Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3001038 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:19am On May 20, 2016
@giles14 I see U............. grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 9:45am On May 20, 2016
bidexiii:
@giles14 I see U............. grin grin
oga boss Na wetin I do
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 9:46am On May 20, 2016
rugged7:

If Jonathan didn't buy any weapons then what magnitude of firepower was seized from the military bases
Pray tell, where did I write Jonathan never bought any weapons?
The issue here's how so much money was possible for hardware buying and how little was bought.
The budget for the Airforce over the last few years should have us flying a healthy bunch of fighter fixed wing and rotary assets. Yet we got 2 more alpha jets and more helicopters in 4 years.

I'm not sure why you're so pained on this issue. Are you for the army or you're just another political jobber with bits of interest in military issues still pained Jonathan got kicked. I'll call out Jonathan just as I'd call out Buhari in aspects like this.

Buhari, if he doesn't fix up would get kicked out by 2019 for all I care. Besides that, it's only early days, let's see what comes of Buhari's acquisition.

Sorry Bidexiii, your thread got derailed a bit.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rugged7(m): 9:49am On May 20, 2016
Bros, i am waiting...
But you all still didn't answer my questions.
I am not a hater of buhari. I dislike Jonathan just as much.
I will be the 1st to ask that military officers who embezzled money should get a bullet in the head.
BUT, too much subterfuge, innuendo, lies, deceit and perfidy going on right now.
I am tired
My last take and then i will shut up.
When white people start praising and clapping for an African leader...
Be very very Wary...
I will now shut up.
I still hail ur good work Oga Bidexiii

bidexiii:

You wait and see the the procurement coming up...not some rusty-72.
My only pain is those bokos will not be able to taste the wrath of those machines...?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:00am On May 20, 2016
BlackBaron:

Pray tell, where did I write Jonathan never bought any weapons?
The issue here's how so much money was possible for hardware buying and how little was bought.
The budget for the Airforce over the last few years should have us flying a healthy bunch of fighter fixed wing and rotary assets. Yet we got 2 more alpha jets and more helicopters in 4 years.

I'm not sure why you're so pained on this issue. Are you for the army or you're just another political jobber with bits of interest in military issues still pained Jonathan got kicked. I'll call out Jonathan just as I'd call out Buhari in aspects like this.

Buhari, if he doesn't fix up would get kicked out by 2019 for all I care. Besides that, it's only early days, let's see what comes of Buhari's acquisition.

Sorry Bidexiii, your thread got derailed a bit.

How much was released by the ministry of finance for acquisition of assets?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 10:35am On May 20, 2016
Henry240:

spot on,I am not in support of corruption but wen accusing someone hav ur facts.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:42am On May 20, 2016
Honestly let's be sincere with ourselves.....

And with our wealth of knowledge on military issues, should with not av modern MBT's, IFV's, 3rd/4th gen jets in our inventory!!! I mean let's call a spade a spade... these military chiefs, advisers & ministers r thieves, point blank .... angry angry angry

R u telling me that these people do not embezzle funds meant for military procurement.

@henry ; $2.1 billion was released to fight BH, apart from the normal annual military budget.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:44am On May 20, 2016
Henry240:

Where or what r u driving at..........?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:47am On May 20, 2016
THESE HIS TRAGIC............ cry cry cry

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:51am On May 20, 2016
#BATTLE FIELD PICTURES.......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 10:55am On May 20, 2016
bidexiii:
Are these official issues? This is as good as wearing a turban. No protection whatsoever.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 11:06am On May 20, 2016
bidexiii:

And with our wealth of knowledge on military issues, should with not av modern MBT's, IFV's, 3rd/4th gen jets in our inventory!!! I mean let's call a spade a spade... these military chiefs, advisers & ministers r thieves, point blank .... angry angry angry

R u telling me that these people do not embezzle funds meant for military procurement.

@henry ; $2.1 billion was released to fight BH, apart from the normal annual military budget.
well calling a spade a spad shouldn't be based on dem say theory.u are still citing $2.1b wen d new govt says it's $15b leave all does story.if u want to fight corruption let dem do it and stop making excuses.

even d former late NSA his house in Lagos should be called to question.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2016
bidexiii:
looks like a shoot from a sniper
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:23am On May 20, 2016
bidexiii:

Where is your evidence?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:24am On May 20, 2016
giles14:
spot on,I am not in support of corruption but wen accusing someone hav ur facts.

