Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (108409 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by dazangel11(f): 6:28am On Apr 06, 2015
Oh how I wish the will just come out in bulk to vote agbaje let this country boil if it wants to. while the hatred even from an oba .

You said the Igbo are annoying but you fought and killed 3 million of them to keep them in your stupid country. I want to urge all Igbo to come out and vote the candidate of their choice we cannot give in to intimidation.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by REDshouse(m): 6:36am On Apr 06, 2015
pdp going too far to dis credit oba of lagos in other to get sympathy votes. all because he does not endorse ur party candidate. the carlibre of politicians we now have in nigeria are too crude and very wicked. using ethnicity and religion to campainge is never the best......igbo if u like go to your village and import yourself the last election shows it all lagos ve decided. we dnt worship any oba here and note they hardly decide our living like you people.. the proverb that says "he dats down fear no fall" using every fin to fight.. toothless and shamless PDP...

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by REDshouse(m): 6:44am On Apr 06, 2015
godunia:
That news has a source does not make it true,I doubt this information except I see d video Yorubas are too civilized to embark on issues like this after all there s nothing in d political sphere of Lagos that threatens d candidature of Ambode.if all d ibos in Lagos could not make gej win Lagos last week,is it on Saturday the story will change especially now that APC is d central Government? Mbanu.
video or pictures of the meeting with ur kinsmen speaks more of the genuinety of the source and more so what is sun news paper. an igbo and pdp paper. source is orgi uzor kalu newspaper sun

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Lucasbalo(m): 6:45am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

The Oba have indeed spoken.......

Is either Ambode or nobody in Lagos.....
I hope Bode George is hearing this oooooo, I want to see his last blood being wastedgringrin
What's wrong with Oba Akinolu intimidating people to vote for Ambode?. That's not democracy. If I have a vote in Lagos, I would vote for Agbaje because of that kind of reasoning. People should vote whoever pleases them. Enough of this nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by MayorofLagos(m): 6:46am On Apr 06, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
I don't know what you mean by your first sentence. I referenced the constitution because it is the rule book by which this Republic (imperfect as it is) has decided to run its affairs. If my life is on the line (as you put it) and it is eventually taken unlawfully by another, the constitution stands in the gap and prosecutes whoever is responsible. That's the way it works. The Constitution isn't perfect but without it, we would be far, far worse off.

You don't know my homeland, sir. I wonder how you came to the assumption that Ozu River (wherever that is) is anywhere near my homeland. But that isn't even the issue. If the Constitution has not delivered justice to the people whose corpses you mentioned as having being dumped in the river - then the fault is with the human operators of the Constitution and not the Constitution itself. I hope that is clear.

More to the point - I am yet to see the relevance of your comments above to my comments about the rights of Nigerians to freely vote for whoever they wish. Those rights cannot be abridged by you or any monarch. That is the crux of the matter.

I love it when people who never had problem understanding me suddenly loose comprehension skills, and then confess it!

Let me hit home.....Ekitigate, was Fayose the wish of Ekiti people or was he forced on them?

It will soon be a year since that incidence. The constitutiin has not touched it and heaven has not fallen in protest of the inaction.

So clarify yourself on the power of Nigerian Constitution and its potency impotency.

Nothing happens after the fact on the issued threat commanding you to vote the candidate endorsed by the throne. Nothing!!

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Ikengawo: 6:51am On Apr 06, 2015
huptin:

Hahahahh... you are a very funny man....you want to mobilise agberos from Ontisha and Aba? But they will pass through 5 Yoruba states b4 getting to Lagos? The last time that kinda happened you people dis not even move beyond Ore.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by VolvoS60(m): 7:07am On Apr 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I love it when people who never had problem understanding me suddenly loose comprehension skills, and then confess it!

Let me hit home.....Ekitigate, was Fayose the wish of Ekiti people or was he forced on them?

It will soon be a year since that incidence. The constitutiin has not touched it and heaven has not fallen in protest of the inaction.

So clarify yourself on the power of Nigerian Constitution and its potency impotency.

