Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3013733 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
iblawi:

But why is the military completely silence over the matter?
Seriously, it's very annoying.

That has always being our military ways.....too much secretes...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
bidexiii:

That has always being our military ways.....too much secretes...
We are still waiting. Maybe we would get good news when is budget is passed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
iblawi:

Gej didn't buy them too and the story has not changed either. All we have been hearing is Nigera will buy jf17 thunder and the military has always been mute about it.

Am sorry to dive into these, the past government did not approve any money for jf-17. The mi 35m ,mishak trainers and the 1st 3 jf-17 we all know that is official; his in 2016 budget and one of the reasons it will be coming late is because the budget was also passed lately.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
Mr Bidexii,

As far as I know, there's no ISHIT in WA, or at least in Nigeria. All I see are a bunch of desperate scumbags looking to gain some level of traction with any external terror group that might support them. With closed ranks amongst other member states like Cameroun and so, BH has seen very little to relatively insignificant levels of help coming their way.

Wasn't BH's correspondence found in Abbottabad amongst the documents carted away with Osama?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
Amid Boko Haram Insurgency, Nigeria To Buy JF-17 Thunder Fighter Jets From Pakistan For $25M

Nigeria plans to buy three JF-17 Thunder multirole fighter jets this year from Pakistan for $25 million, which would make the West African country the first export operator of the warplanes. The Nigerian government, led by President Muhammadu Buhari, has also set aside money to buy 10 PAC Super Mushshak basic trainers and two Mi-35M helicopters, Nigerian newspaper Punch reported Wednesday.

The local newspaper report cited a leaked copy of the fiscal 2016 budget, which Buhari presented to the National Assembly in December. Buhari reportedly proposed spending some $326 million to buy various combat aircraft, equipment, vehicles and ships in the current fiscal year, as the Nigerian military aims to defeat Boko Haram insurgents in the northeast.

Nigerian military officials have apparently been interested in obtaining the JF-17 since the 2014 International Defense Exhibition and Seminar in Karachi. During the exhibition, a Pakistani defense official said Nigeria was close to signing a contract for the fighter jets to upgrade its air force. But a deal was not immediately finalized, according to South Africa’s defenceWeb.

Sri Lanka has reportedly signed a deal with Pakistan for an initial eight JF-17 Thunder jets, as the two countries aim to boost defense cooperation. There has been no official confirmation of the agreement, though it has been widely reported, according to Defense News.

The JF-17 Thunder is a lightweight, single-engine, multirole combat aircraft developed jointly by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and China’s state-owned Chengdu Aircraft Corp. The jet is equipped with a 23 mm GSh-23-2 twin-barrel automatic cannon and can also be armed with air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles. The JF-17 Thunder is currently only in service in Pakistan, according to UPI.

http://www.ibtimes.com/amid-boko-haram-insurgency-nigeria-buy-jf-17-thunder-fighter-jets-pakistan-25m-2256924
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
BlackBaron:
Mr Bidexii,

As far as I know, there's no ISHIT in WA, or at least in Nigeria. All I see are a bunch of desperate scumbags looking to gain some level of traction with any external terror group that might support them. With closed ranks amongst other member states like Cameroun and so, BH has seen very little to relatively insignificant levels of help coming their way.

Wasn't BH's correspondence found in Abbottabad amongst the documents carted away with Osama?

Hmmmmmm.......... shocked smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 2:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
bidexiii:

Nope am talking about the blk 1, brave men are dying and we need air supremacy to keep pounding that sambisa forest till it turns to harsh. grin
pls mak dem no turn am to trash o,Fulani herdsmen need to move dere
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
#CTCION PICTURES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lionbite(m): 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
Abeg What Is The Primary Weapon Of The Nigerian Navy?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lionbite:
Abeg What Is The Primary Weapon Of The Nigerian Navy?

Primary Weapon - ak -47...