It isn't a difficult question.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 11:30am On May 20, 2016
Henry240:

It isn't a difficult question.
atal we Nigerian enjoy it most,giving sentence without finding the accused guilty
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:48am On May 20, 2016
It was a through n through. More like putting an ordinary sack to stop a bullet traveling at the speed of sound!
bidexiii:
Hope no one was wearing it during the shot.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 11:55am On May 20, 2016
If you want to know how much was budgeted, I'd wish there were copies of the defence budget one could reference.
Budgit only has one of the past 5 years available for Jonathan's.

2012's budget for defence and security then was a colossal $6 billion (of course included salaries and overheads for all)
2013-2014 saw very little by way of set aside funds for defence procurement. However it included procurement for 6 Mil 35s and activation of L39 fighter jets. Despite that, 2014 was the year Arthur Eze got ousted for a crazily inflated deal to get cobra choppers which got cancelled. Same 2014 was the year an extra $1 billion was mooted for hardware procurement by Jonathan in the wake of BH's attacks then.

2012 ~ $6 billion
2013 ~ $2+ billion
2014 ~ $2+ billion (+$1 billion extra budgetary allocation for hardware procurement)
2015 ~ don't know the figures

These figures includes salaries and more including budgets for all other expenses.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 20, 2016
BlackBaron:
If you want to know how much was budgeted, I'd wish there were copies of the defence budget one could reference.
Budgit only has one of the past 5 years available for Jonathan's.

2012's budget for defence and security then was a colossal $6 billion (of course included salaries and overheads for all)
2013-2014 saw very little by way of set aside funds for defence procurement. However it included procurement for 6 Mil 35s and activation of L39 fighter jets. Despite that, 2014 was the year Arthur Eze got ousted for a crazily inflated deal to get cobra choppers which got cancelled. Same 2014 was the year an extra $1 billion was mooted for hardware procurement by Jonathan in the wake of BH's attacks then.

2012 ~ $6 billion
2013 ~ $2+ billion
2014 ~ $2+ billion (+$1 billion extra budgetary allocation for hardware procurement)
2015 ~ don't know the figures

You keep brandishing figures about, while likely hoping that somehow they would turn out right.

However, you've made a lot of comments but have unfortunately said nothing.

The question still remains, how much was released by the ministry of finance to the ONSA or Defence ministry?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 12:05pm On May 20, 2016
Henry240:

You keep brandishing figures about, while likely hoping that somehow they would turn out right.

However, you've made a lot of comments but have unfortunately said nothing.

The question still remains, how much was released by the ministry of finance to the ONSA or Defence ministry?

And I'll know that because I signed the cheques?

Onus is on you to prove they didn't receive no or little of what was budgeted for
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 12:12pm On May 20, 2016
Henry240:

Where is your evidence?
The evidence is that some of those he mentioned have returned money they got from the loot. Even the 1 that collected money for spiritual prayers. If the $2.1 billion was a scam, EFCC wouldn't have retrieved anything from anyone.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 20, 2016
BlackBaron:

And I'll know that because I signed the cheques?

Onus is on you to prove they didn't receive no or little of what was budgeted for

You are making claims you can't prove, yet are comfortable dolling out figures.

When you accuse Mr A of theft, you should provide all the evidence you have against Mr A.

It is outright lunatic to accuse Mr A of theft, then go on to say he should provide evidence that he didn't receive the full funds. When you, the accuser haven't even been able to proof that you gave Mr A all requested sum.

I can't say you stole 1,000 naira i asked you to keep for me, when i can't even proof that i even gave you 1,000 naira in the first place.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 20, 2016
iblawi:

The evidence is that some of those he mentioned have returned money they got from the loot. Even the 1 that collected money for spiritual prayers. If the $2.1 billion was a scam, EFCC wouldn't have retrieved anything from anyone.

So, why don't you show common evidence of $2.1 billion, why is this so difficult?

People returning money equals $2.1 billion?