Nothing happens after the fact on the issued threat commanding you to vote the candidate endorsed by the throne. Nothing!!

^^^^
undecided

My comprehension skills are very much intact sir.

Go through my posts again. I have been as clear and direct as possible. For the very last time: Neither you nor your monarch (if indeed he made those comments) can coerce free citizens of this Republic to vote for your preferred candidate. You don't have the right, authority or power to do so. For you to come on here to brazenly justify this attempted sacrilege it means you are not worthy or ready to live in a free and democratic society despite your pretense to the contrary.

On second thoughts - don't bother going through my posts again. You are very much aware of the key issue here since I made my position very clear from the onset. Your decision to go off on a tangent about Ozu River, Ekitigate, etc. undecided was a weak, poorly disguised attempt at diversion. I am not taking the bait.

You will be held accountable on this thread - any misleading information or assertion from you will be swiftly challenged. You can take that to the bank.

16 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by kettykin: 7:09am On Apr 06, 2015
My word for the Oba Akiolu is this, he whom the gods want to destroy they first make mad.

What a billion Awolowo ,a trillion Obasanjo, and a zillion Benjamin Adekunle aka black scorpion could not archieve in their lifetime despite the support of Arewa, some niger delta tribe, Britain, Egypt, soviet union, the highly respected former DIG now Oba wants to archieve.

Good luck Oba Akiolu!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 06, 2015
otipoju:
The first law I learnt on the streets is that no matter how strong you are or how well you can fight, you do not look for trouble away from home, you can defend yourself and quickly find an escape route if need arises.

1. You do not know the nooks and crannys of a strange land.

2. If wahala start and you are outnumbered as surely you will be, how do you escape.

So since these guys have more to loose in potential income and possible destruction of goods if trouble starts, it is not wise to go against your hosts in any form..it is common sense.

And really the Oba has a point, can his people go across the Niger and start telling their hosts that it is no mans land...take it or leave it, it is really disrespectful and no good can come out of it.

Even other Yoruba tribes that are not indegenes of Lagos know their boundaries and limitations.

When Mbu came and started flexing muscles, it did not take long for him to adjust...

What you can't take dont try to give.

undecided

Igboa are Nigeria, I am going to ignore the fact that they overdo things but you cannot threaten them in their country nor can you consider the rubbish you posted as facts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by luvola(m): 7:10am On Apr 06, 2015
I dont want to vote before but because of this silly statements,I shall vote for Agbaje . So Oba come and do your worst. nonsense#

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 06, 2015
Firefire:
... and the intimidation continue... Oba, indeed. undecided

Let the so called Oba know that power belongs only to Almighty God and He gives to whosoever He wishes.

Unfortunately God has given power to the Oba therefore he can wield however he wants

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by biafransoul: 7:16am On Apr 06, 2015
Lol.... This lunatic of an Oba doesn't know that Igbos don't care. We chart our course in life and doesn't wait for for one stupid fool to dictate for us. Anyways, Jimi Agbaje has my vote now.

13 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Davidolives(m): 7:16am On Apr 06, 2015
i laff in swahi no oba has influence over elections especially in the south west we resemble northerners for una eye undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by kristisking(m): 7:16am On Apr 06, 2015
I wish I were an Ibo residing in Lagos,I will vote PDP in his presence and watch him carry out his threats.This man is sick.Seriously sick.Are people not free to make their choice any longer?Coercing people to vote an anointed candidate is not democratic.Let the Ibos not be intimidated by this fool.They should go out and vote the candidate of their choice.We know he has been bribed.Constitutionally,Nigerians are free to live in any part of the country without any harrassment.It is an empty threat.