And the SF of the navy (SBSC) uses the tavor riffle.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
#CTCION

#AFSF

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
bidexiii:

Am sorry to dive into these, the past government did not approve any money for jf-17. The mi 35m ,mishak trainers and the 1st 3 jf-17 we all know that is official; his in 2016 budget and one of the reasons it will be coming late is because the budget was also passed lately.
Yes Bros you are right. At least NAF will receive new aircraft for the first time in many years.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
giles14:
pls mak dem no turn am to trash o,Fulani herdsmen need to move dere

Lol....... shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lionbite(m): 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
bidexiii:

Primary Weapon - ak -47...

And the SF of the navy (SBSC) uses the tavor riffle.
How Do You Apply For The Special Forces Of The Navy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lionbite:
How Do You Apply For The Special Forces Of The Navy

grin shocked ;Honestly I dont know, but u av to join the navy first and know the system. Then you work towards achieving ur goals. But Bros no forget naa sambisa straight immediately after ur SF TRAINING. lipsrsealed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lionbite(m): 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
bidexiii:

grin shocked ;Honestly I dont know, but u av to join the navy first and know the system. Then you work towards achieving ur goals. But Bros no forget naa sambisa straight immediately after ur SF TRAINING. lipsrsealed
Navy For Sambisa. No Be Only Water Be Their Jurisdiction, Wetin Dey Wan Find Go Sambisa?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lionbite:
Navy For Sambisa. No Be Only Water Be Their Jurisdiction, Wetin Dey Wan Find Go Sambisa?

LOL.... Avent u heard about the SBSC and there roles in the ongoing war in the north-east, the "AFSF " comprising of the navy,airforce & army. my advice is that you research and stick to threads like these.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lionbite:
LOL,am a silent follower but i just need to say something,bro,don't nurse the idea that NN are not involve in the war against terrorism,they abound in the NE,just follow this thread just like Oga bidexiii has advised,LOL.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lionbite:
Nigerian Navy now operate in Lake Chad.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:04am On Apr 27, 2016
TROOPS RECORD MORE VICTORY AGAINST TERRORISTS

In their continuous efforts of clearing the remnants of Boko Haram in various hideouts and enclaves, troops of 7 Brigade, 8 Task Force Division, have also embarked on clearance operations, since yesterday in which they cleared Boko Haram hideouts ahead of Gratte in Kukawa Local Government Area of Borno State.

During the clearance operation, the troops killed 7 Boko Haram terrorists including a notorious kingpin popularly known as the Albani of Monguno.

The troops also recovered 2 Vehicles, 7 motorcycles 1 AK-47 rifle, 2 Boko Haram terrorists hoisted flags, 3 vehicle tyres, 1 vulcanizing machine, 1 solar panel and bundles of chewing stick (Aswaki), which the terrorists believed has spiritual and medicinal values.

It is gratifying to report that the troops' morale remains high as they dominate the general area with a robust fighting patrol in continuation with the clearance operations.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:09am On Apr 27, 2016
Nigerian military raise alarm over new Boko Haram tactics

The Nigerian army has raised an alarm over the new tactics by Boko Haram terrorists to unleash terror on the people. The Defence Headquarters (DHQ), in a statement issued by Brigadier General Rabe Abubakar on Tuesday, April 26, noted that fleeing remnant terrorists are beginning to lay land mines on stretches of farm lands in the north eastern states.

