Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,776 members, 7,806,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick (2657 Views)

Where can I download John Wick: Chapter 2? / Swing & A Miss: John Wick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by TheFury: 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
Both movies are great. Not in the outstanding sphere but great. Both have similar themes, both center around an assassin. If you have seen this movie, who do you think would win a fight(employing all their skill as we see from the movies).

Denzel Washington plays Robert Macall in "The Equalizer". A former government special operative who has promised his dead wife to put his past behind. But he gets himself mixed up with the Russian mob in an attempt to right the wrongs.... To Equalize. Robert Macall is a very neat man. Times everything. Pays attention to the minutest detail and is very methodical. He killed four Russian gangsters in 19seconds. He can anticipate what his opponent will do and plots the most efficient way of taking him out.

Keanu Reeves plays The titular role of "John Wick". An assassin who was formerly in the employ of the Russian mob. He left his past behind for love and then his wife dies. He goes on a revenge journey when the son of his former boss insults the memory of his dead wife. John Wick is known as "Babayega" in the movie.. Meaning "The Boogeyman". His former Russian boss said of him" I once saw him kill three men in a bar with a pencil". John Wick is fast, rash sometimes, calculative and brutal.

For those who have seen both movies, who do you think is the better Operative and who do you think would win in a battle. The Equalizer or John Wick.
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
Robert McCall hands down. John Wick is pretty amazing as an assassin but c'mon, McCall is phenomenal. He can make time work for him. He's too fast jare.
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by TheFury: 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
I am tempted to agree with you. But John Wick is quite good. Irrespective of his rash nature, considering he was on a personal mission. Look at how he took out that 'wet team' sent to his house immediately he dug out his guns and gold. Remember, Viggo said of him in the movie; John Wick is a man of focus, commitment and determination".
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
TheFury:
I am tempted to agree with you. But John Wick is quite good. Irrespective of his rash nature, considering he was on a personal mission. Look at how he took out that 'wet team' sent to his house immediately he dug out his guns and gold. Remember, Viggo said of him in the movie; John Wick is a man of focus, commitment and determination".

If both should square off one on one, Robert would make a mince meat of John, I'm afraid. John with all his gun skills and determination is no match for Robert's Cold Precision. The man's like a machine for crying out loud!
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by crazygod(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
John wick in the movie was vulnerable. He could have died a number of times if not because his sniper friend kept saving him. But Robert na machine o. Though they made him look almost flawless in the movie. Based on this, I'll give it to Robert. But that dude in the movie Taken will slay this guys with his 'set of special skills'.
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by TheFury: 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
crazygod:
John wick in the movie was vulnerable. He could have died a number of times if not because his sniper friend kept saving him. But Robert na machine o. Though they made him look almost flawless in the movie. Based on this, I'll give it to Robert. But that dude in the movie Taken will slay this guys with his 'set of special skills'.

You guys are right. But just as you pointed out, Macall was made to look flawless. Unbeatable. The plot required it. Why I think it isnt a sr8t out win for Macall is cos John Wick's mission was a personal one. It wasn't a "hit" in the sense of the word, it wasnt planned or engineered, it was simply pure vengeance fueled by rage. Thats why Marcus(Williem Defoe) kept watching over him cos he knew he would loose his cool. Remember what the barmaid at The Continental said to him, she said she had never seen John vulnerable before. Which means the man who took out three men with a pencil ---before what the movie shows us-must be a very formidable hitman. Robert was very successful with his operations cos he was simply doing what Frank Castle does. Punish!!!!!. No emotions attached, no long thing. Just a sense of good to prevail. "Revenge is not a value its an emotional response".
PS: You mean Brian Mills from the Taken Movies?.... That guy is quite the operative. Very good. But throw in Agent 47 into the mix and you have a firecracker of a battle.
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by Csami(m): 2:06am On Apr 08, 2015
You see john is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will something you know little about. I once saw him kill three men in a bar with a pencil...a Fucking pencil.

Though john is tight still I have to give it to ma man Robert. He's this think think type of person. One thing about Robert is that he can kill his enemy without even staying in the same room. A man like that can set the tools and motion you to end yourself.
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by Caracta(f): 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
Csami:
You see john is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will something you know little about. I once saw him kill three men in a bar with a pencil...a Fucking pencil.

Though john is tight still I have to give it to ma man Robert. He's this think think type of person. One thing about Robert is that he can kill his enemy without even staying in the same room. A man like that can set the tools and motion you to end yourself.

My favorite quote. John Wick is damn wickeeeed!!! I love him.

Both movies started on a boring note. Robert patronizing that restaurant day in day out. And John mourning his wife...then his dog died and the movie started.

This is hard mehn...but I go with Robert. Who would have taught he could pull those stunts? He is a killing machine.
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by Csami(m): 6:21am On Apr 09, 2015
Caracta:

My favorite quote. John Wick is damn wickeeeed!!! I love him.

Both movies started on a boring note. Robert patronizing that restaurant day in day out. And John mourning his wife...then his dog died and the movie started.

This is hard mehn...but I go with Robert. Who would have taught he could pull those stunts? He is a killing machine.

Everyone's favorite quote. The effect was what made the whole thing crazy.
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by TheFury: 7:05am On Apr 09, 2015
Wick is definitely a capable hitman. Robert looks unbeatable. Guy got all areas covered. But I still think Wick won't be brought down that easy. At most twuld be a draw. smiley
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 09, 2015
So this argument is still going on?? Seriously?? Robert single handedly took down a well trained bigass, badass mercenary twice his size and strength with nothing but ruthless efficiency, and Wick on the other hand, couldn't even kill an old Russian boss without getting stabbed in the process. The truth stands: Like most freelancers, John suck at hand to hand, but Robert was government trained, and very good at everything. He will kill John under 5 seconds, with or without a gun. Robert is a killing machine, a perfectionist.

Robert is undoubtedly one of the deadliest action heroes of the contemporary age, arguably second only to Jason Bourne. With a sequel already announced, Robert has definitely supplanted himself among the top tier of action heroes.
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by TheFury: 12:15am On Apr 10, 2015
koice:
So this argument is still going on?? Seriously?? Robert single handedly took down a well trained bigass, badass mercenary twice his size and strength with nothing but ruthless efficiency, and Wick on the other hand, couldn't even kill an old Russian boss without getting stabbed in the process. The truth stands: Like most freelancers, John suck at hand to hand, but Robert was government trained, and very good at everything. He will kill John under 5 seconds, with or without a gun. Robert is a killing machine, a perfectionist.

Robert is undoubtedly one of the deadliest action heroes of the contemporary age, arguably second only to Jason Bourne. With a sequel already announced, Robert has definitely supplanted himself among the top tier of action heroes.

Well that's right. I have been rooting for John cos I knew everyone would immediately pick Robert. In any event, The Equalizer would "Equalize". LolLol wink....as for top tier action heroes. Well Jason Bourne is one heavy hitter. Bryan Mills of "Taken" is also a force to be reckoned with.
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by Kronical(m): 1:59am On Feb 22, 2017
Jason Bourne is one helluva striker..

John wick is brutal though.. He's the one you send to kill an assassin..
Re: Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick by Gbengadaniel12: 6:04am On Feb 22, 2017
Kronical:
Jason Bourne is one helluva striker..

John wick is brutal though.. He's the one you send to kill an assassin..
he's the One you send to kill the Baba yaga

(1) (Reply)

See Game Of Thrones Season 6, Behind The Scenes / Hitv Customer Care / Watch The Last Airbender Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.