Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (2976907 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 7:19am On May 18, 2016
Iblawi1:

Well analysed

Two internal guns
With endurance of 8 hours.
Can carry wide range of weapons just like many other fighter jet AAM, ASM, PGM, cluster bombs etc.

What else can 1 ask from a low cost fighter dedicated for COIN.

It is actually the best for choice for Nigeria and other African countries currently.

Oga Henry and Iblawi1 una no hear say na basic configuration them wan sell for us?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 7:29am On May 18, 2016
Fynline:

Oga Henry and Iblawi1 una no hear say na basic configuration them wan sell for us?

Lol
Bros I no hear that one o. But what we listed are basics configuration of super tucano which is different from EMB312 tucano.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:55am On May 18, 2016
TROOPS RAID CATTLE RUSTLERS AND ARMED BANDITS CAMP AT YAN MANGU FOREST

On Tuesday 17th May 2016, troops of 1 Brigade Nigerian Army operating under the auspices of Operation MESA in Zamfara State, raided suspected cattle rustlers and armed bandits camp at Yan Mangu forest, near Dandindin village, Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

The troops also arrested 2 bandits and recovered 1 AK-47 rifle, 1 AK-47 rifle magazine loaded with 7 rounds of 7.62mm (Special) ammunitions, 3 locally made guns and 1 motorcycle.

The two suspects were arrested while attempting to flee from the camps. Nevertheless, the troops have destroyed all the bandits’ camps in the forest and are further dominating the general area and other flash points with raids and patrols.

The public are kindly requested to continue to be more security conscious and report any suspicious movement or persons to the nearest security agencies.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:02am On May 18, 2016
UPDATE ON OPERARION CRACKDOWN: TROOPS CLEAR NJIMIA CAMP IN SAMBISA FOREST

In continuation with the special clearance and rescue operations otherwise known as Operation CRACKDOWN, within the Sambisa forest, troops of 7 Division have yesterday Tuesday, 17th May 2016, cleared Boko Haram terrorists out of their Njimia camp within Sambisa forest.

While advancing earlier in the morning on the same day, the troops also cleared Boko Haram terrorists camps at Alafa, where they encountered heavy resistance from Boko Haram terrorists and killed 15 of them.

The troops continued their advance through Alafa Main, Alafa Extension and Alafa Yaga-yaga, where they cleared remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists hibernating there before arriving at their main objective, Njimia.

Apart from destroying the camps, the troops rescued 41 hostages who were mostly women and children. The troops also recovered 2 Dane Guns, several vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles belonging to the terrorists.

One significant aspect of this feat today was the combination of ground forces assault, Nigerian Air Force Jets provision for combat air support and monitoring of the operation directly by the Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brigadier General Victor Ezugwu on board Air Force reconnaissance aircraft.

It is gratifying to note that no casualty was recorded by own troops through the conduct of this operation.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:07am On May 18, 2016
MORE

***********DISTURBING IMAGES***********.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:10am On May 18, 2016
MORE........

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 10:08am On May 18, 2016
The Tucano news is great. whether basic or advanced it adds to the overworked fleet of alfa jets we have today in the area of close air support and other ground attack functions.

However the one wey de pain me since the boko haram crises start is the plenty verbal reference to self reliance with minimal material contribution towards it.
All of these platforms will be meaningless without basic spares, and basic munitions. At the height of the Boko haram advances in 2013/2014, there was a long period when we ran out of bombs, rockets etc for our choppers and jets and of course our good friends USA made it impossible for us to source replenishments.
Pilots would go on patrol, see BH massing for attacks and they could only muster a few strafing runs before they would run out of ammunition. BH soon understood and would freeze for the few minutes before the jets ran out of ammo and continue their advance once the jet ran out of fuel.

For me we must invest in ability to produce basic bombs and rockets, artillery shells etc. The technology behind these things have not changed significantly since WW2. Why are we making no palpable efforts to advance in these areas?

To be honest it is even shameful that we have to import armed trainer aircraft at this point, almost 30 years after our successful experiments with the Nigerian designed and assembled air Beetle. If we were serious how come we have not built on that successful experiment and upgraded it?? Don't be surprised that we will be scrambling to import APCs in 10 years time, while our locally designed and assembled Igirigi APC is abandoned (Infact talk true when last did you see or hear about it in the last 1 year).

Why are we not able to earmark even 10% of our total defense procurement budget for local arms industry development How do we plan to grow without self sufficiency??

Conflict is brewing in the Niger Delta now, i can see us learning the same painful lessons all over again.