The military noted that the terrorists have adopted the dastardly tactic in their desperation to unleash maximum terror on the people and they now operate with horses to carry out attacks on isolated villages and communities. “These latest tactics of the terrorists is a grand design to cause fear and panic among the farmers as well as the local populace. “While the military and other security forces are doing everything possible to neutralise these threats,” the statement read. He therefore called on the public to be mindful of strange and suspicious objects in their farmlands and localities and that they should be careful of people who ride on horses as they might be terrorists. Meanwhile, the Nigerian army in their intensified efforts to win the war against insurgency have killed 7 Boko Haram terrorists including a notorious kingpin known as Albani of Monguno. The troops of 7 Brigade, 8 Task Force Division who embarked on a clearance operation since Monday, April 25, cleared various hideouts of the insurgents ahead of Gratte in Kukawa local government area of Borno state. This was contained in a statement made available to the public by Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, the acting director army public relations.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 27, 2016
bidexiii:
Nigerian military raise alarm over new Boko Haram tactics
The Nigerian army has raised an alarm over the new tactics by Boko Haram terrorists to unleash terror on the people. The Defence Headquarters (DHQ), in a statement issued by Brigadier General Rabe Abubakar on Tuesday, April 26, noted that fleeing remnant terrorists are beginning to lay land mines on stretches of farm lands in the north eastern states.
The military noted that the terrorists have adopted the dastardly tactic in their desperation to unleash maximum terror on the people and they now operate with horses to carry out attacks on isolated villages and communities. “These latest tactics of the terrorists is a grand design to cause fear and panic among the farmers as well as the local populace. “While the military and other security forces are doing everything possible to neutralise these threats,” the statement read. He therefore called on the public to be mindful of strange and suspicious objects in their farmlands and localities and that they should be careful of people who ride on horses as they might be terrorists. Meanwhile, the Nigerian army in their intensified efforts to win the war against insurgency have killed 7 Boko Haram terrorists including a notorious kingpin known as Albani of Monguno. The troops of 7 Brigade, 8 Task Force Division who embarked on a clearance operation since Monday, April 25, cleared various hideouts of the insurgents ahead of Gratte in Kukawa local government area of Borno state. This was contained in a statement made available to the public by Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, the acting director army public relations.

i believe nigeria is missing a trick here

if u study counter insurgency operations in russia and india u would realize the 2nd stage operations after defeating the terrorist in 1st stage (primary) operations is to recruit local men (who have a reason to hate BH )and surrendered militants to form counter-terrorist groups.
they are offered money , political power , immunity etc depending on ur negotiation skills .

example chechen insurgency in russia , pakistani sponsored insurgency in kashmir and punjab

since these people r local and are well versed in BH mode of operations they will be able to penetrate BH network easily be it the BH logistics network , BH financial network or the BH command hierarchy .

empaneling these men with DSS operatives will able to halt and stop BH low intensity terror tactics which is targetted at the local population.

just my views.
thought i would pass the idea to u guys
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2016
Henry240:

Are you Nigerian?

does it matter ?

i think u may know me grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 8:09am On Apr 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

if u study counter insurgency operations in russia and india u would realize the 2nd stage operations after defeating the terrorist in 1st stage (primary) operations is to recruit local men (who have a reason to hate BH )and surrendered militants to form counter-terrorist groups.
they are offered money , political power , immunity etc depending on ur negotiation skills .

example chechen insurgency in russia , pakistani sponsored insurgency in kashmir and punjab

since these people r local and are well versed in BH mode of operations they will be able to penetrate BH network easily be it the BH logistics network , BH financial network or the BH command hierarchy .

empaneling these men with DSS operatives will able to halt and stop BH low intensity terror tactics which is targetted at the local population.

just my views.

Well, Nigeria is doing that, and even better. Or how do you think the Ansaru boss could be picked up just like a common criminal in Kogi? I can assure you that BH was has been penetrated. All these arrests and victories certainly have the hands of an insider, if not, NA would have run into many many ambushes.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

does it matter ?

i think u may know me grin

Yeah it does. It helps with better communication, Familiarisation. Questions could be asked based on your own experiences, and enlightened from your own P.O.V, no harm done
, just better informed.

Are you Oga Peccavi? Although the writing styles are different.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:30am On Apr 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

just my views.

Hmmm.....?
@nemesis2u wow, wow these is an eye opener honestly, actually the troops in the frontlines are fighting alongside with the locals /vigilante but from what I just deducted from what you said " locals who have all reasons to hate Boko Haram ", the word strike me. And truly that's what russia did in the Chen Chen hills, I don't know of the Indians.
And to some extent,russia is still using the same tactics in Ukraine, "the pro-russia". I have watched a couple of war going on in Ukraine you will know that those pro-russia hates the western ideology, NATO and European alliance and they are going to do everything not to be a part of it or stop it.