14 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by oluwafemi113(m): 7:17am On Apr 06, 2015
We don't like the Hausas & we don't like the Yorubas, yet we populate their States in search for our livelihood." ~Okorocha's letter to Igbos

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by RedBororo(m): 7:17am On Apr 06, 2015
YOU WE SEE AN AVERAGE IGBO WANT TO BE IN CONTROL OF ANOTHER MANS COMMUNITY, THIS YOU AS A VISITOR CAN NOT TRY IN THE EAST, LET LEARN TO COOPERATE WITH OUR HOST COMMUNITY.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Solowande(m): 7:18am On Apr 06, 2015
Are u God? stop threatening d igbo's let dem vote dia choice. At least we are in democracy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by YabaLeftist: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2015
He should just go and die, stoopid man making stoopid comments. As a traditional ruler he should speak with tact and wisdom, not like some slowpoke. Illiterate. after collecting money from APC he's yarnin opata like a drunk. Useless.

Obi of Onitsha or Oba of Benin cannot make such senseless comment.

7 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by gratiaeo(m): 7:18am On Apr 06, 2015
I doubt if Oba will say this. Unless if he's ready to turn Lagos to northeast
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by olas24u(f): 7:18am On Apr 06, 2015
jerseyboy:
Yeye Oba. 99% of LAGOS residents don't know your name nor can they find their way to your palace. Omuti.

Stop!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Anapuao(f): 7:19am On Apr 06, 2015
Wow such audacity. Is the oba God

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Qelvin(m): 7:19am On Apr 06, 2015
As much as I doubt the credibiIity of this laughable report, I will so like to meet this Oba of a guy in real life for a one-on-one chat, he must be one heck of a tough brawn if he truly spewed all this "interesting" threats, I'll so love to see him regurgitate this same crap out of his mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by stonecoldcafe: 7:19am On Apr 06, 2015
He said: “On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode, who I picked, that is your end. If it does not happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who gave birth to me.

Jesussssssssssssssssssssssssss! angry shocked angry but this is not good for democracy now. This is not good. End of the day let us vote our conscience. If APC has done well enough and the ibo's are convinced, let them vote for them. What will it profit any true Lagosian to allow PDP carry that state now. After 16 years of PDP being at the helm, is it not time for every Lagosian to enjoy the state being at par with the federal government.

But Oga Oba pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee don't talk like this. It aint cool sir.

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by GodblessNig247(m): 7:19am On Apr 06, 2015
OK.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by testament007: 7:19am On Apr 06, 2015
i think he's high on lemon grass

Which kind mumucious threat be dis

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by zikuma: 7:20am On Apr 06, 2015
How can an Oba of high status say such a thing. if really he said so, May god of thunder fire him but its lies may the god of sango damage the hands of the lie.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by VoteOutPDPJona: 7:20am On Apr 06, 2015
[size=14pt]This story must definitely be false.

How can a learned and retired high ranking police officer turned Oba make such an inciting statement?

What is the difference between Asari Dokubo's threat condemned by majority of Nigerians to this ungodly threat?

The very unfortunate part is the thumps up giving to this story by self professed democrats on this forum.

SHAME ON ANY SOUL WHO TAKES SIDE WITH THIS EVIL REPORT.[/size]

18 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by biafransoul: 7:20am On Apr 06, 2015
RedBororo:
YOU WE SEE AN AVERAGE IGBO WANT TO BE IN CONTROL OF ANOTHER MANS COMMUNITY, THIS YOU AS A VISITOR CAN NOT TRY IN THE EAST, LET LEARN TO COOPERATE WITH OUR HOST COMMUNITY.
Have you ever been to the East and you were not welcomed? The issue is why are Yorubas so scared of competition? Pls, stop hiding behind the achievements of your father; venture out and be a man.

10 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by rukkyland(m): 7:20am On Apr 06, 2015
OBA is NOT=GOD... vain words..how can a termite destroy a rock?

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by odi2468(m): 7:21am On Apr 06, 2015
Oba... Wich way?? Is it Nat Democracy again?? Oba-Cracy Allow dz guys....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Full List Of Nigeria National Honours Award Recipients / Girl Videos Ipalibo Banigo, Rivers Deputy Governor, Breaks Through Security / DSS Butchered Saheed Adisa 'Adogan' After 48 Bullets Failed To Penetrate - ICYMI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.