I have said this before on this and other fora, and i no go tire to dey repeat am until somebody somewhere hear!!!

iblawi:

Lol
Bros I no hear that one o. But what we listed are basics configuration of super tucano which is different from EMB312 tucano.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 10:35am On May 18, 2016
I hear a new system of purchases is in the offing.
Everything would be public tender and companies vying for contracts would be scrutinised. So less risk of misdemeanours of giving out over inflated contracts to friends and cronies like Dasuki and others.

I hope this would be the norm to have a better equipped army. I can't deal with the fact that the country has so much internal security issues, from the tips of the Sahara to the oil rich southern coastline. Lack of appropriate hardwares fitting the varied environments are part of the core issues affecting the armed forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:52am On May 18, 2016
#AFSF/CION PICTURES....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:27am On May 18, 2016
BlackBaron:
I hear a new system of purchases is in the offing.
Everything would be public tender and companies vying for contracts would be scrutinised. So less risk of misdemeanours of giving out over inflated contracts to friends and cronies like Dasuki and others.

I hope this would be the norm to have a better equipped army. I can't deal with the fact that the country has so much internal security issues, from the tips of the Sahara to the oil rich southern coastline. Lack of appropriate hardwares fitting the varied environments are part of the core issues affecting the armed forces.

The delay in signing the 2016 bill, his one of the major reasons why the contracts are also not being made public. And has you rightly said I pray they stick to such open practice.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rugged7(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2016
Americans are not to be trusted.

AT ALL...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/18/opinion/block-the-sale-of-warplanes-to-nigeria.html?smid=tw-share

SergeAlain:
The Tucano news is great. whether basic or advanced it adds to the overworked fleet of alfa jets we have today in the area of close air support and other ground attack functions.

However the one wey de pain me since the boko haram crises start is the plenty verbal reference to self reliance with minimal material contribution towards it.
All of these platforms will be meaningless without basic spares, and basic munitions. At the height of the Boko haram advances in 2013/2014, there was a long period when we ran out of bombs, rockets etc for our choppers and jets and of course our good friends USA made it impossible for us to source replenishments.
Pilots would go on patrol, see BH massing for attacks and they could only muster a few strafing runs before they would run out of ammunition. BH soon understood and would freeze for the few minutes before the jets ran out of ammo and continue their advance once the jet ran out of fuel.

For me we must invest in ability to produce basic bombs and rockets, artillery shells etc. The technology behind these things have not changed significantly since WW2. Why are we making no palpable efforts to advance in these areas?

To be honest it is even shameful that we have to import armed trainer aircraft at this point, almost 30 years after our successful experiments with the Nigerian designed and assembled air Beetle. If we were serious how come we have not built on that successful experiment and upgraded it?? Don't be surprised that we will be scrambling to import APCs in 10 years time, while our locally designed and assembled Igirigi APC is abandoned (Infact talk true when last did you see or hear about it in the last 1 year).

Why are we not able to earmark even 10% of our total defense procurement budget for local arms industry development How do we plan to grow without self sufficiency??

Conflict is brewing in the Niger Delta now, i can see us learning the same painful lessons all over again.

I have said this before on this and other fora, and i no go tire to dey repeat am until somebody somewhere hear!!!

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:54pm On May 18, 2016
rugged7:
Americans are not to be trusted.
AT ALL...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/18/opinion/block-the-sale-of-warplanes-to-nigeria.html?smid=tw-share
Americans are just bunch of arrogant, self-centred fools. Imaging them accusing our soldier of rape. I swear if I were Buhari, I will wait for their senate to approve the sale then reject the offer.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:39pm On May 18, 2016
Henry240:

YES & NO.

However we do not have a choice. It would be folly to also say that the fight against the insurgency is in extra-time. With attacks in Tunisia, Algeria, Mali, Ivory Coast, Burkina-Faso, Egypt, Libya, Niger, Chad and Cameroun. Nothing is in extra-time.

We need those Super Tucano air crafts. Our Alpha-Jets are no good, ordinarily they should be transfered to the museum(not a joke), used to create an Air Force Acrobatics Team or sold off to private individuals.

Let them say whatever they want to say, fact we cannot expel is the fact that the A-29 Super Tucano is the world's best COIN aircraft.

The JF-17 is a nice plane, but it isn't a COIN based aircraft. We have roles for the JF-17, Super Tucano and Super Mushak in our air force.

On long haul flights, the JF-17 has to carry 2 fuel drops, with 7 hard-points that leaves us with only 5 hard-points, when we take out the wing-tips which are the exclusive reserve of AAMs, we are left with only 3 hard-points.