These is a brilliant and these is what the federal government needs when relocated IDP back to there villages. Tnks and these is a welcome idea.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2016
olapluto:

Well, Nigeria is doing that, and even better. Or how do you think the Ansaru boss could be picked up just like a common criminal in Kogi? I can assure you that BH was has been penetrated. All these arrests and victories certainly have the hands of an insider, if not, NA would have run into many many ambushes.

Yeap in terms of Intel gathering the locals are really trying and giving the DSS/military intelligence an edge. But what @nemesis2u is saying is boots/troops on ground fighting BH and to deliver a final blow that would totally crush BH and they would be heard of no more.

And if I get him correctly ; they should be recuited or giving proper military training and to be stationed in locals/villages of origination and well armed like d troops to face BH. There was a time I heard the military was to recruiting 1000 locals, I don't know if they are the vigilantes we see in light blue shirts or they are absorbed like the regular troops.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2016
INSURGENCY: NIGERIAN AIR FORCE SOLICITS UNITED STATES SUPPORT FOR TRAINING AND FLEET MAINTENANCE

The Nigerian Air Force is seeking necessary support from the United States to keep functional its US-made platforms employed in key roles in the fight against insurgency in Northeast Nigeria. The latest move is geared towards overcoming delay and hitches currently associated with equipment overhaul and provision of aircraft spares. The NAF is also seeking assistance in the area of training for pilots, engineers and other operations support specialists.

The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, during a recent official visit to the US met with the management of Lockheed Martin Corporation and Textron Aviation, the manufacturers of C-130H and Beechcraft King Air 350i aircraft respectively. The objective was to establish rapport with the concerned US authorities with a view to strengthening identified areas of mutual cooperation that would enhance NAF’s overall operational readiness and efforts in the on-going counter-insurgency operations.

Air Marshal Abubakar’s visit to the US is in the light of the delays that are currently being experienced in spares procurement, and is also at eliminating middlemen in the procurement chain. Furthermore, the visit to the companies will henceforth fast-track the procurement process and cut cost. The Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) visited promised to support the NAF and ensure prompt delivery of spares to Nigeria. The CAS team was conducted round the facilities visited.
‪#‎nigerianairforce‬

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:39am On Apr 27, 2016
#BATTLEFIELD NORTHEAST

1st two pictures are Nigeria troops with Cameroonian counterpart.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
combating insurgency is not a purely over the ground military initiative as commonly believed .

because the insurgents on military defeat simply go underground and resort to low intensity terror strike , even if one strike goes through of say 50 attempted , the cost in terms of life still becomes hard to bear.

problem with Nigeria is her porous borders , presently having poorly armed and ill trained( if any ) - vigilantes as second line of defense is working to an extent because of the presence of military in large numbers in the affected areas as the primary defender and real time responder .

the army primary responsibility is fighting conventional warfare , engaging in prolonged counter insurgency ops will take its toll on NA primary preparedness . at some point of time they will withdraw from CT ops after getting their present military objectives.BH also knows this

BH war fighting capability has been dented considerably so the moment they feel they cannot sustain their terror ops with a greater degree of freedom and movement they will disperse , mix with locals and cross the borders .

their covert supporters will simple go silent for a time.

they will simply disintegrate themselves into independent cells operating almost independently .

do u think a strike group of 15-20 well armed BH equipped with VBIED and PBIED can be stopped by these vigilantes armed with knives etc and zero training.
even at first contact high chances are that 8 out of 10 times the vigilanties will disperse under pressure

bidexii understood the psychological aspect

with due respect to vigilantes , a person who has personal reason to hate BH will go the extra length to eliminate it.

