Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi (21647 Views)

Okorocha Meets A Couple On Their Way To Their Wedding (Photos) / Okorocha Meets Pastor Mike Agbahiwe Whose Wife Was Killed In Kano / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by Abagworo(m): 6:48am On Apr 06, 2015
COVER

Okorocha leads bid to reposition Igbo in political equation

By DORIS OBINNA

Ahead of Saturday’s governorship and House of Assem­bly elections, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has moved to ensure that it wins at least two states in the South-East, in order to bring the zone into the emerging political equa­tion in the country.

The APC won the presi­dential election of March 28, as well as the majority seats in the National Assembly. The party, however, lost all the five South-East states in the presidential and National Assembly elections.

Worried that the South- East has lost the offices of president, vice president, Senate president and speaker of the House of Representa­tives, owing to its support for the Peoples Democratic party (PDP), stakeholders in the APC from the zone have begun to meet with prominent politicians and top players in the governorship and House of Assembly elections.

It was gathered that the party has appointed Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and strongman of Abia politics, Chief B. B. Apugo to meet with stake­holders in Saturday elec­tions, with a view to ensuring APC’s victory in Abia and Imo states.

Sources revealed that the two-man team has started consulting stakeholders from the South-East on this. One of those consulted is former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu.

It was gathered that Kalu told the Okorocha team that since he was not contesting for any position in Saturday’s polls, the team should rather discuss with the governor­ship candidates of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Dr. Alex Otti and Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA), Chief Chikwe Udensi.

Daily Sun gathered that Okorocha met with Otti at Imo State Government House, Owerri yesterday, where the possibility of APC’s victory in Abia was discussed.

Also, Methodist Church priest, Bishop Sunday Onu­oha, reportedly linked Otti with former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, and the duo spoke extensively yes­terday.

The APC team is also ex­pected to meet with Udensi of the PPA.

Competent sources equal­ly revealed that Governor Okorocha yesterday met with market women from Aba at Government House, Owerri.

In the meeting, Okorocha impressed it on the market women to talk to their hus­bands, children and other eli­gible voters to vote for APC on Saturday, so that the party would win at least two states and therefore, ensure that tyhe South East was part of the incoming APC govern­ment at the centre.

It was gathered that the Okorocha team would also meet other South-East stake­holders before Friday to per­suade them to ensure APC’s victory in Saturday’s gover­norship and House of Assem­bly elections in Abia and Imo states, so that the South-East could come into reckoning in the emerging political equa­tion.

Meanwhile, President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, will this week visit the South-East and South- South, where he will meet stakeholders and leaders to firm up the arrangement.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=112959

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by temitemi1(m): 6:53am On Apr 06, 2015
All I'm waiting for now is the "change" grin grin. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by Allohrandy(m): 6:59am On Apr 06, 2015
Owelle is going to be the leader of the Igbos soon. I see him becoming the first Igbo president. Anyway, Rochas till 2019

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by chiibekee(f): 7:00am On Apr 06, 2015
Allohrandy:
Owelle is going to be the leader of the Igbos soon. I see him becoming the first Igbo president
if I hear

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by modath(f): 7:08am On Apr 06, 2015
This story is full of holes,how does APC hope to win in Abia when the prominent candidates are in APGA and PPA unless there is an underground plan to have them defect to the governing party after the election.

How do people come up with all these spurious tales,wish they would channel their vast imaginative skillls to better use.

17 Likes

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by fagbalex(m): 7:09am On Apr 06, 2015
temitemi1:
All I'm waiting for now is the "change" grin grin. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL!!

Oh my God! So a tout is your model, also a clueless person is your hero. that mean you must be clueless and garage tout.

I am a Change agent, what about you ?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:41am On Apr 06, 2015

Meanwhile, President-elect, General
Muhammadu Buhari, will this week visit the
South-East and South- South, where he will
meet stakeholders and leaders to firm up the
arrangement.
God bless GMB for this. Even though most Igbos didn't vote for you,you still have them in mind.