The Super Tucano on the other hand is Turbo-prop (far less fuel consumption than a jet engine), dedicated COIN air craft and can provide up to 5 hours of loiter time.
Bruh...wat I mean is ..if we need it..we know d way to embraer in Brazil na....dz mofos r glory hunting walahi
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 18, 2016
Odunayaw:
Bruh...wat I mean is ..if we need it..we know d way to embraer in Brazil na....dz mofos r glory hunting walahi

The thing is, 70% of those parts we are going to get from Brazil are actually from America not Brazil. So ether way, we are fvckd!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:56pm On May 18, 2016
Henry240:

The thing is, 70% of those parts we are going to get from Brazil are actually from America not Brazil. So ether way, we are fvckd!!
lol...true tho
but me just hate d way US r now bringing it to d table like fried rice...sooner or later...de will tell us when to fly it,how high to fly it and all...If Nigeria don't want to b in soup again...we had better acquire some skills on doing in-house repairs and weaponisation....A sentence is enuf for Arochukwu!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 18, 2016
Xbee007:
Americans are just bunch of arrogant, self-centred fools. Imaging them accusing our soldier of rape. I swear if I were Buhari, I will wait for their senate to approve the sale then reject the offer.

This is the most brilliant sentence i've read all year.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 18, 2016
Odunayaw:
lol...true tho
but me just hate d way US r now bringing it to d table like fried rice...sooner or later...de will tell us when to fly it,how high to fly it and all...If Nigeria don't want to b in soup again...we had better acquire some skills on doing in-house repairs and weaponisation....A sentence is enuf for Arochukwu!

It's a cute little plane though.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:47pm On May 18, 2016
Henry240:

It's a cute little plane though.
reading up its specs makes me love it more... but I can't forget d evil nri devils behind it!..preempting american craziness is d beginning of wisdom
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:20pm On May 18, 2016
Henry240:

This is the most brilliant sentence i've read all year.

Seconded........ grin grin angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:27pm On May 18, 2016
UPDATE ON THE RESCUE OF ABDUCTED CHIBOK SCHOOL GIRL

Please recall that we informed you that one of the abducted Chibok school girls has been rescued earlier today and promised to give further details.
Further to that, in continuation of Operation CRACKDOWN, troops of 25 Brigade Damboa in conjunction with Civilian JTF deployed in one of the blocking positions at Baale, near Damboa rescued one Miss Amina Ali and a suspected Boko Haram terrorist, Mohammed Hayatu, who claimed to be her husband. Both were brought to Headquarters 25 Task Force Brigade Damboa at about 2.30pm today. Preliminary investigation shows that she is indeed one of the abducted Chibok School girls abducted by Boko Haram terrorists on 14th April 2014 in Chibok and her name is Amina Ali as against Falmata Mbalala that was earlier stated. In addition, she is a nursing mother with a 4 month old baby girl who was named Safiya. Both the suspected Boko Haram terrorist and the nursing mother have been taken to Maiduguri for further medical attention and screening.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:57pm On May 18, 2016
RESCUED CHIBOK GIRL HANDED OVER TO BORNO STATE GOVERNOR

The rescued Chibok school girl, Amina Ali, was airlifted by Nigeria Air Force Super Puma aircraft from Damboa to Maiduguri alongside her baby and supposed husband, Mohammed Hayatu.

Prior to that they were examined at Air Force medical facility and were found to be stable and normal blood pressure was observed.

Thereafter, she was released to the Operation LAFIYA DOLE headquarters for further investigation and handing over.

After preliminary investigation, the rescued girl and her baby has been handed over to Borno State Governor, His Excellency, Honourable Kashim Shetima, at Government house, Maiduguri this evening by the Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brigadier General Victor Ezugwu in a brief ceremony.

It is believed that she will be brought to Abuja tomorrow along with her parents to meet with Mr President.

Meanwhile, the supposed husband is undergoing further investigation at Joint Intelligence Centre. It should be noted that Mohammed Hayatu is well treated in line with Operation LAFIYA DOLE Rules of Engagement regarding insurgents who voluntarily surrender to the military.

Thank you for your kind and usual cooperation.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:43am On May 19, 2016
Fynline:

Basic config could mean, it would be able to fire PGMs, it comes with Recon capabilities, basically a similar aircraft to what Afghanistan got. However it won't be able to carry out EW, ELINT or SIGNIT like the more advanced versions.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 6:31am On May 19, 2016
Henry240:

On long haul flights, the JF-17 has to carry 2 fuel drops, with 7 hard-points that leaves us with only 5 hard-points, when we take out the wing-tips which are the exclusive reserve of AAMs, we are left with only 3 hard-points.