eg . in kashmir the terrorists crossing into kashmir were afghans and Pakistanis (ex mujahedin) they used to stay in forests and get into villages at night to get supplies food etc , however many started using force and sexually molesting the women (even terrorists have needs) , Indian intel started scouted the families of the affected and covertly did a psychological assessment weather the surveyed family members were motivated enough to go to any lengths to avenge their family honor . they sent feelers and instigated them and then selected members were trained and sent to Pakistani camps to join as terrorists that is become double agents.
this was very effective for a long time to come.

the russians were more brutal they targeted families of terrorists via the surrendered militants and their militias , so that international pressure does not fall on russian army as the acts of brutality can be blamed on unnamed splinter groups or supposed rogue militias , plausible deniability

this are examples of 2 of the hundreds available
ways are many , only u need to implement them.

porous border , insurgency prone neighboring countries , simmering tensions with Fulani who may or may not sympathize with bh , political complications , international terror linkage and spillage , geopolitical complications makes things very risky

its like u have doused the fire but the atmosphere is very gasoline (full of petrol fumes) a small tinder left will blows things very quickly again.

u need to keep the pressure on bh by stopping the capability of bh to strike the civilian centers , go for the nerve centers via surgirical strike,

ex-militants are already trained and aware of the tactics and given the right reasons will be more than a match for their former comrades

also a wolf knows the habit of a wolf and if the wolf is a shunned one he is more dangerous

i am proposing death squads like the SS of the nazis (discipline and military concept only) made of ex bh members and motivated / revengeful civilians for targeted strike at BH nodes. (the sri Lankans had many such death squads due to strong domestic political backing even international pressure failed to stop them)
or
i am proposing a dummy splinter group of BH made of ex bh members and motivated / revengeful civilians to sow seeds of confusion/desertion among lower cadre of BH apart from directly challenging BH all under the control of DSS , another plus point is that this dummy splinter BH can be used to manage / control undesirable politicians , businessmen with suspected bh links who otherwise are untouchable by law.
of course this goes without saying that everybody will be made to believe that the dummy splinter bh group under the control of intel agencies is for real -a break off rival BH group.

i hope u get my gist i cant be more clear some things are better not known.
welcome to the murky world of intelligence grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
nemesis2u:
combating insurgency is not a purely over the ground military initiative as commonly believed .

because the insurgents on military defeat simply go underground and resort to low intensity terror strike , even if one strike goes through of say 50 attempted , the cost in terms of life still becomes hard to bear.

problem with Nigeria is her porous borders , presently having poorly armed and ill trained( if any ) - vigilantes as second line of defense is working to an extent because of the presence of military in large numbers in the affected areas as the primary defender and real time responder .

the army primary responsibility is fighting conventional warfare , engaging in prolonged counter insurgency ops will take its toll on NA primary preparedness . at some point of time they will withdraw from CT ops after getting their present military objectives.BH also knows this

BH war fighting capability has been dented considerably so the moment they feel they cannot sustain their terror ops with a greater degree of freedom and movement they will disperse , mix with locals and cross the borders .

their covert supporters will simple go silent for a time.

they will simply disintegrate themselves into independent cells operating almost independently .

do u think a strike group of 15-20 well armed BH equipped with VBIED and PBIED can be stopped by these vigilantes armed with knives etc and zero training.
even at first contact high chances are that 8 out of 10 times the vigilanties will disperse under pressure

bidexii understood the psychological aspect

with due respect to vigilantes , a person who has personal reason to hate BH will go the extra length to eliminate it.

eg . in kashmir the terrorists crossing into kashmir were afghans and Pakistanis (ex mujahedin) they used to stay in forests and get into villages at night to get supplies food etc , however many started using force and sexually molesting the women (even terrorists have needs) , Indian intel started scouted the families of the affected and covertly did a psychological assessment weather the surveyed family members were motivated enough to go to any lengths to avenge their family honor . they sent feelers and instigated them and then selected members were trained and sent to Pakistani camps to join as terrorists that is become double agents.
this was very effective for a long time to come.