As for Rochas,he is our new Igbo leader! He deserves it.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by seunfly: 8:18am On Apr 06, 2015
I only pity ngige, he worked, suffer humiliation and rejection because of the party he belong to but now he can't even benefits because of the the hatred they have for him. For ngige alone I would have loved it if APC reject any southeast PDP senators who want to defect to be senate president.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by enzony(m): 8:31am On Apr 06, 2015
modath:
This story is full of holes,how does APC hope to win in Abia when the prominent candidates are in APGA and PPA unless there is an underground plan to have them defect to the governing party after the election.

How do people come up with all these spurious tales,wish they would channel their vast imaginative skillls to better use.

The report from the Sun is a very lazy one. Alex Otti of APGA is going to win the Abia state governorship, and he's not defecting to any APC.

There's no truth whatsoever in this lousy report. Instead, Rochas is trying to ensure that he succeeds in winning a reelection in Imo.

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by Rahmatuparker: 8:39am On Apr 06, 2015
APC shd not accept any senator from other parties from d South East, dey want to come n become d senate president. They don't deserve it, imagine how tables can turn. APC has a senator from d South South, let dem make use of him instead, from Edo State.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by uaccurate: 8:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by DancingSkeleton(m): 8:40am On Apr 06, 2015
j
Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by joedejana(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2015
Don't care
Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by jeeqaa7(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2015
Okay
Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by slap1(m): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2015
enzony:

The report from the Sun is a very lazy one. Alex Otti of APGA is going to win the Abia state governorship, and he's not defecting to any APC.

There's no truth whatsoever in this lousy report. Instead, Rochas is trying to ensure that he succeeds in winning a reelection in Imo.
Don't mind them. Otti is winning with APGA.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by lonelydora: 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Alex Oti, na him we know in Abia. PDP in Abia is dead-on-arrival.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by realtestament(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
U bin deaf?
chiibekee:
if I hear
Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by lordsharks(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
nice 1
Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by Mcowubaba: 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Does Alex otti need to decamp to APC
He is likely to win Abia State...(Anyway he knws best)
APC dnt worry PDP in Abia State is like NEPA in my village (dead)cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by Misogynist2014(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Good move.
Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by obibankz(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Rochas that cannot even win his local govt, we gave him mandate on APGA but he's a disgrace to igbo nation, I can't wait to vote him out of Douglas house on Saturday, let him go and join his fellow Abokii as minister shekinna, what happen to Ngige must surely repeat itself, I trust my biafra voters, after all north east didn't vote for Gej but I think they benefits more than all the zone that voted for Gej in 2011, Rochas can never be our leader, he's a mistake that must surely be corrected on 28th

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by gudluckgreat(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2015
chiibekee:
if I hear

And you go hear by force angry

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by love884: 8:43am On Apr 06, 2015
wow
Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by vivaciouzz(f): 8:44am On Apr 06, 2015
Dr.Alex Otti our incoming Governor.. cool cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by cana882(m): 8:44am On Apr 06, 2015
temitemi1:
& dat makes FFK ur ideal guy

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by gudluckgreat(m): 8:44am On Apr 06, 2015
modath:

Thanks for your understanding skills. Abians are out to vote otti. The movement Rochas is making is for defection to take place after elections

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by Texcoco(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2015
Otti shouldn't be seen hobnobbing with the enemy else this could blow up in his face.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by realtestament(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2015
Wish he was still alive

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Meets Abia Goverorship Hopeful Alex Otti And Udensi by TooNoisy(f): 8:46am On Apr 06, 2015
temitemi1:

You forgot to mention Okupe, your fellow bastard

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Battle Amaechi Over Infrastructure In South East / Suspended AGF Ahmed Idris Signed ₦26tn Financial Statement – Audit Report / George Weah Visits Rochas Okorocha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.