The Super Tucano on the other hand is Turbo-prop (far less fuel consumption than a jet engine), dedicated COIN air craft and can provide up to 5 hours of loiter time.
You can still carry 6 bombs or more with those 3 hard points.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:10am On May 19, 2016
MikeCZA:
You can still carry 6 bombs or more with those 3 hard points.

If you add the recon pod, you're left with just 2 hard points. If the hard points are designed with double racks, 4 bombs can be carried, if not only 2 bombs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:33am On May 19, 2016
FACILITY TOUR: CAS INSPECTS COMPLETED AND ON-GOING PROJECTS

The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Baba Abubakar has embarked on inspection visit of completed and on-going projects in Nigerian Air Force (NAF) units across the country. The NAF, under the current administration, has its focus on capacity building and personnel welfare with a view to enhancing service delivery. Thus, the NAF in recent time is placing renewed emphasis on massive infrastructural developments to enhance the quality of the workplace and living conditions. The projects, targeted at improving the general welfare of personnel and dependants, include upgrade of existing facilities and provision of new ones. Sufficient attention is also given to provision of quality healthcare delivery and promotion of physical fitness among personnel for the attainment of NAF objectives.

While on a recent visit to Tactical Air Command Makurdi, the CAS harped on the imperative of maintaining standards, by adhering to scope and technical specifications, in the execution of projects. Air Marshal Abubakar was in Makurdi to inspect research and development, as well as completed and on-going construction projects in the Command. The CAS stated that “the decision to partner with a number of indigenous universities and research institutions was to promote self-reliance in the NAF while reducing gradually the dependence on foreign sources for basic requirements”. This, the CAS noted, has become necessary in the face of dwindling resources. On-going R&grin projects inspected by the CAS include the indigenous reactivation of a mobile lox plant and F-7Ni radar test bench. Among the construction projects inspected were operational facility, living quarters for officers and men, and sporting facility in the Command.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:37am On May 19, 2016
MORE........

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:50am On May 19, 2016
NEW FACILITIES NAMED AFTER FALLEN HEROES

In furtherance of the ongoing efforts to enhance operational effectiveness and service delivery, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has commissioned new sets of facilities in its units at Makurdi and Benin City. Some of the newly commissioned projects were named after deceased personnel who died in the ongoing counterinsurgency operation in Northeast Nigeria. Those honoured with the recent projects are Flight Lieutenant Ebitimi Owei and Flight Sergeant Awodi Emmanuel Adakole who died on 10 October 2015 and 25 August 2015 respectively.

The newly provided facilities in Makurdi include a Bulk Fuel Installation (BFI) with 2,000,000 litres capacity, crew/briefing room for F-7Ni pilots, 12 units of 3-bedroom flats for Senior Non-Commissioned Officers, and sporting facilities for the use of NAF personnel, family members and host community. Also, a block of 4 units of 3-bedroom flats was commissioned for officers serving at the 81 Air Maritime Group, Benin.

Meanwhile, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Baba Abubakar has called on the beneficiaries of the new facilities to reciprocate the gesture by the Federal Government, who made the necessary funds available for the projects, by rededicating themselves to their duties. Air Marshal Abubakar reminded the personnel that “the whole essence of government’s commitment to their welfare is to bring out the best in them”. He therefore urged them to remain selfless and committed in the pursuit of their assigned statutory duties”. The CAS was represented at both occasion by the Chief of Policy and Plans, Air Vice Marshal James Gbum

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:52am On May 19, 2016
MORE.......

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:11am On May 19, 2016
OFF TOPIC....

Get Ready, NATO: Russia's Cold War T-72 Tank Is Set for a Big Upgrade

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/get-ready-nato-russias-cold-war-t-72-tank-set-big-upgrade-15642
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:20am On May 19, 2016
#CTCION PICTURES

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:41am On May 19, 2016
#LETS GO..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:52pm On May 19, 2016
@henry
I just took my time today to read about the "Tucano jet" ; I never knew it's a very awesome bird that has seing much action in war/CION and incredible payload,avionic system and armament.

My question is why would our top brass hesitate to go to Embraer Defense and Security in Brazil and get these affordable/cost efficient jets. I mean these is a jet that has a beautiful performance to its credentials;

Afghan,
Braszil;"anti-farc military operations"
Chile,
Colombia,
Dominican Republic,
Ecuador and even united states...etc.

So why av we being waiting all these years, if united states refuse then let's get our brown new from Brazil.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (2198) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.