the russians were more brutal they targeted families of terrorists via the surrendered militants and their militias , so that international pressure does not fall on russian army as the acts of brutality can be blamed on unnamed splinter groups or supposed rogue militias , plausible deniability

this are examples of 2 of the hundreds available
ways are many , only u need to implement them.

porous border , insurgency prone neighboring countries , simmering tensions with Fulani who may or may not sympathize with bh , political complications , international terror linkage and spillage , geopolitical complications makes things very risky

its like u have doused the fire but the atmosphere is very gasoline (full of petrol fumes) a small tinder left will blows things very quickly again.

u need to keep the pressure on bh by stopping the capability of bh to strike the civilian centers , go for the nerve centers via surgirical strike,

ex-militants are already trained and aware of the tactics and given the right reasons will be more than a match for their former comrades

also a wolf knows the habit of a wolf and if the wolf is a shunned one he is more dangerous

i am proposing death squads like the SS of the nazis (discipline and military concept only) made of ex bh members and motivated / revengeful civilians for targeted strike at BH nodes. (the sri Lankans had many such death squads due to strong domestic political backing even international pressure failed to stop them)
or
i am proposing a dummy splinter group of BH made of ex bh members and motivated / revengeful civilians to sow seeds of confusion/desertion among lower cadre of BH apart from directly challenging BH all under the control of DSS , another plus point is that this dummy splinter BH can be used to manage / control undesirable politicians , businessmen with suspected bh links who otherwise are untouchable by law.
of course this goes without saying that everybody will be made to believe that the dummy splinter bh group under the control of intel agencies is for real -a break off rival BH group.

i hope u get my gist i cant be more clear some things are better not known.
welcome to the murky world of intelligence grin

Wow wow wow a lot of sense and intelligence here mate

Firstly the Nigeria armed force on the frontlines are doing a nice job; but the truth is that we are far from being a better trained; that I can call a standard or professional army. Some factors are also contributing to these also ; we are I'll- equiped, honestly what I hate most his seeing our armed forces in sambisa forest with those hilux vehicles and honestly to me is an act of wickedness by our lawmakers /goverment.

On our porous borders that is a big challenge for our forces, take for example I have the privilege to av worked in some border villages in Borno state,take for example a village called "kekeno" that shares a border line with niger republic. Kekeno on itself is almost the size of Lagos mainland & highland. You cant checkmate all activities going on, on these porous borders like i:e mogundu, malam fatori , Marte etc .permit if I don't get there spellings right . With don't av the equipment and resources to checkmate of these cancerous activity. Even if we deploy drones can we we operate them on a daily bases 365 days of a year. The answer is a BIG NO.

That leaves us primarily with the objectives of protecting smaller and isolated villages first . BH has resulted into a gorilla warfare, jungle ambush and all forms of I.E.D deployment, which they are taking advantage of greatly because soldiers r being stationed all over these affected areas in the north east which makes them prone to such attack .locals recruited must be equipped, properly trained whith there understanding of there terrain and surroundings, it will go along way to stop terrorists activities in there area and don't forget as u rightly said these set of locals must be ROOTLESS, Infact that should be part of there watch- word.

Not sharing Information and lack of trust between countries that share borders/fighting insurgency is another major setback especially Chad republic. Before the advent of BH, CHAD has always being a breading ground for terrorist activities. I don't have any diplomatic solution to these but something has to be done if it means invading Chad, just kidding.

On the issue of recruiting ex-bh members, revengeful locals couple with DSS COVERT agents, the problem is that our armed forces is taking too much after western/european tactics which will never succeed. Tell me where they av not failed i.e afggan,irag, syria etc. We av to turn to russia and Sri Lanka for help. In tackling insurgents u av to be ROOTLESS & BRUTAL. And I don't see that in us for now. These western and European friends as nothing to offer, the earlier the better if our government/military realizes these.

At @nemesis2u these particular comments is of great value, u'v really made my day with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
Mr bidexii
Nigeria needs a proper border up north simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.