I'm not saying there is no looted fund, or mismanaged fund, I'm asking you to provide evidence that $2.1 billion was. released, stolen and mismanaged.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 12:51pm On May 20, 2016
Henry240:

You are making claims you can't prove, yet are comfortable dolling out figures.
When you accuse Mr A of theft, you should provide all the evidence you have against Mr A.
It is outright lunatic to accuse Mr A of theft, then go on to say he should provide evidence that he didn't receive the full funds. When you, the accuser haven't even been able to proof that you gave Mr A all requested sum.
I can't say you stole 1,000 naira i asked you to keep for me, when i can't even proof that i even gave you 1,000 naira in the first place.
Oh great!
Now I've heard it all...

Was expecting better retorts to be honest.
My initial question was 'why the previous government was lax'... Goal posts got moved to how about what Mr Buhari bought and now to prove how much was given to them by ONSA or Finance Ministry (so a case can be proven against them)

Pilfering of liquid funds 'allocated' is what we are talking about here. I don't belong to the crew of $2.1 billion embezzlement believers. Rather I'm all for knowing the percentage of released funds that got utilised for the actual purpose it was meant for.
Sir, by all means...Since you asked me a question, I'm guessing you know, please reel out what got released and got used.

Simples.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:11pm On May 20, 2016
olapluto:

Are these official issues? This is as good as wearing a turban. No protection whatsoever.

That's a standard ballistic helmet; definitely it was hit by an HMG/AA (20mm or larger rounds of ammo).
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:20pm On May 20, 2016
giles14:
well calling a spade a spad shouldn't be based on dem say theory.u are still citing $2.1b wen d new govt says it's $15b leave all does story.if u want to fight corruption let dem do it and stop making excuses.

even d former late NSA his house in Lagos should be called to question.

Why do u always deviate to economic issues.

You r right obanikoro should also be behind bars. Trust the thieves left the country immediately buhari was sworn in. Trust be me he can run forever. Jonathan should also be questioned also becos he should av monitored the money, so it will be judiciously spent.

Now u r talking.......
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:34pm On May 20, 2016
Henry240:

Where is your evidence?

You r tye most funniest dude.

Can u be arrested on what u did not collect from someone?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:42pm On May 20, 2016
Henry240:

So, why don't you show common evidence of $2.1 billion, why is this so difficult?

People returning money equals $2.1 billion?

I'm not saying there is no looted fund, or mismanaged fund, I'm asking you to provide evidence that $2.1 billion was. released, stolen and mismanaged.

What evidence did you want henry, cos I don't understand the "so called evidence" u r asking for.........?

Those military chiefs, NSA adviser, minster and other top politicians over did it, they would av procured better equipment then influence the price.

But these time around they just diverted 70-80 % of tye money to private account, the evidence is there use ur Google. The only painful thing is that they will sweep it under the carpet and nigerians will forget the whole issue.

Amosun hehe former CAS has being cooperating returning some stolen funds, while the CDS badeh is still doing "strong head".

The only military chief that is to some extent clean is the COAS minimah.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:45pm On May 20, 2016
BlackBaron:

Oh great!
Now I've heard it all...

Was expecting better retorts to be honest.
My initial question was 'why the previous government was lax'... Goal posts got moved to how about what Mr Buhari bought and now to prove how much was given to them by ONSA or Finance Ministry (so a case can be proven against them)

Pilfering of liquid funds 'allocated' is what we are talking about here. I don't belong to the crew of $2.1 billion embezzlement believers. Rather I'm all for knowing the percentage of released funds that got utilised for the actual purpose it was meant for.
Sir, by all means...Since you asked me a question, I'm guessing you know, please reel out what got released and got used.

Simples.

True "yarn" mate.........
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:50pm On May 20, 2016
bidexiii:

You r tye most funniest dude.

Can u be arrested on what u did not collect from someone?
oga bidexii....dz matter no go end if u keep quoting oga henry...I see oga henry calling a spade a hand trowel or a shovel walahi
it still beats my understanding on d point he is driving at
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:52pm On May 20, 2016
Odunayaw:
oga bidexii....dz matter no go end if u keep quoting oga henry...I see oga henry calling a spade a hand trowel or a shovel walahi
it still beats my understanding on d point he is driving at

Mate u r right....... cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:57pm On May 20, 2016
AFSF IN RUSSIA RAPELLING FROM A MIL MI-17

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.