soldiers refers to him as Nigeria's best friend.

Thank you Slim. You made a mark. You would forever remain close to our hearts as we would continue to pray for you.
RIP Brother

Rest on Gallant Soldier
You are greatly Missed.
Rotate people!!!!!!!!

Also why isn't the police force heavily involved in the COIN OPS?

And why aren't people outraged by the casualties?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BruncleZuma: 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
tdayof:

Just confirmed it's the F7 equipment test station for Avionics.
Better grin grin grin grin would have been a waste to have any CH-3 to just sit there and gather dust.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
MikeCZA:
Rotate people!!!!!!!!

Did you see the discussion a few pages back about mortars? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
I think they can tweak our doctrines of weapon implementation

Just a section of 60mm mortar men and it could have saved the day
Cc: Frumentius come and yarn the mortar gospel

Don't see the point really. People have convinced themselves BH magically appeared at 50m and that mortars are useless.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
MikeCZA:
Rotate people!!!!!!!!

Few police force are involved in the CION OPS i:e those trained in North East Europe and some are trained in gwoza are also involved.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
frumentius:

Don't see the point really. People have convinced themselves BH magically appeared at 50m and that mortars are useless.
The main problem is it's obvious those guys had no mortar. Bokoharam has been shooting for minutes before they later advanced.

Government forces could have moved back to launch a counter attack with mortar.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
bidexiii:

Few police force are involved in the CION OPS i:e those trained in North East Europe and some are trained in gwoza are also involved.

Alot of them are also on the battle field.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
tdayof:

The main problem is it's obvious those guys had no mortar. Bokoharam has been shooting for minutes before they later advanced.

Government forces could have moved back to launch a counter attack with mortar.

I don't think the ground troops made attempt to lunch a counter or repell the attack.

The shilka would have made the BHT to retreat if put into good use. They just abandoned some hardware to those barstards.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
bidexiii:

Precision strike.

Rot in hell ............ grin

NAF should hunt the group that launched that recent attack. Destroy the howitzer and that 73mm.

What EO Pod is the CH3 using? That video quality is too bad.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2018
bidexiii:

I don't think the ground troops made attempt to lunch a counter or repell the attack.

The shilka would have made the BHT to retreat if put into good use. They just abandoned some hardware to those barstards.

Why did they abandone the hardware? They could have moved them you know? They left some MRAPS too.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
MikeCZA:

To the average Nigerian, those who die not being relatives are nothing but log of woods. I was once restrained by people when one stupid lad told me "the ones dying are nothing but statistics on a log book" undecided

There is a saying in Yoruba eni to ba kan lo mo Rough translation is "Its when you are affected you know the pain"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2018
bidexiii:

Most of them of av undergone CI/CT in TRADOC Niger state but it has been moved recently to Buniyaji in Yobe State.
CT/COIN has been moved to Buni Yadi ke Is that not the SF training school?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
Odunayaw:

CT/COIN Kotangora, SF school Buni yadi

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Kalapizim:
CT/COIN Kotangora, SF school Buni yadi
Aha! Apt
Just wanted to be sure I am not missing something in Bidexi's post
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Deway7575: 11:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
Thank you Mike. So many things we take for granted in Nigeria.
MikeCZA:
Rotate people!!!!!!!!

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
Odunayaw:

Yes.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:00am On Jan 18, 2018
tdayof:

Why did they abandone the hardware? They could have moved them you know? They left some MRAPS too.

I don't know why but it's a common trend in Nigeria army to abandon hardware when they are overwhelmed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 12:05am On Jan 18, 2018
Latest version; AC-130J with 105mm cannon.

Fat chance we might get any type of gunships...but with its incredible loiter time, it might be an incredible asset if we could get even a derivative of it such as the C 27 with capabilities for multiple roles can also in 4 hours be converted to the MC-27J as it is a modular platform.

Disappointing that despite our insurgencies (running into almost a decade) we are still collecting bits and bob from all over the planet.
Nothing stopped us from acquiring stop gap measures such as the Air tractors which could stay on for 6 hours. Heck, even an OV 10 Bronco might have done our job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.